Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Does Love Exist? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Love Exist? (1297 Views)

Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? / Does Love Exist Over The Net? / Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Love Exist? by Nobody: 11:32am On May 01, 2013
The below is my posit:

LOVE DOESN'T REALLY EXIST PER SAY.

Its hard to believe but trust me. Humans do not have the capacity to love as such.

We are all fallible.

A man or woman will leave you when you become crippled. He or she might stay but will not be happy but remember love they say should be long suffering.

We only have accommodation.
Love that is necessary because of marriage.
We have what we call "getting used to".
Fear of loosing someone as well as inferiority complex also makes us believe we are in love.
Culture also "delusively" deceive us that we are in love
Love is not "possible" amongst humans
EVEN THE LOVE FOR GOD IS FACILITATED BY FEAR of hell or the reward of Heaven
We love a woman also because of certain reasons; shape, childbirth and the rest

Love is a topic that is difficult to explain.
Re: Does Love Exist? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:20pm On May 01, 2013
Do the math.
Love is jes like a religion, u only need to create ur own doctrine!
Re: Does Love Exist? by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 01, 2013
As a universal position coming from me, I would only say we have "temporary acts of love".

SLIDE waxie, CAN YOU PLEASE EXPATIATE?... I really want to learn about love.
Re: Does Love Exist? by 50calibre(m): 1:40pm On May 01, 2013
SLIDE waxie: Do the math.
Love is jes like a religion, u only need to create ur own doctrine!

How can you compare love to religion? Religion is that thing or belief that transcends the physical, that transcends life or death itself, a moral compass, a promise of reward for good deed, an essence of life

WHEREAS

Love is just a thing created by movies and fiction, a thing virtually non existent in today's world, a thing as inconsistent as the weather, a thing that ends with death.
Re: Does Love Exist? by pendo89(f): 1:44pm On May 01, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/710247/love-does-not-exist-lets

take a stroll along that thread first. grin
Re: Does Love Exist? by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 01, 2013
pendo89: https://www.nairaland.com/710247/love-does-not-exist-lets

take a stroll along that thread first. grin

Pendo I believe you should simply share your opinion.

This is a new line of thought... A position. An argument based on my premise that love is simply a temporary act just like happiness which I also believe do not exist.

We have temporary acts of love
We have temporary state of happiness and there is no such thing as happiness (This is for another time).
Re: Does Love Exist? by jubrealguy(m): 3:10pm On May 01, 2013
Love truly does exist but it is overrated
Re: Does Love Exist? by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 01, 2013
jubrealguy: Love truly does exist but it is overrated

Please I would like you to try and make sense.
Re: Does Love Exist? by jubrealguy(m): 3:21pm On May 01, 2013
@tjololade:

Please I would like you to try and make sense.
How on earth am i not making sense
Re: Does Love Exist? by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 01, 2013
jubrealguy: How on earth am i not making sense

I mean you should expatiate your stance....
Re: Does Love Exist? by jubrealguy(m): 3:57pm On May 01, 2013
@tjololade:

I mean you should expatiate your stance....
When it boils down to this love of a thing, we tend to expect more than we ought to, we talk about it more than its actual worth, we tend to forget that it fades, when we are in it, we feel like it's an eternal feeling. I just wish i could explain myself better because I don't really know if m making sense. All i know is that we exaggerate this love of a thing

1 Like

Re: Does Love Exist? by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 01, 2013
jubrealguy: When it boils down to this love of a thing, we tend to expect more than we ought to, we talk about it more than its actual worth, we tend to forget that it fades, when we are in it, we feel like it's an eternal feeling. I just wish i could explain myself better because I don't really know if m making sense. All i know is that we exaggerate this love of a thing

You are making sense bro... That's deep.
Re: Does Love Exist? by Princesszoe: 5:00pm On May 01, 2013
Yes love exist although majority of people who got married and started cheating never loved their woman or man even before getting married. Love doesn't hurt. Love does not fade no matter the years spent together. Love is faithful. Love will always settle their disputes before the dawn. Love understands. Love in another term means "one flesh".
Re: Does Love Exist? by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 01, 2013
Princess zoe: Yes love exist although majority of people who got married and started cheating never loved their woman or man even before getting married. Love doesn't hurt. Love does not fade no matter the years spent together. Love is faithful. Love will always settle their disputes before the dawn. Love understands. Love in another term means "one flesh".

