Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. (25442 Views)

My Wife Has Taken My April Fool's Joke All Wrong...please Help!! / My Wife Has Been Poisoning My Meals Since 2008, Husband Tells Court / 11-years Without A Child Only To Find Out My Wife Has Been Aborting Our Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Elai147: 11:16pm On Apr 20, 2013
The courtship you had was not enough at all. Marriage is not something we should rush into as it involves a lifetime contract. The truth is your wife did not change. She is only unleashing the long concealed characters. A woman can pretend and hide her true self for more than 2 years just to get married and afterwards she will start exposing herself willingly. You should have lived in a relationship like a marriage where you both have to stay together under the same roof for sometime during courtship. I dated my wife for 6 years before we got married. It is the 7th year of our marriage and she has NEVER insulted me even during our courtship but of course we do have arguments sometimes which is normal.

There are so many things that can result to problems like the one you are having. But how do you point out which? The problem may be from you and she may be ashamed of saying it out or afraid of telling you. For example, a woman can be ashamed of saying that she is no longer comfortable with the size of your penis because of bad influence. She may also be ashamed of telling you that you no longer satisfy her well in bed. It may also be possible she is cheating on you as this is very common with women whose husbands are always away and don't spend enough time with their wives like in your own case. There are just too many reasons why a woman will act that way but it will be difficult for you to tell which is the main reason without going through hell.

You can try talking to her like some Nairalanders have suggested which isn't a bad idea but my advice is for you to spy on her to know what is actually going on. You can install a spyware on her phone and monitor her phone activities. I tell you what, in a month, you will be able to find out the problems and make amends where necessary. I know this may sound weird to some people but if you need to find out the truth fast before you loose your marriage then you should consider doing it. It has come to that point where you should consider going to any length to save your marriage, except if you are also fed up with it. With a phone spyware, you can listen in to all her recorded calls, and read her text messages even when she deletes them from her phone. Also, you can monitor her Whatsapp chat log and others. However, in the western world, it is completely illegal to do this without telling her, so be careful.

If you find out that she is seeing someone else then I do not need to tell you what to do. The onus is on you to decide what you want. Anyway, sorry for what you are going true. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by biolabee(m): 11:16pm On Apr 20, 2013
onegig: this coming from a lady? And your words are so contradictory

she may be extreme in her conclusion but i see no contradiction...

this method has its merits

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by SELFWORTH: 11:32pm On Apr 20, 2013
Okon.akpan:

I think her mother is brain behind all this cos it got out of hand when she came.

This statement is worrying.

You assume your mother in law is telling her what to do without any shred of evidence . You are basing your opinion on your perception that your wife acted differently whilst her mother was around. This makes me think that your mind is working overtime and your imagination has gone wild.

All these ungodly thoughts are enough to set the marriage on its course to destruction.

As a man, you need wisdom to lead your home . Without it, even if you marry a Saint, the marriage will not last.

In marriage you need wisdom, understanding, patience and forgiveness. All you need to sustain your marriage is in you.

No one taught you how to woo her. Am not sure what you expect to learn from a public forum like NL full of all sorts. Judging by all the comments on here, most of them lack basic wisdom. (Never judge on a one sided story )
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 20, 2013
Na wa oh.... behavioural disorder and loneliness jammed together , the woman needs series of therapy sessions ( herself only) and marriage counselling ( couple) and serious prayers..... But would they ? after all only stack mad people have mental illness & see therapists , mtcheww.

It's easy for most dumb Nigerians to condemn people not knowing the other side of the story, it takes two to tango I heard.... Lets assume she hid her true colours throughout the short term courtship, what's stopping the guy from divorcing her abi dem hold gun to his head to stay married to her? Abeg leave matter for Mathias ,

My take;
Mr. OP , you're hardly home, your wife is a lonely mess, she will not seize from nagging till kingdom come i.e until you work with her ( counselling and one on one time) and your schedule( if possible).

And would you please stop saying 'she likes to have her way' ? you bet your a.ss it's her way, it's her home and she rules it. angry
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by SELFWORTH: 11:52pm On Apr 20, 2013
Elai147: The courtship you had was not enough at all. Marriage is not something we should rush into as it involves a lifetime contract. The truth is your wife did not change. She is only unleashing the long concealed characters. A woman can pretend and hide her true self for more than 2 years just to get married and afterwards she will start exposing herself willingly. You should have lived in a relationship like a marriage where you both have to stay together under the same roof for sometime during courtship. I dated my wife for 6 years before we got married. It is the 7th year of our marriage and she has NEVER insulted me even during our courtship but of course we do have arguments sometimes which is normal.

