Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled (14222 Views)

April 11 Polls: 18,000 Security Personnel Deployed To Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara / 8,000 Security Personnel Mobilised In Sokoto For Saturday’s Guber Elections / Lagos Installs 10,000 Security Cameras. Feds Installed 121 In Lagos, Abuja, Ph. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Acidosis(m): 7:37am On Apr 27, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
What are you on about? Is it the criminal vigilantes that dot the landscape of Nigeria that are now more experienced in the use of cctv? I have just explained to you that it is not necessarily the NPF that would be operating these cctv, rather they would need their output to help them police the state. What has this got to do with importation of cctv?

Its not just about the 'material cctv' but the idea...
haba!
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by OmoTier1(m): 7:37am On Apr 27, 2013
Acidosis:

I know you guys are desperately in need of a 'country' to be called LAGOS grin

No matter how hard you try, you'll remain in Nigeria.. rulled by the F.G, controlled by the F.G and treated like any other Nigerian state.. cool grin You can't change that; you can't beat that.

Just because your tribe, your person, your brother is not on seat doesn't mean you can do whatever...

That reminds me, I hope your governor have settled scores with the Nigerian army? I learnt he wanted to fight them the last time The PRESIDENT of THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC GCFR gave the army an order to control the hooligans on the streets?? grin
grin
There is room and a bed space for you at YABA LEFT...You will get a VIP treatment okay.. cool

2 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Nobody: 7:47am On Apr 27, 2013
Am not against the installation of cctv cameras o! My problem is how safe is the cctv cameras gonna be ? with the current insecurity problems in Lagos and the menace of urchins,will the FG specifically employ people to secure them? Is it gonna be the responsibility of the police to secure the cameras? I also fear for that the maintenance culture of any project being executed by the FG is always a problem and might affect this laudable project . what assurance is there to make sure this would not be another failed project? I think it's best for the LASG to handle the project for proper effectiveness. FG must not handle the installation just to tell Lagosians that they are working. Jonathan must not politicize everything.

2 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Acidosis(m): 7:50am On Apr 27, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
There is room and a bed space for you at YABA LEFT ...You will get a VIP treatment okay.. cool
Where is that? Is that the cctv control room? grin

Its funny, how guys in desperate need of a developed 'Nigeria' do not even see themselves as 'Nigerians'. Its more than this cctv thing. How can a government rule succesfully when some people desperately need division?
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by OmoTier1(m): 7:50am On Apr 27, 2013
Acidosis:

Its not just about the 'material cctv' but the idea...
haba!
You are not making sense! Any developed city today uses a multi complex approach to security and cctv has been proven to help in crime prevention, investigation and resolution in some of the worlds best cities. If the idea works elsewhere, why can't we copy such, refine it and make it work for us too? It is foolhardy to try and reinvent the wheel... No matter how hard you try, the clock would always tick rightly all the way around from right to left... You ain't changing that today..get the saying cool

1 Like

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by tarryT(m): 7:50am On Apr 27, 2013
I was about to drink garr*, when LASG contacted me that they are interested in my G4...

Have been waitin for LASG to join me, now my garr* don spoil.. I blame LASG..

Soure: eko atlantic.

1 Like

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by chidexy(m): 7:50am On Apr 27, 2013
The excuse(s) given by the Lagos State Govt is/are lame. Is the installation of CCTV cameras the exclusive reserve of the FG? The few CCTV already installed (as claimed by Eko Atlantic and Omo Tier and are being monitored at the security command center) had no objections from the FG, so why the statewide coverage?