Alright thanks... Have you experienced this kind of love first hand?
Re: Does Love Exist? by DBestDoc(f): 5:06pm On May 01, 2013
What makes me think the Op is making sense?
I've thought about the fact that two supposedly love Birds could wake up one day and decide they are done with each other.Where did the love go then?the promises,the beautiful moments spent together
what happened to the LOVE...... You wanna walk away from her,you wanna divorce him.I thought you guys LOVED each other?

Its irreconciliable...... what happened to forgiveness or at least the LOVE....(that you professed for each other).
Im still thinking hard cos i use that word LOVE....almost everyday.LOVE.......LOVE....LOVE.maybe Affection is a better word.

its right we have affection for our loved ones,but LOVE.........?YEAH I GUESS WE LOVE THEM TOO or damn,im still confused about the word LOVE.There is LOVE... surely,but we use it interchangeably with the feeling we have, that feeling of ATTRACTION when we are INFATUATED or in LUST.Like they say CHANGE is the only constant thing.Hence(infatuation, attraction,and lust) are not constant.
Maybe it doesnt really exist like im beginning to feel.It could be real though, for people that know what it is and do things the right way.
Does love exist?im still thinking...
Re: Does Love Exist? by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 01, 2013
D_BestDoc: What makes me think the Op is making sense?
I've thought about the fact that two supposedly love Birds could wake up one day and decide they are done with each other.Where did the love go then?the promises,the beautiful moments spent together
what happened to the LOVE...... You wanna walk away from her,you wanna divorce him.I thought you guys LOVED each other?

Its irreconciliable...... what happened to forgiveness or at least the LOVE....(that you professed for each other).
Im still thinking hard cos i use that word LOVE....almost everyday.LOVE.......LOVE....LOVE.maybe Affection is a better word.

its right we have affection for our loved ones,but LOVE.........?YEAH I GUESS WE LOVE THEM TOO or damn,im still confused about the word LOVE.There is LOVE... surely,but we use it interchangeably with the feeling we have, that feeling of ATTRACTION when we are INFATUATED or in LUST.Like they say CHANGE is the only constant thing.Hence(infatuation, attraction,and lust) are not constant.
Maybe it doesnt really exist like im beginning to feel.It could be real though, for people that know what it is and do things the right way.
Does love exist?im still thinking...

Thank you for your post. I appreciate it and you ask a great deal of questions.

The supposedly couples in love who professed love to each other but ended up breaking up realized late that they never really loved each other or were so ignorant to believe love existed.

If you stay in such relationship and did not divorce your wife or husband then I must say there is usually something to it. Sometimes its simply because they want to accommodate each other or because the society frowns at it or simply because of religious precepts

Love in the family is another thing entirely that I would like people to explain.

I believe given certain circumstances, family will fail.

This here is not my opinion but in sociology, they have explained the love of parents using the exchange theory. Parents they say love you for fear of neglect in the future or basically they want something in return from you.
Re: Does Love Exist? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:09pm On May 01, 2013
50calibre:

How can you compare love to religion? Religion is that thing or belief that transcends the physical, that transcends life or death itself, a moral compass, a promise of reward for good deed, an essence of life

WHEREAS

Love is just a thing created by movies and fiction, a thing virtually non existent in today's world, a thing as inconsistent as the weather, a thing that ends with death.
Dude, all i said was,'love is jes LIKE a religion'. In that context, all i am sayin is what u chose to biliv in, and u do so blindly! Have u ever wondered, if as a christian now, u were born into a muslim family, won't u be against the xtians now? Or the sheik today was born into a xtian family, won't he be against d muslims today?
And wen i said u define ur own doctrines, i meant,set a limit for urself!

Celestials dnt wear shoes wit their sultanas to church. it is their standard set by doctrine. others biliv it's stupidity. But yet, they held on to it even though some think it's madness!

