Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,615 members, 7,816,525 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) (46335 Views)

Trending: Video Of Soldiers Punishing Some "Amnesty Beneficiaries" / Soldiers Treat A Civilian Like An Animal In Nasarawa State (Photo) / Evidence Of Election Rigging In Akwa Ibom Presented To The Public (PICTURES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 19, 2013
The other day when I called the Nigerian Army a useless illiterate Army
some slowpoke reply by calling me names. Nigerians are used to oppression.
I have encountered American service men perfect gentlemen.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by kelvino13(m): 11:12pm On Apr 19, 2013
the mumu way him dey punish no dey hear something
good for you
this is what we will do to (Boko Haram)
when we jam (at civil war2013)

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by adeleyeA10(m): 11:22pm On Apr 19, 2013
Gombs: I wished they caught you snapping pics...dem for facebook you eh??
bros that pics wey you take naa sucide mission, pls always watch your back.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by ghostofsparta(m): 11:51pm On Apr 19, 2013
egoldman: Real soldiers dey mali , afghanistan and syria they fight as soldiers , this one dey form local champion with civilians he is being paid with their money to protect , animals in human skins angry angry angry

He (the soldier in the pic) shouldn't be singled out as the only forming what you call local champion. It is a norm in the forceful amalgamation called Nigeria to witness militaristic atrocities such as this which is nothing when compared to those I have seen. About 5years ago in one afternoon, I among other passengers in a commercial 'danfo' bus that slowed down to drop and carry other awaiting commuters were overwhelmed with shock to have seen Nigerian soldiers seeing to the proper completion of about 4 to 6 males who seem to have been ordered to roll down the busy express road, it is precisely that busy road were commuters tend to board buses bound for Ketu/Ojota/Mile12. And to my surprise, I was stunned to hear one of the new passengers who just entered to justify the soldiers' use of excessive force on those danfo drivers immediately an elderly man in the bus said in Yoruba that those are able men, husbands and fathers forced to risk their lives to serve as punishment, he further said in Yoruba that no matter what they had done, they don't deserved to treated as such.

Onim's:
Don't mind the idiots...some yrs back,was strolling with my younger bro,we just saw dem approach us on a bike,two of them like dat,dat my brother should pull his shorts say na camouflage he wear.they didn't even wanna know if he's wearing anything under,I got so scared,cos they were prepared to take him to their base,if he hadn't comply.I just saw my bro,pull his short give them.but tnk God say na Behind boy e be...u know na

I have seen, I have heard several acts about Nigerian soldiers who have harassed, beaten and hauled 'bloody civilians' as they actually view the citizens, who are spotted with non-millitary issue combat/camouflage wears and merchandises. I have personally witnessed 2 ladies who were advert/marketing starcomms phone in the public at Ikeja getting severely rebuked for putting on bumper skirts with military patterns. A sane person would feel sympathy for the two poor girls when you see how frightened and transfixed they became.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:02am On Apr 20, 2013
Gorrbachev: If everyone was armed, this kind of nonsense would not happen. i get AK, you get AK then we talk.
True talk, thats why I cant stand Barrack Obama and his attempt to disarm the American public
of their constitutional rights to bear and carry arms, a armed society is a polite society.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by kabba7(m): 12:08am On Apr 20, 2013
Mad dogs
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by ekiyor3: 12:16am On Apr 20, 2013
ok, we don hear u.
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by Flygeriansteve: 1:15am On Apr 20, 2013
The sense behind soldiers parading themselves menacingly on cities and civilian areas, that sense I'm yet to find. The duty of the army is the protection of the territorial integrity of the state NOT the maintenance of law and order. That job belongs to the police, nscdc and other law enforcement agents. What concerns a soldier with a traffic offence? Soldiers should either stay in the barracks or those porous borders where insurgents and terrorist stroll across like kitchen to living room. Unfortunately this is Nigeria and I can't pretend anything works here the ideal way. What is particularly disturbing is that some ppl rationalise this behavior and call it discipline or what else...Reminds me how university graduates will sometimes be slapped or savagely punished for being 'rude' to a soldier all in the name of NYSC. Isn't it expected of sb who has received military training to show restrain and know that a civilian is no physical match for him??
I have no love for this uniformed zombies who turn brutalise and 'discipline' those they took oath to protect...
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by AreaFada2: 3:36am On Apr 20, 2013
Zombie levels.
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by kalunomics(m): 5:14am On Apr 20, 2013
GoodSamaritan:

