Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,895 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically - Religion (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically (332157 Views)

6 Signs That You Are Being Attacked Spiritually / Is Oral And Anal Sex Spiritually Hygienic In Christian Marriages??? / As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (197) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by Natureboy22: 11:06pm On Mar 24, 2016
blessedbeads:
To God be all the Glory ,today renunciation serviced in CCT was a success ....
Father thank u for your mighty act in the life of your children and thank u Lord for your servant and all the SGM, Take all the Glory Father

Thank Father 4 the manifestation of ur power. Thank u Jesus!!!!!
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 11:47am On Mar 25, 2016
NOT BY HISTORY

“9. Then saith the woman... the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans. 10. Jesus answered... If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.”
(John 4: 9-10)

That is the Focal Scripture of Streams of Joy Devotional today.

While Jesus spoke with the woman of Samaria, she reminded Him that Jews had no dealings with Samaritans. Jews and Samaritans had a history of not doing things together in bible times. They shared a negative history that was about to hinder Jesus’ impact on the woman of Samaria.

When history was thrown up, Jesus spoke about living waters. History was about to hinder Jesus, and He conquered it by speaking of what God was about to do. That history was in the past; the living waters were in the future. So Jesus dealt with history by speaking of the future.

Friend, when a negative history wants to stop you, remind the devil of what God is about to do. Remind every negative history against you that your case is different; when history forms a roadblock, remind it that Jesus’ promise concerning your life is guaranteed. Remind the enemy that whatever didn’t work in the past won't stop what is about to work in your future. Defeat every negative history by confessing God's word about your future.

Jesus spoke about living waters, and the woman of Samaria spoke no more about the history of Jews and Samaritans. History bowed to the promise of the future. God's promise concerning your future will conquer every negative history that is standing before you. What God has said is more potent than what men are saying.

Focus on what God has said concerning your future and forget about any negative history that says it is impossible. If God be for you, no negative history shall prevail against you.

Prayer : Lord, no negative history shall prevail over me or my future, in Jesus’ name!@Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 3:04pm On Mar 27, 2016
REACH YOUR GENERATION

“Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:”
(John 4: 13)

After Jesus’ encounter with the woman of Samaria, the entire city of Samaria believed in Him. Their encounter with Jesus led to their of salvation. It began with one woman who encountered Jesus, but in a matter of time, the entire city turned to Jesus. One person’s encounter was a platform for a citywide impact.

Friend, hear this: your encounter with Jesus is a platform for multitudes to come to Jesus. Your relationship with God is God’s platform to reach the unreached people around you. If God can have a robust and deep encounter with you, be sure that a community around you is about to turn over to Jesus. Whatever encounter you have with Jesus has a potential of turning multitudes to Jesus.

Jesus didn't go after everyone in Samaria; He reached one woman, and the woman invited the multitude to come to Jesus. Jesus will not physically speak to everyone, and He is counting on you to speak for Him. He saved you so that you can partner with Him to ensure that multitudes are saved.

If all that your relationship with God means to you is what you can get from God, you're living below your potentials, and you're missing the point of why Jesus died and rose again. There is a community around you that needs to be reached; God is counting on you to be like that woman of Samaria whose testimony can turn an entire city around.

Remember, it all began with an encounter, and that encounter brought results for the Master. Look inwards today: what results have your encounters with God brought to God? What results have accrued to God after all you have heard Him say or do?

Prayer : Lord, may my encounter with You win multitudes for You, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 7:19am On Mar 28, 2016
SPIRITUAL SOLUTIONS

“13. Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: 14. But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst …”
(John 4: 13-14)

In our Focal Scripture, Jesus announced that anyone who drinks water from the well will thirst again. Thirst is a physical urge/challenge; water is the physical solution to thirst. So Jesus affirmed the futility of solving a physical problem with a physical solution. Jesus proffered spiritual solutions for physical problems.

Friend, if you apply physical solutions to your physical problems, the problems may remain or reoccur. If your response to health challenges is purely physical, you might end up in the cycle of challenges; if your go completely physical whilst dealing with marital, financial, academic, career, business, etc challenges, there is a tendency for repeat challenges.

Instead of fighting physical battles with purely physical strategies, try the spiritual option. Deal with physical challenges through prayer and God’s word. Instead of relying only on drugs, rely on God for healing.

