Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,185 members, 7,811,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled (14220 Views)

April 11 Polls: 18,000 Security Personnel Deployed To Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara / 8,000 Security Personnel Mobilised In Sokoto For Saturday’s Guber Elections / Lagos Installs 10,000 Security Cameras. Feds Installed 121 In Lagos, Abuja, Ph. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 27, 2013
Security camara?C watin oil money dey do o.Fg don dey dash lag 2much money.Afta d oil producing state go dey surfa.How many oil lagos dey produces...I pity 4 9ja delta pple.Make una seat down look hw fg go carry una oil money dey develop abuja n lagos.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 27, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

grin grin sure thing, not just Lagos but all Yoruba states cheesy there are better ways to go about it than just fighting like those of 'yesteryears' who went on suicide mission grin .
Kogite, time don reach to commot nairaland. I get things to do man, I don port commot. cheesy
u think say lagos get money to survive on its own?90% of fg revenue is from d niger delta tru oil money,wat do lagos produce dat can yield billion of dollars in a day?D high revenue lagos are gettin is because of d major fg govt aided firms,companies,d sea port,air port dat yield money 2 d economy...,if nigeria is divided 2day,my dear lagos is as gud as finished.Most especially d SW region..,is it d money made from cassava dat is used 2 develop lagos?When 90% of d country's revenue is from cruide oil..,i even want make dem divide d country let ma region start 2 av 100% revenue from its oil.With out oil thr is no lagos.If u think of dividing the country import n export within usa wil end in lagos n it wil move to places like,calabar,rivers,akwa ibom...Ma guy,with out oil no lagos o.If u say u want 2 divide nigeria 2day it wil benefit d south south most,n it wil take lagos 30 more years 2 complete dat eko athlantic.Think b4 u comment.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by ekoilee: 3:54pm On Apr 27, 2013
^^^^^^^^^ Effects of low grade education.

2 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Curiouscity(m): 4:14pm On Apr 27, 2013
Do private establishments like banks, hotels and malls take permission from FG b4 installing CCTV?

If yes, we need to redefine our democracy.
If no, why does LSG need permission to install them?

Or is it a case of not knowing our rights, yet blaming others for our misfortune?
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 27, 2013
eko ilee: ^^^^^^^^^ Effects of low grade education.
i laugh..,
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 27, 2013
Curious_city: Do private establishments like banks, hotels and malls take permission from FG b4 installing CCTV?

Or is it a case of not knowing our rights, yet blaming others for our misfortune?
dnt mind dem.Dem 1 feel like say na dem get 9ja.Unserious pple.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by ekoilee: 4:24pm On Apr 27, 2013
Curious_city: Do private establishments like banks, hotels and malls take permission from FG b4 installing CCTV?

You obviously didn't pay any attention to reading and comprehension in elementary school...
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Dacore: 4:34pm On Apr 27, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
It will be fool hardy for anyone to think cctv will be the solution to our security challenge! Absolutely not, that is why side by side rapid development and provision of basic amenities as well as jobs, the LASG is embarking on securing the prosperity of the people by investing in cctvs which will help the security agencies in their tour of duty.

When the police are given such tool to work with, and citizens help by reporting crime promptly, the rate of crime prevention would improve and more people will think twice before engaging in crime.

I reiterate, the cctv in themselves would not solve crime but, they will enhance the quality of operations of the security agencies and help them to further enhance the safety of the citizens.

CCTV helps alot specially when talking about crime prevention and resolutions...but providing basic amenities as well as jobs is what is really going to cut down the crime rate. Most countries depend on CCTV to be able to resolve some types of crimes......lets hope this does not end up as a short term investment.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by TheMadame(f): 4:39pm On Apr 27, 2013
I feel there must be a proper/legal interpretation of the meaning of true federalism in Nigeria.
In a true and perfect Federal situation the government at the centre should give the states the freedom to implement policies for eachh state in line with the constitution,while the states should also allow the local government chairmen to run local government areas in line with the constitution,however all over Nigeria what we have is anti federalism.
A governor executes a project/projects and like an obedient pupil inviotes the principal/Federal government/Presido to come and launch it.

