Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo (8143 Views)

Kwankwaso’s Greatest Mistake In Life Was Installing Ganduje As Governor – Aide / “the Issues Of Biafra Was Settled In 1970″ – ACF Blasts Ndigbo Leaders / Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 8:41am On May 04, 2013
@kettykings

^^^^Blah blah blah...

You had 10 years before the civil to show glimpse of that but the Eastern region failed woefully... Heck, most of the success easterners back then were domiciled in Lagos and the western region...

Stop spewing porkies, mate...
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 8:47am On May 04, 2013
undecided Asari at it again. He knows what he is up to,2015 is by the corner. Nigerians we don't need people like Asari to brainwash us to carry out his mission. All we need is a revolution. If GEJ couldn't perform as a president, what gives you the impression that an Igbo man would do better? Let's stop deceiving ourselves. Stop talking about the North,south,East and middle belt. It will not solve the problems of this country,abeg make una dey reason small.

1 Like

Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Joyfullyme: 8:47am On May 04, 2013
Haaaa Izon !!!

Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by ZUBY77(m): 8:51am On May 04, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Any stats to this? Or this is just another,"we are 70% of Lagos?". . I guess something will never change.

I dont need any useless stats to determine what happens where i live and work.
I dont need stats to tell me that From Agbor down to Asaba speak Igbo.
I dont need stats to know that Obigbo down to Ikwere speak Igbo.

Gov Amechi is Igbo.
Uduagha is Igbo.
Fashola is not Igbo.

We know our names wherever we see them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by phantom(m): 8:55am On May 04, 2013
shymexx: @kettykings

^^^^Blah blah blah...

You had 10 years before the civil to show glimpse of that but the Eastern region failed woefully... Heck, most of the success easterners back then were domiciled in Lagos and the western region...

Stop spewing porkies, mate...

youre a foreigner and as such your opinion does not count.

4 Likes

Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Rhino5dm: 8:56am On May 04, 2013
ZUBY77:

Okay, more like your usual arrogant chest beating? Like constituting 40% of Kano population? Smh!
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by asha80(m): 8:57am On May 04, 2013
ZUBY77:

Gov Amechi is Igbo.
Uduagha is Igbo.
Fashola is not Igbo.

uduaghan igbo?why you dey yarn rubbish now.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Afam4eva(m): 8:57am On May 04, 2013
ZUBY77:
Uduagha is Igbo.
Uduaghan is Itsekiri not Igbo.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by ZUBY77(m): 9:01am On May 04, 2013
Afam4eva:
Uduaghan is Itsekiri not Igbo.

Afam relax.
If we begin to divide based on every small tribe, then you may be surprised that some Anambra people like chino will say you from Amechi in Enugu is not Igbo. Itshekiri is not in Katsina or Kano. It is down here in Biafra republic. If you pay a little attention, you will understand their language just like that of Abiriba.
Some dialects from Ebonyi state are more difficult for you to understand than itshekiri. We are expanding daily. Even some parts of edo state speak igbo

4 Likes

Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Rhino5dm: 9:08am On May 04, 2013
ZUBY77:

Afam relax.
If we begin to divide based on every small tribe, then you may be surprised that some Anambra people like chino will say you from Amechi in Enugu is not Igbo. Itshekiri is not in Katsina or Kano. It is down here in Biafra republic. If you pay a little attention, you will understand their language just like that of Abiriba.
Some dialects from Ebonyi state are more difficult for you to understand than itshekiri. We are expanding daily. Even some parts of edo state speak igbo

Another BULLSHIT?. Ol' boy, you dey try ooooooo. Smh!
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by asha80(m): 9:09am On May 04, 2013
ZUBY77:

Afam relax.
nna stop this nonsense wey you dey yarn.you are sounding more foolish.i guess richard mofe damijo,sam omatseye and people that answer tosan are igbo too?guy lay off that weed.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by ZUBY77(m): 9:11am On May 04, 2013
asha 80: nna stop this nonsense wey you dey yarn.you are sounding more foolish.i guess richard mofe damijo,sam omatseye and people that answer tosan are igbo too?guy lay off that weed.

