Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? (17459 Views)

Which Nigerian Actor Or Actress Can Win An Oscar / Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? / Which Nigerian Soap Opera Is The Hottest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Rebsy(f): 9:22pm On Apr 29, 2013
Efuru and the concubines
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 29, 2013
All the pacesetter novels.

They should be filmed as a pacesetter series where each book would be a 1.5 hour long episode.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Rebsy(f): 9:26pm On Apr 29, 2013
1wolex85: Did anyone happen to read time changes yesterday by nyengi koin? I also like brigandage by taofiq azeez, gods are not to blame by ola rotimi and the yoruba novel kuye.
Are u sure bat the author of time changes yesterday?"
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by slimyem: 9:26pm On Apr 29, 2013
Second chance..
Agidi Sours..
Egbirin Ote too...smiley
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by thelonestranger: 9:26pm On Apr 29, 2013
From all the lists presented so far one can guess that the average age of the posters on this thread is 50 years old. grin grin grin
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 29, 2013
kola akinlade series such as owo eje, talole ajomogbe etc
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Giftdavids(m): 9:33pm On Apr 29, 2013
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Zonacom(m): 9:37pm On Apr 29, 2013
Uwakuwak: is like there is something i need to know about this book, people keep mentioning it.
Eyaah!, u neva read am? Sori sha. The passport of mallam iliya and An african night entertainment are two books with a hausa setting written by cyprain ekwensi that keeps me wandering whether ekwensi was a hausa man. Those books are really entertaining. The concubine by elechi amadi is just another sweet piece. Sometimes i wonder who between amadi and achebe is better in traditional storytelling. Whenever i read the concubine, i approach it with newness and somehow hope ekwueme wou'nt end up death. Gosh! The sentence he used in ending the story is just something else, though i cant remember it well but i think it goes like this:
''The spirit of dead is known to take people at dawn, that was when Ekwueme died.''
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Giftdavids(m): 9:38pm On Apr 29, 2013
1. Things fall apart by Achebe
2.Purple hibiscus by C. Adichie
3. Joys of motherhood by B. Emecheta
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 29, 2013
Dizzy angel
A man of the people
Arrow of God
The only son
The concubine
Murder at dawn
Passport of mallam illiya
The lion and the jewel
Without a silver spoon
Eze goes to school
Imagine that
Gandoki
Ruwan bagaja
Magana jari ce

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Peterboy1(m): 9:41pm On Apr 29, 2013
There was a country by Chinua Achebe
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by lalaberry(f): 9:46pm On Apr 29, 2013
Without a silver spoon
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 9:53pm On Apr 29, 2013
Joy of motherhood,is the best Nigeria novel ever.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by bubu22: 9:56pm On Apr 29, 2013
Joys of motherhood by buchi emechata and alice in the wonderland
Dospix: Many successful & critically acclaimed movies in the Western World have been adapted from books/novels.

Examples are The Count Of Monte Cristo, Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice, The Last of the Mohicans, Wuthering Heights, Lord of the Rings, The Da Vinci Code, Dracula, Alice In Wonderland, Anna Karenina, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Les Miserables, Memoirs of a Geisha, Jurrassic Pack, The Sum of all Fears, Clear and Present Danger, A Time to Kill, Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story, The Runaway Jury, The Pelican Brief etc

Coming back home, the same cannot be said to be true as very few of our novels/books have been adapted into movies.

This leads me to the question, which Nigerian book would you want to be made/adapted into a movie that you'll pay good bucks to go watch at the Cinema? It could even be a book/novel by a Nairalander. Let's hear em
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by omoajiri(m): 9:59pm On Apr 29, 2013
Kolera kolege by Prof. Femi Osofisan.
Ojuri (a Yoruba novel, I can't remember its author)
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by NovusHomo(m): 9:59pm On Apr 29, 2013
"Death and The King's Horseman" by WS (Wole Soyinka). It is based on documented historical fact. Very interesting from the point of view of clash between two cultures: English and Yoruba.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Bec(f): 10:01pm On Apr 29, 2013
Nine Lives by El-Nukoya, Tomorrow died Yesterday by Chimeka Garricks, Imagine This by Sade Adeniran, Yellow-Yellow by Kaine Agary, Measuring Time and Waiting for an Angel by Helon Habila...