1 Like

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Curiouscity(m): 4:52pm On Apr 27, 2013
eko ilee:

You obviously didn't pay any attention to reading and comprehension in elementary school...

How do U know I even attended elementary school?

My guy, I was just asking a genuine question that could get anyone to think more about our pseudo-democracy.
Always make superior explanation and arguments but don't attack everyone that has a contrary opinion to yours.

Peace
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 27, 2013
nameo:
Am actually tired and fed up of this constant noise making and Propaganda by the LASG and many ACN States. It is no longer funny joor. Stop blaming all your misfortunes on the FG. I hate noisemaking.

I am aware that hundreds of CCTV cameras have already been deployed in Lagos, a project been handled by the FG which is still going on. Why not wait for the project to complete or tell the FG to fasten up the project.

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by basadenet: 6:53pm On Apr 27, 2013
Eko Atlantic: Is it not shameful when the Federal Government takes everything political?! Doing the wrong thing to prove superiority at the detriment of 'it' citizens. Drawing progressive minds back due to 'it' incompetence and lack of ideas...

http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-blocks-installation-of-10000-security-cameras-in-lagos/

But the Police Authority debunk this claim, so why blaming FG.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Goddex: 7:41pm On Apr 27, 2013
This opposition states in our south west are a bunch of liars and noisemakers. Who in the FG contacted and asked LASG to stop installation? Instead of making wild claims about FG, why was the article shy from pinpointing particular FG officials that contacted them and asked them to stop?
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by ekoilee: 8:07pm On Apr 27, 2013
Curious_city:

How do U know I even attended elementary school?

Obviously, you asked the question because you lacked the capacity to read and comprehend simple English words in the article posted or you.

And if you didn't attend elementary school, that's double jeopardy for you...
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by ekoilee: 8:11pm On Apr 27, 2013
basadenet:

But the Police Authority debunk this claim, so why blaming FG.

They did so where and how?

And even if they did, it wont be the first time they pansied to their masters...
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Curiouscity(m): 9:07pm On Apr 27, 2013
eko ilee:

Obviously, you asked the question because you lacked the capacity to read and comprehend simple English words in the article posted or you.

And if you didn't attend elementary school, that's double jeopardy for you...

Quoting just one line of my post tells a lot about you. It is your fundamental human right to be one sided and rude, but your right stops where other's starts.

Look through all my posts here, I debate objectively and don't attack persons. I'm not one of those persons U engage in e-brawl. I am not a partisan politician or an ethnic bigot. I call a spade a spade. My initial questions, if well answered could have been in favor of LASG, but instead allowing others to answer the question, U wanted to tell me who passed elementary school and who didn't.
Only small minds with inferior arguments attack persons instead of convincing others with their points.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by igchuka(m): 9:23pm On Apr 27, 2013
iykak47: The truth is that Lagos state is not ready to install security cameras. When did Fashola start taking order from Abuja?
Blaming FG for his shortcoming is irritating and childish.

If Fashola installs security cameras in Lagos, will federal government destroy them?
I thought they said they dont need the federal govt, that they can do everything on their own. How come they are now waiting for FG
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by igchuka(m): 9:30pm On Apr 27, 2013
Michaeljones36: If GEJ was really serious about seeing Nigeria develop, he would step down and nominate Fashola for President.

If we are honest, he is the best politician in the nation. It will be a shame to lose him after 2015.
Not even tribalists and laptop dogs can attack Fashola, they are forced to attack Tinubu instead.