Instead of counting only on advice, go for divine revelations. Use spiritual warfare to deal with physical roadblocks. Instead of adopting a physical approach in dealing with life’s issues, try the spiritual option and the results will amaze you.

Apart from saying that whosoever drinks water from the well will thirst again, Jesus said that whosoever drinks the living waters won't thirst again. Physical solutions to physical challenges won't stop challenges from returning; but spiritual solutions will work wonders.

Any challenge that remained after you tried a physical solution is only making a call for a divine solution.

Prayer : Lord, grant me spiritual solutions for my physical challenges, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by Exodus23v25(m): 8:34am On Mar 28, 2016
blessedbeads:
SPIRITUAL SOLUTIONS

“13. Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: 14. But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst …”
(John 4: 13-14)

In our Focal Scripture, Jesus announced that anyone who drinks water from the well will thirst again. Thirst is a physical urge/challenge; water is the physical solution to thirst. So Jesus affirmed the futility of solving a physical problem with a physical solution. Jesus proffered spiritual solutions for physical problems.

Friend, if you apply physical solutions to your physical problems, the problems may remain or reoccur. If your response to health challenges is purely physical, you might end up in the cycle of challenges; if your go completely physical whilst dealing with marital, financial, academic, career, business, etc challenges, there is a tendency for repeat challenges.

Instead of fighting physical battles with purely physical strategies, try the spiritual option. Deal with physical challenges through prayer and God’s word. Instead of relying only on drugs, rely on God for healing.

Instead of counting only on advice, go for divine revelations. Use spiritual warfare to deal with physical roadblocks. Instead of adopting a physical approach in dealing with life’s issues, try the spiritual option and the results will amaze you.

Apart from saying that whosoever drinks water from the well will thirst again, Jesus said that whosoever drinks the living waters won't thirst again. Physical solutions to physical challenges won't stop challenges from returning; but spiritual solutions will work wonders.

Any challenge that remained after you tried a physical solution is only making a call for a divine solution.

Prayer : Lord, grant me spiritual solutions for my physical challenges, in Jesus’ name!Amen

Amen...
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by apostle11: 9:58pm On Mar 28, 2016
Greeting viewrs,
I am an apostle who God has called to wipe away tears, God has sent me to heal the sick, and to also bring broken relationship back together because God is not happy with divorce, and for impatation of ministers, because you can't do ministry without power. God has used me to heal a boy who was insane(Mad), God has used me to heal ashmatic patient, set the prisoners free prisons through my ministry.Through my ministry people's destiny has been activated , through my misnistry woman that was barren became fruithfull, God has used me in the area of prophecy, Ezekiel 37:1 If you want to get a Job, You wanting God to connect you Please do well to call me +2347033804232, Isiah 43:19. Above all give your life to christ that's john 3;3 and also do well to testify, Revelation 12:11 If there are no obstacles there will be no miracle, CONTACT US TODAY VIA EMAIL: apostlepeter13@yahoo.com and expect a miracle,a womancaried her lifelesschild to my house three times but i was not around the third time i stil was not around and she lay the child on my door step and said this is where i pass true that ther is power her,and she slept,as soon as she woke up ,she found the child playing,God as also use me in the area of impacting ministers of the gosple,went back to their base with another diamension of power,God is too much u cant be too small if you want to be feltile you want to be pregnant for your husband or you want God to connect you to influencial people,my website adress apostlepeter.wix.com
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 10:22pm On Mar 28, 2016
BEFORE YOU SLEEP:

When there's a Will, people find a way to win.

DESIRE is a powerful force. It Sees; It Studies; It Strategizes; It Creates; It Improvises; It Works; It Endures. It never takes NO for an answer.

The question isn't "Can it be done?". The question is , "How badly do you want it?".

NO EXCUSES- By all means rightly possible- FIND A WAY!

Goodnight.
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 9:55am On Mar 29, 2016
WHEN REALITY BECKONS

“15. The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw. 16. Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband...”
(John 4: 15-16)

In our Focal Scripture, Jesus had already promised that He could give living water that was superior to the physical water at the well. The reality also was that He had nothing physical with which to draw water. The woman of Samaria challenged Jesus to do what He said He would do.

