Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,481 members, 7,954,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:07 AM

Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? (27045 Views)

Men Do You Respect These Kind Of Ladies ?(pics) / How Much Do You Value Your Girlfriend? / Men, Do You Value Inner Beauty? (Be Honest) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Debra851: 2:42am On May 03, 2013
I am a woman with a Ph.D. from a top American university. People describe me as friendly but men do not look at me or ask me for dates unless I am wearing makeup. Without makeup I am plain looking. Only when I am dressed up and wearing makeup do men approach me for a date! I am still single because most of the time I look plain. Too bad men don't want a smart woman. So can I say that men prefer beauty to intelligence?

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by seedord247(m): 3:20am On May 03, 2013
Maybe you start telling them that you are a woman with an associate degree from a food stamp community college and see if they wont be all over you. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by pleep(m): 5:38am On May 03, 2013
As the great African Scholar CameroonPride would say: "Une femme sans make-up est une femme sans un amouruex."

But i dont think you are right in saying men prefer beauty to intelligence. A decent man is looking for a combination of both... if you posses one but not the other well.....

isn't that what the make-up is for? grin

28 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by BlessedFellow: 5:57am On May 03, 2013
Debra851: I am a woman with a Ph.D. from a top American university. People describe me as friendly but men do not look at me or ask me for dates unless I am wearing makeup. Without makeup I am plain looking. Only when I am dressed up and wearing makeup do men approach me for a date! I am still single because most of the time I look plain. Too bad men don't want a smart woman. So can I say that men prefer beauty to intelligence?
Not all men value beauty over intelligence! Some men prefer a balance between the two. The weight attached to each varies with individual. What defines a lady goes beyond beauty and intelligence, it includes character etc. I think it is the *mix* of these factors that are most important.

18 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by jmoore(m): 6:39am On May 03, 2013
I like the total package smiley

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Turbocharged: 6:50am On May 03, 2013
Are u trying to tell us dat u are naturally ugly, and its d makeup dat make you attractive?

3 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by passionate88: 6:54am On May 03, 2013
Maybe without make up u look ur real age so men dey avoid but wit make up u go cut like 10 yrs comot from ur age cm dey luk like 1 22 yr old okpeke. No blame men for ur condition, just adapt to am.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by k2039: 7:36am On May 03, 2013
I prefer Intelligence over beauty.

5 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 8:03am On May 03, 2013
Mbuk, nyem the two both of them biko.

4 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by pleep(m): 8:04am On May 03, 2013
^ is that annang/ibibio or efik?

Imagine... sexkills is from a civilized tribe undecided
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 8:10am On May 03, 2013
k2039: I prefer
Intelligence over beauty.

you guys should hook up.

11 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 8:15am On May 03, 2013
pleep: As the great
African Scholar CameroonPride would say: "Une femme sans make-up est
une femme sans un amouruex."

But i dont think you are right in saying men prefer beauty to
intelligence. A decent man is looking for a combination of both... if
you posses one but not the other well.....

isn't that what the make-up is for? grin

take this guy's advice.
You r lucky, make up can cover for you beauty.
make up cant cover a dull brain.

9 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:34am On May 03, 2013
Debra851: I am a woman with a Ph.D. from a top American university. People describe me as friendly but men do not look at me or ask me for dates unless I am wearing makeup. Without makeup I am plain looking. Only when I am dressed up and wearing makeup do men approach me for a date! I am still single because most of the time I look plain. Too bad men don't want a smart woman. So can I say that men prefer beauty to intelligence?
how does wearing a make up makes u a beauty? Unless u are not that attractive in the first place!
Wearing a make up may get u being noticed, it doesn't say 'u are beautiful'.
U need to be as natural and smart as u are, and let whoever sees u like dt av d interest like dt.

I can't imagine us going on a date and later on my bed. Only for u to emerge from d bathroom for me to scream, 'i rebuke u in Jesus name! What did i jes fuccked'? Wen d make ups has been washed off!!

10 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by pleep(m): 9:10am On May 03, 2013
^ when i saw this one girl i liked sans make-up i almost wept. grin

some women use magic make-up that can transform a manatee into a mermaid.

3 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Mynd44: 9:14am On May 03, 2013
Beauty will fail with age but intelligence will remain

10 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by pleep(m): 9:19am On May 03, 2013
One thing we have to remember here is that...the OP is not really talking about "intelligence" grin She is talking about a PHD. The two are not the same...