The only people against Fashola are tribalists and goons that are ashamed of the peace and progress in that state.
Pls dont compare the president of nigeria with a governor, it is never done. Do you know the name of new york's governor? But every one knows obama. Lagos can never, i repeat never fight against FG. If FG wants to pull lagos down it wont be hard.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by igchuka(m): 9:34pm On Apr 27, 2013
GeneralJ: I guess Jonathan is just too baffled and amazed by the Development in Lagos, and does not want to let Fash's Administration to be more ahead of him, in terms of actual development...
Pls stop deceiving yourself, there are a couple of governors doing better than fashola, if you have lived in lagos all your life, how would you know. I think lagos is over hyped. If you measure their income with work done against other governors then you will understand my point.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by emmatok(m): 9:36pm On Apr 27, 2013
Emmadani: u think say lagos get money to survive on its own?90% of fg revenue is from d niger delta tru oil money,wat do lagos produce dat can yield billion of dollars in a day?D high revenue lagos are gettin is because of d major fg govt aided firms,companies,d sea port,air port dat yield money 2 d economy...,if nigeria is divided 2day,my dear lagos is as gud as finished.Most especially d SW region..,is it d money made from cassava dat is used 2 develop lagos?When 90% of d country's revenue is from cruide oil..,i even want make dem divide d country let ma region start 2 av 100% revenue from its oil.With out oil thr is no lagos.If u think of dividing the country import n export within usa wil end in lagos n it wil move to places like,calabar,rivers,akwa ibom...Ma guy,with out oil no lagos o.If u say u want 2 divide nigeria 2day it wil benefit d south south most,n it wil take lagos 30 more years 2 complete dat eko athlantic.Think b4 u comment.

My friend think b4 you comment.

Is Ondo part of SS.

You people always think about oil and SS.
The SW has abundant hydrocarbon reserve.

Also remember AWO developed the SW with agriculture.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by igchuka(m): 9:39pm On Apr 27, 2013
the_ripper3: Is the FG stopping dem from fixing most of the bad roads in the state, at least the state roads.? Is there a work station for this CCTV camera. Everytin about ACN led lagos is always a we against them mentality. They should stop dis antagonistic mindset, it is unhealthy. Criticize wen need be but their goons on Nairaland and their party should know that Lagos State is a subset of Nigeria.
Dont mind them, that is way lagos will always find it hard to get anything from the national level, cos they are placing themselves where they are not. Just like the bill for new local govts, u dont expect other states to support you when you are feeling too big for them, and you need their votes to make that happen
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by igchuka(m): 9:48pm On Apr 27, 2013
Michaeljones36:

Shameful tribalism and jealousy.

It's not Fashola's fault that the Governor of your state doesn't care about you. If you let jealousy blind you, we will never develop as a nation. Every time Naija gets a successful Governor, someone else will pull him down out of jealousy that he is not from their tribe, or religion, or region, or party, or whatever. It doesn't make sense...because then we all lose.

I am 100% sure that the goons in the FG that are frustrating this project are doing so out of spite and jealousy, most likely because of the the insecurity in their own home state.

Sometimes I think Nigerians are SCARED of Fashola. Deathly afraid.
We are used to failure and mediocrity, so we welcome it. It feels good, and familiar, so we defend it. Success (and progress!) is uncommon, so we fear it.

We are too scared of the country Fashola would create, so we don't even attack him....we ignore him.
I repeat fashola is not the best governor in nigeria. If you can list just 100 projects executed solely from the govt coffers, then we will know who is the best, last has comparative advantage which other states dont have, we are not jealous, we just dont like the attitude of fashola towards the federal govt despite benefitting the most from the FG,
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by emmatok(m): 9:52pm On Apr 27, 2013
ig.chuka:

I repeat fashola is not the best governor in nigeria. If you can list just 100 projects executed solely from the govt coffers, then we will know who is the best, last has comparative advantage which other states dont have, we are not jealous, we just dont like the attitude of fashola towards the federal govt despite benefitting the most from the FG,

Why don't you other governors.

I know you will shout Okpabio hehe.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by ekoilee: 9:52pm On Apr 27, 2013
1. Your initial comment started with. Do private establishments like banks, hotels and malls take permission from FG b4 installing CCTV?

