Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer (27245 Views)

Graduate Trainees Wanted At Mckinsey & Company / Mckinsey & Company Invitation For PST / Nigerian Bottling Company Recruitment Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by Greggozo: 10:49am On Apr 29, 2013
Hi everyone, I got an alert to apply for some listed job positions in mckinsey&company. Please is there anyone that has received related msg from them or have a good knowledge of this company or knows anything about this ongoing recruitment. Please I need to share ur thoughts.
Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by omidan21: 11:37am On Apr 29, 2013
Greggozo: Hi everyone, I got an alert to apply for some listed job positions in mckinsey&company. Please is there anyone that has received related msg from them or have a good knowledge of this company or knows anything about this ongoing recruitment. Please I need to share ur thoughts.

When did u apply or rather what email did you send your CV to.urgent respons pls.
Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by mizGene(f): 1:57pm On Apr 29, 2013
I got a mail from them too. I assume they got contacts through nysc. Mckinsey n co is similar to kpmg n pwc...
Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by Greggozo: 5:46pm On Apr 29, 2013
the email is igs-recruiting@mckinsey.com. Wots urgent biko?

@miz gene: Did u serve in lagos? If u did wot batch pls?

1 Like

Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by omidan21: 10:38pm On Apr 29, 2013
Greggozo: the email is igs-recruiting@mckinsey.com. Wots urgent biko?

@miz gene: Did u serve in lagos? If u did wot batch

pls?
@gregozzo God bless u real hard man.pls what positoion did u apply for.is it graduate trainee or what.secondly do u thionk 2.2 qualification I am eligible to apply or rather I shld remain suilent of ma grade by editin the 2.2 off ma CV
Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by qualified(f): 8:48am On Apr 30, 2013
Greggozo: the email is igs-recruiting@mckinsey.com. Wots urgent biko?

@miz gene: Did u serve in lagos? If u did wot batch pls?

d mail is not going through. Pls check d email address to see if it is correct. Tnx for sharing
Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by MekT(m): 9:17am On Apr 30, 2013
qualified:

d mail is not going through. Pls check d email address to see if it is correct. Tnx for sharing

if the mail doesnt go thru change the - to _ datz wat i did....havent recieved mailer demon yet...
Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by zublaj(m): 9:51am On Apr 30, 2013
@ Greggozo,
Mckinsey & co is arguably no 1 management consultant in the world and from my little research, very good company to work with. To say the truth, its very tough getting in, cos their recruitment process is tough, even from their written test stage (mind you, getting invited to write d test is d first hurdle u will have to cross).

They opened their office in Lagos (Ikoyi) few years back, so apparently they are still expanding their biz. I will advice u visit their global website (and later check link to their Nigeria office page), study the career section very well, to understand their recruitment process and what they particularly look for on CV. Trust me, just any CV won't get u the invite, check the key things required and include them accordingly. Follow this link http://www.mckinsey.com/

@Omidan21,
The correct email is lgs-recruiting@mckinsey.com (note d first letter is 'l' (lower case of 'L')). And about ur grade, I'm not sure what to say, but the point is, you will still have to let the cat out of the bag, sooner or later. I think u will still have to fill out ur bio and info on their career website, ur grade is one info they will require and I believe its best if u r honest with it at that point. Nevertheless, u might still send your cv without ur grade to the email given, but if they eventually asked, please be honest.

As for me, I was just checking online for somethings a while ago and stumbled on their recruitment process (knew they came to nigeria few years back). This fueled my desire to research more about them and eventually submitted an unsolicited application. To my surprise, they got back to me couple of days after requesting for more info about me, which I supplied. About a week or 2 after, I was invited for a written test (problem solving test) with a practice test. I went for the test last friday (25th april), saw some 3 other guys. Their office was cool, my kind of ideal place to work and the folks there were really profesional, especially the cute (I mean really cute) chick that conducted the test. Alas, 4am saturday morning, got a regret mail.
The test is just 26 questions for about 90mins, but its die-hard logical reasoning,with some element of calculations. I did try my best, but guess, it wasn't enough. It's all good experience though.

Wish u guys all d best.

5 Likes

Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by Nwanneamakah: 10:45am On Apr 30, 2013
@all the Mckinsey applicatn invitation would close tomorrow, 1st May 2013. To apply, go to their career pg, click apply now,den follow instructns.
Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by Greggozo: 2:59pm On Apr 30, 2013
@Zublaj: Thanks a lot for ur comprehensive explanation and sharing ur ideas + experience, I really appreciate. God bless.
Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by mizGene(f): 8:21pm On Apr 30, 2013
@Gregozzo,yes,batch A
Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by Greggozo: 8:42pm On Apr 30, 2013
@miz Gene: Same here. I served in Lagos 2012 Batch A

@Zublaj: Please would it be possible you to remember and maybe share with us the kind of question u face on that written logical test u did. And also if u were to do that test again, what would u do differently?
Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by zublaj(m): 9:08pm On Apr 30, 2013
You don't have to worry about the actual questions I was tested on, when you get the invite, a practice test which will be very similar with the one you will be tested with will be sent to u to prepare. Its going to be a replica of d actual test, I suppose its one of their past questions; it has answers, tips and explanation of how u determine the right one.

