Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs (13997 Views)

$200 Billion To Be Repatriated Back To Nigeria From Dubai In Few Days / Promoter Flays Fashola Over FG’s Contribution To Lekki Port / Singaporean Investors To Stake N195b On Lekki Port Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by manny4life(m): 4:48am On Apr 23, 2013
CFCfan: eko ilee has been taken to the cleaners.
*He might say I'm part of the "40 laptop crew", or a 'retardeen'* grin

Bros, abeg before he attacks you, biko stay out of it.

I want to school eko today, shey he said there's a difference between actual revenue and operating revenue.... CLASSIC. grin grin

You can see him mumbo jumbo-ing operational cost, income et al, who talk all that one...? cheesy cheesy cheesy

I will make foolishness out of him today, time is 11:48pm and I'm supposed to be asleep for work tomorrow, but I'll stay here to teach him a good lesson. grin
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by ekoilee: 4:51am On Apr 23, 2013
otokx: Its good to see that people are now recognizing the lies being told by our thieving politicians.

Mr. Haresh Aswan is your thieving politicians? Do you people have brains at all?

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by manny4life(m): 4:52am On Apr 23, 2013
otokx: Its good to see that people are now recognizing the lies being told by our thieving politicians.

You can see for yourself na, now it's OP adding an extra zero... shocked shocked shocked

Now u see why I called it COMEDY CENTRAL cheesy cheesy cheesy

Now Eko is flaunting his own figures with one zero deducted... Man, have they no shame?

Don't worry, as soon as we press further, another zero will be deducted grin grin
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Nobody: 4:59am On Apr 23, 2013
manny4life:

You can see for yourself na, now it's OP adding an extra zero... shocked shocked shocked

Now u see why I called it COMEDY CENTRAL cheesy cheesy cheesy

Don't worry, as soon as we press further, another zero will be deducted grin grin
LWKMD grin grin grin grin

No be small Comedy Central o. By tomorrow, the figure may be reduced to $2bn
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by ekoilee: 4:59am On Apr 23, 2013
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by ekoilee: 5:01am On Apr 23, 2013
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by ekoilee: 5:01am On Apr 23, 2013

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Nobody: 5:04am On Apr 23, 2013
^^
Those are beautiful images of the port. I hope the 2016 deadline for its completion is met.
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by ekoilee: 5:07am On Apr 23, 2013

- Multi-purpose Badagry Port to include Free Trade Zone;

- Development consortium planning for 2016 opening.

Lagos, Nigeria – APM Terminals and its consortium partners have announced plans to develop a new greenfield mega-port project and Free Trade Zone at Badagry in Nigeria’s Lagos State, 55 km (34 miles) west of Apapa and the Port of Lagos on the Benin-Lagos Expressway. At full build-out, the deep-water full-service port will be one of the largest in Africa with 7 km of quay and 1,000 hectares (2,470 acres) of dedicated yard, and will include state-of the art facilities for container, bulk, liquid bulk, Ro/Ro and general cargo as well as oil and gas operations support and a barge terminal. Plans for the adjoining Badagry Free Trade Zone will include a power plant, oil refinery, industrial park and warehousing and Inland Container Deport functions. The first phase of the project is scheduled to open in 2016.

“We are actively working with state and federal governments on the permission process” stated APM Terminals Africa-Middle East Regional CEO Peder Sondergaard, adding that “the Nigerian Ports Authority, Lagos State and the Nigerian federal Government have been supportive and positive”.

Earlier this year, Nigerian Minister of Transport, Senator Idris Umar, cited the proposed Badagry Port project as an example of a public-private partnership development which would help to address congestion and establish Nigeria as a maritime trading hub for West and Central Africa during his keynote address at the 12th Maritime Seminar for Judges in Abuja in June. The Benin-Lagos Expressway is currently being upgraded to a 10-lane highway which will facilitate cargo movements to and from inland destinations in the region.

