Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo (8158 Views)

Kwankwaso’s Greatest Mistake In Life Was Installing Ganduje As Governor – Aide / “the Issues Of Biafra Was Settled In 1970″ – ACF Blasts Ndigbo Leaders / Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Obiagu1(m): 7:07pm On May 04, 2013
OK_2_NV:
guy this is the map i had in mind but you should have included that broomstick kingdom with aboki koboko empire.

They could join their brother if they want. Afterall, both sides wear agbada lol
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Emperor007: 7:24pm On May 04, 2013
kettykings:

Thank you Bros for the reminder
India which consisted 3 countries india, pakistan, bangladesh would have been busy spending billions of dollars in pursuit of islamic insurgents and suicide bombers rather than on Research and development if they were lumped in the same country in 1950 rather than going their separate ways.

Today India and Pakistan are world economic powers and nuclear and space powers. while Nigeria is busy every year spending billions fighting an internal war while loafers and Hypocrites are shouting one Nigeria

^^^

Their only act is how to drag everybody backwards .

Time would tell, we can not continue to live in deceit of something that doesn't exist.

Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Dedetwo(m): 8:49pm On May 04, 2013
ijaw citizen: Asari Dokubo is the greatest fool Ijawland has ever produced!

You wanna know why he is spewing all this rubbish and at the same portraying Niger Deltans in bad light?
Answer is because he is half Igbo!

The question I want to ask these ALL RIGHTEOUS IGBOS IS: Won't Ijaws be better off in a NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC declared 1966, other than a Biafra decleared in 1967?

It baffles me that these set of Igbos are poor student of history. Let me point out to you all that the North respected the Ijaws in Nigeria until the military took over. And guess who started coup plotting that Northerners mastered better?

You can write the above craps until your miserable life expires on earth. One fact about Nigeria and Biafra remains that dire is cast and the happen has happened. I guess the sure bet for you is to commit suicide because you can not change the historical facts about events of 1967 Nigeria.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by bloggernaija: 9:39pm On May 04, 2013
OK_2_NV: And there is this falsehood the SW keeps spreading or wanting to hear all the time, that their region is the most developed.

How can this be possible?

Let me give you an annalyis why this is a myth.

I will cite the aviation industry and look at key destination airports outside Abuja and Lagos.
I chose aviation sector because globally this sector is used to gauge the strength of any economy. If the aviation sector is in decline then hitherto business and leisure travels will be affected. The airlines are usually the first to declare losses prior to an impending economic crisis and economists use the health of this sector which is highly prone to broad economic factors as a guide. The aviation sector can also be used to show strength and growth as well.

In Nigeria today, the southeast and niger-delta region have huge capcity as destination aeroports. Owerri , Enugu, Calabar, Portharcourt, Asaba, Osubi and even Benin Airports enjoy relatively strong air traffic outside Lagos and Abuja. Volumes of flights to these destinations account for the bulk of local departures out of Lagos and Abuja.

This goes to show that these regions are enjoying strong economic growth or have a huge middle-class population than any other region.
By the way, the strength of which economy are you talking about. Most of those places apart from port harcourt and Benin and partially Enugu are sleepy villages.what other industries do you have in the rest apart from government.

For the north it is either Kano or Maiduguri the reason being more of security challenge.

And as for the SW there isn't any other destined flights to any city outside Lagos.

case closed!

A big pile of poop that is devoid of any reasoning or analysis. Why do I have to travel a distance of 100km by air from Lagos to Ibadan . Why would anyone think a 2hr journey from Ibadan to akure is best undertaken by air .especially with the chaotic and disorganised nature of the aviation sector.happy to say that a wise man will avoid taking any of those flying coffin. Also ,many of those using the airports are executives from the southwest and expatriate going on inspection visits.also bare in mind that any journey by road beyond Benin is like an Hail Mary pass.the Lagos airport is ok for southwest. The Ibadan airport can cater for osun ,kwara and oyo.airports come a dollar a dime. Air transport is nothing different from other forms of transportation . Having flown around Europe and America via regional airlines easyjet ,Thomson ,delta,wizzair etc ,I can safely say that the glamour which used to be attached to the air has gone. The stress involved using this form of transportation makes it the one I dread most.i prefer train ,coach and road in that order.it is only in Naija where air travel is regarded as a status symbol.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by bloggernaija: 9:50pm On May 04, 2013
Obiagu1: Nigeria will still go back to its default countries.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/799572_Countries_in_Nigeria_1900_pngae5a5c9931b6bc3903a8e6d3854bdde5

Dreamers. There will be no biafra beyond the Niger. Mark my words.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by phantom(m): 10:02pm On May 04, 2013
bloggernaija:

