Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? (17484 Views)

Which Nigerian Actor Or Actress Can Win An Oscar / Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? / Which Nigerian Soap Opera Is The Hottest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Culbobby(m): 6:29am On Apr 30, 2013
Ola rotimi's 'the gods are not to blame' directed by spike lee.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by lordnammy(m): 6:35am On Apr 30, 2013
Eze goes to Schooln,Eze goes to college: by onuora Nzekw and Michael crowde.
One week one trouble
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by nelxsantos(m): 6:37am On Apr 30, 2013
'D gods r not to Blame' by Ola rotimi. Ma primary skul days novel. 'Man who Awaits' by repogirl. Yes a nairalander.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 6:41am On Apr 30, 2013
The gods are not to blame by ola rotimi
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by j4jj: 6:45am On Apr 30, 2013
The re-birth of the "Things fall Apart" of Chinua Achebe
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by nebeolisa(m): 6:52am On Apr 30, 2013
Witness to tears.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by purplespecimen: 6:58am On Apr 30, 2013
Ake; the childhood years by Wole Soyinka (hilarious, beautiful, culture rich)

The tree Must go down

Jagua nana

Jagua Nana's daughter

A book by Sefi Atta i =-? The title is "everything G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡D̶̲̥̅ will come"
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by purplespecimen: 6:59am On Apr 30, 2013
Ake; the childhood years by Wole Soyinka (hilarious, beautiful, culture rich)

The tree Must go down

Jagua nana

Jagua Nana's daughter

A book by Sefi Atta i think The title is "everything G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡D̶̲̥̅ will come"
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Reference(m): 7:20am On Apr 30, 2013
A few of these have appeared on stage with varying degrees of success but I think the picture looks good enough to make the transition only if the stronghold behind the Nigerian movie industry will permit creative script writing to thrive. They've so wound up and cornered their captive audience to their level of mediocrity that such movies if ever made may not do well at the box office.

These days its all about on screen personalities rather than the star power that comes from perfectly presenting an outstanding script. So I feel its the industry that's not ready not the paucity of good stories.

I could remember several years ago as a kid reading every single book in the pacesetter series (which is lightweight writing anyway) and imagining them on screen. Today you won't even see the books anymore. That's the depth of decadence.

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by mrjingles(m): 7:21am On Apr 30, 2013
Abujabir24: I asked nairalanders for a particular title of one book I read few years back that I've forgotten the title. Its about some smugglers called kaska, ahmed, papa uwa and police detectives called joni malu, and ada. It was set in lagos, calabar and sometime in phc. Please help with the title anybody.

The book is titled THE SMUGGLERS by Kalu Okpi, there two other bad guys in the book- Gus Capello and Al Minelli it also had a sequel titled ON THE ROAD with two bad guys nicknamed Brains and Worldman. Great books loaded with action. For sheer comedy with a serious message I would love to see A MAN OF THE PEOPLE
NO TELEPHONE TO HEAVEN is the story of the Nigerian James Bond named Pius and his code was 005 lol!
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Rednose: 7:31am On Apr 30, 2013
Seun: Purple Hibiscus could make a great movie. The role of the protagonist's dad could launch an actor's career if well performed.

Chimamanda Adichie author of Purple Hibiscus, Half of a Yellow Sun and the new Americanah will be at the Glendora Bookshop, Ikeja City Mall, on Saturday May 4, 2013 from 1pm - 3pm for a book signing.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by akay48(m): 7:32am On Apr 30, 2013
slimyem: D.O Fagunwa series..cool ...
I'd love to see D.O Fagunwa books, especially 'Ogboju Ode ninu Igbo Irunmale'...
I dont knw why Nigerian movies makers are not exploring this path...if the Nigerian CG and animation industry can survive its present baby stage, i'd love to see Nigerian folktales adapted into animated series.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Emmanueledu(m): 7:46am On Apr 30, 2013
I will love to see purple Hibiscus filmed!with Olu jacobs acting kambili's dad.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by udokpuenyi(m): 7:55am On Apr 30, 2013
How come nobody has mentioned " The wives revolt" by J P Clark,