There are so many things that can result to problems like the one you are having. But how do you point out which? The problem may be from you and she may be ashamed of saying it out or afraid of telling you. For example, a woman can be ashamed of saying that she is no longer comfortable with the size of your penis because of bad influence. She may also be ashamed of telling you that you no longer satisfy her well in bed. It may also be possible she is cheating on you as this is very common with women whose husbands are always away and don't spend enough time with their wives like in your own case. There are just too many reasons why a woman will act that way but it will be difficult for you to tell which is the main reason without going through hell.

You can try talking to her like some Nairalanders have suggested which isn't a bad idea but my advice is for you to spy on her to know what is actually going on. You can install a spyware on her phone and monitor her phone activities. I tell you what, in a month, you will be able to find out the problems and make amends where necessary. I know this may sound weird to some people but if you need to find out the truth fast before you loose your marriage then you should consider doing it. It has come to that point where you should consider going to any length to save your marriage, except if you are also fed up with it. With a phone spyware, you can listen in to all her recorded calls, and read her text messages even when she deletes them from her phone. Also, you can monitor her Whatsapp chat log and others. However, in the western world, it is completely illegal to do this without telling her, so be careful.

If you find out that she is seeing someone else then I do not need to tell you what to do. The onus is on you to decide what you want. Anyway, sorry for what you are going true. Good luck.

Unbelievable advice. This is like red rag to the bull.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by COOLDUN: 12:14am On Apr 21, 2013
iamswizz: I SUGGEST YOU GET A SECOND WIFE undecided

The WORST advice so far POLYGAMY is a bad as death, instead of that you better continue with her, after all you too signed the For better or for worst marriage vows/agreement at the alter. Bear with her for now, she might change later, unless there a man somewhere who is digging the grave for her.

Our people used to say that , a bird that dances boldly on the road, the orchestra that plays the drums for it is in the bush. By the time the fellow destroys her now, she will come to her senses by then it might ne too late for her.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by ocelot2006(m): 12:30am On Apr 21, 2013
Okon.akpan:
She threatened divorce not long ago. I think she is fed up with our marriage cos she is not having her way as she wants. There is always quarrel whenever things are not done her way cos she want to be in control.

Hold on, lemme get this straight...you want the op to hand over his position as the head of the house to his nagging wife? Haba! Do that and he'll lose the respect of his wife. I'm all for him having a heart-2-heart talk with his wife in order to identify the underlying causes of their marital issues, and resolve them peacefully. But he is the man of the house, and must assert his control over his household, not the other way round.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by ocelot2006(m): 12:35am On Apr 21, 2013
This is why I prefer courtships longer than 1 year as one gets to see his/her partner's true character. The veil of pretense can't hold up that long.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Vincent41(m): 12:36am On Apr 21, 2013
Doncolio: Take a deep breath, then follow this few steps.
Take time off work, then prepare a vacation of two(2) days exclusive for you and her. Make sure the place is a place she wuld have loved to be. Take along with you things that could bring back the memories of the past when you were courting or when the marriage was sweet. After the fun of the day, try open a table for discussion and speak ur mind. Try understand if are response are selfish meaning she doesn't care about you- meaning the marriage has hit d rock(then inform her to go have a rethink of ur marriage) or concerened and scared she might loose you,then u'll have to reassure her. But u know her best so act accordingly and man up. Also have at the back of ur mind that women like to have their way and can be capable of even what you don't know.

#WishUluck

nice 1 man...u are indeed a councilor
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by ocelot2006(m): 12:37am On Apr 21, 2013
jidegirl12: Na wa oh.... behavioural disorder and loneliness jammed together , the woman needs series of therapy sessions ( herself only) and marriage counselling ( couple) and serious prayers..... But would they ? after all only stack mad people have mental illness & see therapists , mtcheww.

It's easy for most dumb Nigerians to condemn people not knowing the other side of the story, it takes two to tango I heard.... Lets assume she hid her true colours throughout the short term courtship, what's stopping the guy from divorcing her abi dem hold gun to his head to stay married to her? Abeg leave matter for Mathias ,

My take;
Mr. OP , you're hardly home, your wife is a lonely mess, she will not seize from nagging till kingdom come i.e until you work with her ( counselling and one on one time) and your schedule( if possible).