Shut up there! Soldiers are not Nigeria Police Force. They can't be that stupid to shoot him and lie that he is a BH member. Only NPF can do that
will you shut the fvck up? I've witnessed a soldier shoot and kill my brother's best friend in cold blood just because he had a misunderstanding with the soldier's LovePeddler in a brothel

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by juman(m): 5:23am On Apr 20, 2013
One nigeria is the problem.
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by Audukaya: 6:27am On Apr 20, 2013
he should have told them that he is a nigerian not a frog.
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by Krisgift(f): 7:31am On Apr 20, 2013
naijaobi: That guy must have done something wrong for him to be purnished...probably driving wrecklessly or didnt stop wen he was asked to... A soldier cannot just purnish you unjustly...
Ekene kwa m unu
Mouth piece of soilders.onu n'ekwuru ndi soja,e kene kwam gi.
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by egoldman(m): 7:59am On Apr 20, 2013
Ochek: I strongly agree with una wey say it's wrong but come to think of it, we get many bad guys around and if this kaki boys no strong face and treatment, boys will continue to the do anyhow anyhow. For instance, no matter how many road signs them put for we road, e.g, one way, ppl go still one pass am. Stop for traffic nko? No way! Some still won have them way against the traffic. You jam hold up, what stops you from falling into to line? You won "shunt". Sometimes i really wish i was a uniform man to show them some lessons.
So soldiers should start doing traffic work abi ? i dont know weather no cause they cause us for this country angry angry why cant people just accept the fact that something is wrong without bending corners like " the guy must have done something bad " so if you do something bad , would you prefer soldiers to deal with you or let civilian law take its course ?
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by naijaobi(m): 8:12am On Apr 20, 2013
Krisgift: Mouth piece of soilders.onu n'ekwuru ndi soja,e kene kwam gi.
lol.. Nnem, O na adi mma ikwu eziokwu...
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by egoldman(m): 8:13am On Apr 20, 2013
dowjones: i can assure you that guy must have done something really stupid to warrant the soldier's agression.
Nigerians are one of the most inconsiderate people in the world who need the occasional iron fist to put them in check.

hopeless full angry angry
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by Btruth: 8:14am On Apr 20, 2013
Imagine this happening in the United Kingdom! It will be a breaking news around the world. That is why we are still classified as a developing country. Long way to go Niger........lol
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by egoldman(m): 8:16am On Apr 20, 2013
nony30: Did the Soldiers just stop d guy τ̲̅ȍ punish him for •̸№ reasonObviously the sticker on his vehicle shows he is a bus driver.And knowing fully well ‎​dat bus drivers are stupid drivers,I think he deserves what he got.And as for MOD wey put this on front page,Na ‎u cos am with ur loow level of IQgringringrin

ode angry angry
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by egoldman(m): 8:22am On Apr 20, 2013
Mahatma Ghandi: I saw one white suv on the other side of the road if you look at the second picture, to park an suv on that side of the road where a soldier is on duty is odd, so i suspect the guy being punished is the owner of the car and was probably dragged down when he drove against traffic,the angle from where the picture was taken shows the driver of that bus was also trying to beat the traffic also and was behind the suv, the quickly diverted to his lane when he saw the fate of the driver in front of him, the third picture clearly proves my postulation, if my postulation is right, then he got what he deserves but also the soldiers are wrong because such persons are supposed to appear in a local court and fined, so the soldier is wrong. is that abuse of privilege ? Yes it is, am I happy the guy was treated that way? Yes if he is the owner of the suv.

another idiat , soldiers are not the ones to dispense the law , the soldier is wrong, if the guy drove against traffic, he would deserve what the law would do to him and not what these animals in human skins would do to him ,haba have we lost all sense of civility and oderliness in this country that even civilians support military operession ?