A big pile of poop that is devoid of any reasoning or analysis. Why do I have to travel a distance of 100km by air from Lagos to Ibadan . Why would anyone think a 2hr journey from Ibadan to akure is best undertaken by air .especially with the chaotic and disorganised nature of the aviation sector.happy to say that a wise man will avoid taking any of those flying coffin. Also ,many of those using the airports are executives from the southwest and expatriate going on inspection visits.also bare in mind that any journey by road beyond Benin is like an Hail Mary pass.the Lagos airport is ok for southwest. The Ibadan airport can cater for osun ,kwara and oyo.airports come a dollar a dime. Air transport is nothing different from other forms of transportation . Having flown around Europe and America via regional airlines easyjet ,Thomson ,delta,wizzair etc ,I can safely say that the glamour which used to be attached to the air has gone. The stress involved using this form of transportation makes it the one I dread most.i prefer train ,coach and road in that order.it is only in Naija where air travel is regarded as a status symbol.
your well respected OPINION!
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by aurenflani: 10:15pm On May 04, 2013
masu: I agree with asari on this bcus we the middle beltans continue to regret thw mistate our fathers made.

An ibo man love live and let live.

Fuckingg illiterate. I bet they didn't tell ur illiterate drunk head that Gowon was the c in c of the armed forces. Hypocrisy.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Ahasco(m): 10:22pm On May 04, 2013
... When trouble sleeps yanga go wake am, na wetin ide find...
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Ahasco(m): 10:36pm On May 04, 2013
berem: So what's the way forward? fight another war to correct the mistakes of the SouthSouth?

Gbam!
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Ahasco(m): 10:43pm On May 04, 2013
It took you over 50yrs to realize this. You must be a learner. Abeg go piss go sleep!
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by confusion247(m): 10:54pm On May 04, 2013
ijaw citizen: Asari Dokubo is the greatest fool Ijawland has ever produced!

You wanna know why he is spewing all this rubbish and at the same portraying Niger Deltans in bad light?
Answer is because he is half Igbo!

The question I want to ask these ALL RIGHTEOUS IGBOS IS: Won't Ijaws be better off in a NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC declared 1966, other than a Biafra decleared in 1967?

It baffles me that these set of Igbos are poor student of history. Let me point out to you all that the North respected the Ijaws in Nigeria until the military took over. And guess who started coup plotting that Northerners mastered better?

Dedetwo:

You can write the above craps until your miserable life expires on earth. One fact about Nigeria and Biafra remains that dire is cast and the happen has happened. I guess the sure bet for you is to commit suicide because you can not change the historical facts about events of 1967 Nigeria.

Never mind the fool. Ijaw Citizen, kindly educate us about the declaration of Niger Delta in 1966 and what made it not to see the rising sun? As for your north respecting Ijaw is self delusion. Why are south south people so afraid to declare south south republic now? The question for you is, if Ijaws will be better of in south south republic, why are they so scared to declare it now? That Asari is half IGBO is not an excuse to condemn him for speaking out on what he believes or convinced in. The same way the northerners mastered better coup plotting is the same way they mastered suicide bombings that have rubbished the government of your brother Jonathan and made it a laughing stock in the community of progressive minds. I guess the sure bet for you is to commit suicide because there will be no south south republic without Biafra first. Please kindly forget about 50% resource control because your northern friends will never give it to you as their friends. Too bad. Let me not remind you that 80% of oil wells in your backyard is owned by mallam while you suffer environmental degradation and pollution. Can a south south man own an oil well in sokoto?
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by prodam(m): 11:01pm On May 04, 2013
I don't know why citizens who are aware of how the so-called biafran side was defeated shamelessly during the civil war would still be clamoring for the division.

That aside, Asari-Dokubo has been a controversial figure since his days the president of the ijaw youth council. Cheap popularity accumulated through daring statements, and provoking speeches. Its not all about being an activist, its about causing positive change to happen. is joe Odumakin not an activist, or the late Fawenhimi; these are people whose work spoke for them and would continue to speak for them.

Why bringing up issues that will stir and polarize public opinion. Issues that will litter educating forums like Nairaland. At a time like this when patriots are acting right and praying for the nation's peace and development. An activist is not being diplomatic about bringing up issues that segregate groups.

1 Like

Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by confusion247(m): 11:03pm On May 04, 2013
bloggernaija:

Don't let that bother you, even if the Biafra will be two local governments before the Niger, support it.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Obiagu1(m): 11:09pm On May 04, 2013
bloggernaija:

When people say SE/SS, it comes natural because that's one of the default countries in Nigeria.

The Protectorate of Southern Nigeria or Biafra.

You can't change that.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by confusion247(m): 11:16pm On May 04, 2013
prodam: I don't know why citizens who are aware of how the so-called biafran side was defeated shamelessly during the civil war would still be clamoring for the division.

