Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,720 members, 7,837,623 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

What Are The Benefits Of Living In The Following States? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are The Benefits Of Living In The Following States? (1734 Views)

Amaechi Lands In Rivers In Style Following Wike's Election Verdict (Photos) / Osinbajo Meets With Nigerians Living In Cote D'ivoire (Photos) / "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Benefits Of Living In The Following States? by JimloveTM(m): 9:36pm On May 03, 2013
Please Nairalanders, especially those that live or have stayed in the following cities: I need the Advantages and Disadvantages of staying in the states mentioned below:

CALABAR
ENUGU
ABUJA
DELTA
PORT HARCOURT

Example is this; I stay in Benin so i know that the Advantages are:
Average cost of Living and housing
Virgin land to try out new business ideas
Centrally close to lagos about 280 km or 4hrs
Has recently started becoming clean
Power supply is almost constant about 15hours In 24hours daily

Disadvantages:
No good job or investment opportunities
Security issues
Not industrialized
No access to free or paid seminars on your career field, etc
Average social life
I'll love you to follow this pattern, am currently doing a research on these states on where best someone can live in Nigeria besides lagos.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In The Following States? by Bigcake: 10:53pm On May 03, 2013
CALABAR ; extremely clean, very hospitable, crime rate very low or unheard of, power is manageable, excellently tarred roads, her economy strongly depends on tertiary students. Only beer parlour n real estate moves as a regular business. Disadvantage: usually deserted when Tertiary students r on holidays. Not industralised except for a handful of pure water companies dat springs every nooks n crannies of d city. No major road network. Too much of taxation. Too much of tribalism.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In The Following States? by JimloveTM(m): 11:01pm On May 03, 2013
Bigcake: CALABAR ; extremely clean, very hospitable, crime rate very low or unheard of, power is manageable, excellently tarred roads, her economy strongly depends on tertiary students. Only beer parlour n real estate moves as a regular business. Disadvantage: usually deserted when Tertiary students r on holidays. Not industralised except for a handful of pure water companies dat springs every nooks n crannies of d city. No major road network. Too much of taxation. Too much of tribalism.

Wow Thank you Bro for this. I appreciate. More of the same and others Pls. Nairalanders
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In The Following States? by Coldblooded(m): 1:06am On May 04, 2013
ENUGU: nice and clean city,good power supply, good concentration of the youths owing to its numerous tertiary institutions,cheap accommodation and living costs( things r cheaper especially foods),administrative headquaters.

Disadvantages: cultism,low industrilization,not much of biz activities unless u want to open
bars,cheap food cafes( students can't spend much),boutiques,photocopying centres,football viewing centres etc.
But if u have a job in Enugu u will enjoy the city. I did ma university edu there.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In The Following States? by Coldblooded(m): 1:27am On May 04, 2013
ABUJA:d main town is extremely neat, good rd networks, steady power supply,highest concentration of federal gov establishments(thereby giving large job opportunities),absence of crime.
ABUJA suburbs:nice places to start new biz, good power supply,

DISADVANTAGES: Abuja(town) is not meant for Nigerians(meant for our polithiefians,foreigners, senators n legislooters),d jobs available are rarely there 4 d public,no room for investment for ordinary persons unless d super rich,there is a great discretion btw d rich n d poor, no average Nigerian can live in Abuja town.Security challenges.

ABUJA suburbs:fear of demolition of houses, absence of good roads, rents r unreasonably expensive too, no water supply, security challenges.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In The Following States? by JimloveTM(m): 12:59pm On May 04, 2013
Thanks guys.. Delta and port Harcourt.. Any report on these places or the other places touched before? Where nairalanders dey Na abi Na who wore it better Dem dey comment on

(1) (Reply)

Vicero001: I Am On The Right Of International Law.. Jonathan Is wrong / Why most Yorubas hate seun OSEchukwu=APC=PDP=Tinubu As Bad People / Oritsejafor Has Dragged Christianity Into The Mud – Bishop Kaigama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.