Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,762 members, 7,813,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? (17457 Views)

Which Nigerian Actor Or Actress Can Win An Oscar / Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? / Which Nigerian Soap Opera Is The Hottest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by alexarelano(m): 11:04pm On Apr 29, 2013
adexsimply: on point
Aditu Eledumare... ogboju ode ninu igbo irunmale...ireke onibudo smiley smiley smiley
u no mention irinkerindo ninu igbo elegbeje & esu kekere ode? I like Daniel Olorunfemi Fagunwa's books too much
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by ojesoj(m): 11:06pm On Apr 29, 2013
No telephone to heaven - full of suspense,written in 1975 by a northerner;i cnt remember his name again And i even lost d book,so painfull

Petal of Love - very sweet story about love

Any1 who has read these books would know what am talkin about.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Tunby(m): 11:07pm On Apr 29, 2013
''OGBOJU ODE NINU IGBO IRUNMOLE''
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Apr 29, 2013
JOYS OF MOTHERHOOD by Buchi Emecheta
ARROW OF GOD by Chiua Achebe
PURPLE HIBISCUS by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
SECOND CHANCE by Nyegi Koin
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 29, 2013
N_girl: JOYS OF MOTHERHOOD by Buchi Emecheta
ARROW OF GOD by Chiua Achebe
PURPLE HIBISCUS by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
SECOND CHANCE by Nyegi Koin

Chei..."The Second Chance."

It was required reading in school back in the day but I must have read that book 10 times.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 29, 2013
Rainbows are For Lovers is another good one but the movie would be too x-rated.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by femility(m): 11:22pm On Apr 29, 2013
The boy who must not cry
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by symbianDON(m): 11:26pm On Apr 29, 2013
the palmwine drinkard by amos tutuola
adventures of souza
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Apr 29, 2013
nnenna.1:

Chei..."The Second Chance."

It was required reading in school back in the day but I must have read that book 10 times.
I still keep reading till now. I've probably read a hundred times. Everyone thinks I'm crazy!
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by ismokeweed1(f): 11:36pm On Apr 29, 2013
THE BOTTLED LEOPARD
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Evanisgud(f): 11:46pm On Apr 29, 2013
I so much luv Puple hibiscus and Secret of the Sherik
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by bigadeal: 11:47pm On Apr 29, 2013
That's what Nollywood should be about instead of these half-baked, un-scripted, time wasting, Pt 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 madness we see on TV. Please follow us @myprojectnolly we are building something interesting. www.myprojectnollywood.com
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by abelee(m): 11:52pm On Apr 29, 2013
Second Chance by Nyengi Koin
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Abujabir24: 11:54pm On Apr 29, 2013
I asked nairalanders for a particular title of one book I read few years back that I've forgotten the title. Its about some smugglers called kaska, ahmed, papa uwa and police detectives called joni malu, and ada. It was set in lagos, calabar and sometime in phc. Please help with the title anybody.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by lawizle(m): 12:01am On Apr 30, 2013
The other side of life-Sly Edaghese(hilarious novel)

Boys @d border-??author (intriguing)

End of the dark street & Drop of Mercy: Dibia Humphrey(2best must read novels!!! O badt gaan!!!).
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by lawizle(m): 12:03am On Apr 30, 2013
Abujabir24: I asked nairalanders for a particular title of one book I read few years back that I've forgotten the title. Its about some smugglers called kaska, ahmed, papa uwa and police detectives called joni malu, and ada. It was set in lagos, calabar and sometime in phc. Please help with the title anybody.

You sure it aint boys at the boarder...
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by elphamexcels: 12:09am On Apr 30, 2013
"DARKNESS IN MALATA" by Peter Eneh. and
"DIARY OF A JAMBITE" by Phil Adel Leigh
I read these books years ago,
This books are really wow, We've got stars in Nigeria
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by rockbase360: 12:11am On Apr 30, 2013
The all time classic "THE BRAVE HUNTER IN THE EVIL FOREST(OGBOJU ODE NINU IGBO IRU MOLE) WRITTEN BY a.j fagunwa
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by lawizle(m): 12:17am On Apr 30, 2013
All the novels listed up above are exceptionally great novels,only if our movie producers will sit down toh manifest one/two of dem...but laialai dey will prefer toh make stupid movies..a pity.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by soladollar(m): 12:18am On Apr 30, 2013
Definitely "state secret" read it wen i was much younger, very interesting read. Bin looking for it ever since i lost it.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Dstar4u(m): 12:24am On Apr 30, 2013
rrosheed: The New Man by Femi Ademiluyi

You're on point! So good for movie. Ayo Badejo

Egun Alare and The Joys of Motherhood
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by savanto: 12:37am On Apr 30, 2013
Violence- Festus Iyayi
The burning grass-Cyprian Ekwensi
The man from Shagamu
Arrow of God
The Great Ponds
When a child is motherless
The Oil man of Obange- John Munonye
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Dstar4u(m): 12:40am On Apr 30, 2013
You people haven't talked about THE TENTH GENERATION by our Dear Frank, or what do you think?
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Wizkhalifa2(m): 12:46am On Apr 30, 2013
1. Ali and Simbi
2. Eze goes to school
3. Ifeanyi and Obi
4. Ralia the sugar girl
5. Vocational aptitude..lol
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Ochhie(f): 12:47am On Apr 30, 2013
Apart from The Joys Of Motherhood,The Seed Yams Have Been Eaten and After The Flood are good and interesting novels that will make a good film
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Youngsage: 4:27am On Apr 30, 2013
"The boy slave" by Kola Onadipo

"The new Man" by Femi Ademiluyi...
One of my favourite Nigerian novels!
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Youngsage: 4:28am On Apr 30, 2013
N_girl: I still keep reading till now. I've probably read a hundred times. Everyone thinks I'm crazy!
who's the author?
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by omartins(m): 4:39am On Apr 30, 2013
THE SECRET OF SHEIK
JOY OF MOTHERHOOD
THE CONCUBINE
THE MOURNED ONE
ADUIITU OLODUMARE
IRINKERINDO
JAILED FOR LIFE
WHY WE STRUCK
THE BURNING GRASS
STRANGE ENCOUNTER.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Elgaxton(m): 5:17am On Apr 30, 2013
The Drum by S.M.O Aka

Very interesting grin
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by moonlabelle: 5:40am On Apr 30, 2013
The Lion And the jewel by wole soyinka---I would like to see Lakunle"s dressing as described(Quite funny) and The Drums of joy(I read at childhood). . .
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Zakkyoz: 6:19am On Apr 30, 2013
THE RETURN OF IKENGA BY CHUKWUEMEKA OHUKA. The novel is very drammatic!
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 6:20am On Apr 30, 2013
pure123: AGONY IN HER VOICE
STATE SECRET
NAIRA POWER

THEY ARE ALL MACMILLIAN PACETTER'S SERIES....
You and I must belong to the same generation.
Evbu my love.
Forgive me Maryam.
Naira power was one of the best I ever read.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Profile Of Christy O, Bbnaija Season 7 Housemate / Stop Selling Foreign Films - NFVCB - National Film & Videos Censors Board / Tolanibaj Evicted From The Big Brother Naija All Stars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.