Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (829013 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 21, 2014
olami101: pls house,an agent is telling me dt if i dont do IELT exam,and pass d english n assesment,i can not start d process of application for citizenship based on fed skilled worker n am goin to pay huge sum of monie,pls i need more enlightenment in dis regard to process my applicatn so dt i will not be a victim of dis man who want to extort me,u can pm me if u hav important info for me cos i need it now.....thank u my green house menber.
For the fact you are here means you don't need an agent. Read the thread.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shopaker: 2:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
Please house,I want to know how the confirmation of ref letter is done after submitting your application. Will they call my employer for confirmation. Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
shopaker: Please house,I want to know how the confirmation of ref letter is done after submitting your application. Will they call my employer for confirmation. Thanks
I just got mine today...lovely work my former boss did. They may try to contact the pointers on the ref letters. Some workplaces are already shut down...some are self-written because of being self-employed and all that.

They make some visits too...just present defendable scripts, Buddy.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by abbyjo: 2:38pm On Sep 21, 2014
pinchocreamy: NOC 1212 is a combination of CO work,FT,HOP. But more of HOP's work.

Thanks for your input I have worked majorly in customer service,a little of cash and ft but never been a HOP. Am currently a head customer service,can I still go for the NOC 1212,
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pinchocreamy: 3:40pm On Sep 21, 2014
Yes,You can go for NOC 1212.

17. Supervisors, Finance and Insurance Clerks (NOC 1212)
Job Description: Supervisors in this field supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in accounting, payroll, customer service, financial services, banking and insurance.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 3:48pm On Sep 21, 2014
ferdimako:

All Oga Ferdi is saying is that ask any question you've got here and you'll be greatly assisted. I was almost a novice to the process but got greater enlightenment on this thread.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 3:54pm On Sep 21, 2014
ferdimako:
I just got mine today...lovely work my former boss did. They may try to contact the pointers on the ref letters. Some workplaces are already shut down...some are self-written because of being self-employed and all that.

They make some visits too...just present defendable scripts, Buddy.

Ferdimako please what do you mean by "I just got mine today"? Was your boss contacted via mail , e-mail or telephone? Abeg tell us make we arrange ourselves.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 21, 2014
Meritl:

Ferdimako please what do you mean by "I just got mine today"? Was your boss contacted via mail , e-mail or telephone? Abeg tell us make we arrange ourselves.
employment reference letter. I may apply this last paper version or EE.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 5:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
ferdimako:
employment reference letter. I may apply this last paper version or EE.

OK. You received your ref letter today.
I was wandering because you've always said you were waiting for EE.
I heard from a friend who's there and he said Canada doesn't do background reference check (at least 90% cases).
Mainly UK that does that.

Anyway, we should try to provide convincing references.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
Meritl:

OK. You received your ref letter today.
I was wandering because you've always said you were waiting for EE.
I heard from a friend who's there and he said Canada doesn't do background reference check (at least 90% cases).
Mainly UK that does that.

Anyway, we should try to provide convincing references.
Yeah...try and push urs this week. I will start my finals on Sep 30 toward my M.Sc completion...I wld have supplied my things to WES if I had got 24/24 out of ielts. I got 22! .....u know using B.Sc will leave me one point off 67 and no madam to contribute. So if 2171 remains unfilled early 2015, I might do the paper version, if not express entry has me.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 7:39pm On Sep 21, 2014
ferdimako:
Yeah...try and push urs this week. I will start my finals on Sep 30 toward my M.Sc completion...I wld have supplied my things to WES if I had got 24/24 out of ielts. I got 22! .....u know using B.Sc will leave me one point off 67 and no madam to contribute. So if 2171 remains unfilled early 2015, I might do the paper version, if not express entry has me.

grin @ "no madam to contribute".
Will surely be sending my app this week.
Raising my draft tomorrow. Should get it by Thursday.
Thanks for your support all through.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 21, 2014
ferdimako:

@ Fermadiko: do you mind taking another shot @ ielts? I wrote it 3 times. Cos I needed 23points from it. I had 21points twice..... And then you ( fermadiko) sent me more ielts materials and eureka!! I got 23 points.

Never give up
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
seunlovesa:

@ Fermadiko: do you mind taking another shot @ ielts? I wrote it 3 times. Cos I needed 23points from it. I had 21points twice..... And then you ( fermadiko) sent me more ielts materials and eureka!! I got 23 points.