When she made her demand, Jesus asked her to go and call her husband. Jesus had nothing physical with which to draw water, and He entered into divine revelation to ask a question that silenced the Samaritan woman. Jesus faced a reality check, there was a challenge for Him to do what He said He could do, and He delved into divine revelation.

There are times when our confessions and realities are miles apart. Sometimes, after believing God for the impossible, the enemy reminds us of impossibilities that can't be wished away. Sometimes, our faith seems like a fantasy that may never become a reality.

Friend, when reality beckons, switch into the realm of divine revelation. When circumstances make it seem like your faith and belief will fetch you nothing, and when your faith is miles apart from your reality, ask God to open your spiritual eyes to see what others haven't seen. Ask God for a divine revelation that will shut up the naysayers.

Jesus dismantled a reality that was against Him through a divine revelation. Ask God for a divine revelation that will silence every reality that is against you.

Isaiah 50 vs. 7 says: “For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.”

Prayer : Lord, when I’m faced with uncomfortable realities, grant me divine revelations that will bail me out, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 7:33am On Mar 31, 2016
REASSERT YOURSELF

“25. The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. 26. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.”
(John 4: 25-26)

While speaking with Jesus, the woman of Samaria said that Christ would come, and speak of all things. She seemed not to recognize that she was speaking to the Christ she was expecting. She inferred that Jesus was not Christ; she seemed not to recognize who Jesus truly was.

Jesus was not apologetic about who He was. He reminded the woman of Samaria that He was the Christ. When His personality was not clear to the woman of Samaria, He made no mistakes about giving a clear reminder. When faced with someone who was confused about who He was, Jesus reasserted Himself.

Friend, when people and circumstances question your personality, re-assert yourself and remind them of who you are. Remind the enemy that you are a chosen generation; remind yourself and those who are in doubt about who you are, that you are fearfully and wonderfully made; remind yourself that you are a success not a failure; remind yourself that you are a victor and not a victim. Remind yourself and people around you of whom God says you are.

There is no wisdom or humility in accepting the verdict of men concerning you when such verdict reduces you below who you are. Men may willfully refuse to acknowledge who you are and who God has made you; God says, don't accept their wrong definition of you.

Don’t allow men to fill your mind with any definition of you that doesn’t represent you. You are not what they say you are; you are who God says you are. Say who you are without apologies.

Psalm 49 vs. 20 says: “Man that is in honour, and understandeth not, is like the beasts that perish.”

Prayer : Lord, I choose to reassert myself; I am who You say I am, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 2:38pm On Mar 31, 2016
To God be all the Glory,today's holy ghost service in CCT was awesome and successful....
And today marks the end of Thursdays service to him alone be all the praise ,starting from 2nd of April service is now Saturday....
Come and experience God in a different way
Num-5 idowu close ,2nd power line off ijoko road sango ota Ogun state
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by humilitatem(f): 5:54pm On Mar 31, 2016
blessedbeads:
To God be all the Glory,today's holy ghost service in CCT was awesome and successful....
And today marks the end of Thursdays service to him alone be all the praise ,starting from 2nd of April service is now Saturday....
Come and experience God in a different way
Num-5 idowu close ,2nd power line off ijoko road sango ota Ogun state
Praise be to the Almighty God.
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by Exodus23v25(m): 8:45am On Apr 01, 2016
humilitatem:
Praise be to the Almighty God.

Halleluyah.... This is the new beginning the LORD has made for we all to start experiencing the Manifestation of His Raw Power, therefore, let us start rejoicing for the good things to come....

Happy new month to you all. May the new month make a new beginning in our lives, in Jesus name.
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 11:14am On Apr 01, 2016
NO MORE DRYNESS

“...when David and his men were come to Ziklag on the third day, that the Amalekites had invaded the south, and Ziklag, and smitten Ziklag, and burned it with fire;”
(1 Samuel 30: 1)

Our Focal Scripture tells of how the Amalekites invaded Ziklag through the south, and wrecked havoc. The south of Ziklag was a dry area. So the enemies of David invaded his abode through the place of dryness. Dryness was the entry point of the enemy against David.

Friend, God says, beware of dryness. Spiritual dryness is an entry point for the enemy against you; spiritual dryness is a platform for the enemy to burn your destiny down to ashes; prayerlessness makes it easy for the devil to mess up your destiny; a disconnection from God’s word helps the enemy to disconnect you from your possessions in Christ. Your spiritual dryness makes you an easy prey in the hands of the enemy.