LaSG should be more forthcoming. However, CCTV cameras should not be installed without first enacting an enabling law to protect the privacy of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by OmoTier1(m): 7:52am On Apr 27, 2013
Acidosis:
Where is that? Is that the cctv control room? grin

Its funny, how guys in desperate need of a developed 'Nigeria' do not even see themselves as 'Nigerians'. Its more than this cctv thing. How can a government rule succesfully when some people desperately need division?
Even here in the UK, there is division, squabble and political grandstanding on all sides. That is part of the human nature, however what is pertinent here is in all of the squabble, the value placed on protection and safeguard of the human is high and the government at the centre sees it as their do or die battle to ensure the safety of her people is guaranteed.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by EkoAtlantic: 7:56am On Apr 27, 2013
Acidosis:

No matter how hard you try, you'll remain in Nigeria.. rulled by the F.G, controlled by the F.G and treated like any other Nigerian state.. cool grin You can't change that; you can't beat that.

Just because your tribe, your person, your brother is not on seat doesn't mean you can do whatever...

That reminds me, I hope your governor have settled scores with the Nigerian army? I learnt he wanted to fight them the last time The PRESIDENT of THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC GCFR gave the army an order to control the hooligans on the streets?? grin
grin

grin grin sure thing, not just Lagos but all Yoruba states cheesy there are better ways to go about it than just fighting like those of 'yesteryears' who went on suicide mission grin .
Kogite, time don reach to commot nairaland. I get things to do man, I don port commot. cheesy
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by OmoTier1(m): 8:00am On Apr 27, 2013
chidexy: The excuse(s) given by the Lagos State Govt is/are lame. Is the installation of CCTV cameras the exclusive reserve of the FG? The few CCTV already installed (as claimed by Eko Atlantic and Omo Tier and are being monitored at the security command center) had no objections from the FG, so why the statewide coverage?

LaSG should be more forthcoming. However, CCTV cameras should not be installed without first enacting an enabling law to protect the privacy of Nigerians.

Why not educate yourself a little and realise much of those ground work have been done and the extant of the relevant laws today is sufficient, though as a society that yarns for improvement, refinements will be required.

The already installed cctv was a pilot project. The plan was to roll out in full once the pilot demonstration has highlighted areas of improvement or a redefining of the scope of the project. The FG's non cooperative attitude is getting this project completed as planned is unacceptable. The average Nigerian does not care whether it is ACN, CPC, PDP, ANPP that keeps them safe, all they want is to be protected by the government by keeping the bad guys away from the streets and any tier of government that come up with ideas to make this happen should be encouraged. After all, in Edo State, the government there have supported the neighbourhood community policing initiated by LG councils in collaboration with the NPF and some places in Benin today are safe because of this laudable initiative.

Common sense would dictate to you that the state governments are best at leading from the front on projects like these at they know the land better than the FG.Hence, FG should be collaborating with LASG to ensure speedy completion of this project. .

2 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Kairoseki77: 8:02am On Apr 27, 2013
Acidosis:

grin

Shameful tribalism and jealousy.

It's not Fashola's fault that the Governor of your state doesn't care about you. If you let jealousy blind you, we will never develop as a nation. Every time Naija gets a successful Governor, someone else will pull him down out of jealousy that he is not from their tribe, or religion, or region, or party, or whatever. It doesn't make sense...because then we all lose.

I am 100% sure that the goons in the FG that are frustrating this project are doing so out of spite and jealousy, most likely because of the the insecurity in their own home state.

Sometimes I think Nigerians are SCARED of Fashola. Deathly afraid.
We are used to failure and mediocrity, so we welcome it. It feels good, and familiar, so we defend it. Success (and progress!) is uncommon, so we fear it.

We are too scared of the country Fashola would create, so we don't even attack him....we ignore him.

11 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by nameo: 8:08am On Apr 27, 2013
Am actually tired and fed up of this constant noise making and Propaganda by the LASG and many ACN States. It is no longer funny joor. Stop blaming all your misfortunes on the FG. I hate noisemaking.

I am aware that hundreds of CCTV cameras have already been deployed in Lagos, a project been handled by the FG which is still going on. Why not wait for the project to complete or tell the FG to fasten up the project.

