Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,758 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:06 AM

Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria (42736 Views)

China Builds First 600-feet High, Glass-bottomed Bridge In The World (photos) / Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) / N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:32am On Apr 30, 2013
Tot I read a suspended biatch tongue

Lagos is working, Fashola is fvcking we all are Happy but me myself is Looking.

grin grin grin
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by seunfly: 1:46am On Apr 30, 2013
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Akshow: 3:17am On Apr 30, 2013
Na wa o. Na real wa for black belle people o. Those shouting foul and belittling the effort of fashola are no doubt from a specific tribe. Igbo son and co, would it kill u to admit for once that fash is worth ten of ur thiefing governors in the east? And before u start barking tax payer money, don't they pay tax in the east? Upload any feasible project the governors of ur state use tax payers money to carry out. And fyi tax is not a tribal thing in lag. Everyone pays tax be u gwari yoruba or nupe so stop whining about tax cos its not only ur bros who are paying d tax. Ride on jare fashola. Let some people keep hating, u will keep taxing them and whether them like or not them must pay or park their dirt to their villages let's see maybe they won't pay tax there. buncha sick psychos.

6 Likes

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Akshow: 3:23am On Apr 30, 2013
Na wa o. Na real wa for black belle people o. Those shouting foul and belittling the effort of fashola are no doubt from a specific tribe. Igbo son and co, would it kill u to admit for once that fash is worth ten of ur thiefing governors in the east? And before u start barking tax payer money, don't they pay tax in the east? Upload any feasible project the governors of ur state use tax payers money to carry out. And fyi tax is not a tribal thing in lag. Everyone pays tax be u gwari yoruba or nupe so stop whining about tax cos its not only ur bros who are paying d tax. Ride on jare fashola. Let some people keep hating, u will keep taxing them and whether them like or not them must pay or park their dirt to their villages let's see maybe they won't pay tax there. buncha sick psychos. If u use half of the energy u use to scrutinize whine complain and pokenose into lag tax payers money, on ur governors in d east, I bet u the south west migration of ur people will decrease. Oshisko entities

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:01am On Apr 30, 2013
Yorubas are doing well, just like ''keneking'' will say:''Igbos are doing well''.
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by musiwa24: 4:03am On Apr 30, 2013
that is not a suspension bridge..

this is a suspension bridge

4 Likes

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by tsomething: 4:06am On Apr 30, 2013
Are Nigerians so gullible or do we just choose to ignore the fact just because its Fashola's bridge? That bridge isn't a suspension bridge. Can't you see clearly that it's supported on piers like every conventional bridge in Nigeria and the cables were just attached for aesthetics and additional support. please Google and look at the images and principles of a suspended bridge, you would see that it's supported primarily on suspension cables .
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by tpia5: 4:11am On Apr 30, 2013
i think the designs have changed, people should calm down.

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by tpia5: 4:14am On Apr 30, 2013

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by tpia5: 4:14am On Apr 30, 2013

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by tpia5: 4:15am On Apr 30, 2013

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by tpia5: 4:16am On Apr 30, 2013

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by tpia5: 4:21am On Apr 30, 2013

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:39am On Apr 30, 2013
EKO O NI BAJE OOOO

Fashola is working , Lagos is moving

2 Likes

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:57am On Apr 30, 2013
I'd think twice before crossing it.

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Kairoseki77: 5:05am On Apr 30, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Nice one! Though i think your thread title could do with a little tweaking, as Fashola didn't build anything (he'd have to be Superman to perform such a feat)......he signed the contract papers for Julius Berger to build it using Lagos tax payers money.
t-something:
Are Nigerians so gullible or do we just choose to ignore the fact just because its Fashola's bridge? That bridge isn't a suspension bridge. Can't you see clearly that it's supported on piers like every conventional bridge in Nigeria and the cables were just attached for aesthetics and additional support. please Google and look at the images and principles of a suspended bridge, you would see that it's supported primarily on suspension cables .
zetdee: I'd think twice before crossing it.
[size=20pt]Why are you so upset?

Where is your second Niger Bridge?

Hope you don't vote GEJ because of tribalism, when a Fash presidency could actually build the bridge for you.
[/size]

9 Likes

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by naptu2: 5:05am On Apr 30, 2013
We've been monitoring progress on the construction of the bridge (since 2011) on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/829205/fashola-inspects-ikoyi-bridge-now

You can get technical specifications, pictures (some of the pictures on skyscraper city where taken from that thread), etc.

The bridge is actually ready (it's in my neighbourhood), they are just putting finishing touches to the toll plaza. I think the court case (Onogoruwa vs Lagos State) is also stalling the commissioning of the bridge, but Julius Berger vehicles often use the bridge. It's absolutely beautiful at night when they turn the lights on.
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by AjanleKoko: 5:42am On Apr 30, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Can any civil engineers in the house tell us the benefits of using the suspension model as against building a plain old bridge (like third mainland and others); and i thought suspension bridges are meant to have two of those suspension towers undecided......don't know the technical implications, but it just looks more balanced and pleasing to the eye.