But there is a huge difference between private domains and entities like banks , hotels, malls and public spaces where governments regulate.

2. You also asked or insinuated that the state is trying to blame other people for their misfortunes which means you either did not read and understand the article because the state clearly stated what transpired from the begging and then present situation.

3. Obviously, Lagos state initiated the project and built up the basic infrastructures like monitoring stations and command centers before the federal government stepped in to do attache by asking the Lagos state government to stop actions on their project because they are coming in to install thousands of CCTV even though they didn't have any plan or road map in place, their police and CCTV contracts are still mired in incompetency and controversy back in Abuja.

4. It is very clear that the Lagos sate government have the capacity to do their own thing without the obstructive FG attache and distractions hence the state going ahead with their basic infrastructures for the program like command centers all over the state.

5. What the state is concerned about here is duplication of resources, equipment and redundancy, this is why they wrote the FG to find out what the deal is, but eventually, I see the state going it alone regardless like they did in other cases.

I still stand by my initial comment about your post.

Curious_city:

Quoting just one line of my post tells a lot about you. It is your fundamental human right to be one sided and rude, but your right stops where other's starts.

Look through all my posts here, I debate objectively and don't attack persons. I'm not one of those persons U engage in e-brawl. I am not a partisan politician or an ethnic bigot. I call a spade a spade. My initial questions, if well answered could have been in favor of LASG, but instead allowing others to answer the question, U wanted to tell me who passed elementary school and who didn't.
Only small minds with inferior arguments attack persons instead of convincing others with their points.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by igchuka(m): 9:54pm On Apr 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: This report and the responses of ACN foot solders so far is shocking. When will these confused ACN e-warriors and their masters stop speaking from both sides of the mouth?

Precisely on the 9th of March 2013, a Nlander created a thread titled "Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos??" https://www.nairaland.com/1220415/anyone-noticed-city-wide-cctv

The opening statement on that thread was:

"I have noticed that lagos is getting it right in terms of security.....i have been driving around lagos and noticed the numerous cctv cameras positioned at almost every major road and corners in lagos and being monitored online real time from the network operating centers....giving the security operatives a good hold on thecity.....any robbery or crime that takes place in the city will be contained in mins.

No wonder the recent bank robbery on thursday at zenithbank abule egba was foiled inmins and the whole eight robbers fully armed arrested"- billante ( m ): 8:47pm

On that same thread, the ACN e-warriors led by @Omo_Tier1..,Kuroji..,seanet01...,et al laboured tirelessly to prove to us how Fashola installed 10,000 CCTV cameras in Lagos and how we should bow down and worship Fashola.

That was 9th of March 2013. Now fast forward to today. The same ACN e-cockroaches are on this thread telling us how FG stopped Fashola from installing 10,000 CCTV cameras in Lagos. Ladies and gentlemen, this is another instance of clear double speak from a confused set of people. Which do we believe now?

Assuming today's report is true, if the state govt knew the FG had the powers (legally) to stop it from executing the project, why didn't it get the needed clearance or collaboration before going public with project?

Why is the ACN state governors always having this competition mentality with the FG? Why play politics with everything? Why always ACN controlled states? The same Good governance tour that was rejected by ACN controlled states has been to APGA and CPC controlled states and are presently in Zamfara state, an ANPP controlled state. Why always ACN states? The governor of Akwa- Ibom, Rivers and many other opposition controlled states in the north have tarred several federal roads without MEDIA NOISE. Why is that of ACN controlled states always associated with squabbles and MEDIA NOISE?

My impression is that ACN governors have competition mentality with regards to their relationship with FG. That is wrong. These are two different tiers of govt with clearly defined responsibilities that should collaborate to deliver services to the people
Dont mind them, that is why i will not support acn as a party. As far as i am concerned, pdp is a better devil.