When dryness opened the door to the enemy, the future of David (children) went into captivity. Spiritual dryness doesn’t only at endangering your present; it also endangers your future. When you sleep spiritually, you are giving the enemy freedom to mess up your future and potentials.

If there was no dry area for the Amalekites to make their entry into Ziklag, maybe there wouldn’t have been an invasion. There are battles you will avoid as a Christian if you are truly alive in the Spirit. There are losses, setbacks, disappointments, pains, etc that may never come your way once you shut the door on spiritual dryness.

Don’t be spiritually dry and turn around to blame the devil for attacking you. Take your victory in your hands; say no to spiritual dryness.

Romans 13 vs. 11 says: “...knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.”

Prayer :Lord, wake me up from every spiritual slumber, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 11:15am On Apr 01, 2016
Happy new month ,for God will make all things beautiful ....it is our month of breaking 4th
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by Exodus23v25(m): 5:17pm On Apr 01, 2016
blessedbeads:
Happy new month ,for God will make all things beautiful ....it is our month of breaking 4th

Amen...
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 12:04am On Apr 02, 2016
Eph. 1: 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Worship with us every Saturday @ CCT. Deliverance Ministries and all your expectations shall be fulfilled as Jesus himself is ready to liberate his people from every form of oppression/affliction.

Time: Always 8:30am prompt..
Venue: 5, Idowu close, plaza bus stop, Ijoko road, Sango Ota, Ogun state, Nigeria.

Come and have a lifetime encounter with Jesus in action!
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 12:05am On Apr 02, 2016
BEFORE YOU SLEEP:

We weren't called or created to be POPULAR, PERFECT OR BETTER THAN OTHERS. We are called to be IMPACTFUL!

IMPACT isn't about impressing others. Its about investing yourself into something that will improve your world and live on when you're gone.

It's time to make an IMPACT!

Goodnight.
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 6:24am On Apr 02, 2016
PAINS FROM PRAISE

“And it came to pass, when David and his men were come to Ziklag on the third day, that the Amalekites had invaded the south, and Ziklag, and smitten Ziklag, and burned it with fire;”

In our Focal Scripture, the Amalekites invaded the south and Ziklag. According to biblical geography, the south referred to Judah. So the Amalekites made their entry through Judah. They attacked David, using Judah as their platform. ‘Judah’ means ‘praise’. So the place of praise was the enemy's entry point.

One strategy of the enemy is to attack us from our places of praise. Sometimes, the enemy launches attacks through the same things we have praised about and testified about. Sometimes, the enemy weaves pain around our place of praise.

Although David’s enemies attacked and burnt Ziklag, David and his men fought back and won the battle. They didn’t sit back to sulk because an attack came through their place of praise; they fought back and won; they didn't allow the enemy to have the final say concerning the battle that arose from praise.

Friend, when a battle arises from your place of praise, fight back and you will defeat the enemy. When the enemy plots a tale of pain around the things you have praised God about, dismantle his satanic plots and plans through warfare prayers and you will win the war. When places that once caused you to dance suddenly bring you pain and shame, know that the enemy is at work, and your best option is to fight back.

David and his men fought back, and they recovered all. So the invasion through Judah didn't end in favour of the enemy; it ended in David’s favour. Dare to fight back, defend your praise with warfare prayers, and you will win the war.

Prayer : Lord, my place of praise will not bring me pain, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 6:52am On Apr 03, 2016
AWAY FROM ERROR

“And it came to pass, when David and his men were come to Ziklag on the third day, that the Amalekites had invaded the south, and Ziklag, and smitten Ziklag, and burned it with fire;”

In 1 Samuel 15, God commanded Saul to completely destroy the Amalekites; Saul didn't fully comply, he spared King Agag, and in 1 Samuel 30, Amalekites came and burned Ziklag- where David dwelt. The battle that Saul did not finish came back to haunt David. The enemies and negativity that Saul failed to deal with came back to haunt the next generation.

Friend, hear God’s warning: whatever battles you fail to fight and win might come back to haunt your next generation. The prayers you fail to make is a platform for generational mishaps in the future. Whatever negativity you allow may fight back possibly against your future generations. When you don't live in full obedience to God, and when you choose the path of disobedience, you're endangering unborn generations.

