Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria (42501 Views)

China Builds First 600-feet High, Glass-bottomed Bridge In The World (photos) / Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) / N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 30, 2013
I still stand by my statement "I'd thing twice before crossing it" Look how many bridges have colapsed in China in just one year due to corruption, something that plaques 9ja. Nigerians be warned.

www.businessinsider.com/china-bridge-collapses-2012-8?op=1
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 30, 2013
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by naptu2: 10:26pm On Apr 30, 2013
zetdee: I still stand by my statement "I'd thing twice before crossing it" Look how many bridges have colapsed in China in just one year due to corruption, something that plaques 9ja. Nigerians be warned.

www.businessinsider.com/china-bridge-collapses-2012-8?op=1

I wonder what he'd say about the cable car system.
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by naptu2: 10:35pm On Apr 30, 2013
Now, since we've now gotten the three route entrance/exit points that I dreamt about and now that the ferry system is up and running, it's time to examine my wish list for my Lekki.

1) The Green Line: This is my main wish. I can barely wait for it to be built.

2) The return of the TUC BRT buses: The TUC buses made everything simple and easy. They were hundreds of times better than the LagBus system. I wonder why they stopped operating. (I would have preferred the segregated system, rather than the priority system).

3) Eko Water Buses: Tarzan has started using the new boats. SeaCat should follow suit.

4) Expansion of the Ajah-Langbasa Road and construction of the Fourth Mainland Bridge.
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 30, 2013
@ naptu2 are u fashola? cool

Lagos the pride of Nigeria
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by naptu2: 10:43pm On Apr 30, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: @ naptu2 are u fashola? cool

Lagos the pride of Nigeria

cheesy I'm going to add that to my list.

Let's see. . . . All the things I've been called on nairaland.

"Government official or SSS agent", "Benefiting from Lagos State Government", "Yoruba Boy", "Northerner", "GEJ asslicker", "librarian", "journalist", "you people" (I suspect that the guy meant either muslim or northerner), "Fashola". I think there's more.
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by redsun(m): 10:52pm On Apr 30, 2013
Cities have risen and fallen for thousands of years.Built by me to show their drives,cultures,architectures,intelligence,ingenuity,beliefs and the joy of being humans.

They rise,they fall.They rise again.All for vanity.

Those that can not build are those that have not discovered the essence of being.And understanding the concept of building lies in understanding the basics.The little things like being able to feed yourself.

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by ekoilee: 11:09pm On Apr 30, 2013
naptu2: Now, since we've now got the three route entrance/exit points that I dreamt about and now that the ferry system is up and running, it's time to examine my wish list for my Lekki.

1) The Green Line: This is my main wish. I can barely wait for it to be built.

2) The return of the TUC BRT buses: The TUC buses made everything simple and easy. They were hundreds of times better than the LagBus system. I wonder why they stopped operating. (I would have preferred the segregated system, rather than the priority system).

3) Eko Water Buses: Tarzan has started using the new boats. SeaCat should follow suit.

4) Expansion of the Ajah-Langbasa Road and construction of the Fourth Mainland Bridge.

Amen.

Even with all the odds, bad bele distractions and needless blockings in a hostile environment, we are doing great and achieving a lot.

Metro Rail is around the corner, lekki airport is in the near horizon and Ropeways is still coming to add cable cars? We are set..

This is a brilliant multi faceted approach and we are seeing the results in our lifetime just between 2 administrations and I don't see any end or shortage of vision, dedication and will to aim for any goal.

Long Live The Great State Of Lagos..

To oju o'ba ti ehin igbeti, oju o'ni ti ilu eko.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by tpia5: 11:14pm On Apr 30, 2013
ireakari o!
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by dokunbam(m): 11:14pm On Apr 30, 2013
Eko oni baje oo
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by moodswing(m): 11:29pm On Apr 30, 2013
Soon, people will be charged to breathe in Lagos.

Gov't takes tax payers money to build infrastructures for the people, then asks them to pay or it. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

EKo Ni BAje oooo.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by tpia5: 11:38pm On Apr 30, 2013
Gov't takes tax payers money to build infrastructures for the people, then asks them to pay or it.

what a dumb post
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by CyberG: 1:36am On May 01, 2013
I have read most of the posts here and it seems some people are really created to suffer in that country or born with the curse of foolishness. Call it by any name, most people forget something very important in Nigeria and Lagos particularly: hold-ups which mean dead load! For anyone who did not take a course in structures or mechanics, a bridge is not a parking lot where cars are held up in traffic for several minutes or hours ==> dead load. Without the adapted design using columns to support and bear more of the load (think partial redundancy design or fault tolerance), how long will it be before a multi billion naira structure collapses killing perhaps hundreds of motorists on the bridge at that time? Or is it more important to blindly copy designs from other countries whose traffic patterns are different than Lagos?

