Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,500 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled (14221 Views)

April 11 Polls: 18,000 Security Personnel Deployed To Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara / 8,000 Security Personnel Mobilised In Sokoto For Saturday’s Guber Elections / Lagos Installs 10,000 Security Cameras. Feds Installed 121 In Lagos, Abuja, Ph. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by ekoilee: 10:30pm On Apr 27, 2013
ig.chuka:

Lagos is just riding on the advantage given to them by the mistake the FG made many years ago which they are now paying for. And the mistake is concentration of infrastructure and development in one place, at the detriment of other states. On a level playing field, it will amaze you the governors that will be rated higher than fashola.

But other governors or states with 2-5 million population like Akwa Ibom have more money than Lagos. Akway Ibom spent over N600 billion in 2012 while Lagos with 20 million people spent N485 billion.

For 2013, Lagos state's budget is N490 Billion while Akwa Ibom is N457 billion plus the extra N80 he asked for last week = 457 + 80= 537 billion.

@ N537 billion, this is the largest budget in Nigeria and the year is barely halfway.

So tell me, apart from private jet, luxury armored Mercedes Benz vans, free money here and there, free luxury jeeps to celebrities and wedding in Dubai, what exactly are the people of Akwa Ibom getting for the largest spending by any state in the history of Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by igchuka(m): 10:33pm On Apr 27, 2013
eko ilee:

How much is this income you are talking about if I may ask?
Lagos gets about 30 billion every month and enugu for example gets about 3 billion. Compare projects done solely from govt coffers in both states. Remember lagos is the smallest state in terms of land mass, which is an advantage. If lagos were niger state, i bet you, this noise about fashola wont be heard
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by igchuka(m): 10:36pm On Apr 27, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut:

Chuka, Id like you to tell us what state ure from...

Now, u can get in a debate with Eko Ile and co by comparing your state gov to theirs.
I dont need to compare my state, first lagos is a former capital. That is why i said on a level playing ground, lagos is not the best
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by igchuka(m): 10:43pm On Apr 27, 2013
eko ilee:

But other governors or states with 2-5 million population like Akwa Ibom have more money than Lagos. Akway Ibom spent over N600 billion in 2012 while Lagos with 20 million people spent N485 billion.

For 2013, Lagos state's budget is N490 Billion while Akwa Ibom is N457 billion plus the extra N80 he asked for last week = 457 + 80= 537 billion.

@ N537 billion, this is the largest budget in Nigeria and the year is barely halfway.

So tell me, apart from private jet, luxury armored Mercedes Benz vans, free money here and there, free luxury jeeps to celebrities and wedding in Dubai, what exactly are the people of Akwa Ibom getting for the largest spending by any state in the history of Nigeria?
If you notice most of d governors listed as best always have an advantage. For example; lagos- former capital, akwa ibom and rivers- oil. Lets compare all governor on a level ground, then we will know the best. How many times have you heard that new york city governor is the best in usa.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by emmatok(m): 10:47pm On Apr 27, 2013
ig.chuka:

Lagos is just riding on the advantage given to them by the mistake the FG made many years ago which they are now paying for. And the mistake is concentration of infrastructure and development in one place, at the detriment of other states. On a level playing field, it will amaze you the governors that will be rated higher than fashola.

Story story, I am 100% sure you just Came to Lagos.

Lagos was once the dirtiest city on earth. Even when the FCT was in Lagos.

Now you can spot the difference.

Look Lagos has been developing before Nigeria came in existence.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by ekoilee: 10:47pm On Apr 27, 2013
ig.chuka:

I dont need to compare my state, first lagos is a former capital. That is why i said on a level playing ground, lagos is not the best

This helped Lagos in what way exactly?

Human capacity, commerce and industries developed Lagos state way before the existence of Nigeria as a sovereign country.. Lagos was a developed state before it became your federal capital and federal presence in Lagos state was a disaster because many functional infrastructure in Lagos state was neglected and let rot through out their stay in Lagos and even after till today so what exactly are you talking about?
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by ekoilee: 10:55pm On Apr 27, 2013
ig.chuka:

If you notice most of d governors listed as best always have an advantage. For example; lagos- former capital, akwa ibom and rivers- oil. Lets compare all governor on a level ground, then we will know the best. How many times have you heard that new york city governor is the best in usa.

Now you are switching?

Lagos state's federal allocation is 10 billion per month and IGR is around 20 billion.

If you need highter IGR, work on your tax collection game, but if allocation is what you are talking about...see below

Lagos/20 Million people

Enugu/3 million people

So you want 3 million people to collect more than 20 million people?