When Saul disobeyed God, he probably had no idea that his disobedience would haunt the next King of Israel. If you live in disobedience to God, be mindful that the false pleasure of disobedience cannot be compared to the pain that you might leave behind for others to suffer. You may choose the scope of your disobedience against God, but you can’t choose the scope of the consequences.

Turn away from the path of disobedience to God; walk away from every sin and attitude that offends God. Chase away everything in you that chases the presence of God away from you; do away with dishonesty, cheating, immorality, drunkenness, hypocrisy, etc. Don’t be counted among those who set the stage for generational curses for future generations.

Remember, if it displeases God, then it can endanger your next generation.

Prayer : Lord, I choose to live in obedience to You, in Jesus name! Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 6:36am On Apr 04, 2016
STUBBORN ISSUES

In Exodus 17, as the children of Israel left Egypt, the Amalekites came against them in Rephidim. Several generations later, the Amalekites came against David. David faced a battle that his forefathers fought and won in the past. He faced a challenge that his forefathers prevailed over. He faced a problem that had lasted for generations.

David eventually fought back and defeated the Amalekites. He faced the challenge before him and he gained victory. He came face to face with the enemies that his forefathers fought, he came face to face with the nation that wanted to stop his forefathers as they left Egypt, and he prevailed over them.

Friend, hear God’s prophetic word: when the enemy throws up the same challenges he threw at your forefathers, you will prevail. When the enemy raises the same battles which generations before you fought, it will be your chance for victory. When the sicknesses that came against past generations come against you, you will prevail; when you face the satanic roadblocks that stopped people before you, you will prevail. You will prevail over every old problem.

Don’t be scared when you face the same battles that people before you faced; your victory is assured. Even if people before you lost the battle, God says you will win; even if the battle is bigger than it was in the past, you will still win. No matter the old battles the enemy throws at you, you will win again and again.

Face every old battle with a mindset that your victory is assured, and like David, you will prevail.

Prayer : Lord, when I face stubborn challenges that came against past generations, I will prevail, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 12:28pm On Apr 05, 2016
TRANSFER YOUR STRENGTH

“...when David and his men were come to Ziklag on the third day, that the Amalekites had invaded the south, and Ziklag, and smitten Ziklag, and burned it with fire;”

When David and his men returned to Ziklag, they saw that the Amalekites had wrecked havoc in their absence. David’s men were men of strength. They were later described as David’s mighty men. When they went to battle, they won.

These mighty men left behind vulnerable wives and children who couldn't fight when the enemies came. The wives and children lacked fighting skills, and they succumbed to enemies in the absence of men of strength. Strength was not transferred by the men, and enemies took the wives and children captive.

Friend, it’s not enough to be a man/woman of strength. If the strengths and abilities in you are not transferred to people around you, they will be vulnerable to battles they have not learnt to fight, and they might struggle in your absence.

If you are a lone star in your work place, there might be ‘darkness’ any day you choose not to shine. If you are the only prayerful person in your home, teach others to be prayerful too, otherwise they might be vulnerable to the enemy.

David and his men pursued the enemies until they recovered what they lost. They bore the consequences of their inability to transfer their strength to their wives and children. If you don't transfer the strength God has planted in you, you might bear the consequences. If you don’t train others to do what you can do, you will end up doing what you could have thought them to do.

Teach people around you your skills, abilities, competences, and everything that makes you strong. Transfer your strength; it won’t make you weak, it will strengthen the network around you.

Prayer : Lord, I choose to transfer my strength to people around me, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 10:42pm On Apr 05, 2016
BEFORE YOU SLEEP:

REVENGE is a distraction. The mentality of the vengeful is "I'll show them". But the truth is, anything motivated by revenge is a massive waste of Time, Creativity and Energy.

The best Revenge is to succeed. So, walk away. Go back to what you were doing before you were rudely interrupted.

Goodnight.
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 1:37pm On Apr 06, 2016
WRONG CONNECTIONS

In 1 Samuel 29, prior to the invasion of Ziklag, David attempted to join the Philistines in a war. He lived in a Philistine territory, and he sought to work closely with them. He went on a mission that sought to strengthen his ties with a godless generation.