1 Like

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by ekoilee: 8:12am On Apr 27, 2013
nameo:
[s]Am actually tired and fed up of this constant noise making and Propaganda by the LASG and many ACN States. It is no longer funny joor. Stop blaming all your misfortunes on the FG. I hate noisemaking.

I am aware that hundreds of CCTV cameras have already been deployed in Lagos, a project been handled by the FG which is still going on. Why not wait for the project to complete or tell the FG to fasten up the project.[/s]

What a senseless rant...

1 Like

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by chidexy(m): 8:13am On Apr 27, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Why not educate yourself a little and realise much of those ground work have been done and the extant of the relevant laws today is sufficient, though as a society that yarns for improvement, refinements will be required.

The already installed cctv was a pilot project. The plan was to roll out in full once the pilot demonstration has highlighted areas of improvement or a redefining of the scope of the project. The FG's non cooperative attitude is getting this project completed as planned is unacceptable. The average Nigerian does not care whether it is ACN, CPC, PDP, ANPP that keeps them safe, all they want is to be protected by the government by keeping the bad guys away from the streets and any tier of government that come up with ideas to make this happen should be encouraged. After all, in Edo State, the government there have supported the neighbourhood community policing initiated by LG councils in collaboration with the NPF and some places in Benin today are safe because of this laudable initiative.

Common sense would dictate to you that the state governments are best at leading from the front on projects like these at they know the land better than the FG.Hence, FG should be collaborating with LASG to ensure speedy completion of this project. .

@Omo_Tier1, I have no problems with your submission and my argument is not on the merit or otherwise of installing CCTV Cameras to help in checkmating criminals. What I don't understand is the lame argument given in the original article as published by the Punch Newspapers on why the FG is ostensibly against the state government carrying on with the project with its own funds. hence my question on the rights of the state government to install CCTV cameras. Is it the exclusive reserve of the FG (according to our existing laws)? If it's not, then the reasons given by the LaSG are lame, to say the least
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Acidosis(m): 8:14am On Apr 27, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

grin grin sure thing, not just Lagos but all Yoruba states cheesy there are better ways to go about it than just fighting like those of 'yesteryears' who went on suicide mission grin .
Kogite, time don reach to commot nairaland. I get things to do man, I don port commot. cheesy
hahahahahahha... port oo.. grin na u sabi grin
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Kairoseki77: 8:22am On Apr 27, 2013
chidexy:

@Omo_Tier1, I have no problems with your submission and my argument is not on the merit or otherwise of installing CCTV Cameras to help in checkmating criminals. What I don't understand is the lame argument given in the original article as published by the Punch Newspapers on why the FG is ostensibly against the state government carrying on with the project with its own funds. hence my question on the rights of the state government to install CCTV cameras. Is it the exclusive reserve of the FG (according to our existing laws)? If it's not, then the reasons given by the LaSG are lame, to say the least

I can think of a few reasons why the FG would threaten the LASG so that this project doesn't succeed:

1. FG has already 'shared' the contract money for the CCTV's
2. FG doesn't want crime to stop in Lagos, because some godfather's businesses would be affected
3. FG sees the ACN government in Lagos as an obstacle and is frustrating the government for politics
4. FG wants to install the CCTV's to take credit for the project, but is too incompetent and lazy to actually complete the project
5. FG goons are jealous that Lagos is peaceful, getting investment, and that it is progressing

The FG has done worse things, for much less reason. I would not be surprised if some of those five are the true reasons.

3 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by PointB: 8:23am On Apr 27, 2013
Chidexy hit the bullseye in this debate when he raised the issue of enabling law. CCTV will certainly help in detection and resolution of crimes, it can also prevent it. But it is important to have a nationwide approach on how to go about the proliferations. The issue of privacy, data protection, storage and retrieval procedure has to be articulated in a CCTV governing law.