APM Terminals is currently one of the largest port and terminal operators in Africa, and in West Africa in particular, where APM Terminals Global Terminal Network include nine facilities in eight West African nations, including Apapa Container Terminal, and West Africa Container Terminal in Onne, Nigeria. APM Terminals Apapa, which assumed operations at Lagos’ Apapa Container Terminal in 2006, is now the busiest container terminal in West Africa, handling 600,000 TEUs in 2011, with throughput for 2012 projected to be 720,000 TEUs. Equally important, shipping lines and African shippers have seen significant improvements to supply chain reliability and cost savings.

Industry analysts have predicted that Nigerian container volume, which totaled 1.4 million TEUs in 2011, will outstrip existing port capacity by 2017. At present, approximately 85% of all Nigerian non-oil cargo passes through the Port of Lagos. Over the next three decades, Nigerian annual container traffic is expected to grow to 10 million TEUs.

With 170 million people, Nigeria is the largest country in Africa by population, and the 7th-largest worldwide. By 2050, the UN has forecast that Nigeria’s population will have risen to 289 million, following only India, China, the USA and Pakistan in global population ranking. Lagos is the 2nd-largest city in Africa (after Cairo) with a population of 10.2 million, and is home to an estimated 60% of Nigerian manufacturing. The Nigerian economy, the 2nd-largest in sub-Saharan Africa after South Africa, driven by oil exports, has been forecast by the International Monetary Fund to expand by 7.1% in 2012 and 6.7% in 2013.

The proposed Badagry Mega-Port project fits well into APM Terminals’ strategy of infrastructure development in targeted high-growth markets. Current new terminal and port expansion projects and investments include Moin, Costa Rica; Callao, Peru; Santos, Brazil; Ningbo, China and Poti, Georgia. The Badagry consortium partnership is comprised of APM Terminals, Orlean Invest, the Macquarie Group, Oando PLC, the Chagoury Group and Terminal Investment Limited. Support for the project has also been expressed by the Nigerian Ports Authority, and the Governor of Lagos State.
http://www.apmterminals.com/aboutus.aspx?id=20852
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by jude33084(m): 5:11am On Apr 23, 2013
Rossikk: With that $200 billion, Lagos will become by far the most modern and advanced city in all Africa, beating Johannesburg, Cairo, and Cape Town hands down. It would become among the top cities in the world, mentioned alongside the likes of New York City, Tokyo, Beijing, and Paris.

Cairo, cape town and Johannesburg didnt make mouth before the world saw what they are undecided

Fedderal Govt to create 200,000 jobs since 1999 till date.
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Nobody: 5:12am On Apr 23, 2013
The Badagry port will bring up the number of ports in Lagos to FOUR.

In the next 8 years, Lagos will be one of the economic hubs in West Africa; the other being Akwa Ibom (with opening of the Ibaka deep seaport).
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by jude33084(m): 5:14am On Apr 23, 2013
eko ilee:

Mr. Haresh Aswan is your thieving politicians? Do you people have brains at all?

And you think he is the owner of that project? cheesy
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by ekoilee: 5:19am On Apr 23, 2013
jude33084:

And you think he is the owner of that project? cheesy

Who is the owner and what's this got to do with politicians stealing your money? Do you even know anything about this project?
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by RHP(m): 5:37am On Apr 23, 2013
pappy2000: How can One buy cheap Land in that Area
contact Rhino Homes and properties on fb(Rhino homes) PIN:7F6EF12C or call: 08057081122
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by anonimi: 5:43am On Apr 23, 2013
eko ilee: NL illiterates at it again...lmao

Obviously, they are talking about the value of cargo business moving through the port which is not unrealistic since it's going to be serving multiple countries.

