Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,225 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) (46331 Views)

Trending: Video Of Soldiers Punishing Some "Amnesty Beneficiaries" / Soldiers Treat A Civilian Like An Animal In Nasarawa State (Photo) / Evidence Of Election Rigging In Akwa Ibom Presented To The Public (PICTURES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Apr 20, 2013
Just ridiculous. Nigeria is a pathetic society. Things are so bad that some fools (who I assume would claim to be 'educated') support the illegality perpetrated by these detestable zombies in uniform.

In civilised societies, an unarmed civilian might even slap a soldier, and the soldier's response would be to file assault charges against the civilian. This is in spite of the FACT that the average, for instance, American soldier is 100 times better trained, stronger and more intelligent than the average thug in the uniform of the Nigerian armed forces. Yet, they are epitomes of self-control, discipline, and utmost restraint and professionalism. They NEVER react to trifles, let alone unarmed provocation by harmless civilians. That is how true professionals in any country's armed forces should behave. They have the privilege of superior training and weapons than the civilian populace, and they are not expected to abuse that privilege.

A lot is wrong with this country, we are in deep shit.

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 20, 2013
tyadams: Your opinion is the worst i have ever read this year, have you ever thought of how motorist misbehave on road at times? All because they fill they can do whatever they like as nobody is there to checkmate them.
All you can say is to wish Soldiers waterloo with the Boko haram guys, you blinking shit! Honestly i wish i can jam ur silly type on a checkpoint, and u just do ur village thing to any soldier who laid down his all to secure you. Then you will prefer a truck to hit you than the treatment you will be given.
PS: there is no, i mean NO punishment a soldier issue a civillian that he has not gone through, even myself. And i did not die.

You are a BASTARD, and so is every other slimy maggot that calls himself a soldier in this useless country. Is it your responsibility to punish erring motorists? Is that why you joined the Army? Do you not have terms of reference and rules of engagement? The fact that you are issued rifles (paid for by Nigerian tax payers) does not in itself confer on you the arbitrary power to be the judge, jury and executioner in any purely civil matter that catches your fancy.

To be honest, I wish some of you soldiers would leave your rifles (and not resort to your cowardly habit of calling for back up from your fellow bastards in uniform), and come and fight man-to-man. I am certain that I would give you the beating of your miserable life if we were to engage in a bare-knuckled man-to-man fight. Most of you animals are ill-trained and cowardly bullies. Bloody fools.

8 Likes

Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by ISBLIAC(m): 3:03pm On Apr 20, 2013
tyadams: Your opinion is the worst i have ever read this year, have you ever thought of how motorist misbehave on road at times? All because they fill they can do whatever they like as nobody is there to checkmate them.
All you can say is to wish Soldiers waterloo with the Boko haram guys, you blinking shit! Honestly i wish i can jam ur silly type on a checkpoint, and u just do ur village thing to any soldier who laid down his all to secure you. Then you will prefer a truck to hit you than the treatment you will be given.
PS: there is no, i mean NO punishment a soldier issue a civillian that he has not gone through, even myself. And i did not die.
So,you're in the military sir
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by Ogadtop(m): 3:40pm On Apr 20, 2013
ArQueBusieR: Only clueless people jump to conclusions about the Nigerian military. I once had a row with special forces operatives at one divisional HQ. We settled our differences amicably even though I had mistakenly caused a serious security breach. Many of these guys are humane.
you have just narated ur own story.the one you came acros may be nice at that time doesnt make him reasonable always.majority of them are animals in khaki.dem show u picture u still believe what the military man did is right.why should he be the judge? Jungle justice doesnt and shouldnt apply in democracy.if the civilian is wrong,the soja man is not trained in law.he should hand him over to the police.everyone has right to fair hearing.he should be charged to court.only a judge has legal right to pass judgement and not a khaki man. I stand to be corrected.
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by toshmann(m): 3:56pm On Apr 20, 2013
Oga-@-d-top:

you have just narated ur own story.the one you came acros may be nice at that time doesnt make him reasonable always.majority of them are animals in khaki.dem show u picture u still believe what the military man did is right.why should he be the judge? Jungle justice doesnt and shouldnt apply in democracy.if the civilian is wrong,the soja man is not trained in law.he should hand him over to the police.everyone has right to fair hearing.he should be charged to court.only a judge has legal right to pass judgement and not a khaki man. I stand to be corrected.

