Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,908 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? (17477 Views)

Which Nigerian Actor Or Actress Can Win An Oscar / Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? / Which Nigerian Soap Opera Is The Hottest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by 1wolex85: 6:52pm On Apr 29, 2013
Did anyone happen to read time changes yesterday by nyengi koin? I also like brigandage by taofiq azeez, gods are not to blame by ola rotimi and the yoruba novel kuye.

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by zibe(m): 6:53pm On Apr 29, 2013
Double post
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by micki83(m): 6:55pm On Apr 29, 2013
Y'all are making me feel so nostalgic! I remember reading a lot of d books u guys hav listed and I'm like "damn...where did my childhood go?". I'd definitely luv to see "an african night's entertainment"...I wonder who they culd get to play d part of d beautiful lead female charater(don't remember her name,but d description of her beauty was so vivid in my mind...and d smell of d voodoo-perfume...) *sigh*
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Dospix(m): 6:55pm On Apr 29, 2013
Firstly, i need to thank the Moderator for doing a great job on this thread. I just feel most of the movie makers in Nigeria today try too hard the wrong way. It is not possible for movie makers in Nigeria to get the attention of the western world when they try to imitate western stories. With the movies we have around today, it is obvious that most movie Producers in Nigeria are short of ideas( all we keep getting is the same story with different actors). I have often wondered why certain great Nigerian books that told true stories of the true Nigerian society are yet to be adapted as movies? Movie makers in Nigeria need to wake up and embrace this glaring opportunity to make an emphatic statement in the world. Why can't i tune on my tv set and be graced by a Things fall apart movie with Jim Iyke playing Okonkwo? Am kind of fed up with Nigerian movies and am really hoping i will be able to see something creative and traditional in future. Am hoping someone understand the way i feel. Nolly-wood is doing a great job, but feel with more dedication and creativity they can do better.I would love to see these books adapted as movies:Death and the kings horseman by Wole Soyinka; Arrow of God by Chinua Achebe;Efuru by Flora Nwapa;Palm-wine Drinkard by Amos Tutuola; A man of the people by Chinua Achebe.

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Aksally(m): 6:56pm On Apr 29, 2013
The Boy Slave and The Return of Shettima
One Week One Trouble and More Trouble for Willie
Efru
The Passport of Mallam Ilya
Burning Grass
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by zibe(m): 6:56pm On Apr 29, 2013
vicade: The Joys of Motherhood by Buchi Emecheta-So Powerful and Emotional I doubt if nollywood can pull it off.

I also like "The Road". Its a play by wole soyinka and a very funny one at that. I also doubt if this can be adapted for screen by nollywood.

Twinge Twangle by Femi Osofisan

Joys of Motherhood by Emecheta would always be a great book! Too bad it isn't that popular. Making a movie out of these books would really be cool, and I think it would have to involve a big budget, just so it doesn't look like the average movie that nollywood is mostly known to produce..

The Potter's Wheel and The Bottled Leopard are other books I'd loove to see as movies.

Finally, The Lion and The Jewel by Wole Soyinka.
The good thing about these books is that it tells the Nigerian culture as it was, during our fathers' times. These are the kinda movies we need to sell to the world, just like the book, "Things Fall Apart"
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by TriPorth: 6:59pm On Apr 29, 2013
1 Omo Olokun Esin-Adebayo Faleti
2 One Man One Matchet- Aluko
3 Trial of Brother Jero-Soyinka
4 Ireke Onibudo-Fagunwa
5 Joy of Motherhood-Emecheta
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nonybb: 7:04pm On Apr 29, 2013
THINGS FALL APART!
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Giftedhands2(f): 7:08pm On Apr 29, 2013
All Ben Akponine-Samuel short stories are educative. Could be adapted as High school films.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by ScorchedViper(m): 7:08pm On Apr 29, 2013
sholay2011: 1. 'Agbako nile tete'- A Yoruba book I read in my secondary school days. Very interesting.