Is this the meaning of your upside down level playing field or you just don't know the meaning of level playing field?
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Afam4evaIsASlut: 10:59pm On Apr 27, 2013
ig.chuka:

Please, keep you comparisons within your community. Some people hate to be associated with filth.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Curiouscity(m): 11:16pm On Apr 27, 2013
eko ilee: 1. Your initial comment started with. Do private establishments like banks, hotels and malls take permission from FG b4 installing CCTV?

But there is a huge difference between private domains and entities like banks , hotels, malls and public spaces where governments regulate.

2. You also asked or insinuated that the state is trying to blame other people for their misfortunes which means you either did not read and understand the article because the state clearly stated what transpired from the begging and then present situation.

3. Obviously, Lagos state initiated the project and built up the basic infrastructures like monitoring stations and command centers before the federal government stepped in to do attache by asking the Lagos state government to stop actions on their project because they are coming in to install thousands of CCTV even though they didn't have any plan or road map in place, their police and CCTV contracts are still mired in incompetency and controversy back in Abuja.

4. It is very clear that the Lagos sate government have the capacity to do their own thing without the obstructive FG attache and distractions hence the state going ahead with their basic infrastructures for the program like command centers all over the state.

5. What the state is concerned about here is duplication of resources, equipment and redundancy, this is why they wrote the FG to find out what the deal is, but eventually, I see the state going it alone regardless like they did in other cases.

I still stand by my initial comment about your post.

I am happy U are now bringing points rather than sentiments and name calling. Nice!!

You answered my 1st and last post and forgot to address these 2 points:

If yes, we need to redefine our democracy.

If no, why does LSG need permission to install them?

My point is in a full democracy, states need no permission to install CCTV on their states which calls for the question is Nigeria a federation.
Don't always get too defensive in any argument. Rather, be objective and view things from both your side and your opponents side. If we must survive as a country, then we must engage each other on why we must exist together or otherwise. We can't do that discussion/debate with emotions and name callings. The consistent attempt by our elites/politicians to for their points of view on the masses is what is keeping us where we are today.

Peace
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by ekoilee: 11:26pm On Apr 27, 2013
Curious_city:

I am happy U are now bringing points rather than sentiments and name calling. Nice!!

You answered my 1st and last post and forgot to address these 2 points:

My point is in a full democracy, states need no permission to install CCTV on their states which calls for the question is Nigeria a federation. [s]
Don't always get too defensive in any argument. Rather, be objective and view things from both your side and your opponents side. If we must survive as a country, then we must engage each other on why we must exist together or otherwise. We can't do that discussion/debate with emotions and name callings. The consistent attempt by our elites/politicians to for their points of view on the masses is what is keeping us where we are today.

Peace[/s]

The state have installed may cameras and equipped command centers without asking anybody for permission so why all of a sudden they need permission to do what they are already doing? It makes no sense.

Again, reading and comprehension failed you. This is not about permission and they are not asking for permission unless asking the federal government to update them about their intentions regarding the project means permission to you.

And about the rest of your comment, please save all that. Just read and comprehend before jumping into discussions..
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by tatosh: 12:27am On Apr 28, 2013
Acidosis:

I know you guys are desperately in need of a 'country' to be called LAGOS grin

No matter how hard you try, you'll remain in Nigeria.. rulled by the F.G, controlled by the F.G and treated like any other Nigerian state.. cool grin You can't change that; you can't beat that.

Just because your tribe, your person, your brother is not on seat doesn't mean you can do whatever...

That reminds me, I hope your governor have settled scores with the Nigerian army? I learnt he wanted to fight them the last time The PRESIDENT of THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC GCFR gave the army an order to control the hooligans on the streets?? grin
grin

Dis acidosis is a Nonentity... I rest my case
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Dibiachukwu: 1:12am On Apr 28, 2013
Why hasn't there been a reform in Nigerian police, despite its serious shortcomings; as evidenced in various mobings, armed robbery and terrorism in this country. FG should learn from lagos jo. I stand with ACN (not Tinubu or buharia) on this. FG reform the police. We are dying like chicken and it is very disgraceful.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by ewet: 10:46am On Apr 28, 2013
LASG dont make these silly excuses at least you caan install yours on state roads and even federal roads.I do not thn k we can eva have too many cameras.The more the better.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by OurYansh: 11:40am On Apr 28, 2013
Aside drinking OGOGORO and eating plantain in Aso rock, what else does GEJ know how to do?
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by igchuka(m): 3:44pm On Apr 28, 2013
eko ilee:

Now you are switching?

Lagos state's federal allocation is 10 billion per month and IGR is around 20 billion.