Anything you say about the Nigerian soldier you may want to extrapolate to the Nigerian citizens. The soldiers are Nigerians, they reflect our mentality. When they are poorly trained you get poorly trained nigerian soldiers, same way you have poorly trained Nigerian nurses, poorly trained Nigerian doctors, poorly trained Nigerian teachers, poorly trained Nigerian police etc

When you guys single out soldiers or police to blame, I laugh in Zulu, bc you don't realize that the soldiers are Nigerians and are like us all.

20yrs go we blamed the soldiers for destroying our government, ok today how far now grin

It's a Nigerian problem not a soldier's problem

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by hariorh: 4:13pm On Apr 20, 2013
Zhozadaemon: i hope you are not making this up......cos its so freaking ridiculous

This is the pix. I think someone opened a thread for it. The Bowen University punishment saga for getting to church late

Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by redsun(m): 4:18pm On Apr 20, 2013
hariorh: Everybody sha wants to exercise their power. Just the other day, officials of Bowen university punished undergraduates for coming late to church...

angry

Punished undergraduates? Are they kindergarten pupils? That is why nigeria breed irresponsible and educated zombies. Because even university students are abused by their suppose mentors who are themselves,deformed. They never give them rooms to be responsible and cognitive adults that can think for themselves.
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by drjekoyemi: 7:43am On Apr 21, 2013
i know nigeria will be great, it starts with you and i.
need to send bulksms @ the cheapest price? http://www.pyramidsms.com is the place to be-fastest delivery, 24/7 customer support, customizable sender id
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by Berryman: 1:46pm On Apr 21, 2013
Goodness gracious! Is it 1950 already?!? What could av bn done 2 deserve such treatment? Quite barbaric and uncivilized 'soldiers'
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by Ochek: 3:57pm On Apr 21, 2013
andrewza: Any body trying to defend the acstions of these disgraces in uniform is a fool.

Solders are not the court of law, they not judge dredd and have no right to find some one guilty and then punish them. If the man broke the law arrest/detian him and let the justise sytem run it's course.

This act and the many others mentioned point out a number of problems in the nigerian defense force.

:Poor or no disspline
:Poor or no control by officers or wores they support from officers for this
:poor training
:no self control

If these are ment to be your protectors o pray you never have a need of protecstion.

In carrying out my duty in SA if I speak with dissrespect to a civlian I would be in troubil and may be the one doing frog jumps if I made a civlian do frog jumps they would kick me out in to prisson. If a officer did it they would drum him out. A proces where the cut your uniform of you have the entire base turn there back on you and march you out(to drum beats) probaly in to a prisson over haule for doing this.

I doubt there would be any invistegastion done in to this. In most proper miltaries even useing justerfiabil non leathel force will result in a invistegastion to see if any thing ileage was done.

Who are you again?
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by Ochek: 4:05pm On Apr 21, 2013
pro01:

You are a BASTARD, and so is every other slimy maggot that calls himself a soldier in this useless country. Is it your responsibility to punish erring motorists? Is that why you joined the Army? Do you not have terms of reference and rules of engagement? The fact that you are issued rifles (paid for by Nigerian tax payers) does not in itself confer on you the arbitrary power to be the judge, jury and executioner in any purely civil matter that catches your fancy.

To be honest, I wish some of you soldiers would leave your rifles (and not resort to your cowardly habit of calling for back up from your fellow bastards in uniform), and come and fight man-to-man. I am certain that I would give you the beating of your miserable life if we were to engage in a bare-knuckled man-to-man fight. Most of you animals are ill-trained and cowardly bullies. Bloody fools.