Which "multiple countries" are you talking about
[size=13pt]The landlocked countries bordering Nigeria are Chad & Niger, which are francophone countries served appropriately by Cameroon & Benin Republic.
You ACN lap dog propagandists should learn that your lies will be scrutinesd in great detail more and more.
[/size]
See, who is the ILLITERATE now

BTW, when is CLUELESS Fashola going to make the provision of pipeborne water for the whole of Lagos state his priority seeing it is a BASIC requirement for life?

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Freiburger(m): 8:19am On Apr 23, 2013
$200 Billion is simply an over exaggeration.
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by turawafett(f): 9:05am On Apr 23, 2013
only one question i have to ask, how many years will it take to generate the over $200 billion. i did not read anyway that it will be generated within a year.
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Gbawe: 10:01am On Apr 23, 2013
turawafett: only one question i have to ask, how many years will it take the generate the over $200 billion. i did not read anyway that it will be generated within a year.

Correct. You ask precisely the right question. How long is the concession period over which the $200 billion target is based upon? Why can posters here, on either side of the debate i.e feasible or otherwise, not simply establish this critical fact before they begin attempting to speak conclusively?

Secondly, the utterance of the Managing Director of the Lagos Free Trade Zone, Mr. Haresh Aswani, may have been misunderstood by many. He stated and I quote:

http://www.theheraldng.com/200-billion-internal-revenue-expected-from-lekki-port-by-2016/

"on completion by 2016, the project would contribute to the internally generated revenue of Lagos state some $200 billion and will create about 163, 000 new jobs."

Obvious that any estimate is not exclusive to the direct earning of Port operations alone but also to so many other linked State income generation consideration such as the taxes to be paid to Lagos by thousands of newly created jobs, business levies, tourism, etc, etc.

The Lekki deep sea port is conceded for 45 years which means the $200 billion estimated accrual to Lagos state government is expected over that period from direct and indirect activities connected to the operation of the Port. I.e over $4 billion a year, over 45 years, will accrue to Lagos through the direct and many connected considerations arising from the operation of the Lekki deep sea port. Optimistic in my opinion but not unrealistic or fraudulent.
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Delafruita(m): 10:16am On Apr 23, 2013
http://ibeju./hope-estate-ibeju-lekki-iid-494675998
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by chic2007: 11:01am On Apr 23, 2013
This is good news to me. At least the value of the land I have in that area will really appreciate then. I hope there will be no hitches in their plans knowing Government.
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Zechy09: 1:55pm On Apr 23, 2013
Can you see the reason many people don't take politics section serious and assume it is a place to defend your political affiliation instead of defending the truth.
You always criticize GEJ all the time and i thought you were an "Objective Nigerian" standing up for the truth, i didn't know you are just an ACN apologist.
This is a blatant lie and there is no way to justify the lie. Even if it is for a period of 70yrs, it will still be a BIG lie!
I expect people irrespective of their political affiliation to say the truth at all times and NOT speak the truth when it is GEJ and lie when it is opposition.

My two cents.
Gbawe:

Correct. You ask precisely the right question. How long is the concession period over which the $200 billion target is based upon? Why can posters here, on either side of the debate i.e feasible or otherwise, not simply establish this critical fact before they begin attempting to speak conclusively?

Secondly, the utterance of the Managing Director of the Lagos Free Trade Zone, Mr. Haresh Aswani, may have been misunderstood by many. He stated and I quote:

http://www.theheraldng.com/200-billion-internal-revenue-expected-from-lekki-port-by-2016/

"on completion by 2016, the project would contribute to the internally generated revenue of Lagos state some $200 billion and will create about 163, 000 new jobs."

Obvious that any estimate is not exclusive to the direct earning of Port operations alone but also to so many other linked State income generation consideration such as the taxes to be paid to Lagos by thousands of newly created jobs, business levies, tourism, etc, etc.