I will like to see Wole Shoyinka " Trial of bro Jero" and "the lion and the jewel" on the screen also the passport of mallam Illiya
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 30, 2013
Youngsage:
who's the author?
Nyengi Koin
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by boladex1: 8:12am On Apr 30, 2013
Anyone ever read 'The Agony'. Can't remember the author. One of the best Nigerian literature I have ever come across.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by passijelams(m): 8:17am On Apr 30, 2013
A man of the People by Chinua Achebe; Achebe's best work to me: one which portrays the challenges of an educated modest Nigerian youth in the face of the corrupt Nigerian government. The prophetic end of s the book which is a military coup d etat is also awesome. Next is Chukwuemeka Ike's The Bottled Leopard. Together with Purple Hibiscus, the "proSpective" movies will portray the lives of the male and female Nigerian teenagers in conflict with traditional superstitious beliefs and religious fanatism, aS is d case in most Nigerian homes. Then Cyprian Ekwensi's classicS in An African Night's Entertainment, and The Passport of Mallam Ilya will make a hell of blockbusters : movieS based on the Northern culture. Then iS Emecheta's The Joys Of Motherhood; an irony that indeed portrays the pains of motherhood in an African society where a lot is expected from the african mother, but yet with little given. Then the last is an Igbo prose, Isi Akwu Dara N'Ala, an intriguing story about a promising love of a young couple, Chike and Ada, that fell apart in the courSe of the civil war. Oh, I can't wait to become a rich producer and get these adaptations going.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by inene: 8:25am On Apr 30, 2013
The Passport of Mallam Ilya by Chukwuemeka Ike
Toads for Super- i wonder why NOllywood have not done this
Festac 77 by Chukwuemeka Ike- Nollywood should have done this film ages ago
Things fall apart- Chunua Achebe
You must set forth at dawn- Wole Soyinka
Purple Hibiscus- Chimamanda Adichie
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by abbeywasc(m): 8:28am On Apr 30, 2013
mrjingles: 1. An African Night's Entertainment
2. The Passport of Mallam Iliya
3. On the road
4 Mark of the Cobra
5. Stop Press: Murder
6. The South African Affair
7. Christmas in the city
8. Bloodbath at Lobster close
9. The Smugglers
10. The Instrument
11. Stone of vengeance
12. The Worshippers
etc etc
u got good taste. will like to read 4 and 8 again
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by ucnduka(f): 8:33am On Apr 30, 2013
1. Purple Hibiscus
2. Violence- Festus Iyayi
3. Highway to happiness
4. Triumph of the water Lily
5. The Oyin Clegg series by Tunde Leye
6. Nairaland's 'the tenth generation' by Frank 3.16
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 30, 2013
Joys of motherhood by buchi emecheta. Oh Lord, dat story in dat book just needs it
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Ifedechidex: 8:45am On Apr 30, 2013
Fynestboi: JOYS OF MOTHERHOOD
HalF of a Yellow Sun
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Ifedechidex: 8:46am On Apr 30, 2013
Fynestboi: JOYS OF MOTHERHOOD
HalF of a Yellow Sun- Chimamanda Adichie
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by hakymbiyiyaho: 8:47am On Apr 30, 2013
Also

THE BOTTLED LEOPARD
NEVER IN FATHER'S GLORY
JENLOGBA TEMI (yoruba novel)
WON RO PE WERE NI (yoruba novel)
BABA RERE
YEMI DABIRA
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by trent9002(m): 9:00am On Apr 30, 2013
Our husband has gone mad again!
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Dolodolo: 9:03am On Apr 30, 2013
LOLLY! Dauda the sexiest guy
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by ibiso1986: 9:14am On Apr 30, 2013
What about THE KING AND HIS SLAVES and AZ MAFIA by Dr Daminabo Briggs
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Jochebed7(f): 9:14am On Apr 30, 2013
khaady: Violence by festus iyayi and stillborn by zainab Alkali
violence was also d novel that came to mind. Scrolled through hoping someone would mention it since i could not remember the author's name nd didnt want to post a novel without an author. Really great story about the violence of poverty in our nation.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by blackwhiteboy: 9:22am On Apr 30, 2013
Seun: Purple Hibiscus could make a great movie. The role of the protagonist's dad could launch an actor's career if well performed.
I agree with u,but I also think that "anthills of the savannah by chinua achebe" would make madt sense for a movie. The story is still very relevant and it touches the matter of our ethnic unity and corruption set-up.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Afritop(m): 9:26am On Apr 30, 2013
ALI AND SIMBI
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 30, 2013
Man Of Visions, by IGNATIUS UDOFIA
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by moresignal(f): 9:55am On Apr 30, 2013
OUR HUSBAND HAS GONE MAD AGAIN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kate Henshaw Laughs Uncontrollably At A Contestant On Nigeria’s Got Talent / Neo And Adekunle Fight Over Alcohol At Pool Party / 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.