Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs (13996 Views)

$200 Billion To Be Repatriated Back To Nigeria From Dubai In Few Days / Promoter Flays Fashola Over FG’s Contribution To Lekki Port / Singaporean Investors To Stake N195b On Lekki Port Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 22, 2013
Rossikk: [size=20pt]Lekki Port to generate $200bn + 163,000 jobs[/size]

By BusinessNews Staff on April 9, 2013

The managing director of Lekki Port LFTZ Enterprise, Mr. Haresh Aswani has projected that the state-of-the-art Lekki Port project, scheduled to be operational by third quarter of 2016 will generate $200bn revenue and create 163,000
new jobs.

Located in the Lagos Free Trade Zone at the Lekki suburb, Aswani explained that the Lekki Port, conceptualized as a multi-product industrial and logistics hub would spread across 90Ha of land and shall be built at an estimated cost of
$1.55 billion. He further said the deep-sea port which will be located 65 km east of Lagos Mainland shall become the gateway to West African region and would be one of the most efficient and modern maritime facilities that will cater to containerized, liquid and dry bulk cargo par international standards. “In addition to bridging the capacity deficit,
Lekki Port will have significant positive macroeconomic impact estimated at $361 billion over the entire concession period. It is expected to contribute more than USD 200 billion to the government exchequer while also creating close
to 163,000 new jobs in the economy.

Furthermore, Lekki Port will spur the economic development around the Lekki sub-region and on a wider perspective, the whole of Lagos State through rapid industrialization”, he added.

In a bid to ensure smooth and efficient operations, Lekki Port has engaged the services of leading global consultants in the mould of The Louis Berger Group Inc., Delta Marine Consultants, Berger ABAM and TBA Netherlands and the container terminal has been sub-concessioned to International Container Terminal Services, Inc, Philippines, a leader in the container terminal operations with a footprint across the globe.

The strategic location, optimal layout and modern facilities is expected to provide Lekki Port a distinct competitive edge over any other port facility in the West African region.

The Lagos State Government’s and Nigerian Ports Authority’s (NPA) involvement as shareholders in this project demonstrate both, their interest in the success of Lekki Port and their confidence in the Public-Private Partnership
model to bridge the gaps in the infrastructure domain which is pivotal to overall growth of Nigerian economy.
( National Mirror )

http://www.businessnews.com.ng/2013/...n-163000-jobs/
$200b? how much new york generate?

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by manny4life(m): 6:12pm On Apr 22, 2013
adconline:
Thank you! Dumbasses are falsifying figures. Naija GDP is less $400bn. Annual budget is less than $40bn. I wonder what they will be doing at the port? Unloading diamond and heroine?

Anything to hype Lagos is welcomed grin grin grin

LASG has already thought out - $200 billion revenue will push Lagos GDP to x5, and the Eko Atlantic City, Lagos is close to a $1trillion GDP in no time. Talk about fools paradise... grin grin

drnoel:
hmm, they should pls tell us how much apapa whoof is bringing in annually b4 we believe this their falsified estimation. Besides, when they start falsifying figures and they have not yet built the stuff, how does one now believe that the port would do what it is projected to do.

Whether they build it or not, Lagos port can't surpass Port of Singapore or Shanghai or even Rotterdam, these are BIG PORTS around the world by volume and traffic, they move tens of millions of tons of goods, yet they don't make up to 1/3rd of this amount, yet, Port of Lekki will surpass them when it begins, they try.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by stevecantrell: 6:13pm On Apr 22, 2013

7 Likes

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Onyeoma3: 6:17pm On Apr 22, 2013
steve_cantrell: ..

Abeg where una dey get all these pix from grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by vascey(m): 6:23pm On Apr 22, 2013
If the port is making $200 billion, it simply means that Nigeria's economy has degenerated so horribly that we import everything, from water to children. As much as I laud the effort of LASG, I will have you know that without a viable manufacturing sector, a port is simply a gateway to hell.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by vascey(m): 6:27pm On Apr 22, 2013
adconline:
Thank you! Dumbasses are falsifying figures. Naija GDP is less $400bn. Annual budget is less than $40bn. I wonder what they will be doing at the port? Unloading diamond and heroine?

And to think that it will be a free trade zone i.e. less duties than conventional ports as well as lower taxes for businesses established within the zone.