A PHD primarily means earning potential... and that is not something men care about when looking for a woman.

16 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Mynd44: 9:21am On May 03, 2013
pleep: One thing we have to remember here is that...the OP is not really talking about "intelligence" grin She is talking about a PHD. The two are not the same...

A PHD primarily means earning potential... and that is not something men care about when looking for a woman.

Well that earning potential is more important than beauty. What is beauty when we are taking about assets and liabilities
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by pleep(m): 9:23am On May 03, 2013
^ we are talking about men here grin most guys dont think like that.

whats an asset to an actual a$$?

4 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Mynd44: 9:37am On May 03, 2013
pleep: ^ we are talking about men here grin most guys dont think like that.

whats an asset to an actual a$$?

Well that's for most men. Personally, the earning potential trumps arsè.

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by ezemoses(m): 9:40am On May 03, 2013
sister the outside attracts and the brain keeps. You must do your best to look attractive on the outside so that you catch him then use your intelligence to keep hm. for you its already easy. you already know what works for you ( make up and all) so after your catch him, you can stop the make up and show him your true colours. use your mind woman

14 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by 50calibre(m): 9:45am On May 03, 2013
Men prefer beauty for fu*k, brains for marriage. No body wants low IQ kids these days.

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by k2039: 11:45am On May 03, 2013
Mynd_44: Beauty will fail with age but intelligence will remain
Ori e pe gan(Your head is very complete).
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Mynd44: 11:49am On May 03, 2013
k2039: Ori e pe gan(Your head is very complete).
One jare(Thanks)

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by UjSizzle(f): 11:54am On May 03, 2013
sexkillz: Mbuk, nyem the two both of them biko.

greedy boy.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by UjSizzle(f): 11:58am On May 03, 2013
Mynd_44: Beauty will fail with age but intelligence will remain
awww how sweet
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Mynd44: 12:36pm On May 03, 2013
uj_sizzle:
awww how sweet
Careful....Jedijedi is real

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 03, 2013
uj_sizzle:

greedy boy.
Amen. I claim it. As long as wanting a beautiful intelligent lady makes me greedy. cool

2 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Enegod(m): 3:03pm On May 03, 2013
Well everyone can say that "it's what
inside that counts" but to be honest, you
can't be with someone you do not fancy
can you?

5 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by tpia5: 3:25pm On May 03, 2013
Is the op male or female.

One post since signing up in 2010.

Obviously, this is an alternate id.

Anyway, as for your question, many women do not believe they can be beautiful without makeup, nothing wrong with that opinion, its a free world.

However, i think its stretching it rather far to say absolutely no man approaches you unless you wear makeup. That means you're claiming every man is attracted to beauty or what appears to be beauty? Thats not necessarily true.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Inik(m): 3:29pm On May 03, 2013
Real men value intelligence over beauty. An unintelligent man will be intimidated if he marries you. As a woman you need intelligence to run your home. Personally i would go for an intelligent and beautiful woman.

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Mynd44: 3:35pm On May 03, 2013
Inik: Real men value intelligence over beauty. An unintelligent man will be intimidated if he marries you. As a woman you need intelligence to run your home. Personally i would go for an intelligent and beautiful woman.
This is very true. A lot of men can't handle a woman smarter than them so they opt for one who is brainless and they can control as the wish

7 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by tpia5: 3:36pm On May 03, 2013
I watched a show where a lady had this good friend ( male) and they really vibed together.

The lady was the bookish type, not extremely outgoing, but still had her friend circle, so to speak. Her closest friend was this guy mentioned earlier.

Now, for some reason, she went on this makeover show, and got transformed into this really hot girl with makeup, micro minis, hot pants, cleavage displaying and everything. Totally different from her normal appearance. The show was to help people in platonic relationships, decide if they wanted to take it to the next level with their friend. One person went through the makeover, the other person decided if they were ok with it.

Well, at the end of the day, she sprung her surprise on the male friend, but he decided he couldnt handle it and preferred her as she was before. Dont know if they continued as friends or if the whole thing was simply a script written for the camera.

However, even though her friend said he didnt like her new persona ( vixen), i did notice her black male friends ( she's black), were very supportive of her new video vixen look.

Not sure what that implies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Love Story: I Wish I Had Held Back ( Very Touching) / At 10, I Had My First Sex With My Primary School Teacher Right In The Toilet / He Married My Girl When I Was Broke. And He Got Served.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.