They put in the suspension cos that route is a sailing and ferry route ( five cowrie creek).

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by seunmsg(m): 5:52am On Apr 30, 2013
redsun: Things should be seen fundamentally.City building starts from the basics to the sumptuous.The romans or the egyptians used the aquaeducts to supply their cities with safe useable and drinkable water.But in 21st century nigeria,half of city dwellers still can't get useable and drinkable water without enormous fuss and life threatening diseases. And in the same city,the marvel and height of bridge building technology and knowhow is being showcased,just because they can simply pay oyinbos enormously to come and mount it,while the people still lack the basics.
this thread is all about the newly constructed suspension bridge. If u want to rant about drinkable water, just go and open a new thread and stop derailing this one.
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:10am On Apr 30, 2013
[b][/b]
IGBO-SON:
Can any civil engineers in the house tell us the benefits of using the suspension model as against building a plain old bridge (like third mainland and others); and i thought suspension bridges are meant to have two of those suspension towers undecided......don't know the technical implications, but it just looks more balanced and pleasing to the eye.

i wonder what makes that a suspension bridge.

this is a pix of a typical suspension bridge.

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by naptu2: 6:12am On Apr 30, 2013
Is it a suspension bridge? Engineers have addressed that question on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/829205/fashola-inspects-ikoyi-bridge-now
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by DHeirApparent: 6:13am On Apr 30, 2013
Let him focus on d mainland were more than
70 percent of lagos population reside. We nid
Bridges on d mainland too.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by naptu2: 6:17am On Apr 30, 2013
D-Heir Apparent:
Let him focus on d mainland were more than
70 percent of lagos population reside. We nid
Bridges on d mainland too.

Okota Link Bridge?

2 Likes

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by cfours: 6:39am On Apr 30, 2013
baynix:

igbo-son (weed-pikin)

rotflmao grin grin
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by revolt(m): 6:57am On Apr 30, 2013
pRogressive move by BRF! My probs is y after using tax payers money to build the bridge, whts the morality of a toll gate? Ok tht one na 4 APC thiefs! For those abusin GEJ I fink he's outdone OBJ in interstate road dualizations n he fixed the Jinx! Ore benin rd
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by cfours: 6:59am On Apr 30, 2013
revolt: pRogressive move by BRF! My probs is y after using tax payers money to build the bridge, [b]whts the morality of a toll gate? [/b]Ok tht one na 4 APC thiefs! For those abusin GEJ I fink he's outdone OBJ in interstate road dualizations n he fixed the Jinx! Ore benin rd

maybe for maintenance?
maybe to cover the cost ( in case loan was used for part of cost) etc
I don't know.
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by toshacer: 7:10am On Apr 30, 2013
Is this really a suspension bridge? I can see pillars holding the bridge in place. OP. You dont know the meaning of suspension bridge?
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by naptu2: 7:19am On Apr 30, 2013
grin I think most of the arguments that have been settled on the other thread will be repeated here.

1) Won't it cause traffic jams (on Bourdillon, Admiralty and Alexander)?

2) Is it really a suspension bridge?

3) Why is it tolled?

4) Why does it curve round the cape?

I think I'll invite people from the other thread to come and comment on this thread.
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by naptu2: 7:23am On Apr 30, 2013
My picture from the other thread.

[img]http://74.91.19.186/attachments/1035894_Lekki_Bridge_jpge1cc043156ead119803e666be01e33d0[/img]

The part of the bridge that curves round the cape (Olateju Crescent) rests on piers, while the part that spans Five Cowry Creek is supported by cables. (When I go for my evening walk, I've often seen Otedola's yacht, the Prest Lunch Cruise and SeaCat sail under the suspended part of the bridge)

3 Likes

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by brodalikeme(m): 7:27am On Apr 30, 2013
This does not look like a suspension bridge to me. I just see cables descending from a tower. The basic structural requirement for a suspension bridge are lacking. Am seeing only one tower, and the cables that hold the weight of the deck are anchored to the bridge itself instead of the end of the bridge.
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by esere826: 7:29am On Apr 30, 2013
@OP

My look at the external look and feel of the bridge tells me that the suspension is mainly for aesthetic purpose only.
In fact, I dont think the suspension works at all.
the dstance between the piers seem to invalidate the need for a suspsnsion
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by esere826: 7:31am On Apr 30, 2013
kai politicians and contractors wan deceive us ni
dem no know say we get sense

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari Stuns On The Cover Of Oracle Magazine / Jonathan Campaigns In Rivers, As The People Troop Out En Mass / Boko Haram Captures Military Items From Soldiers In Borno - Terror Monitor (Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.