1 Like

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by ekoilee: 10:02pm On Apr 27, 2013
ig.chuka:

[s]Pls stop deceiving yourself, there are a couple of governors doing better than fashola, if you have lived in lagos all your life, how would you know. I think lagos is over hyped.[/s] If you measure their income with work done against other governors then you will understand my point.

Ignorance is a terrible disease..
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by igchuka(m): 10:13pm On Apr 27, 2013
emmatok:

Why don't you other governors.

I know you will shout Okpabio hehe.
Lagos is just riding on the advantage given to them by the mistake the FG made many years ago which they are now paying for. And the mistake is concentration of infrastructure and development in one place, at the detriment of other states. On a level playing field, it will amaze you the governors that will be rated higher than fashola.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by igchuka(m): 10:16pm On Apr 27, 2013
eko ilee:

Ignorance is a terrible disease..
Am not ignorant, get ur facts right. I dont know about you, but i measure development based on available resources against work done.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by MANOSUB(m): 10:18pm On Apr 27, 2013
I am sorry to say that your post reflects the reply from an ignorant individual. This is an issue deserving more serious attention from the Federal Government since it is the FG that is responsible for security in the Land. This is not an individual's apartment. Nigeria is governed by a constitution which specifies the power of the FG, SG & LG. I like the idea when you give the FG unsettled mind especially when they are lacking in some areas but you have to be careful before people start wondering what is wrong with the state govt. I will not be surprised if Fashola wakes up tomorrow and be like, Lagos deserve to av its own police, let the FG controlled police go, let lagos stop contributing to the national treasury and let us be on our own. I really think we should follow the constitution just the way it is.
Omo_Tier1:
I am sorry to say your post reflect the sorry state of an ignorant individual. This is an issue deserving serious attention from the government in the land and to think that the FG would engage the LASG government in a childish fight over superiority says a lot. If the FG was serious about getting the project implemented, surely, the right thing to do is to direct the affected ministry to collaborate with the state government rather than embarking on a separate project of her own.

Lagos already has a COMMAND and CONTROL station for her cctv project and all that is required to have these cameras in place and a special unit set up in the security agency that would be responsible for these cctv. Here in the UK, the police are not responsible for the cctvs but they have unlimited access to them in carrying out their policing operations.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by ekoilee: 10:20pm On Apr 27, 2013
ig.chuka:

Am not ignorant, get ur facts right. I dont know about you, but i measure development based on available resources against work done.

How much is this income you are talking about if I may ask?
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Afam4evaIsASlut: 10:23pm On Apr 27, 2013
Emmadani: u think say lagos get money to survive on its own?90% of fg revenue is from d niger delta tru oil money,wat do lagos produce dat can yield billion of dollars in a day?D high revenue lagos are gettin is because of d major fg govt aided firms,companies,d sea port,air port dat yield money 2 d economy...,if nigeria is divided 2day,my dear lagos is as gud as finished.Most especially d SW region..,is it d money made from cassava dat is used 2 develop lagos?When 90% of d country's revenue is from cruide oil..,i even want make dem divide d country let ma region start 2 av 100% revenue from its oil.With out oil thr is no lagos.If u think of dividing the country import n export within usa wil end in lagos n it wil move to places like,calabar,rivers,akwa ibom...Ma guy,with out oil no lagos o.If u say u want 2 divide nigeria 2day it wil benefit d south south most,n it wil take lagos 30 more years 2 complete dat eko athlantic.Think b4 u comment.

Holy Crap! This guy youre a bloody illiterate.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Afam4evaIsASlut: 10:24pm On Apr 27, 2013
ig.chuka:

Chuka, Id like you to tell us what state ure from...

Now, u can get in a debate with Eko Ile and co by comparing your state gov to theirs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Failed Biafra Sit At Home in Port Harcourt PICS VIDEOS / Impeachment: How Shuaibu Leaked Govt Secrets – Edo Assembly / Fresh N10bn NHIS Scam: Buhari Presidency Stinks, Has No Honour Left- PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.