Some people can lie sha.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by vascey(m): 6:30pm On Apr 22, 2013
I guess it's a question of aiming for the stars and hoping to reach the moon (abi how them dey talk am). Some people don't even understand what $200 billion means. I bet they do not even understand the extent of infrastructure needed to generate $200 billion annually.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 22, 2013
Time to move into the Hinterland.
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by ba7man(m): 6:32pm On Apr 22, 2013
That $200billion figure looks suspicious. Can't be true. I hope we get to do more of exporting than importing soon in this country.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by etebomugmailc(m): 6:36pm On Apr 22, 2013
Clap hands for them.
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Rossikk(m): 6:36pm On Apr 22, 2013
I think the amount refers to the concessionary period not the actual yearly revenue. Title adjusted accordingly.
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by alnaijiri(m): 6:38pm On Apr 22, 2013
It doesn't mean that $200bn in profit will be made. Most likely $200bn in the amount of goods going in and out. It is a tax haven, so many will set up factories there using foreign materials, foreign labour, and exported to foreign countries. Much of that $200bn will not have anything to do with Nigeria, but even if Nigeria gets a small fraction of it, it will be a great success. Kudos to the planners and to Gov Fashola.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 22, 2013
$200b? Lol. How much does Nigeria make from crude oil sales annually? How much is Nigeria's annual budget? Heck, what is Nigeria's GDP for crying out loud (only slightly more than the said $200b)!!!

The buffoon that made this preposterous claim deserves to be paraded naked in the market square so that children would jeer at him. Oloriburuku oshi ni gbogbo won kpatakpata, including Tinubu and the other ACN/APC mendacious thieves. They and their Lagos 'Mega City' pipe-dream are fast becoming a big fat joke.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by mrborntodoit: 6:54pm On Apr 22, 2013
Mr OP, u don cause trouble ooooooo, Kindly verify the amount , thanks#
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Nonybb: 6:54pm On Apr 22, 2013
Rossikk: [size=20pt]Lekki Port to generate $200bn + 163,000 jobs[/size]

By BusinessNews Staff on April 9, 2013

The managing director of Lekki Port LFTZ Enterprise, Mr. Haresh Aswani has projected that the state-of-the-art Lekki Port project, scheduled to be operational by third quarter of 2016 will generate $200bn revenue and create 163,000
new jobs.

Located in the Lagos Free Trade Zone at the Lekki suburb, Aswani explained that the Lekki Port, conceptualized as a multi-product industrial and logistics hub would spread across 90Ha of land and shall be built at an estimated cost of
$1.55 billion. He further said the deep-sea port which will be located 65 km east of Lagos Mainland shall become the gateway to West African region and would be one of the most efficient and modern maritime facilities that will cater to containerized, liquid and dry bulk cargo par international standards. “In addition to bridging the capacity deficit,
Lekki Port will have significant positive macroeconomic impact estimated at $361 billion over the entire concession period. It is expected to contribute more than USD 200 billion to the government exchequer while also creating close
to 163,000 new jobs in the economy.

Furthermore, Lekki Port will spur the economic development around the Lekki sub-region and on a wider perspective, the whole of Lagos State through rapid industrialization”, he added.

In a bid to ensure smooth and efficient operations, Lekki Port has engaged the services of leading global consultants in the mould of The Louis Berger Group Inc., Delta Marine Consultants, Berger ABAM and TBA Netherlands and the container terminal has been sub-concessioned to International Container Terminal Services, Inc, Philippines, a leader in the container terminal operations with a footprint across the globe.

The strategic location, optimal layout and modern facilities is expected to provide Lekki Port a distinct competitive edge over any other port facility in the West African region.

The Lagos State Government’s and Nigerian Ports Authority’s (NPA) involvement as shareholders in this project demonstrate both, their interest in the success of Lekki Port and their confidence in the Public-Private Partnership
model to bridge the gaps in the infrastructure domain which is pivotal to overall growth of Nigerian economy.
( National Mirror )

http://www.businessnews.com.ng/2013/...n-163000-jobs/
some ppl are just illiterate and i pray they would go to school. Pls Oga did u just say 200 billion dollar or Naira? Nigerian economy through oil revenue for the whole 365 days is not up to that amount. Our economy is just around 265 or there-about, then 200 billion dollar?(although during debasing it would increase). If u knw Nigerian economic indication u will question the justifiability/accuracy of this inglorious claim! This is an outrageous figure. Do u knw wat these meant? It means that Nigerian economy would grow by 90%! No where had such a figure seen anywhere in the world, not even in china during their boom. So i frankly think u should correct this anormally in other for economics to take u seriously. Atleast april fool was 21 days ago or am i right?

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by ol2012: 6:55pm On Apr 22, 2013
adconline:
Thank you! Dumbasses are falsifying figures. Naija GDP is less $400bn. Annual budget is less than $40bn. I wonder what they will be doing at the port? Unloading diamond and heroine?[size=8pt][/size]
D bolded got me laughing 4 up 2 ten mins. D link d OP included in his post displayed an error message. I guess d OP just added 2 zeros 2 d figure he saw. Its a laudable project though

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by occam(m): 7:00pm On Apr 22, 2013
Rossikk: I think the amount refers to the concessionary period not the actual yearly revenue. Title adjusted accordingly.