And would you please stop saying 'she likes to have her way' ? you bet your a.ss it's her way, it's her home and she rules it. angry

Point of correction- it is THEIR HOME, but HIS HOUSE, not hers.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by BILLIONs1: 1:04am On Apr 21, 2013
@OP

Sorry to hear these challenges,u seem like the quiet type. A number of issues could be the problem, and your long periods away from home is a contributing factor. In my opinion

- Someone else maybe bleeping your wife in your absence, Its common with wives of guys working off-shore, at least I know of about 4 cases personally. Some of the traits displayed when this happens is she would generally be irritated and unsatisfied with anything you do

- She could have been pretending during your courtship and you are now seeing/experiencing the real her.

- She maybe bored. I don't know if she works, but boredom could contribute to what you are experiencing. You could try actively engaging her, in a business, education or other activities that will take her mind away from your absence

- Finally, If you exhaust all options and symptoms still persist, sometimes its best to read the handwriting on the wall and exit the marriage while you are in one piece,cut your losses and start life again. Life is too short

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by mikeokiro: 2:53am On Apr 21, 2013
NLG_woodey: Divorce her and move on!
R. Kelly' song..."when a woman is fed up; there is nothing you can do about it"

People will advise you to manage this, manage that. But all those men/women
killed by their respective spouses were told the same until the inevitable
happens. The trend shows that this woman may end up poisoning you if push comes
to shove.

Just divorce her a#s and get on with your life. Then figure out the best way to
take care of your kid.

As a swing trader, we call it STOP LOSS. It is not going to get any better. Don't be
like a typical Nigerian that keeps hoping/praying that things will get better. And
they never get better. Be a man and be decisive.

Oh...I forgot...datz all.

yes , is like u knew wat I wanted to say , I think the OP is just nothing but a very weak man, you can see the weakness all around him , I cant advise u to divorce your wife straight away, wat I would advise is dont call her again till u come back, try to be the man for once instead of behaving like a child, how could u be calling , calling and calling with her making u look more of a stupid man and I bet she could be laughing or making mockery of u while u keep stressing urself with calls and endangering ur work, I would advise u not to call her again until u come back , when u come show her that u are the man and send her out of ur house, show her that u are tired of the marriage aswell , after doing this , dont call her or allow her back to ur house no matter wat she or her family plead u, this time forget about luv ooo and do things right like a man, she would come back to her senses and give u ur due respct. if not move on with ur life and get urself new wife,

women don't like weak men though they prefer weak men who could be washing their ondez at will but believe me once u show her u are very much prepared to throw her out of ur way she would change

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by laytoshtwo: 5:11am On Apr 21, 2013
You did not mention anything you re doing wrong,sit her down and ask questions.It seems you are acting Mr perfect.
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by laytoshtwo: 5:14am On Apr 21, 2013
laytoshtwo: You did not mention anything you re doing wrong,sit her down and ask questions.It seems you are acting Mr perfect.
. No woman change suddenly,you have failed to observe your own weakness but her own.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by mutter(f): 5:51am On Apr 21, 2013
onegig lack of respect has not only ruined marriages but also made many marriages aggressive and violent arenas. Especially as a lady I would hate for myself and especially for my kids to be subjected to such an abusive environment. Such an ill tempered woman also gets her stuff back if not from husband then from siblings and others she is attacking. So one is exposed to not just her actions but also reactions from her actions.
What kind of home is that and how should any lady encourage such ill tempered and ill mannered behavior.
I do not think the man does not have his faults but then that is not the way to go about it and would a woman be attacking the whole world because she is not satisfied in her marriage?
Besides in this modern age children have to be groomed from home - team work, social competence etc are key words gaining emphasis and these are not qualities a woman of such nature can teach her kids.
Children have a fundamental right to grow up in a peaceful environment even if their parents have issues among-st themselves.
Unfortunately some have grown up in such homes and have learnt such behavior from our homes and they need to be corrected.
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Winneygirl(f): 6:35am On Apr 21, 2013
Toks2008: OP forget story, she needs you by her side. Simple