You will have about 3 or 4 scenarios, about different clients requesting the services of Mckinsey. This is what comprises of the 26 questions to be answered in 60 - 90 mins. A long passage describing the clients biz and current need, follow by charts, tables and/or graphs, all from which you are expected to deduce your various answers from. Each clients/scenarios are described separately to make up the 26 questions.

The key is comprehension and understanding what is actually expected of you to answer. Most of the answer will look right to you most time, its left for u to choose the most appropriate one. Some calculations are there too.

All the best.
Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by yetseyi(f): 9:43pm On Apr 30, 2013
@all pleasee what are d listed job positions on offer
Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by ayobo1(m): 12:20am On May 01, 2013
pls sorry, be more xplanatory cos d procedure is nt even well defined in their website.
after clicking on aply nw, wat nxt?
Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by Greggozo: 7:10am On May 01, 2013
@Zublaj: Thanks a lot once again for ur well explained guide. I really appreciate. God bless u immensely.
Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by Phonon: 8:13am On May 01, 2013
The practice test sent to those invited is the same one available on their website.You can go download it there.The questions in the real test seems a bit more difficult than the practice test.The practice test is just a guide as to the kind of questions to expect.
zublaj: You don't have to worry about the actual questions I was tested on, when you get the invite, a practice test which will be very similar with the one you will be tested with will be sent to u to prepare. Its going to be a replica of d actual test, I suppose its one of their past questions; it has answers, tips and explanation of how u determine the right one.

You will have about 3 or 4 scenarios, about different clients requesting the services of Mckinsey. This is what comprises of the 26 questions to be answered in 60 - 90 mins. A long passage describing the clients biz and current need, follow by charts, tables and/or graphs, all from which you are expected to deduce your various answers from. Each clients/scenarios are described separately to make up the 26 questions.

The key is comprehension and understanding what is actually expected of you to answer. Most of the answer will look right to you most time, its left for u to choose the most appropriate one. Some calculations are there too.

All the best.
Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by MekT(m): 9:19am On May 01, 2013
Plz watz the website
Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by Jesusbabygirl(f): 7:00pm On May 01, 2013
Is dis stuff rily closing today?
Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by mizGene(f): 7:08pm On May 01, 2013
Jesusbabygirl: Is dis stuff rily closing today?

In the mail I got,6th May was stated as d closing date.
Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by Jesusbabygirl(f): 7:16pm On May 01, 2013
miz Gene:

In the mail I got,6th May was stated as d closing date.
Oh tanx dear,hw far with d transcript stuff dey require?
Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by motcom(f): 8:03pm On May 01, 2013
This issue of transcript is what I don't know how to get is quite a distance for me.
Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by ayobo1(m): 4:51pm On May 02, 2013
pls house de just sent a mail nw asking me to send transcript, results n nysc certi, b4 22nd may bt de also talk abt a leadership form, rill dnt understand dat? pls i wanna kn more abt d leadership form
Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by yetseyi(f): 5:23pm On May 02, 2013
the leadership form is an attachment in the mail sent to you, fill it

ayobo1: pls house de just sent a mail nw asking me to send transcript, results n nysc certi, b4 22nd may bt de also talk abt a leadership form, rill dnt understand dat? pls i wanna kn more abt d leadership form
Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by Greggozo: 6:50pm On May 02, 2013
@Phonon: Pls where can one download those samples of the practice test on the website?
Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by Jesusbabygirl(f): 8:04pm On May 02, 2013
Please house,am aving issues withd 'upload transcript' part of d application.I don't v transcript yt,its being processed
Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by malaoluolateju: 8:37pm On May 02, 2013
hello house, are you guys applying tru the mckinsey website or did u just send ur cv to the email provided at the beginning of the thread? am asking cos am having difficulty applying tru their site. would appreciate a response from you guys. thanks for the updates. nice 1 everybody
Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by mizGene(f): 9:16pm On May 02, 2013
Jesusbabygirl: Oh tanx dear,hw far with d transcript stuff dey require?
Luckily for me I have a soft copy of my transcript,so I used dt.
Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by malaoluolateju: 11:06pm On May 02, 2013
as any one noticed only two nigerian universities are in the list of schools on the mckinsey website? could anyone explain if there is a way round it
Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by Jesusbabygirl(f): 6:48am On May 03, 2013
So nobody is talking about this transcript issue,guess u all v it
Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by wordthots: 9:50am On May 03, 2013
malaoluolateju: as any one noticed only two nigerian universities are in the list of schools on the mckinsey website? could anyone explain if there is a way round it

Had d same issue when I was applying.
All I did was to click the search link next to the box and then type other into the search space. Then that brought sm oda options out.
Hp that helps
Re: Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer by spicychic847(f): 11:10am On May 03, 2013
Please oo,what we gonna do abt dis transcript ish??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

P&g Test Ouestions? / Lady Shares Experience With Her Interviewer In The US / Nasims Dashboard Updated For Npower Batch C Under Stream 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.