Rather that the LASG to continue passing the blame to FG, it could get it's ACN lawmakers to push for a CCTV law at the NA that will support their position. I personnally dont want some ACN/APC/PDP thugs laying their dirty hands on my CCTV data willy nilly.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Kairoseki77: 8:30am On Apr 27, 2013
PointB: Chidexy hit the bullseye in this debate when he raised the issue of enabling law. CCTV will certainly help in detection and resolution of crimes, it can also prevent it. But it is important to have a nationwide approach on how to go about the proliferations. The issue of privacy, data protection, storage and retrieval procedure has to be articulated in a CCTV governing law.

Rather that the LASG to continue passing the blame to FG, it could get it's ACN lawmakers to push for a CCTV law at the NA that will support their position. I personnally dont want some ACN/APC/PDP thugs laying their dirty hands on my CCTV data willy nilly.

Why? States cannot make their own laws now?

Each state is made up of adults. The State Governments don't need the FG to hold their hand for everything.

1 Like

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by OmoTier1(m): 8:41am On Apr 27, 2013
chidexy:

Maybe you should ask yourself why did the FG ask LASG in the first instance to put a hold on their cctv project? Would it not have been wise for the FG to set up an implementation cross government committee within the relevant ministry to work with the state government to harmonise both projects and ensure it is completed to scope? As for exclusive right of the FG to install cctv, I am not entirely sure if this is the case, however, the special status of Lagos could mean there is a statue that give FG this right, I need to research this further myself. However, like I said, no Nigerian cases which government or party keeps them safe, so long as they are safe, any idea or project that would enhance this safety needs the support and effectiveness of all involved to bring the project to fruition.

I am sure if the LASG had the power enshrined in law to proceed with the installation of the cctv, that would have long been done.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by chidexy(m): 8:45am On Apr 27, 2013
Michaeljones36:

I can think of a few reasons why the FG would threaten the LASG so that this project doesn't succeed:

1. FG has already 'shared' the contract money for the CCTV's
2. FG doesn't want crime to stop in Lagos, because some godfather's businesses would be affected
3. FG sees the ACN government in Lagos as an obstacle and is frustrating the government for politics
4. FG wants to install the CCTV's to take credit for the project, but is too incompetent and lazy to actually complete the project
5. FG goons are jealous that Lagos is peaceful, getting investment, and that it is progressing

The FG has done worse things, for much less reason. I would not be surprised if some of those five are the true reasons.

@Michaeljones36,

I wasn't asking about individual and subjective reasons why the FG "could" be against the LaSG on this particular issue. I asked some pertinent questions: Is it exclusively reserved in our constitution and laws, that the issue of cctv installation be handled by the FG? If yes, then the state govt would have been aware of it ab initio, but if no, then there's no reason on their part to discontinue with their project or to be directed by the FG to stop further expansion of the programme they already have on ground.

As you rightly asked
Michaeljones36: Why? States cannot make their own laws now? Each state is made up of adults. The State Governments don't need the FG to hold their hand for everything.
, the state govt should be able to make their own laws, but that law has to be made first (reasons, refer to PointB earlier post) before the CCTVs are installed
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 27, 2013
This report and the responses of ACN foot solders so far is shocking. When will these confused ACN e-warriors and their masters stop speaking from both sides of the mouth?

Precisely on the 9th of March 2013, a Nlander created a thread titled "Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos??" https://www.nairaland.com/1220415/anyone-noticed-city-wide-cctv

The opening statement on that thread was:

"I have noticed that lagos is getting it right in terms of security.....i have been driving around lagos and noticed the numerous cctv cameras positioned at almost every major road and corners in lagos and being monitored online real time from the network operating centers....giving the security operatives a good hold on thecity.....any robbery or crime that takes place in the city will be contained in mins.

No wonder the recent bank robbery on thursday at zenithbank abule egba was foiled inmins and the whole eight robbers fully armed arrested"- billante ( m ): 8:47pm

On that same thread, the ACN e-warriors led by @Omo_Tier1..,Kuroji..,seanet01...,et al laboured tirelessly to prove to us how Fashola installed 10,000 CCTV cameras in Lagos and how we should bow down and worship Fashola.