For those whose only job is to demean anything from the West, what are your governors doing? Every week, we read about something positive being commissioned or constructed in the SW, but nothing in your own state or regions. It is either your leaders are traveling out to treat headaches, fighting each other on who should be the next governor, borrowing billions of naira in addition to high monthly allocations, etc. If indeed your governors and states are doing much better, then may your lives be run just as your leaders are running your states! Say Amen!

4 Likes

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:43am On May 01, 2013
^^^Bro, the mindless hatred and jealousy is just nauseating, tbh... I still don't know how they turned the whole thread to a suspension bridge argument when it's obvious to anyone with eyes free of acute glaucoma that suspension cables are anchored at the middle of the bridge...

Most of these people are psychotic duffers whose brain cells ought to be donated to a medical laboratory for research purposes... grin
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by OgbuefiNegro: 2:03am On May 01, 2013
naptu2:

cheesy I'm going to add that to my list.

Let's see. . . . All the things I've been called on nairaland.

"Government official or SSS agent", "Benefiting from Lagos State Government", "Yoruba Boy", "Northerner", "GEJ asslicker", "librarian", "journalist", "you people" (I suspect that the guy meant either muslim or northerner), "Fashola". I think there's more.

Austin Peter's pikin
Peter Obe

lol
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by OgbuefiNegro: 2:07am On May 01, 2013
redsun: Cities have risen and fallen for thousands of years.Built by me to show their drives,cultures,architectures,intelligence,ingenuity,beliefs and the joy of being humans.

Those that can not build are those that have not discovered the essence of being.And understanding the concept of building lies in understanding the basics.The little things like being able to feed yourself.

if you are not able to feed yourself but you have a beauty to parade (Eko for show), you will succeed attracting a crowd that will come in and feed you (Eko o ni baje). cool
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by OgbuefiNegro: 2:18am On May 01, 2013
CyberG: I have read most of the posts here and it seems some people are really created to suffer in that country or born with the curse of foolishness. Call it by any name, most people forget something very important in Nigeria and Lagos particularly: hold-ups which mean dead load! For anyone who did not take a course in structures or mechanics, a bridge is not a parking lot where cars are held up in traffic for several minutes or hours ==> dead load. Without the adapted design using columns to support and bear more of the load (think partial redundancy design or fault tolerance), how long will it be before a multi billion naira structure collapses killing perhaps hundreds of motorists on the bridge at that time? Or is it more important to blindly copy designs from other countries whose traffic patterns are different than Lagos?

For those whose only job is to demean anything from the West, what are your governors doing? Every week, we read about something positive being commissioned or constructed in the SW, but nothing in your own state or regions. It is either your leaders are traveling out to treat headaches, fighting each other on who should be the next governor, borrowing billions of naira in addition to high monthly allocations, etc. If indeed your governors and states are doing much better, then may your lives be run just as your leaders are running your states! Say Amen!

....I have said before that if igbos are serious about getting second Niger bridge and a seaport at Onitsha they better pay attention and make dayam sure that they put Yoruba in Aso Rock 2015. an Igbo president will not do it for them because they have no clue how to build cities, Hausa will not do it for them and Ijaw dont want their competition. the only people who love erecting cities and structures and institutions are Yorubas.

Yoruba in Aso Rock = suspension bridge in Onitsha + seaport as a bonus.

Igbos must vote a Yoruba president.
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:11am On May 01, 2013
dammytosh:

What type of useless Government builds 1.358km of bridge for 29Billion naira. $180million +. Jesus Christ !!!! shocked shocked shocked

And reason why i fear voting for APC abi na OPC is the fact that all basic ammenities provided would be tolled. After all these tax ?

Unfortunately , there is no hope as the Government in Abuja is clueless and lacks direction.

Prosterity will judge all these Leaders and sycophant and ignorant followers. sad cry cry cry cry

Abeg shut up there and take 2 back seats on top molue. WHat has GEJ done with all the trillions allocated for different projcts in Naija? Have you seen anything tangible out of all of it? everywhere there are abandoned and uncompleted projects all over Nigeria. If Fashola can spend 29 billion and a bridge comes out of it, then kudos to him.
All these haters just keep coming to this thread like house flies lipsrsealed
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by EkoIle1: 4:18am On May 01, 2013
CyberG: I have read most of the posts here and it seems some people are really created to suffer in that country or born with the curse of foolishness. Call it by any name, most people forget something very important in Nigeria and Lagos particularly: hold-ups which mean dead load! For anyone who did not take a course in structures or mechanics, a bridge is not a parking lot where cars are held up in traffic for several minutes or hours ==> dead load. Without the adapted design using columns to support and bear more of the load (think partial redundancy design or fault tolerance), how long will it be before a multi billion naira structure collapses killing perhaps hundreds of motorists on the bridge at that time? Or is it more important to blindly copy designs from other countries whose traffic patterns are different than Lagos?