2. 'Ojo buruku esu gbomi mu'- Another Yoruba book I enjoyed.

3. 'Joys of motherhood' by Buchi Emecheta.

4. 'Purple Hibiscus' by Chimamanda.

The joys of motherhood would be so sad. I cant imagine anyone capturing the essence of the book.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 29, 2013
Bitter Taste of Honey by Chukwuezue Nnabuike
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by courage89(m): 7:21pm On Apr 29, 2013
I would like to see movies about some of African heroes. Turn some of these biographies and auto biographies into movies.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by dbty(m): 7:22pm On Apr 29, 2013
THE NEW MAN by Femi something from Ife in Osun state.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by seunmsg(m): 7:25pm On Apr 29, 2013
Palm wine Drinkard by Amos Tutuola. D book was performed into a radio series by the WNTV in d 60's but we need to see d TV version
The Gods are not to be blame by Ola Rotimi
The Concubine by Elechi Amadi
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 29, 2013
all of cyprian ekwesi's books,you just have to love his books though they were short,they were really entertaining and the passport of mallam ilia would make a good movie,just imagine idris elba playing the role .
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Apr 29, 2013
blackmale: evbu my love and ''ogboju ode ninu igbo irumale''

God bless you! just the first that came to my mind- evbu my love, read it in college

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by salvo583: 7:27pm On Apr 29, 2013
purple hibiscus by chimanda achebe
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by tsquaure(f): 7:27pm On Apr 29, 2013
Efuru
Second chance
There was a country
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by kawkab: 7:28pm On Apr 29, 2013
ovoramen Nogbaisi - Ola Rotimi
Trial of Brother Jero - Wole Soyinka
The Last Duty - Isidore Okpewho
The Victims - Isidore Okpewho
Toads for Supper - Chukwuemeka Ike
Toads for Ever - Chukwuemeka Ike
The Palmwine Drinkard - Amos Tutuola

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by badassnigga(m): 7:32pm On Apr 29, 2013
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by badassnigga(m): 7:33pm On Apr 29, 2013
trial of brother jero joor smiley

by d prof himself
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by sexymoma(f): 7:39pm On Apr 29, 2013
wuraola Forever. I avent finish reading bt d liru i read i reali enjoyed it.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by socreations(m): 7:40pm On Apr 29, 2013
verdict of the gods
things fall apart
without a silver spoon
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by joseph1013: 7:41pm On Apr 29, 2013
Bottled Leopard
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Jomark(m): 7:41pm On Apr 29, 2013
sholay2011:
The dad was the antagonist I think, not protagonist...
the dad is the protagonist not the antagonist
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by mygirrl: 7:42pm On Apr 29, 2013
do we still have writers in this country?
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by bankoleben(m): 7:43pm On Apr 29, 2013
Ta lo gbingi oro, a Yoruba detective story!
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Phonon: 7:46pm On Apr 29, 2013
It was the series that made being a Nigerian Intelligence agent seem very cool to me.I still crave to read them all over again.
VillageBoi:

Well said, every single one of them!
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by akinwun(m): 7:47pm On Apr 29, 2013
The secret of nothing. The book was Published by logman, i think the author is jude ogwu or something. It's actually about the osu caste system
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by oyinmio: 7:51pm On Apr 29, 2013
Time Changes everyday. Not very sure of the title but was so pathetic. Read it in 1985 when I was in form one in Zaria.

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Odunharry(m): 7:55pm On Apr 29, 2013
ehehehehehe....wat abt national year of sex and cmfort...by our own Eze Promoe.lol
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by kaydee(m): 7:55pm On Apr 29, 2013
The Passport of Mallam ilia

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Neo And Adekunle Fight Over Alcohol At Pool Party / Kate Henshaw Laughs Uncontrollably At A Contestant On Nigeria’s Got Talent / 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.