That was 9th of March 2013. Now fast forward to today. The same ACN e-cockroaches are on this thread telling us how FG stopped Fashola from installing 10,000 CCTV cameras in Lagos. Ladies and gentlemen, this is another instance of clear double speak from a confused set of people. Which do we believe now?

Assuming today's report is true, if the state govt knew the FG had the powers (legally) to stop it from executing the project, why didn't it get the needed clearance or collaboration before going public with project?

Why is the ACN state governors always having this competition mentality with the FG? Why play politics with everything? Why always ACN controlled states? The same Good governance tour that was rejected by ACN controlled states has been to APGA and CPC controlled states and are presently in Zamfara state, an ANPP controlled state. Why always ACN states? The governor of Akwa- Ibom, Rivers and many other opposition controlled states in the north have tarred several federal roads without MEDIA NOISE. Why is that of ACN controlled states always associated with squabbles and MEDIA NOISE?

My impression is that ACN governors have competition mentality with regards to their relationship with FG. That is wrong. These are two different tiers of govt with clearly defined responsibilities that should collaborate to deliver services to the people

10 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by ekoilee: 8:53am On Apr 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: [s]This report and the responses of ACN foot solders so far is shocking. When will these confused ACN e-warriors and their masters stop speaking from both sides of the mouth?

Precisely on the 9th of March 2013, a Nlander created a thread titled "Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos??" https://www.nairaland.com/1220415/anyone-noticed-city-wide-cctv

"I have noticed that lagos is getting it right in terms of security.....i have been driving around lagos and noticed the numerous cctv cameras positioned at almost every major road and corners in lagos and being monitored online real time from the network operating centers....giving the security operatives a good hold on thecity.....any robbery or crime that takes place in the city will be contained in mins.

No wonder the recent bank robbery on thursday at zenithbank abule egba was foiled inmins and the whole eight robbers fully armed arrested"- billante ( m ): 8:47pm

On that same thread, the ACN e-warriors led by @Omo_Tier1..,Kuroji..,seanet01...,et al laboured tirelessly to prove to us how Fashola installed 10,000 CCTV cameras in Lagos and how we should bow down and worship Fashola.

That was 9th of March 2013. Now fast forward to today. The same ACN e-cockroaches are on this thread telling us how FG stopped Fashola from installing 10,000 CCTV cameras in Lagos. Ladies and gentlemen, this is another instance of clear double speak from a confused set of people. Which do we believe now?

Assuming today's report is true, if the state govt knew the FG had the powers (legally) to stop it from executing the project, why didn't it get the needed clearance or collaboration before going public with project?

Why is the ACN state governors always having this competition mentality with the FG? Why play politics with everything? Why always ACN controlled states? The same Good governance tour that was rejected by ACN controlled states has been to APGA and CPC controlled states and are presently in Zamfara state, an ANPP controlled state. Why always ACN states? The governor of Akwa- Ibom, Rivers and many other opposition controlled states in the north have tarred several federal roads without MEDIA NOISE. Why is that of ACN controlled states always associated with squabbles and MEDIA NOISE?

My impression is that ACN governors have competition mentality with regards to their relationship with FG. That is wrong. These are two different tiers of govt with clearly defined responsibilities that should collaborate to deliver services to the people[/s]

Boring ashole rock laptop regurgitation...

2 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by chidexy(m): 8:55am On Apr 27, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Maybe you should ask yourself why did the FG ask LASG in the first instance to put a hold on their cctv project? Would it not have been wise for the FG to set up an implementation cross government committee within the relevant ministry to work with the state government to harmonise both projects and ensure it is completed to scope? As for exclusive right of the FG to install cctv, I am not entirely sure if this is the case, however, the special status of Lagos could mean there is a statue that give FG this right, I need to research this further myself. However, like I said, no Nigerian cases which government or party keeps them safe, so long as they are safe, any idea or project that would enhance this safety needs the support and effectiveness of all involved to bring the project to fruition.