Damijo and omatseye doesnt sound Igbo to me. I dont know about you.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Afam4eva(m): 9:12am On May 04, 2013
ZUBY77:

Afam relax.
And i'm telling you that where Uduaghan comes from, they don't speak Igbo or any language that sounds like Igbo. If anything, it sounds Yoruba. It is Itsekiri not Igbo.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Afam4eva(m): 9:14am On May 04, 2013
ZUBY77:

Damijo and omatseye doesnt sound Igbo to me. I dont know about you.
Damijo and Omatseye come from the same place as Uduaghan. They're not Igbos.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by kettykings: 9:15am On May 04, 2013
Zona.com:
Even a certain middle belt youth forum said something like this sometime last year. Fact is, the 'mistakes' of the past have been made already. What is left now is correction. To Prevent the north from ruling for something like ten years to come is very impossible, that i'm sure of

To make a mistake is one thing , everybody makes mistakes , US once made a mistake of having Usama bin Laden as an ally .

But to keep living in your past mistakes is another thing , People make mistakes so that they can learn from it not so that they keep living in the same mistake and keep stopping others who want to move from the mistake

1 Like

Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by OneNaira6: 9:18am On May 04, 2013
ZUBY77:

Afam relax.

The governor of Delta is not Igbo or any form of Igbo. He's iteskiri and they have nothing in common with Igbo. If we compare the well known tribes in delta, specificall warri, Igbo have more in common with urhobo and Isoko than we do with iteskiri to be honest. Iteskiri have more in common with yoruba btw. Anyway, you are correct that Asaba is Igbo. We are Igbo and very proud of our Igbo origin. The problem with some SE is that very few of am realize SS Igbo plenty much and though we have few low self esteem deniers among us, their population is limited though

3 Likes

Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Rhino5dm: 9:20am On May 04, 2013
Afam, bia why you dey hide my post? Wetin I do you?
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Ejine(m): 9:20am On May 04, 2013
ZUBY77:

Gov Amechi is Igbo.
Uduagha is Igbo.
Fashola is not Igbo.

Nwannem nwoke, Uduaghan is Itsekiri. No dey fall hand like this for public forum.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Afam4eva(m): 9:23am On May 04, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
Afam, bia why you dey hide my post? Wetin I do you?
You're derailing. Wetin Bring Dangote and Sambo inside?
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Bigflamie(m): 9:24am On May 04, 2013
Derailers on target
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by OneNaira6: 9:26am On May 04, 2013
I actually agree with Asari on this. Asaba was like the Ijaws and some other SS members, though we were more neutral, until we were attacked by the Nigerian army. To be honest, though Asaba massacre was a terrible misfortune which cost us a lot of people including my grandfather, I see it as a wakeup call for us. We would have joined some of una crying "mistakes" in 2013 if it never happened. It's a shame the rest didn't wake up till 40 years later. Oh well, it's late now, na history. all I gotta say is that ojukwu dude saw the future. I remember someone posted a video of one of his speeches during that era and what he was saying is exactly what is happening in Nigeria now. I wish zik was like Ojukwu. If only he had the guy vision too.

4 Likes

Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Rhino5dm: 9:26am On May 04, 2013
Afam4eva:
You're derailing. Wetin Bring Dangote and Sambo inside?

You are right though cool.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by kettykings: 9:34am On May 04, 2013
This is the Agenda of the Hausa/Fulani below from excerpts of his speech after conquering the west, declaring a state of emergency in the west and imprisoning Awolowo

The conquest to the sea is now in sight. When our god-sent Ahmadu Bello said some years ago that our conquest will reach the seashores of Nigeria, some idiots in the South were doubting its possibilities. Today have we not reached the sea? Lagos is reached. It remains Port Harcourt. It must be conquered and taken

I often elucidated about a war between the SE/SS on one hand and the NE/NW on the other hand , my message to my fellow SE/SS people is that Nzeogwu was the man who prevented the prophecy of Ahmadu Bello from coming to pass even when Ijaws almost aided this propehcy, This is 2013 , all hands must be on deck , the conquest to the desert must start now the Niger deltans and igbos must form an ally with willing middle belters , the conquest of the desert must be fait accomplished