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by engrval47: 8:26am On Apr 20, 2013
soldiers are train citizen to correct any miss did of all raw civilian aftermath failure by the police.soldiers are very friendly but dont compromise while on duty.if you and i have not compromised the issue of Buhari wouldnt has escalated to this.the hard way is the only way,no price no pain.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by amiskurie(m): 8:42am On Apr 20, 2013
The System of Democracy suits a discipline nation,bt the system of the military is best for a beastly nation like mine till we get it right. undecided
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by egoldman(m): 8:43am On Apr 20, 2013
I live in mumbai India and in my ten years , i have never seen a soldier argue with a civilian though you see them on the streets sometimes , they have nothing to do with who keep traffic rules as its not their duties, they don't go with siren and if their is traffic hold up, they would wait for their turn just like everyone, they pay their bus fare just like everyone except if its government bus and they are called third world country like us , the reverse is the case in Nigeria and the painful part of it is that some of those civilians this bastards we call soldiers treat as " bloody civilians " are defending them here on nairaland.
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by Tundenoni(m): 8:44am On Apr 20, 2013
hw wish they saw when u were snappin dis pix
by now u for don hate camera fone die
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by Smayee: 8:50am On Apr 20, 2013
The major problem in nigeria is ignorance or deligence of responsibity soldiers one responsibity is to protect the con3 against external aggression they are not suppose to interfere with domestic issues they are to stay in baracks not mixing wit civilians..further they were cald up to help check the issue of insecurity but to my observation even civilians or the public does beta than them...
I beg they shuld go bak o
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by hariorh: 8:54am On Apr 20, 2013
Tundenoni: hw wish they saw when u were snappin dis pix
by now u for don hate camera fone die

I know say u nor like me!!!

grin
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by livethinme: 8:55am On Apr 20, 2013
femmyb:
True talk, thats why I cant stand Barrack Obama and his attempt to disarm the American public
of their constitutional rights to bear and carry arms, a armed society is a polite society.

Obama is not attempting to disarm the American public. Watching too much fox news abi?

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by hariorh: 8:57am On Apr 20, 2013
How can we get this pix to the tabloids? I for like make every newspaper for naija put am for their front page.

So Nigerians will see that they are really hopeless in this country!
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by Dare2007: 9:26am On Apr 20, 2013
Can u imagine,a man 4 d@ mata.Ds has a pyschological effect(low self esteem),u ll neva c ds in advanced countries.It jus shows d mentality of our security agencies,dos who supposedly train n recruit dem.God deliver our nation 4rm d grip of d devil.
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by achu442(m): 9:54am On Apr 20, 2013
Will a US soldier do this?after u say u want to be like US.
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by andrewza: 10:28am On Apr 20, 2013
Any body trying to defend the acstions of these disgraces in uniform is a fool.

Solders are not the court of law, they not judge dredd and have no right to find some one guilty and then punish them. If the man broke the law arrest/detian him and let the justise sytem run it's course.

This act and the many others mentioned point out a number of problems in the nigerian defense force.

:Poor or no disspline
:Poor or no control by officers or wores they support from officers for this
:poor training
:no self control

If these are ment to be your protectors o pray you never have a need of protecstion.

In carrying out my duty in SA if I speak with dissrespect to a civlian I would be in troubil and may be the one doing frog jumps if I made a civlian do frog jumps they would kick me out in to prisson. If a officer did it they would drum him out. A proces where the cut your uniform of you have the entire base turn there back on you and march you out(to drum beats) probaly in to a prisson over haule for doing this.

I doubt there would be any invistegastion done in to this. In most proper miltaries even useing justerfiabil non leathel force will result in a invistegastion to see if any thing ileage was done.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by Zhozadaemon(m): 11:06am On Apr 20, 2013
hariorh: Everybody sha wants to exercise their power. Just the other day, officials of Bowen university punished undergraduates for coming late to church...

angry
i hope you are not making this up......cos its so freaking ridiculous
Re: Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) by Chrichigo(m): 1:23pm On Apr 20, 2013
No be smal tin oooo....d men don't take chat..no one question dea authority....dis is why I love dis militry of a tin.....wen ur dea no indimidation of wat so ever...God pls giv me NDA....pls fada[color=#990000][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections / Sanwo-Olu Rejects ₦5M Compensation To Uber Driver Tortured / The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.