You reason like a kid. Must you insult someone else? By the way, go ask your government why this guys are on our streets rather than the barracks. This is how them where trained. Brutal training not civilian training. You want civil treatment? Ask ur presidency to employ and equip the NPF. Most importantly, ACT CIVIL

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by toshmann(m): 5:40pm On Apr 21, 2013
Ochek:

You reason like a kid. Must you insult someone else? By the way, go ask your government why this guys are on our streets rather than the barracks. This is how them where trained. Brutal training not civilian training. You want civil treatment? Ask ur presidency to employ and equip the NPF. Most importantly, ACT CIVIL
Thank you jare.
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by dulphines: 10:13am On Apr 22, 2013

Did you just comment? I will communicate with you better after you must have polished your grammer. "...All because they fill they can do whatever they like..." You'll definitely score zero if i am to review your writing. Anu nkita!
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by dulphines: 10:22am On Apr 22, 2013
pro01:

Thank you so much for your comment. I didn't know where to begin with this animal in uniform and neither do i want to conclude that the entire military men are uncivilized. This kind of thinking and character may be attributed to the rank and files (other ranks) in the military. Tyadams may be suffering from what i will term psycho-spiritual syndrome and needs to be quarantined.
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by dulphines: 10:48am On Apr 22, 2013
Ochek:

Your comment does not make sense. Read it again!
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by Berryman: 8:41pm On Apr 23, 2013
pro01:

Minus d hurtful words (i understand ur passion), i agree wit u 101%. How can one take sides wit dese immoral men in uniform. U see d 'weak' and u go ahead and oppress them. Haven't dey heard dat wit great power comes great responsibily? Thats one of d ethics and values dat should guide their behaviour. We av a societal problem at our hands and d way its generally being treated reminds me of one asha's song dat 'there's fire on d mountain and nobody seems 2be on d run'. The nigerian society has largely failed our generation.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by MahatmaGhandi: 9:54pm On Apr 23, 2013
egoldman:

another idiat , soldiers are not the ones to dispense the law , the soldier is wrong, if the guy drove against traffic, he would deserve what the law would do to him and not what these animals in human skins would do to him ,haba have we lost all sense of civility and oderliness in this country that even civilians support military operession ?

read very well before you insult people
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by tosynbaba(m): 11:11pm On Apr 23, 2013
Y's everi 1 so full of hate for d Nigerian Army? Sojo no de punish unjustly o. D trut is most of dose makin dese comments lack sense of discipline and dat is always show-cased every day on our roads...senseless driving and all.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by tosynbaba(m): 11:19pm On Apr 23, 2013
Fool. Drive against a military convoy and c hu will squeal lyk a dyin goat.
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by egoldman(m): 8:28am On Apr 27, 2013
tosynbaba: Y's everi 1 so full of hate for d Nigerian Army? Sojo no de punish unjustly o. D trut is most of dose makin dese comments lack sense of discipline and dat is always show-cased every day on our roads...senseless driving and all.
Are you on crack or what ? the issue is not weather offence is committed or not , but who's duty is it to met out judgement, the soldier or the court ?
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 27, 2013
dulphines:

Thank you so much for your comment. I didn't know where to begin with this animal in uniform and neither do i want to conclude that the entire military men are uncivilized. This kind of thinking and character may be attributed to the rank and files (other ranks) in the military. Tyadams may be suffering from what i will term psycho-spiritual syndrome and needs to be quarantined.
First of all I hope you people understand soldiers are not policemen. They are trained for war and they can not stand indiplin. Those pictures only show a soldier who was called upon to d the job of the police. The soldier is not trained for that job, so he punishes civilians the same way he punishes soldiers, hence the frog jump. I think the real question is: why is the Nigerian police so useless that we often have to call upon soldiers to do the job of the police ?
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 27, 2013
egoldman:
Are you on crack or what ? the issue is not weather offence is committed or not , but who's duty is it to met out judgement, the soldier or the court ?
A soldier is not a policeman, so why don't we just stop calling them to do police job ?
What you see is how soldiers work. In the barracks they punish soldiers just like that. So when you call them on internal duty they punish people going beyond the law the same way. You should be rather gratefull that the soldiers are trying to bring back disciplin and order into the society.
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 27, 2013
tosynbaba: Fool. Drive against a military convoy and c hu will squeal lyk a dyin goat.
If you try doing that against the US army then you would get shot.
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 27, 2013
pro01: Just ridiculous. Nigeria is a pathetic society. Things are so bad that some fools (who I assume would claim to be 'educated') support the illegality perpetrated by these detestable zombies in uniform.