While he was with the ungodly Philistines, the Amalekites invaded Ziklag and took away his wives, children and possessions. That wrong relationship with the Philistines became the open door of the enemy against David. David engaged in a wrong relationship with enemies of God, and suffered a loss.

Friend, hear God’s warning: when you build an affinity with sin and ungodliness, you are opening the door for the enemy to invade and truncate your destiny. When you stay in relationships that don't honour God, you are giving the enemy an open door in your life. When you tag along in relationships that open the door of your life to the enemy, you will live to regret your wrong choices and decisions.

The Amalekites didn't invade Ziklag immediately David moved in there; they got a chance when David went to join the Philistines in battle. Ziklag was a godless environment, it didn’t cost David immediately, but it later did. Don’t be misled when the wrong connections, relationships, environments, attitudes, etc don’t seem to immediately backfire. They may not backfire today, but they may backfire tomorrow.

Don’t wait till you suffer losses before you discard the wrong connections, relationships, associations, attitudes, behaviour, etc. Don’t let the enemy have an open door in your life.

Prayer : Lord, I discard every wrong connection and relationship in my life, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 7:27am On Apr 07, 2016
BUILD YOUR HOME

“2. And had taken the women captives… 3. So David and his men came to the city, and, behold, it was burned with fire; and their wives, and their sons, and their daughters, were taken captives.”
(1 Samuel 30: 2-3)

When the Amalekites invaded Ziklag in the absence of David and his men, their wives and children were taken into captivity. Those men were parents, but in the absence of their parental roles, their homes were invaded by the enemy, and captivity became the lot of their spouses and children. Their absence from home created room for captivity.

Friend, when you fail in your parental, teaching, praying, modelling or impact making role in your home, you're making room for the enemy to bring captivity. When there is an emotional, psychological, marital or parental disconnection in the home, a door is being opened for the enemy.

David and his men went to seek a chance to fight in a battle (see 1 Samuel 29), they went to achieve something in their careers as warriors, and the enemy took that chance to put their homes in captivity. Don't let your push for personal achievements make you open the door for the enemy in your home. As you pursue your dreams, don’t relinquish your family obligations.

David and his men eventually recovered their wives and children, but it came at a cost: they fought a battle, and they had to deal with the fact that their city had been burnt. When you don't build your home, you may cause needless battles to become necessary. You may indeed win the war, but some scars may remain to remind you of your error.

As you go forth to fight battles and seek the achievements of this life, remember, you have people at home. Play your role in your family; don't make space for the devil in your home.

Prayer : Lord, give me wisdom to fulfil my family obligations, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 10:57pm On Apr 07, 2016
BEFORE YOU SLEEP:

The best way to respond to antagonists and Haters is to IGNORE them. People who antagonise you desperately want your attention.

When you refuse to give it to them, the best they can do is talk to one another about you. While they're discussing you, you're living and enjoying life.

IGNORE THEM!! They're not worth your time or attention!

Goodnight.
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 6:56am On Apr 08, 2016
GUARD YOUR FUTURE

“So David and his men came to the city, and, behold...their wives, and their sons, and their daughters, were taken captives.”
(1 Samuel 30: 3)

When the Amalekites invaded Ziklag, they took away the wives and children of David and his men. They took an action in the present that put the destinies of wives and children in jeopardy. Children are the future of every generation. So, put differently, the Amalekites’ attack in the present put David’s future into captivity. What the enemies did in David’s ‘today’ was to affect ‘tomorrow’.

Beloved, whatever you allow the enemy to accomplish in your today will affect your tomorrow. What you allow the devil to do in your present will determine how your future will be. If the devil is pushing you to be prayerless today, he has bigger plans to collapse your future. If the enemy is fighting the peace in your home, success of your business/career/ministry, consistency of your walk with God, etc, he is making arrangements to put your future behind bars.

If David’s ‘future’ remained in captivity, they (children) would have become slaves, lost their freedom and would have been ushered into servitude. The goal of the enemy as he attacks your today, is to make your future a slave to himself; and when he enslaves your future, your future will be filled with negativity and demonic activities.

Never underestimate the attacks of the enemy even if they appear little. Satanic attacks transcend the present; it’s about the future. If you allow the enemy to have a free ride in your life, you will regret it when you see the results months and years from now.