She probably taught she could cope with your long absence due to your work so maybe you should find time to see her every weekend at least. Women need attention and they get hysterical if not giving to them.
:
My thoughts exactly.
Not everything is complicated.
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by troy20(m): 7:55am On Apr 21, 2013
u hav 2 wrk 2 earn a living 4 ur family.a good woman undastands d sacrificies invovld.try communicating with love jst like d advices here bt above all never u compromise ur position as a man.alota women hav terribly poor self esteem. D societies perception of women n alota flawd upringings has contributd 2.a woman weda a friend or a wife eagarly picks out ur weakness.u just hav no idea the crave 4 power 2 feel up dt huge insecurities de carry about.marriage is always d best opportunity 4 dem FINALLY 2 get dt power.n some men jst stupidily lose it 2 dem.tinkn its love.ur wife is one of dem many women with bagages.NEVER U COMPROMISE IF U WANT 2 LIVE LONG.IF D EFFORTS ARNT WORKING, DISCHARGE HER ASAP.U HAVE A SON ALREADY.ITS NT A MUST U HAV 2 MARRY AGAIN.U CAN LIVE HAPPY WIT UR BOI.IF ITS PUNNY, U CAN HAV VARIATIES.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by adconline(m): 8:02am On Apr 21, 2013
na U go tire:
I am sorry about your situation. Put it in prayer. By the way, I must correct your english. It is 'things become worster' and not 'things became worst' as you write. I dont know what our schools are making these day. Standard of education is now too poor. Terrible.
My friend there is nothing like " worster if you are talking about frequency. It's like this: bad, worse, worst . You should use ur dictionary as well.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by zebudaya(m): 8:20am On Apr 21, 2013
My guy,

Please don't make the mistake of buying her gifts, taking her on a trip like others have suggested. It will not work. Your woman has lost interest in you, and that's why she's misbehaving.

This is what I'll do

1) Be a man, be alpha. Never be weak. Make decisions, stick by them and don't apologize. Coming to a forum and asking for relationship advice is weakness. Women don't like beta men.

2) Stop arguing with her? what are you arguing about? State your point and move on. Your word is law.

3) When she misbehaves, smack her a$$ and ask why are you misbehaving?

4) Become unpredictable. You are too predictable, she knows you, and acting in a predictable manner does not tingle her vagina. Go out with your friends. If possible shag one or two women on the side temporarily to get your balls back.

5) Stop being weak, you buy presents she rejects you keep buying? She hangs up on you and you tolerate it?

6) You've got to lay down the gauntlet. Marriage is unacceptable as it is, either she improves or she goes home.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Oldboy1: 8:29am On Apr 21, 2013
@op
The issue you are having in ur marriage now can break a man down,it can make ur bp rise,it can make you loose concentration and have problem in ur job but god forbid dat.
I think your wife has been like this just that maybe during ur courtship,u never really had time to notice all of them and also she tried as much as possible to hide her character away from u.
Now as the case is,she will never listen to you if you try talking to her,even if she does,she will give you conditions and that must be you doing everything her way which you'll never like but you must make attempt. Try and talk things over with her,if she keeps on with same,go and table the matter before her parents and see what they have to say. If the problem persist, complain to her parents again and again but don't involve ur own people. As you are doing that,set a spy on her to find out if she's having an affair somewhere coz its possible someone somewhere might be promissing her heaven and eart telling her to divorce you and marry him. Like some people said that her problem might be attention nor satisfAction in bed, I tell u, its none of this. I know u love ur wife nd does not want ur marriage to crash but not at the exense of ur health and job so at this time, you have to grow a stronger mind. If her parents could not do anything or even support her, den solution to ur problem is getting easier. Ignore her completely. Maintain ur financial obligation in d family but ignore her totaly in other areas. Don't bother ur son will be fine,if she mentions divorce ask her to proceed and still ignore her. You can even stay away from coming home as long as you wish. Don't call her unless she calls you. If she says she wan to go, pretend you are not bothered. Take these few steps for now, I promise you things will get better.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by MonogramDoctor(m): 9:18am On Apr 21, 2013
[quote author=Doncolio]
Take time off work, then prepare a vacation of two(2) days exclusive for you and her. Take along with you things that could bring back the memories of the past when you were courting or when the marriage was sweet. After the fun of the day, try open a table for discussion and speak ur mind. Try understand if her response are selfish meaning she doesn't care about you" THEN KNOW THAT SHE HAS SOMEONE WHO SERVICE N TAKE CARE OF HER MORE THAN YOU.
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by MonogramDoctor(m): 9:20am On Apr 21, 2013
Doncolio: Take a deep breath, then follow this few steps.
Take time off work, then prepare a vacation of two(2) days exclusive for you and her. Make sure the place is a place she wuld have loved to be. Take along with you things that could bring back the memories of the past when you were courting or when the marriage was sweet. After the fun of the day, try open a table for discussion and speak ur mind. Try understand if are response are selfish meaning she doesn't care about you- meaning the marriage has hit d rock(then inform her to go have a rethink of ur marriage) or concerened and scared she might loose you,then u'll have to reassure her. But u know her best so act accordingly and man up. Also have at the back of ur mind that women like to have their way and can be capable of even what you don't know.