This is rather unfortunate especially considering the fact that the whole region put together sits around and beg beg beg like bambiala for common bridge year after year, even with river port, den shut their begging mouth up by painting one village warehouse and add 2 forklifts, after begging for airport, den dash dem the same dirty airport with ribbon and roof ladder.... while their lazy and gutless state and national leaders sidon like incompetent mumu...

The thing is, all their tantrums and lashing out on NL = expressing their pain, misery, anguish and miserable existence.

How would you feel if all you know or are exposed to is killings, extortion, kidnappings, lazy and docile good for nothing borehole commissioning leaders... You just got to feel sorry for them.

smf....

3 Likes

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by naptu2: 5:08am On May 01, 2013
Ogbuefi_Negro:

Austin Peter's pikin
Peter Obe

lol

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Good morning.
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by OgbuefiNegro: 5:25am On May 01, 2013
naptu2:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Good morning.

Good morning my brother. lol.

oh i forgot o, add "oko ishilove" put for the names. where is she, surprised she hasnt shown up.
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by naptu2: 5:34am On May 01, 2013
Ogbuefi_Negro:

Good morning my brother. lol.

oh i forgot o, add "oko ishilove" put for the names. where is she, surprised she hasnt shown up.

https://www.nairaland.com/1205583/iyawo-nylon-bag/24

https://www.nairaland.com/1272634/iyawo-nylon-bag-gist-thread
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Scarpon(m): 7:05pm On May 02, 2013
fashola best governor ever
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Scarpon(m): 5:26pm On May 03, 2013
fashola for 2015

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by naptu2: 12:48am On May 25, 2013
They are seriously preparing for Wednesday (when the bridge will be commissioned). The gates have been removed and replaced by vehicle height restriction bars (I guess large trucks and buses will not be allowed to use the bridge). They brought in a street sweeper to sweep that portion of Admiralty Road and they've finished planting the garden at the new roundabout.
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by EkoIle1: 12:55am On May 25, 2013
naptu2: They are seriously preparing for Wednesday (when the bridge will be commissioned). The gates have been removed and replaced by vehicle height restriction bars (I guess large trucks and buses will not be allowed to use the bridge). They brought in a street sweeper to sweep that portion of Admiralty Road and they've finished planting the garden at the new roundabout.

Good news.

Thanks for the update..
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by ba7man(m): 9:09am On May 25, 2013
redsun: Cities have risen and fallen for thousands of years.Built by me to show their drives,cultures,architectures,intelligence,ingenuity,beliefs and the joy of being humans.

All that poetry because of food. Are you waiting for the Government to come feed you?? SMH for these peeps that like food too much. No matter how much food you give the poor, they'll always come back for more. Educate them, arm them with skills and empower the upper and middle class to employ them. That's how you help them.......Sheeez!! Some people sha, Advocating for the "poor" as if they're truely that concerned.
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by naptu2: 9:51am On May 25, 2013
It's funny you know, I didn't see that "feeding yourself" comment. I've been using this bridge as an example on the "poverty alleviation" threads. The media will report projects like this bridge and Eko Atlantic City because they are "amazing" and "sexy". They'll craft great headlines and devote lots of column inches to them. But they will barely report the "feeding yourself" initiatives because they are not as sexy and sensational. However, that does not mean that they do not exist. I can copy all my posts from the "poverty alleviation threads" and post them here if you want.
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by naptu2: 10:18am On May 25, 2013
@ Eko-Ile: have you seen what's going on at Obalende? I took some pictures of the MacGregor Canal the other day, I plan to go back and take more. It's simply AMAZING!
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Kairoseki77: 10:26am On May 25, 2013
naptu2: @ Eko-Ile: have you seen what's going on at Obalende? I took some pictures of the MacGregor Canal the other day, I plan to go back and take more. It's simply AMAZING!

What happened?
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by EkoIle1: 1:56pm On May 25, 2013
naptu2: @ Eko-Ile: have you seen what's going on at Obalende? I took some pictures of the MacGregor Canal the other day, I plan to go back and take more. It's simply AMAZING!

Please post pics abeg, I can't wait to see the NEW Obalende after the transformation. What a good test of will and commitment by the state to transform that area for good.
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by naptu2: 4:14am On May 27, 2013
They've turned the lights on again. smiley It looks B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Aisha Yesufu's Gift To Her Daughter For Making 8As In WAEC / Jimi In Lekki Admiralty To Inspect Incident (pictures) / Oshodi Violence: MC Oluomo Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.