In civilised societies, an unarmed civilian might even slap a soldier, and the soldier's response would be to file assault charges against the civilian. This is in spite of the FACT that the average, for instance, American soldier is 100 times better trained, stronger and more intelligent than the average thug in the uniform of the Nigerian armed forces. Yet, they are epitomes of self-control, discipline, and utmost restraint and professionalism. They NEVER react to trifles, let alone unarmed provocation by harmless civilians. That is how true professionals in any country's armed forces should behave. They have the privilege of superior training and weapons than the civilian populace, and they are not expected to abuse that privilege.

A lot is wrong with this country, we are in deep shit.
Man, you must be crazy. I live in France, if you slap a soldier then you will get beaten and possibly shot, and then you will be arrested. First of all the average US soldier is less trained, less strong and less educated than the average Nigerian soldier.
The average US soldier is a teenager who joined the armed forces for only five years in order to get money for his studies or to get american nationality. the only thing is that they are one million of them and they have the best weapons on earth. And oneother thing: US soldiers almost never get called on internal dutie, because the US police is a good one. That is why US soldiers don't punish civilians. You should try and see what they do when they meet civilians in Iraq or Afghanistan or the time they were called to do police job in New orleans. They were shooting civilians at sight. So your comment is stupid.
Look at how the US soldiers treat civilians in Iraq: they blow them up to peaces with bullets as big as a basket ball:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0
Look at an other example of the US taking care of civilians in Iraq:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COKFApOp-Go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ_Vxoyu8zY
There is also an other misconception in what you wrote, you see soldiers do not file reports, you are confusing them with policemen, and in the US, just like in England and in France, if you slap a policeman, then you will get beaten by ten policemen on your way to prison, you might even die on your way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIGIcg27-0g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-0Aj3zBHF8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TPucQHtHZs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpjFsmTDWuQ
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 27, 2013
You people here should start apreciating the Nigerian army. The army is the only group of Nigérians protecting you from alqaida's boko haram. And the army is the only thing stopping chaos from reigning, the army is the only thing that Nigeria accomplished well. You people insulting the army are a disgrace to all Nigérians.
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by eligibility: 6:46am On Feb 10, 2015
naijaobi:
That guy must have done something wrong for him to be purnished...probably driving wrecklessly or didnt stop wen he was asked to... A soldier cannot just purnish you unjustly...
Ekene kwa m unu

They punish anyhow, imagine how a soldier beat deaf and dump boy in Badagry .They are so heartless indeed .
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:37pm On Feb 20, 2015
eligibility:

They punish anyhow, imagine how a soldier beat deaf and dump boy in Badagry .They are so heartless indeed .
Well the soldiers are saving us from being beheaded by terrorists, how "heartless" is that ? The soldiers are giving their lives so that we can sleep at night and wake up the next day, how "heartless" is that.
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by sammybhaws(m): 1:52pm On Mar 01, 2015
This one na small naaa...come to aba u go see wer a male civilian is Sucking a female civilian breasts just because of "indecent dressing"
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by LordCY(m): 9:43am On Jul 22, 2015
Nigerians ........
Firstly ... I know soldiers can be very brutal and it is a thing of sorrow when you meet with them on account of you breaking a law
Secondly .... Those of us criticizing their actions ...please ask your government what the soldiers are doing on the road .... you forget that soldiers are trained to be brutal ... not to file charges ....
Those saying the US and France army are better trained ... bro don't be deceived by the films you watch ... besides those are advanced countries and have better weapons ..the Nigerian military are trying ... if they are not on the roads we would hear less of all this punishment on civilians ....
Again have you ever heard or seen a soldier punish a civilian for no just cause?
I saw some one comment saying if a person breaks a law he should be detained and handed over to the court ..my brother shey no be nigeria we dey ... if he pass 30k or more give the police or Law officials ..dem no go forget the case? Please lets call a spade ..a spade ..the military are trying ..even tho they have their flaws ..but they are trying ... I have had encounter with them ...And from what I have seen they are good ....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said / Osinbajo And President Macron Of France At G7 Summit (Photo) / Agege-Pen Cinema Bridge Commissioned By Sanwo-Olu And Tinubu (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.