So what is the expected yearly revenue? Your Paki man should tell it as it is and stop playing with words. And btw why should we believe figures touted by a Paki man? These guys are are masters in the art of falsifying numbers

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by anonimi: 7:01pm On Apr 22, 2013
Rossikk: I think the amount refers to the concessionary period not the actual yearly revenue. Title adjusted accordingly.

So what is the concessionary period?
10, 20, 50, 100 years
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by mentorken05(m): 7:02pm On Apr 22, 2013
200billion dollarsna wash joor
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Rossikk(m): 7:09pm On Apr 22, 2013
pro01: $200b? Lol. How much does Nigeria make from crude oil sales annually? How much is Nigeria's annual budget? Heck, what is Nigeria's GDP for crying out loud (only slightly more than the said $200b)!!!

The buffoon that made this preposterous claim deserves to be paraded naked in the market square so that children would jeer at him. Oloriburuku oshi ni gbogbo won kpatakpata, including Tinubu and the other ACN/APC mendacious thieves. They and their Lagos 'Mega City' pipe-dream are fast becoming a big fat joke.

My friend stop talking like an illiterate. ''Crude oil sales'' indeed. That is the mentality we need to get rid of in this country. The idea that no source of income can possibly exceed what we make from ''crude oil sales''.

Do you know that some nations have oil but choose not to export it? They just develop other sectors of their economy and make more than they could make from that oil, which they save for a rainy day. One country that does this is the USA. In fact America probably has larger oil reserves than Nigeria. We need to change our thinking. Even the oil we export is only the same amount as Kuwait (pop. 2 million). Our oil reserves are not that huge at all. So the nation is looking at diversification of income sources, and one must commend the govt for the efforts in that direction. Out recent fast GDP growth of 7% per annum has been due to mostly the growth in the non-oil sector - telecoms, construction, banking, retail etc.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Capnd143(m): 7:09pm On Apr 22, 2013
This $200bil income is posible, bt it is only posible overtime, if the investment that are going to storm lagos pull through with eko city, and other stuffs and construction projects, the port will be extremely busy, though i stil maintain it can ONLY GENERATE THAT MUCH OVERTIME.
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by texazzpete(m): 7:12pm On Apr 22, 2013
The illiterates will not be the death of me. It's $200bn over the entire concessionary period, not annually!
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by anonimi: 7:17pm On Apr 22, 2013
texazzpete: The illiterates will not be the death of me. It's $200bn over the entire concessionary period, not annually!

What is the duration of the concession?
How many years
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by manny4life(m): 7:18pm On Apr 22, 2013
texazzpete: The illiterates will not be the death of me. It's $200bn over the entire concessionary period, not annually!

Abeg bros, you're late to the party. We know what we read before OP changed the title, besides, where in the article "NOW" does it suggest otherwise and for how many period? Abi is it for lifetime?
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Mogidi: 7:18pm On Apr 22, 2013
$200 Billion?

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Mogidi: 7:22pm On Apr 22, 2013

The article said this:

In addition to bridging the capacity deficit,
Lekki Port will have significant positive macroeconomic impact estimated at $361 billion over the entire concession period

Your $200bn or the article's $361, who's the illiterate now?

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by anonimi: 7:30pm On Apr 22, 2013
Mogidi:

The article said this:

Don't mind our ACN sympathisers doing twist & turn palongo dance on falsehood that has been found out!
SMH.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by autchman144(m): 7:31pm On Apr 22, 2013
zetdee: this good for nigeria, unfortunatly nigerians are very corrupt, the project will not go smoothly , durban has similar projects and they're ahead of schedule the same with cape town and joburg.

Jo'burg isnt a port city.
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by honeric01(m): 7:38pm On Apr 22, 2013
Rossikk, see what you've caused now with misleading title, now the good news just got bastardised.
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by DeCleff(m): 7:47pm On Apr 22, 2013
Why wont it generate $200 bilion when the wicked policy in Nigeria has made other ports in the country are dead in favour of lagos ports?
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by ibkgab001: 7:56pm On Apr 22, 2013
By beating all the original occupants grin
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 22, 2013
Mogidi:

The article said this:

na so dem de laugh for ur village abi lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Buhari, Osinbajo And Others At Federal Executive Council (FEC) / Documents Show Buhari’s Govt. Illegally Diverted N378billion NLNG Dividend / Technical Hitch Disrupting Buhari's Speech At UN Event Is Fake News- Garba Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.