2 Likes

Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by ikweremilitant: 9:43am On May 04, 2013
Ya asari is right every right thinkng nijer deltan new dat we made a very big mistake by fighting our brodas.the ibos have shown us how affectionately they are by voting for our son beyound our imagination.asari has said it all is either d ss or se or midlebelt arewa can do dia worst I know they have d sw in dia pockets but dey shoud foget it

1 Like

Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by ikweremilitant: 9:55am On May 04, 2013
Ramnon.2:
Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra was our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo
Share This

Asari Leader of the Niger Delta Peoples Volunteer Force (NDPVF), Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo Asari, late this morning spoke about his anguish over the failure by his people to allow the breakaway Republic of Biafra to succeed.

Launched in 1967 by the old East under the command of the late Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, Biafra was crushed three years after by the Nigerian Government and its international allies.

In a post on his Facebook wall around noon, Dokubo regretted the role played by the then so called eastern minorities in sabotaging Biafra. He also cast his vote for an Igbo or Middle Belt person to succeed President Goodluck Jonathan.

The post, which appears to be excerpts of a speech delivered at a meeting of Niger Delta, Igbo and Middle Belt groups, says thus: “Today, if anything will stir me to fight, it is my belief that Biafra was right. When I was growing up, we were told a lot of things to hate Biafra. Maybe some of us were persuaded. But the more I grow up, the more I realize that it was the greatest mistake we made for not allowing Biafra to stand. “You might not feel the pain that I feel, but if an Igbo man does not feel the pain that I feel, I am sorry for him. If an Urhobo man doesn’t feel the pain, I am sorry for him. “What Ojukwu lived and died for, in the coming years, we will see it with our eyes because of the arrogance of a few people that were born to rule, and everybody accepts it. When you want to talk they say leave them alone. Why should I leave them? If you don’t bend your back, nobody will ride you. “For the first time in history, the divide and rule tactics of those who have kept us down failed and the Igbo voted more for President Jonathan than the people of the South-South. “Our gathering today is to bring the gathering of the dispossessed and oppressed people of the Middle Belt, Ndigbo people and the people of the Niger Delta together and we are going to move like a force. “Let nobody be apologetic. What we want is political power. Political power is the key to our development and our dignity, and political power we must own come 2015. If President Jonathan says he is not contesting, we must hold on to the presidency. Either an Igbo man takes it or someone from the Middle Belt, we will continue to hold it.”

https://www.facebook.com/mujahid.dokuboasari?fref=ts

and also

http://thegistarena.com/2013/05/supporting-nigeria-against-biafra-was-our-greatest-mistake-asari-dokubo/
frooooont pAaaage plllEeees
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 9:55am On May 04, 2013
Middle-Belt (apart from part Ebira and Kabbah), the entire SouthEast and Niger-Delta (apart from Edo) will make a great country.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by ikweremilitant: 9:56am On May 04, 2013
Ramnon.2:
Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra was our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo
Share This

Asari Leader of the Niger Delta Peoples Volunteer Force (NDPVF), Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo Asari, late this morning spoke about his anguish over the failure by his people to allow the breakaway Republic of Biafra to succeed.

Launched in 1967 by the old East under the command of the late Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, Biafra was crushed three years after by the Nigerian Government and its international allies.

In a post on his Facebook wall around noon, Dokubo regretted the role played by the then so called eastern minorities in sabotaging Biafra. He also cast his vote for an Igbo or Middle Belt person to succeed President Goodluck Jonathan.