The Lekki deep sea port is conceded for 45 years which means the $200 billion estimated accrual to Lagos state government is expected over that period from direct and indirect activities connected to the operation of the Port. I.e over $4 billion a year, over 45 years, will accrue to Lagos through the direct and many connected considerations arising from the operation of the Lekki deep sea port. Optimistic in my opinion but not unrealistic or fraudulent.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by gabolz(m): 3:19pm On Apr 23, 2013
Most of the plots around here are acquisition.Be guided
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by anonimi: 4:00pm On Apr 23, 2013
Zechy09: Can you see the reason many people don't take politics section serious and assume it is a place to defend your political affiliation instead of defending the truth.
You always criticize GEJ all the time and i thought you were an "Objective Nigerian" standing up for the truth, i didn't know you are just an ACN apologist.
This is a blatant lie and there is no way to justify the lie. Even if it is for a period of 70yrs, it will still be a BIG lie!

I expect people irrespective of their political affiliation to say the truth at all times and NOT speak the truth when it is GEJ and lie when it is opposition.

My two cents.

We have known them for quite some time on this NL.
Let them continue to turn big big grammar upon their korokoro bold face lie and propaganda.
Even if them like make dem do Azonto dance but we know sey na Yahooze dem wan do us. shocked
And they have been caught out, [size=13pt]these masters of propaganda and white elephant projects will continue spinning us long stories still WHILE they neglect the BASIC issues such as pipeborne water and feeder roads all over Lagos.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by alnaijiri(m): 4:17pm On Apr 23, 2013
This port, along with Lekki free-trade zone, and Eko Atlantic City, will surely make Lagos one of the premier port cities in the World, competing neck-in-neck with New York, Los Angeles, Singapore, Hong Kong, Rotterdam, Dubai, etc... talkless of African ports like Durban or Alexandria, Egypt.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Gbawe: 5:44pm On Apr 23, 2013
Zechy09: Can you see the reason many people don't take politics section serious and assume it is a place to defend your political affiliation instead of defending the truth.

My two cents.

Clearly you are another one who has a problem with the messenger regardless of your pretence to the contrary. To any objective person, can it be said I am defending the ACN here? All I have done is try and use facts and the right translation of what is stated to correct the ignorance and misconception that produces the sort of partisan and inane submission here which is the real reason intelligent folks will not take the political section seriously.

What is wrong with telling all of you factually that the manager of the LFTZ is talking of the sum that may accrue to LASG ,as internally generated revenue, from the direct and indirect activities linked to the Port over the length of the concession? Do you want to remain ignorant or is it everything you want us to fight over and turn into an ACN/PDP war?

Frankly, it is people like you that have driven many intelligent posters , who deal with facts and statistics, away from this forum with your feudal mindset you deploy negatively any time you cannot understand the depth of what others are talking about.

So far, many contribution here, with all due respect, has been garbage driven by partisanship. You should simply show I lie anywhere with your own set of facts. Show I have added to or subtracted from what is provided rather than simply made reasonable and factual conclusion based upon what is written. It is as simple as that. You inanely call this a "blatant lie" yet , as one example, how much do you think 160,000 new jobs may bring Lagos in the form of taxation?

There are many, many, many activities that could be indirect money-spinners due to the operation of the port. If you don't have the knowledge to appreciate what others know then concentrate on defeating ignorance and bettering yourself instead of saying others are lying because they are miles ahead of you at appreciating the economics of things.

At the end of my submission I concluded the figures seem optimistic but , unlike ignorant folks who don't work with fact, conceded it was not impossible because there are tonnes of information I do not have such as the business tax/levy Companies operating at the port may pay that would swell Lagos coffers. The functional illiteracy here, seeing folks shun facts and logic, is the real reason intelligent posters will come and leave in the end.
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by manny4life(m): 5:56pm On Apr 23, 2013

My two cents.

Bros, did u not see how Eko changed it from $200 billion to $20billion? The number keeps fluctuating...LOL, even at 40 years, like u said, it's a BLATANT LIES.. Fabricated propaganda. Meanwhile, I haven't forgotten my promise about printing, scanning it and uploading it for his dull brains

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by djon78(m): 8:07pm On Apr 23, 2013
Today I found out the Intelligence level of eko ile is sub standard, infact he is a stark illiterate, am really dissapointed. This news shows the level of intelligence of these guys laundring this propaganda, nothing upstairs and these are the people ruling us, ah its a very big shame.