If you need highter IGR, work on your tax collection game, but if allocation is what you are talking about...see below

Lagos/20 Million people

Enugu/3 million people

So you want 3 million people to collect more than 20 million people?

Is this the meaning of your upside down level playing field or you just don't know the meaning of level playing field?

I mean total income both internal revenue and fg allowance. If enugu has 3 billion for 3 million people, lagos has 30 billion for 20 million people that if lagos population is up to that amount, so lagos has more resources than enugu when you compare the population against total income.
Enugu: 3m people=3b
Lagos: 18m people = 18b.
Lagos has extra 12. So i hope you get my point
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by igchuka(m): 3:48pm On Apr 28, 2013
emmatok:

Story story, I am 100% sure you just Came to Lagos.

Lagos was once the dirtiest city on earth. Even when the FCT was in Lagos.

Now you can spot the difference.

Look Lagos has been developing before Nigeria came in existence.
Pls stop deceiving your self, am not new to lagos for your information. FG developed lagos, sea port, airpost, bridges. Till now fg has built more bridges in lag than the state govt, most of the infrastructure on ground were put there by fg or individuals
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by igchuka(m): 3:51pm On Apr 28, 2013
eko ilee:

This helped Lagos in what way exactly?

Human capacity, commerce and industries developed Lagos state way before the existence of Nigeria as a sovereign country.. Lagos was a developed state before it became your federal capital and federal presence in Lagos state was a disaster because many functional infrastructure in Lagos state was neglected and let rot through out their stay in Lagos and even after till today so what exactly are you talking about?

Please how has being the federal capital territory not helped abuja? If you can answer that then, you have answered your question. Its like saying abuja was already developed before it became the capital
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by igchuka(m): 3:54pm On Apr 28, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut:

Please, keep you comparisons within your community. Some people hate to be associated with filth.
I am just trying to make a point, so dont get me wrong. Is lagos the only state that has been transformed?
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by ekoilee: 5:58pm On Apr 28, 2013
ig.chuka:

Please how has being the federal capital territory not helped abuja? If you can answer that then, you have answered your question. Its like saying abuja was already developed before it became the capital

Your post showed lack of historical knowledge regarding both places and you need to first educate yourself in that area before getting into any kind of conversation about both places.

Do they still teach history and social studies i Nigerian schools?
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by ekoilee: 6:00pm On Apr 28, 2013
ig.chuka:

I mean total income both internal revenue and fg allowance. If enugu has 3 billion for 3 million people, lagos has 30 billion for 20 million people that if lagos population is up to that amount, so lagos has more resources than enugu when you compare the population against total income.
Enugu: 3m people=3b
Lagos: 18m people = 18b.
Lagos has extra 12. So i hope you get my point

Please stop, you are making zero sense...
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by igchuka(m): 11:07pm On Apr 28, 2013
eko ilee:

Your post showed lack of historical knowledge regarding both places and you need to first educate yourself in that area before getting into any kind of conversation about both places.

Do they still teach history and social studies i Nigerian schools?

Pls enlighten me since you know it all.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by peruso: 2:50am On Apr 29, 2013
iykak47: The truth is that Lagos state is not ready to install security cameras. When did Fashola start taking order from Abuja?
Blaming FG for his shortcoming is irritating and childish.

If Fashola installs security cameras in Lagos, will federal government destroy them?

Yes it is very obvious that you are naive but must you come here and show it?
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by ekoilee: 3:12am On Apr 29, 2013
ig.chuka:

Pls enlighten me since you know it all.

I'll pass, go back to elementary school and I hope they still teach social studies and civic education.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 03, 2013
emmatok:

My friend think b4 you comment.

Is Ondo part of SS.

You people always think about oil and SS.
The SW has abundant hydrocarbon reserve.

Also remember AWO developed the SW with agriculture.
guy think b4 u talk,hw many oil do ondo produce,90% of 9ja oil is 4rm akwaibom,rivers,bayelsa,delta...I knw thr are hydro carbon must especially in lagos but it is stil abundant in south south.Nofin dat sw has dat ss dnt av,we av cocoa,rice,rubber,coal,palm oil,n d rest.South south can neva get poor even wit out oil.They av vry gud soil 4 agriculture....If 9ja is divided 2day,ss wil b ahead of sw in big margin...Is it seaport or internaltional airport dat we dnt av?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fresh N10bn NHIS Scam: Buhari Presidency Stinks, Has No Honour Left- PDP / Sign Minimum Wage Bill Now, Labour Tells Buhari / Peter Obi Supporters Should Act Like Peter Obi In Behaviour - Amaka Ogunjobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.