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by micki83(m): 10:04pm On Apr 29, 2013
ngozievergreen:
Looooooool
Her name is Zainab. I had pity on Abu. No be today men start to dey use charms/money collect the love of their fellow men. Cos Abu lost the girl to d rich Mallam Shehu, he went on an exile for 3yrs in a forest where he lost his left eye n right ear ; came bak from d exile and used charms on the son that Zainab got for the Mallam and d small boy became lunatic. and the story continues . Well, im beta pass many nollywood storylines sha.

All of u mentioning Things fall Apart, u na neva watch the movie or what??
Yes! Yes!! U remember it clearly! Abu really suffered sha...I think at some point he had an encounter with a tiger or leopard,no? My memory is fuzzy...
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by laykhorn(m): 10:07pm On Apr 29, 2013
adexsimply: on point
Aditu Eledumare... ogboju ode ninu igbo irunmale...ireke onibudo smiley smiley smiley
I couldnt agree more. His books are so on-point. Also, 'A new man' by Ayo _______
Also, here on NL, we've got some hard-core incredible stories from Redmoss d boss, baba Mynd and a host of others. I'd like to see those stories in videos...
Wait a minute! That reminds me, where is Redmosquito?
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by achi4u(m): 10:07pm On Apr 29, 2013
dnawah: Mark of the cobra by Valentine Alily,
the Undesirable Element by Mohammed Sule,
Evbu My Love by Helen Ovbiagele.all na pacesetters series grin
You'r on point.

Also The infamous act by Mohammed Sule___after reading this two books by a Northerner I begin to respect a very corner of this country.

please is the author still alive?

love him
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 29, 2013
Potters Wheel
Medicine for money
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by 2busy: 10:16pm On Apr 29, 2013
THE BOY SLAVE
THE RETURN OF SHETTIMA
THE MAGIC BOX
CHIKE AND THE RIVER
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by clemmonce(m): 10:19pm On Apr 29, 2013
Uwakuwak: The incorruptable judge.
abeg gi that book is not a classic at all. we need books that were classic
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by badmeat(m): 10:28pm On Apr 29, 2013
The concubine,the great ponds,passport of mallam illiya,jagua nana,
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Werehkpe: 10:29pm On Apr 29, 2013
me i want
1. Eze goes to school
2. The boy slave
3. My fathers daugther
4. The rescue of Charlie Kalu
5. The return of Shettima - the boy slave

ALL CLASSICS. TRUST ME
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 29, 2013
The Concubine, Arrow OF God,the gods are not to blame, Jaguar Nana,Purple Hibiscus etc..........
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Hibkay: 10:35pm On Apr 29, 2013
My one n only book...The triumph of the water lily...

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by scholes23(m): 10:36pm On Apr 29, 2013
Ali and Simbi
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Apr 29, 2013
mrjingles: 1. An African Night's Entertainment
2. The Passport of Mallam Iliya
3. On the road
4 Mark of the Cobra
5. Stop Press: Murder
6. The South African Affair
7. Christmas in the city
8. Bloodbath at Lobster close
9. The Smugglers
10. The Instrument
11. Stone of vengeance
12. The Worshippers
etc etc

Dude, did we have the same childhood?
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by khaady(f): 10:40pm On Apr 29, 2013
Violence by festus iyayi and stillborn by zainab Alkali
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 29, 2013
Do even still publish those pace-setter series? I believe I read over 95% of them......so nostalgic, what exactly has adulthood done to me? I was a voracious reader as a child and teenage. Now I am barely patient enough to read a page of anything written.

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by sholay2011(m): 10:48pm On Apr 29, 2013
khaady: Violence by festus iyayi and stillborn by zainab Alkali
Violence was adapted to the screen sumtym ago. I can remember being mentioned in Punch that Liz Benson played the role of 'Queen', though, I haven't read the book.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Profile Of Christy O, Bbnaija Season 7 Housemate / Stop Selling Foreign Films - NFVCB - National Film & Videos Censors Board / Tolanibaj Evicted From The Big Brother Naija All Stars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.