I am sure if the LASG had the power enshrined in law to proceed with the installation of the cctv, that would have long been done.

Oga Omo_Tier1, the highlighted refer: I have asked myself that question severally, and yet to find a reasonable answer. I assume that the FG directive that the Lagos State Govt halt further roll out of the CCTV cameras should have come with the relevant reasons (supported by law of course), strong enough to have made the state govt to stop. Methinks that the State agencies should have liaised with the FG to address some of their concerns.

At the end of the day, CCTV may not really be the solution to our security challenges (might help) since we do not have a database of our citizens
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by OmoTier1(m): 8:58am On Apr 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: This report and the responses of ACN foot solders so far is shocking. When will these confused ACN e-warriors and their masters stop speaking from both sides of the mouth?

My impression is that ACN governors have competition mentality with regards to their relationship with FG. That is wrong. These are two different tiers of govt with clearly defined responsibilities that should collaborate to deliver services to the people
When will you for once use your senses rightly? The very article you posted talked about Fashola's procurement and planned installation of the reminder of these cctvs, and you bogusly lay claim that GEJ was responsible for the cctv which was a Blatant lie!

You are not ashamed to mention the fraudulent GGT? What has changed in the quality of life of Nigerians since Maku and His criminal fellow embarked on this nonsensical tour? What new information have we learnt about Nigeria that we did not already? What development projects by the state government that wasn't in the glare of the people that GGT has brought to fore?

Get some senses and advice your weakling GEJ to do what is right by collapsing His bogus and copycat cctv project into that of Lagos State government and speedily release funds for completion. Lagos is not Bayelsa where creek gods reign sway over the citizens, we do business with the world in day light and we want to protect these partners in development by ensuring their safety anytime they visit Lagos. Okay.

8 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by joe4christ(m): 8:59am On Apr 27, 2013
Acidosis:

You people just open your mouth and insult F.G.
Who will manage the cctv? is it not the same "incompetent" Nigerian Police Force in Lagos? Who employed the NPF? Fashola??
Can Fashola employ all the F.G workers in Lagos? What is a state without the F.G?
If the F.G withdraw/sack all F.G staff in Lagos, don't you think you and your Fashola are doomed??

The refusal of you and your Fashola to remain loyal will cost you guys so many things. You are not the only ACN state... Edo state governor is also working but we never hear bad stories and complains from Oshiomole..

You guys need to ask yourselves, "what is wrong with us?"
Did F.G complained when he banned okada?
cctv has to do with security! Peoples lives are NOT safe if that thing is not managed effectively! Don't be a dummy! you think Nigeria and Nigerians is Fashola's property?? you must be a dreamer!

Seeing your post, i was tempted to ask you if u loaned out your brain on credit?
Or is it that u reason through your a.nus
Do you even reason attall to have posted that crap of a comment.
I'm highly dissapointed in you being a nigerian with a shallow mind.
Damn you!

2 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Acidosis(m): 9:01am On Apr 27, 2013
Michaeljones36:

Shameful tribalism and jealousy.

It's not Fashola's fault that the Governor of your state doesn't care about you. If you let jealousy blind you, we will never develop as a nation. Every time Naija gets a successful Governor, someone else will pull him down out of jealousy that he is not from their tribe, or religion, or region, or party, or whatever. It doesn't make sense...because then we all lose.

I am 100% sure that the goons in the FG that are frustrating this project are doing so out of spite and jealousy, most likely because of the the insecurity in their own home state.

Sometimes I think Nigerians are SCARED of Fashola. Deathly afraid.
We are used to failure and mediocrity, so we welcome it. It feels good, and familiar, so we defend it. Success (and progress!) is uncommon, so we fear it.

We are too scared of the country Fashola would create, so we don't even attack him....we ignore him.

wow! so fashola (acn) is the only 'working' governor?

lmao!!

We never even jealous Godswill Akpabio.... hahahhaha. Despite the uncommon transformation in the state smiley

Whats the big deal if your governor is spending part of the state's money for the state? grin Is that a favour or what?