#WishUluck
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by MonogramDoctor(m): 9:21am On Apr 21, 2013
[quote author=Doncolio]
Take time off work, then prepare a vacation of two(2) days exclusive for you and her. Take along with you things that could bring back the memories of the past when you were courting or when the marriage was sweet. After the fun of the day, try open a table for discussion and speak ur mind. Try understand if her response are selfish meaning she doesn't care about you" THEN KNOW THAT SHE HAS SOMEONE WHO SERVICE N TAKE CARE OF HER MORE THAN YOU.
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Elai147: 9:24am On Apr 21, 2013
na U go tire:
I am sorry about your situation. Put it in prayer. By the way, I must correct your english. It is 'things become worster' and not 'things became worst' as you write. I dont know what our schools are making these day. Standard of education is now too poor. Terrible.

Lolxxxxxx. Adviser.... u must be kidding me.
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by maclatunji: 9:50am On Apr 21, 2013
debrief08: Sadly what I have come to realise is that when women want to get married they fit into your "standard" of "wife material"
They will cook, clean, wash, scrub, maid service and supply s3x on demand, oncce you are hooked they unleash the real them.
I have told my cousins to accept women whose faults they caan live with so they don't end up with pretenders who unlesh terror after wards.
It is better to stay with a lady whose flaws are obvious and you know you can manage than that perfect "wife material"
I have seen it severally. Men set crazy standards, they want all the great qualities yet they refuse to be a great boyfriend, maake the lady go through hell and most will hold on just to get the ring and world war 3 starts since they haave achieved their aim.

I have one now who while dating pretended to accept and manage her now husbands cheating ways and arrogance, then I told her to be honest about her feelings and if he didn't feel she was good enough to stay faithful to let her move on and get someone who will.
She refused, she "accepted" his cheating, will ignore it when she saw nud3 pictures on his phone, walked in on him with another lady and smiled and pretended it was okay. Silly man thought he had an angel who would let him be married and do as he wants.
Today their home is hell, he is like a prisioner because she behaves the way the OP described.
When he begs me to speak with her she will tell me to ignore him, shebi he wanted a mumu he don enter one chance, she tells me after all they are married now, if he wants let him divorce because she knows he wouldn't.

Poster, sadly you married a woman who pretended to be what you wanted her to be then because she had her target, like someone said, try to salvage what is left of this.
If you can take time off and go somewhere alone no kids, no accusations no fighting, just the way forward, now both of you know the real person behind the facade, decide on how you can work together and around the issues.
Deal with issues not personal accusations and tantrums.
Ask her what she feels is the way forward, also listen and write down key points, infact both of you should write down expectations and exchange, its better than talking because fight will always enter.
When you have both read each others clearly outlined expectations, together you write down realistic points of compromise and each try to stick to it.

I am sorry for what you are going through, best of luck in working to make it better

I endorse this message. OP, look no further.
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by omonnakoda: 10:03am On Apr 21, 2013
adconline:
My friend this is nothing like " worsted" if you are talking about frequency. It's like this: bad, worse, worst . You should use ur dictionary as well.
1.You need to get a sense of humour and stop taking things so serious.I think he was teasing/joking
2. There is actually a word ; "worsted" though it is not a superlative of "bad" as in worsted wool grin grin
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by nembenama: 10:15am On Apr 21, 2013
I have seen most of ur egoistic advice including that of my husband. What u guys don't advert ur minds to,is the wife's side of the story and remember no two marriages re the same. Some of you just want this guy to end his union because of problems they can sit down n settle. If he leaves her,is the next woman perfect? He too should be man enough to take some responsibility of the present situation not throwing everything on his wife. What did he do to get her to that state of mind? Rather,than acting the gud guy here,tell us what u did too@op. Nice sunday all

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by isalegan2: 12:16pm On Apr 21, 2013
nembenama: I have seen most of ur egoistic advice including that of my husband.

Who's your husband, dear? grin cheesy

Don't tell me, I'm just kidding. wink

What u guys don't advert ur minds to,is the wife's side of the story and remember no two marriages re the same. Some of you just want this guy to end his union because of problems they can sit down n settle. If he leaves her,is the next woman perfect?

Totally agreed.