Don’t let the enemy take charge of your future. Don’t permit your future to go into captivity.

Ephesians 4 vs. 27 sums it up: “Neither give place to the devil.”

Prayer : Lord, my future will not be enslaved by the enemy, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 11:05am On Apr 09, 2016
FIGHT FOR THE FUTURE

“...their sons, and their daughters, were taken captives.”

When the Amalekites took David’s wives and children into captivity, David and his men fought back and recovered the families. They didn't sit back to accept the verdict of the enemy. They didn't give up on what they lost. Children are the future of every generation. So David and his men fought to regain their 'future'. They didn’t leave the future in bondage; they fought for their future.

Friend, God says, fight for your future. Don’t allow the enemy to have the final say on your future. Don’t allow the enemy to plant negativity in your future. Don’t allow the future to be a slave to the enemy. Don’t allow the enemy to determine what becomes of you in the next few months and years. Don’t allow the enemy to win the war of your future.

If the enemy has already put your future into captivity, recover it by prophetic prayers and spiritual warfare. Prayer is the currency that buys back what the enemy has stolen. Pray into the future before it manifests. Speak words that will shape your future. Make it a habit to speak into your tomorrow.

Any future in the hands of the enemy will birth pain, shame, disgrace, disappointments, stagnation, delays, etc; and when the enemy wants to mess up your future, he destroys not just days but years. If you don’t fight to defend your future, the enemy will preside over your future and treat you how he wishes.

Arise and fight for your future before the enemy takes charge; and remember that if you fail to fight for your future, you just might become a victim of the future.

Ephesians 5 vs. 16 says: “Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.”

Prayer : Lord, I choose to fight for my future; the enemy will not enslave my future, in Jesus’ name! Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 7:24pm On Apr 09, 2016
To God be all the Glory for his faithfulness and greatness, today's service was awesome with testimonies and miracles..... Thank u lord for delivering all the children that came and restoring their Glory and gift ,this can only be your doing .....take all the Glory and praise
Thank u for your servant ,more fire and more anointing upon him and his family.....
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 6:02am On Apr 11, 2016
FROM WANDERING TO POSSESSION

“So David and his men came to the city, and, behold, it was burned with fire...”

In 1 Samuel 16, God commanded Samuel to anoint David as king of Israel. David was indeed anointed by Samuel as the next king of Israel, but by 1 Samuel 30, he was still living in Ziklag- a Philistine territory. God had given David a kingdom but he was yet to step into it. There was an unfulfilled promise on David's life.

After the burning of Ziklag, David sat on the throne as king. He moved from having promises over his life to having fulfilled promises in his life. He moved from wandering to possession; the promise on his life became his evidence; he stepped into what God destined for him; he got what God reserved for him.

Friend, hear God’s prophetic word: you will move from wandering to possession. You will move from promise to fulfilment. Every word that God has spoken concerning you that is yet unfulfilled shall be fulfilled before your very eyes. Every promise of God that is hanging on your life shall soon be implemented by Divine design. You may have waited endlessly for what God said He would do: your wait is over, it’s about to happen.

Every promise and every word that God has made/spoken to you will come to pass. When men laugh at you because you are still in your ‘Ziklag’, remind them that from your ‘Ziklag’, you will move to the throne. When they mock you for being in obscurity, remind them that you will soon take your place in the limelight.

Look beyond your ‘Ziklag’ and expect your throne. If Jehovah is involved, you will move from wandering to possession.

Deuteronomy 1 vs. 21 says: “Behold, the LORD thy God hath set the land before thee: go up and possess it, as the LORD God of thy fathers hath said unto thee; fear not, neither be discouraged.”

Prayer :Lord, move me from wandering to possession, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 9:07am On Apr 12, 2016
COMFORT ZONE

“So David and his men came to the city, and, behold, it was burned with fire; and their wives, and their sons, and their daughters, were taken captives.”

Ziklag was a Philistine territory where David hid from Saul. David was meant to be king of Israel, he was anointed for that purpose, he was set for the throne, but because of the repeated attacks of Saul, he hid in Ziklag. Ziklag was David’s hideout; it was his safe haven; it was his comfort zone.

When the Amalekites burnt Ziklag, it set up a series of events that led David to the throne. God seemed to orchestrate the burning of Ziklag in order to push David to the throne. Ziklag was not God’s plan for David, it was a distraction from David’s throne, it was his comfort zone, and it was burnt.