The post, which appears to be excerpts of a speech delivered at a meeting of Niger Delta, Igbo and Middle Belt groups, says thus: “Today, if anything will stir me to fight, it is my belief that Biafra was right. When I was growing up, we were told a lot of things to hate Biafra. Maybe some of us were persuaded. But the more I grow up, the more I realize that it was the greatest mistake we made for not allowing Biafra to stand. “You might not feel the pain that I feel, but if an Igbo man does not feel the pain that I feel, I am sorry for him. If an Urhobo man doesn’t feel the pain, I am sorry for him. “What Ojukwu lived and died for, in the coming years, we will see it with our eyes because of the arrogance of a few people that were born to rule, and everybody accepts it. When you want to talk they say leave them alone. Why should I leave them? If you don’t bend your back, nobody will ride you. “For the first time in history, the divide and rule tactics of those who have kept us down failed and the Igbo voted more for President Jonathan than the people of the South-South. “Our gathering today is to bring the gathering of the dispossessed and oppressed people of the Middle Belt, Ndigbo people and the people of the Niger Delta together and we are going to move like a force. “Let nobody be apologetic. What we want is political power. Political power is the key to our development and our dignity, and political power we must own come 2015. If President Jonathan says he is not contesting, we must hold on to the presidency. Either an Igbo man takes it or someone from the Middle Belt, we will continue to hold it.”

https://www.facebook.com/mujahid.dokuboasari?fref=ts

and also

http://thegistarena.com/2013/05/supporting-nigeria-against-biafra-was-our-greatest-mistake-asari-dokubo/
frooooont pAaaage plllEeees
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 10:01am On May 04, 2013
kettykings:

I am trying hard to digest what you just spewed out, would the Ijaws be fighting to free themselves from what ?
Biafra would have been one of the fastest growing countries in the world , it would have been Technologically at par with the Asain Tigers , Biafra would have been a technology power manufacturing automobiles, refineries, Telecommunication gears, military hardware , electronic gadgets e.t.c Bifara would have also been an economic power at par with most of Europe and Asia.

Biafra would have been a sports Giant, Entertainment Giant producing movies that would winning prizes at cannes and other movies festivals , words can never really define what Biafra really would have been ,it would be more like having a japanese / south Korean country that is made of blacks. it would have been so dignifying to the black race and to the world

Biafra would really have been the real Black giant that would have projected the image of the blacks to the world , i really do not understand where and what Ijaws would be fighting for to free themselves from that type of country or emancipate themselves from Igbos when Igbos never really dominated you even before colonization, we are talking of a country liberated from dead woods who dont think growth but how they can embezzle and kill projects.

This nicca is unbelievable!!!

So, Nigeria stood in the way of south east from becoming all of those things?
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 10:15am On May 04, 2013
django1:

This nicca is unbelievable!!!

So, Nigeria stood in the way of south east from becoming all of those things?

Is Nigeria a dream or a nightmare come true?

Why are Yorubas so defensive about one Nigeria? I can understand the North's concern for unity but you yorubas that claim being the most superior and most civilized still want this contraption to continue. Could it be that the SW is also as parasitic as the north?
Why do yorubas speak of resource control, more decentralized governance but still require free Federal investment in both infrastructure, welfare and oil subsidy?

You want other people's resource but do not want to share yours.

You claim opposition to injustice but your hypocrisy brought on by your greed, jealousy and cowardice will not allow any true reform of the failed system.

Yorubas are a contradiction and a curse to themselves because with or without the SW the SE and Niger-Delta people will succeed in having a Nation state come 2015.
Enjoy your APC alliance!

6 Likes

Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Yeske2(m): 10:22am On May 04, 2013
OK_2_NV:

Is Nigeria a dream or a nightmare come true?

Why are Yorubas so defensive about one Nigeria? I can understand the North's concern for unity but you yorubas that claim being the most superior and most civilized still want this contraption to continue. Could it be that the SW is also as parasitic as the north?
Why do yorubas speak of resource control, more decentralized governance but still require free Federal investment in both infrastructure, welfare and oil subsidy?

You want other people's resource but do not want to share yours.

You claim opposition to injustice but your hypocrisy brought on by your greed, jealousy and cowardice will not allow any true reform of the failed system.

Yorubas are a contradiction and a curse to themselves because with or without the SW the SE and Niger-Delta people will succeed in having a Nation state come 2015.
Enjoy your APC alliance!
Exactly my thoughts too,why are the Yorubas here so defensive of one Nigeria or are they scared of something?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua / ANN Crisis Deepens As Nec Members Declare Factional Presidential Primaries Null / Nigerian Soldier Pulls Uniform As IPOB Security Network Opens Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.