That aside, Asari-Dokubo has been a controversial figure since his days the president of the ijaw youth council. Cheap popularity accumulated through daring statements, and provoking speeches. Its not all about being an activist, its about causing positive change to happen. is joe Odumakin not an activist, or the late Fawenhimi; these are people whose work spoke for them and would continue to speak for them.

Why bringing up issues that will stir and polarize public opinion. Issues that will litter educating forums like Nairaland. At a time like this when patriots are acting right and praying for the nation's peace and development. An activist is not being diplomatic about bringing up issues that segregate groups.
That Biafra was shamelessly defeated wasn't the issue. The issue is, what is wrong for people to ask for freedom from an unholy marriage? What exactly leads us to Biafra? Why are yoruba leaders and elders asking for true or fiscal federalism and confederation? The same thing contained in aburi accord? Hypocrites like you and Gowon will continue to pray while boko haram will continue to kill innocent Nigerians. Why didn't you and your people pray when Biafra was declared by Ojukwu, but you people abandoned prayer to go into conflict with Biafra that resulted in your so called shameless defeat. Did USA use prayer to kill OSAMA BIN LADEN? Be honest to yourself at least for once. Was it prayer that Mandela used to turn south Africa to the right path?
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by OneNaira6: 11:21pm On May 04, 2013
confusion247:

Never mind the fool. Ijaw Citizen, kindly educate us about the declaration of Niger Delta in 1966 and what made it not to see the rising sun? As for your north respecting Ijaw is self delusion. Why are south south people so afraid to declare south south republic now? The question for you is, if Ijaws will be better of in south south republic, why are they so scared to declare it now? That Asari is half IGBO is not an excuse to condemn him for speaking out on what he believes or convinced in. The same way the northerners mastered better coup plotting is the same way they mastered suicide bombings that have rubbished the government of your brother Jonathan and made it a laughing stock in the community of progressive minds. I guess the sure bet for you is to commit suicide because there will be no south south republic without Biafra first. Please kindly forget about 50% resource control because your northern friends will never give it to you as their friends. Too bad. Let me not remind you that 80% of oil wells in your backyard is owned by mallam while you suffer environmental degradation and pollution. Can a south south man own an oil well in sokoto?
it

Some say ijaw citizen is alj_harem handle. how true is it idk but it's plausible. I noticed the guy never makes an input unless it's Biafra, SS Igbo, or SS joining Biafra, mistakes about Biafra, or SSIgbo joining Biafra. he rarely makes an input in anything else to be honest so I don't doubt the claim but i can't say it's accurate or inaccurate either.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by prodam(m): 11:30pm On May 04, 2013
confusion247:
That Biafra was shamelessly defeated wasn't the issue. The issue is, what is wrong for people to ask for freedom from an unholy marriage? What exactly leads us to Biafra? Why are yoruba leaders and elders asking for true or fiscal federalism and confederation? The same thing contained in aburi accord? Hypocrites like you and Gowon will continue to pray while boko haram will continue to kill innocent Nigerians. Why didn't you and your people pray when Biafra was declared by Ojukwu, but you people abandoned prayer to go into conflict with Biafra that resulted in your so called shameless defeat. Did USA use prayer to kill OSAMA BIN LADEN? Be honest to yourself at least for once. Was it prayer that Mandela used to turn south Africa to the right path?

Thats the only point I was able to understand.

Seeking for freedom is a good thing in an ideal setting where a sharing formula must have been reached and planned. That would occur also only when a due process has been followed. However, this was not the case of your Ojukwu and his colleagues. That alone is enough to crucify any group or one sharing the same ideology with Ojukwu and the likes. If we cant get things right and admit the mistakes of our past leaders and look for a way to avoid them, then I am afraid.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by EkoIle1: 11:31pm On May 04, 2013
OK_2_NV: And there is this falsehood the SW keeps spreading or wanting to hear all the time, that their region is the most developed.

How can this be possible?

Let me give you an annalyis why this is a myth.

I will cite the aviation industry and look at key destination airports outside Abuja and Lagos.
I chose aviation sector because globally this sector is used to gauge the strength of any economy. If the aviation sector is in decline then hitherto business and leisure travels will be affected. The airlines are usually the first to declare losses prior to an impending economic crisis and economists use the health of this sector which is highly prone to broad economic factors as a guide. The aviation sector can also be used to show strength and growth as well.

In Nigeria today, the southeast and niger-delta region have huge capcity as destination aeroports. Owerri , Enugu, Calabar, Portharcourt, Asaba, Osubi and even Benin Airports enjoy relatively strong air traffic outside Lagos and Abuja. Volumes of flights to these destinations account for the bulk of local departures out of Lagos and Abuja.

This goes to show that these regions are enjoying strong economic growth or have a huge middle-class population than any other region.

For the north it is either Kano or Maiduguri the reason being more of security challenge.