They should know that the academic and exposure level of some of us on this forum is top notch, world class and that we can see through their lies, because brainwise they be serious olodo

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by ekoilee: 9:11pm On Apr 23, 2013

My two cents.

Slow your roll with your unnecessary and misplaced anger over what you failed grasp.

Is the port operational and generating the money you are raging about and calling the man a lair for?

No?

Call him a lair when the port goes into operation

Call him a lair after you scrutinized the revenue and anomalies if present or not

Until then, hold your bigoted breath because you can not label projections, expectations, optimism or goal lies

For now, you can only label his claim overly optimistic, but not a lie since you can the port doesn't exist and their is no money to count verify.

Why you people are killing yourselves over the man's optimistic goals beats the hell out of me, I think your government have bastardized you so much that you see even even where it doesn't exist.

It's even idiotic to insert ACN into the conversation. Is the Indian man and investor that gave the speech ACN? Are all foreign investors in Nigeria PDP/ACN and do you characterize their business talk Nigerian political rubbish?

You people are worse than elementary school kids I swear...
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by emmatok(m): 9:14pm On Apr 23, 2013
djon78: Today I found out the Intelligence level of eko ile is sub standard, infact he is a stark illiterate, am really dissapointed. This news shows the level of intelligence of these guys laundring this propaganda, nothing upstairs and these are the people ruling us, ah its a very big shame.

They should know that the academic and exposure level of some of us on this forum is top notch, world class and that we can see through their lies, because brainwise they be serious olodo

I don't know why you are angry about this PORT.
Are you peeps saying the sea port in Lagos haven't generated that much.

I am sure most of you don't even where the LFTZ is located.

This seaport is located inside the LFTZ filled with other business facilities.
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by ekoilee: 9:20pm On Apr 23, 2013
djon78:

hey should know that the academic and exposure level of some of us on this forum is top notch, world class

I read this rubbish all the time and I look at ibo people and ibo land for confirmation, but I end up shaking my head at you shallow and empty people...

Below is the by product of your world class achievements and exposure..

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/699524_onitsha-port-cool_jpg566ce90239e45a3d61604fd79f639cbd[/img]

I'm sure you meant village class and not world class..

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by ekoilee: 9:28pm On Apr 23, 2013
Your mates are building world class infrastructures and modern facilities, but you losers are here crying over dumb and reterred nonsense as if whatever money your are losing sleep over means anything to this project from construction to functionality.

Meanwhile, you villagers are still begging your worthless and incompetent government to renovate some okproko warehouse aka canoe/river port.....

Shameless villagers..
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by djon78(m): 10:52pm On Apr 23, 2013
My friend we have heard all those cock and bull story u guys talk about east, but at least we still have something tangible we achieved by our sweat no government help, unlike ur Lagos which is what it is today not by u guys effort but simply by the Federal Government, so don't come here pointing to Lagos cos it belongs to the whole nation just like Abuja.

You guys launder too much propaganda filled with lies, claiming false figures about the lekki sea port and mind u Akwa Ibom state are also constructing a big sea port also which will cater for goods coming to SS Se middle belt and northern states and there own is not lies and propaganda, they have the finacial means to do that coupled with having a highly ambitious governor.

So stop coming here and blowing lies, u were caught and then u claimed it was no longer 200billion now. 20 billioin all lies, so stop all these ur lies and propaganda we can see through it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

‘how INEC Staff Exposed PDP Rigging In Edo’ / Technical Hitch Disrupting Buhari's Speech At UN Event Is Fake News- Garba Shehu / 2023: Khadijah Okunnu-Lamidi Shares Her 5-point Agenda For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.