Marriage is not dating, plus they have a child. As I said earlier, it would do them a world of good to see if this woman has an hormonal imbalance - It Doesn't Mean " She's C-R-A-Z-Y!shocked " Lol at Scareddy cats at the sound of psychiatrist. (Of course I would never go to one myself, God forbid it!) shocked cheesy grin

In all seriousness, hormonal imbalance or mood swings or depression are common after childbirth. Even though the husband says the behaviours started before childbirth, there are lots of health issues that could cause that even in a person that is not pregnant. All they have to do is have her see a regular doctor or her Ob-Gyn to look into this. So much hormone coursing through the human body, sometimes they go out of whack. It's not a "spiritual husband," whatever that crap means. undecided

He too should be man enough to take some responsibility of the present situation not throwing everything on his wife. What did he do to get her to that state of mind? Rather,than acting the gud guy here,tell us what u did too@op. Nice sunday all

Happy Sunday to you too. smiley cool
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by omonnakoda: 12:47pm On Apr 21, 2013
Elai147: [s]The courtship you had was not enough at all. Marriage is not something we should rush into as it involves a lifetime contract. The truth is your wife did not change. She is only unleashing the long concealed characters.[/s] A woman can pretend and hide her true self for more than 2 years just to get married and afterwards she will start exposing herself willingly. You should have lived in a relationship like a marriage where you both have to stay together under the same roof for sometime during courtship. I dated my wife for 6 years before we got married. It is the 7th year of our marriage and she has NEVER insulted me even during our courtship but of course we do have arguments sometimes which is normal.

Length of courtship is irrelevant. Living together in the same accommodation whilst unmarried is not only alien to African culture but also to the major religious orientation in Nigeria. How many Nigerian parents would allow their daughters to live with somebody on probation? Please say something sensible.
Your biography story seems to suggest you are telling the OP he is not as smart as you. "look at me I am clever I courted my wife a long time before we married and look at us.You(OP) on the other hand are not smart ,your courtship was too short and that is why you have problems." Absolute rubbish in my view. If you must give advice do not add your biography because it sends the wrong message. If you wish to talk about yourself create another thread. I am sure there are people who dated as long as you did with no problems only for their spouse to change afterwards.Likewise many people met their spouses and married them within 6 months and are happy!
We cannot make GENERALIZATIONS about life from ONE example. It is like saying you had an accident in a Toyota and survived THEREFORE Toyotas are SAFE CARS.Is that Logical?

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by SELFWORTH: 1:54pm On Apr 21, 2013
nembenama: I have seen most of ur egoistic advice including that of my husband. What u guys don't advert ur minds to,is the wife's side of the story and remember no two marriages re the same. Some of you just want this guy to end his union because of problems they can sit down n settle. If he leaves her,is the next woman perfect? He too should be man enough to take some responsibility of the present situation not throwing everything on his wife. What did he do to get her to that state of mind? Rather,than acting the gud guy here,tell us what u did too@op. Nice sunday all

I concur. All those who gave advice here based on a one sided story are obviously immature.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Rossikk(m): 1:59pm On Apr 21, 2013
Ishilove:
Op, she needs deliverance. Na spirit husband dey worry am. cheesy

I find this to be a fascinating explanation. Even plausible. Reincarnation means that many of us have lived many lives prior to this one. As physical, earth humans, we have a mental shield blocking our memory of past lives and pre-birth experiences in the 'spirit' world, where we came from. It is not inconceivable that we would have past husbands and wives in our previous lives, who, now in spirit, are reluctant to see us share that love with another. So may interfere by influencing the minds of those involved, to work against the new relationship.

Poster, depending on your faith, you may visit a traditional or christian priest, for them to try and communicate with whomever is involved in the spirit world, to let go. It just may work.
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Daresh(f): 2:30pm On Apr 21, 2013
Okon.akpan:
She threatened divorce not long ago. I think she is fed up with our marriage cos she is not having her way as she wants. There is always quarrel whenever things are not done her way cos she want to be in control.

Hi Okon, I read with a heavy heart cos I know how painful marital problems are. Does your wife work? Does she have other things occupying her mind? I suspect she doesn't cos if she did she won't have time to nag you. Find out what she wants to get involved with even if its charity work. Find a daycare for your baby and let her get busy with the outside world. She doesn't want divorce she just wants to be happy. Take her on a vacation, just 2 of you, no outsiders not even kids, have fun and let her talk to you. Remember no yelling, she is insecure and needs you so be her rock and tell her you love her.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Woman Births Triplet After 19Years Of Marriage | Photos / My Husband Is A Sex Freak / Man Seek Divorce From Wife Because She Has Lost Her Beauty And Figure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.