Back to my point:
U see, wen u biliv in love, u set a limit for urself. Open ur brain. Be in charge. Dnt be pushed by mere emotions to do wot u will eventually regret. And on the contrary, u can do it if it so pleases u. We're still on the same page: ur doctrine!
Re: Does Love Exist? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:14pm On May 01, 2013
@tjololade:
As a universal position coming from me, I would only say we have "temporary acts of love".

SLIDE waxie, CAN YOU PLEASE EXPATIATE?... I really want to learn about love.
u might need to read carefully and decide ow u fall in love. Read my comments, read others, learn from experience, and love wit ur brain intact!
https://www.nairaland.com/1274950/most-painful-thing-done-love
Re: Does Love Exist? by olumaxi(m): 10:25pm On May 01, 2013
Listenin to black-eye-pea 'where is d lov'
Re: Does Love Exist? by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 01, 2013
Love exists but very few are privileged to actually experience it.
Most People mistaken lust and infatuation for love.

Apart from my own opinion, everyone defines love in a different way.
Re: Does Love Exist? by aniiii(f): 11:12pm On May 01, 2013
######
Re: Does Love Exist? by Nobody: 3:03am On May 02, 2013
IMHO,
Love(''Romantic Love'' not Parental/Family's Love) is an extreme situation that can hardly be attained by Man....!!!

Love is a perfect situation that depict ''for better for worse,under the rain or in the sun'' u would always feel emotionally attached to your partner without ''any iota of doubt or heart disturbance or mind boogling'' ............. shocked ( how many man/woman has that emotional/mind potential to bear with his/her partner after one suffered a fatal calamity) huh undecided

Love must be factorless I.e U must appreciate ur partner for whom he/she is, not for handsomeness,beauty or material things thereby if these attributes shd ceased to exist.....u must still be emotionally attached same way as when they exist ........ahahaha ......funny.... shocked

Some say love is blind cause u hardly see fault in your patner .........

I say Love is unattainable as far as we are MAN......

I believe in ''CONCEPT of RESPONSIBILITIES'' which implies;

The Husband owe ''duty of care'' to the wife...... He ''must'' ensure she is emotionally and physically okay.......bring happiness to her(u kno, all those paparazzi,kneelin down,buying gift,soothing words,romance,kids,domestic chores et all) and always endeavour to charge her for the best(Correct her if need be,wetin be blind love),respect her wish and opinion...............be there for her simply because that is the duty as the ''Husband'' .....!!! Vice versa,the Wife !!!

Just like the Office/working place and its complexities............u just do what u re hired to do else,u got fired!!!

If the above ''concept of resonsibilities'' is now what una dey call ''LOVE'' then fine.......anything more na wah ooo!!!

May God Bless Us With Our Dream Partner,Amen!!!
Re: Does Love Exist? by Nobody: 7:51am On May 02, 2013
Donroxy na wa ooo... undecided
Re: Does Love Exist? by Nobody: 7:56am On May 02, 2013
carefreewannabe: Love exists but very few are privileged to actually experience it.
Most People mistaken lust and infatuation for love.

Apart from my own opinion, everyone defines love in a different way.

Hmmm... Saying everyone defines love in a different way is to mean love does not exist except in the mind.

I personally believe that "the magnitude of the word love is not crystallized in its definition".
Re: Does Love Exist? by Princesszoe: 12:00pm On May 02, 2013
Real love exist but an immoral person or sexually loosed person may not see it coming. A discipline person knows when real love is around the corner. Unfortunatly only upright and discipline people experience this emotion. Love does not fade. Any feeling that fades was never love initally. Love does not hurt nor cheat. NEVER it doesn't
Re: Does Love Exist? by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 02, 2013
@tjololade:
Donroxy na wa ooo... undecided
Na True ooo....

To me,The True Love that exist is the emotional attachment u have for ur parents and ur children......even this attimes has been proven wrong.........

Love is Fallacy...............Just do your duty as a husband/wife........shikena!!!
Re: Does Love Exist? by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 03, 2013
Mhhheeennn na wa ooo

(1) (Reply)

Simple Steps To Get A Kiss On A First Date / How Can I Keep A Relationship Without Acting Wayward?? / Which City Has The Highest Numbers Of RUNZ Girls??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.