You also talk like Lagosians are not part of F.G grin who are the "F.Gs" ? dem be hausas and igbos abi? grin

May be you should start blaming the figure headed clowns representing your various constituences, and those in the respective ministries for killing the dreams of your fellow kinsmen
grin
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by OmoTier1(m): 9:03am On Apr 27, 2013
chidexy:

Oga Omo_Tier1, the highlighted refer: I have asked myself that question severally, and yet to find a reasonable answer. I assume that the FG directive that the Lagos State Govt halt further roll out of the CCTV cameras should have come with the relevant reasons (supported by law of course), strong enough to have made the state govt to stop. Methinks that the State agencies should have liaised with the FG to address some of their concerns.

At the end of the day, CCTV may not really be the solution to our security challenges (might help) since we do not have a database of our citizens
It will be fool hardy for anyone to think cctv will be the solution to our security challenge! Absolutely not, that is why side by side rapid development and provision of basic amenities as well as jobs, the LASG is embarking on securing the prosperity of the people by investing in cctvs which will help the security agencies in their tour of duty.

When the police are given such tool to work with, and citizens help by reporting crime promptly, the rate of crime prevention would improve and more people will think twice before engaging in crime.

I reiterate, the cctv in themselves would not solve crime but, they will enhance the quality of operations of the security agencies and help them to further enhance the safety of the citizens.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Acidosis(m): 9:09am On Apr 27, 2013
@Omo_Tier1..,Kuroji..,seanet01...,et al laboured tirelessly to prove to us how
Fashola installed 10,000 CCTV cameras in
Lagos and how we should bow down and
worship Fashola

hahshaahhaahahahahahagagahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
buhahahahhahaafagahahahahaha

iyaf scatter a wedding event with laughter oooooo grin grin

God bless u sincere Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by frederal(m): 9:14am On Apr 27, 2013
Enough to share but none to purchase cctv. Has Jonathan installed in his own state or u think there's no crime there. Every state needs cctv, not just Lagos.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by ekoilee: 9:15am On Apr 27, 2013
chidexy:

They did, but as usual, they didn't respond.

The fact is, they are not interested in any CCTV in Lagos state or the other places they mentioned, it's the same federal jealousy and feelings of insecurity against Lagos state and it didn't start with the current administration or with this CCTV project.

Somehow they feel incompetent every time Lagos initiates major projects and before you know, they either attache themselves into the situation, obstruct or distract. They did the same thing over 30 years ago with Lagos state's first Metro rail attempt, federal cancellation of that cost the state $80 million or a lot more on today's money, now 30 years later and with renewed determination, the state revived the project and the same federal government again tried to obstruct.

Imagine Metro rail in Lagos and in Nigeria 30 years ago.. we definitely wont be talking about bad roads and heavy traffic today. In fact I see metro rail in other states today, but we kill ourselves with bad and petty leadership all the time.

Same way they neglected Ikorodu road for decades, but the minute the Lagos state government mobilized to reconstruct that road, they showed up again to obstruct.

The Nigerian federal government is full of illiterates, backward and unpatriotic elements..

What a shame..

2 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by honeric01(m): 9:15am On Apr 27, 2013
And what do you expect from a failing government?
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Acidosis(m): 9:17am On Apr 27, 2013
joe4christ:

Seeing your post, i was tempted to ask you if u loaned out your brain on credit?
Or is it that u reason through your a.nus
Do you even reason attall to have posted that crap of a comment.
I'm highly dissapointed in you being a nigerian with a shallow mind.
Damn you!

shattap my friend..

It is clear to me now ....

What these goats meant by FEDERAL GOVERNMENT is PDP grin f00!s grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment / Borno Emirs Return To Palace, 2 Years After Fleeing Boko Haram Insurgents / Esther Obong-Egbuna, Sister E, Buried As Mrs Okorocha Consoles Her Kids

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.