And as for the SW there isn't any other destined flights to any city outside Lagos.
case closed!

Ibo logic is always upside down logic.

2 Likes

Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by EkoIle1: 11:43pm On May 04, 2013
confusion247:

Invading Yorubaland and others wasn't asking for freedom, it was more like intent to conquer, dominate and enslave other people.....

When are you people going to come to terms with that goofy and thoughtless adventure?
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Obiagu1(m): 11:53pm On May 04, 2013
One_Naira: it

Some say ijaw citizen is alj_harem handle. how true is it idk but it's plausible. I noticed the guy never makes an input unless it's Biafra, SS Igbo, or SS joining Biafra, mistakes about Biafra, or SSIgbo joining Biafra. he rarely makes an input in anything else to be honest so I don't doubt the claim but i can't say it's accurate or inaccurate either.

He is.

Ijaw girl and Kiwi992 are the only active Ijaws on NL.

Killayut and Ijaw citizen are impostors.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by vanbonattel: 12:09am On May 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

Invading Yorubaland and others wasn't asking for freedom, it was more like intent to conquer, dominate and enslave other people.....

When are you people going to come to terms with that goofy and thoughtless adventure?

The last time I checked, it was a yoruba man that led the invasion of the mid west and Ore. Ojukwu shot him dead when he returned. Why any sane person should pin that juvenile delinquency on Biafra surprises me.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by vanbonattel: 12:13am On May 05, 2013
Why is it that anytime talk about dividing Nigeria comes up, the yorubas will catch fever? Even as Igbos are the ones that will suffer most, many will lost their properties and means of livelihood but no trouble. Its the yorubas who cry the most.

1 Like

Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by EkoIle1: 12:15am On May 05, 2013
van bonattel:

The last time I checked, it was a yoruba man that led the invasion of the mid west and Ore. Ojukwu shot him dead when he returned. Why any sane person should pin that juvenile delinquency on Biafra surprises me.

Rewriting history is above your level and pay grade so I'll pass..
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by ijawcitizen(m): 12:16am On May 05, 2013
confusion247:

I can't point out a simgle sense in any of your sentences, yet you expect me to stoop low to your demented style of reasoning....Pathetic Igbo land grabbers. Dare declare Biafra on Ijawland then you will see the real stuff we Ijaws are made of.

Why won't you sit there and write rubbish, when the same Niger Delta oil has been feeding you shameless beings since 1970 til date!
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by vanbonattel: 12:22am On May 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

Let it be a one way pass to hell fire.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by emmydee(m): 12:30am On May 05, 2013
Nigeria's Election on Amalgamation holds on May 14.The treaty to stay together as a nation was signed in 1914 between the Northern and Southern protectorates. That agreement is about to expire after 100 years. An election is scheduled for May 14 to decide the way forward.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by EkoIle1: 12:48am On May 05, 2013
van bonattel:

Let it be a one way pass to hell fire.

Back to sender x endless trillions

Dumb asss clown with no sense of elementary history...smh.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by ROYALD(m): 2:25am On May 05, 2013
ebamma: my brother na so, i'm not even sure ojukwu will have loved to step down for another person if biafra have suceeded

prejudice
The act or state of holding unreasonable preconceived judgments or convictions

You still want to repeat the mistake of yesteryears becareful
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by ckkris: 8:11am On May 05, 2013
aurenflani:

Fuckingg illiterate. I bet they didn't tell ur illiterate drunk head that Gowon was the c in c of the armed forces. Hypocrisy.
And Col Murtala Mohammed considered it an abomination, for a born-to-rule Fulani to TAKE ORDERS from a Middle-belt pagan infidel. Just as Gen Olusegun Obasanjo was perpetually taking instructions from Lt. Col/Brig Shehu Yar'adua, another ideologically born-to-rule Fulani. Well, Prime Minister Abubakar Tafawa Balewa was also known to await the approvals of born-to-rule Northern regional Premier, Alhaji Ahmadu Bello. This is exactly why Gen Buhari, still a more ideological born-to-ruin Fulani, wants to rule Nigeria. But as an elected President, Obasanjo stopped this nonsense, and President Jonathan follows Obasanjo's method. Then boom boom, boko haram is INVENTED to restore the status quo to the era of loyal, obedient Gen Obasanjo. But its too late, and too impossible.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Hugoboi(m): 9:03am On May 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

Victor Banjo was executed by Ojukwu after the Ore misadventure for turning traitor. That is history. You either know it or you don't. It is very typical to mask your ignorance with one-liners like the above. We live and we learn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Recession: African Development Bank Approves $600m Loan To Support Nigeria.. / Inflation Is Deepening Mass Poverty - Punch Editorial / Expectations Amid Hardship: No Grains Yet, Our Warehouses Empty, States Lament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.