Beloved, ask God to burn your ‘Ziklag’. Ask God to push you away from every comfort zone that wants to hinder and stagnate your destiny. Ask God to remove relationships and associations that give you comfort away from your destiny and fulfillment of potentials. Ask God to push you out of places that rob you of the drive to be all that God destined you to be.

God’s plan may appear to put you at risk, but the risk of stepping out of your comfort zone is safer than the safety of remaining there. Don’t feel bad when God allows your ‘Ziklag’ to be burnt; sometimes, God allows the good to perish because He wants to bring you the best. Sometimes, God destroys your comfort zone in order to make you more comfortable in the long run.

No matter how comfortable your ‘Ziklag’ is, it can't be compared to the throne God ordained for you. Ask God to help you discern that comfort zone that is not part of your future, and when He opens your eyes to see, walk away.

Prayer : Lord, I step out of every comfort zone that is limiting my rising, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by Exodus23v25(m): 10:38am On Apr 13, 2016
blessedbeads:
COMFORT ZONE

“So David and his men came to the city, and, behold, it was burned with fire; and their wives, and their sons, and their daughters, were taken captives.”

Ziklag was a Philistine territory where David hid from Saul. David was meant to be king of Israel, he was anointed for that purpose, he was set for the throne, but because of the repeated attacks of Saul, he hid in Ziklag. Ziklag was David’s hideout; it was his safe haven; it was his comfort zone.

When the Amalekites burnt Ziklag, it set up a series of events that led David to the throne. God seemed to orchestrate the burning of Ziklag in order to push David to the throne. Ziklag was not God’s plan for David, it was a distraction from David’s throne, it was his comfort zone, and it was burnt.

Beloved, ask God to burn your ‘Ziklag’. Ask God to push you away from every comfort zone that wants to hinder and stagnate your destiny. Ask God to remove relationships and associations that give you comfort away from your destiny and fulfillment of potentials. Ask God to push you out of places that rob you of the drive to be all that God destined you to be.

God’s plan may appear to put you at risk, but the risk of stepping out of your comfort zone is safer than the safety of remaining there. Don’t feel bad when God allows your ‘Ziklag’ to be burnt; sometimes, God allows the good to perish because He wants to bring you the best. Sometimes, God destroys your comfort zone in order to make you more comfortable in the long run.

No matter how comfortable your ‘Ziklag’ is, it can't be compared to the throne God ordained for you. Ask God to help you discern that comfort zone that is not part of your future, and when He opens your eyes to see, walk away.

Prayer : Lord, I step out of every comfort zone that is limiting my rising, in Jesus’ name!Amen

Amen... Happy new day to everyone!!!
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by blessedbeads(f): 11:14am On Apr 13, 2016
LEAVE THE CROWD

“4. Then David and the people that were with him lifted up their voice and wept, until they had no more power to weep. 6. And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him…”
(1 Samuel 30: 4, 6)

When David and his men were faced with the loss of their wives and children, their first response was to weep. They were warriors, but instead of going after the captors, they wept. David joined the men to weep. He joined the crowd to do what they did.

Soon, the same men David wept with spoke of stoning him. David joined the crowd to do what they were doing, and the crowd turned against him. The crowd’s response was not good, David joined in it and it worked against him. David moved with the crowd, and almost became a victim of the crowd.

Friend, glean some wisdom: don’t move with the crowd. Don’t join in the crowd of those who view everything through the binoculars of pessimism. Don’t join the crowd in confessing that all hope is lost, and that things are beyond redemption. Don’t join the crowd when their confessions concerning your nation are negative. Don’t be a part of the crowd that has lost the zeal for excellence.

When you move with the crowd, you might become a victim of the crowd. When you allow your uniqueness to be drowned in the negativity of the crowd around you, you just might be on the highway that leads to irrelevance and extinction.

Dare to be different; you mustn’t do/say what everyone is doing/saying; when others complain, pray; when others are hopeless, be hopeful; when others want to give up, push on; discard every crowd mentality.

Romans 12 vs. 2 says: “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”

Prayer : Lord, I choose to be different; I won’t be a victim of the crowd, in Jesus’ name!Amen

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (197) (Reply)

Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them / Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.