Never give up
No...I'm tired. Thanks anyway! I'm happy for u.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lollipop29: 8:55pm On Sep 21, 2014
Guys I need help. I'm filling my forms directly in my computer (soft copy) so I can validate and print out afterwards. But I just can't change the font size of some of the pages. Like in trying to list my "main duties " and in listing the associations/trade unions I have been a member (which requested that we shouldn't abbreviate ), the font size will not allow me to write a complete sentence. I can't even write the full meaning of AMES (Association of Mechanical Engineering Students).

For those that have submitted, how did you go about it? Please can anyone tell me how to change the font size of these forms (PDF / Adobe)? Or am I suppose to print the forms out before filling with a pen?

Urgent response needed asap.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by loriaidah(f): 9:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
Can someone put money in his account and ask for statement immediately? Or there is a time frame for which the money should be in the bank?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by kunlerulz: 9:21pm On Sep 21, 2014
ferdimako:

You sure cannot apply if you have not passed the IELTS exam.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by AceOak: 9:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
My people, good day, is it true that i must fill all spaces on d form even if it does not concern me, cause someone says i must fill N/A or not applicable rather than leave any space blank, also, as i am not using a representative, no need to fill that form abi?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by kunlerulz: 9:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
loriaidah: Can someone put money in his account and ask for statement immediately? Or there is a time frame for which the money should be in the bank?

Safer to have it for a period of time. Because the CIC says the money must be yours and not borrowed and expected to be unencumbered for the application period.

However, if you are racing against time, you can save in your account and take a certification letter that just shows the balance in your account and not the statement
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by kunlerulz: 9:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
AceOak: My people, good day, is it true that i must fill all spaces on d form even if it does not concern me, cause someone says i must fill N/A or not applicable rather than leave any space blank, also, as i am not using a representative, no need to fill that form abi?

Yes please. You have been advised rightly.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by kunlerulz: 9:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
lollipop29: Guys I need help. I'm filling my forms directly in my computer (soft copy) so I can validate and print out afterwards. But I just can't change the font size of some of the pages. Like in trying to list my "main duties " and in listing the associations/trade unions I have been a member (which requested that we shouldn't abbreviate ), the font size will not allow me to write a complete sentence. I can't even write the full meaning of AMES (Association of Mechanical Engineering Students).

For those that have submitted, how did you go about it? Please can anyone tell me how to change the font size of these forms (PDF / Adobe)? Or am I suppose to print the forms out before filling with a pen?

Urgent response needed asap.
Thanks

You don't need to change the font size. Just put as much information as you can. specially the most relevant ones. You have your reference letter to defend your full job description. You can also add an additional sheet for additional information.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by AceOak: 9:34pm On Sep 21, 2014
kunlerulz:

Yes please. You have been advised rightly.

thanks, but how about the representative form, am i to fill N/A through out dat one too? am not using a representative.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 9:58pm On Sep 21, 2014
AceOak:

thanks, but how about the representative form, am i to fill N/A through out dat one too? am not using a representative.

You do not need to fill the form if you are not using a representative.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 10:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
kunlerulz:

Safer to have it for a period of time. Because the CIC says the money must be yours and not borrowed and expected to be unencumbered for the application period.

However, if you are racing against time, you can save in your account and take a certification letter that just shows the balance in your account and not the statement

You can actually put the money at once in your account and ask for a statement immediately (for example someone bought your car and paid a lump sum)
As I have been adviced here, CIC will not ask for explanation on your transactions now. It's mainly when Ghana calls for it that you need to explain huge lodgements.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Phemmie72: 10:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
@ damkollins

I received an updated information from WES today that stated thus: Evaluation Status: Documents received - review in progress
We have received your documents and will contact you when your documents have been reviewed.

What does this imply please?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Phemmie72: 10:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
@ damkollins

Thanks for the materials, very helpful. In 7 years, I have been working with Federal Government, is work reference letter starting from my assumption date in the office good enough for FSWP application? Though, all the necessary and useful details would be included .

In addition, kindly throw more light on the difference between the ongoing FSWP applications and Express Entry in 2015?

Regards.

damkollins:
1.Yes ....the evidence of your POF can be in your name or in conjunction with your spouse inform of separate accounts or even joint account.
2.They may be best considered as assets.Your evidence of your POF should be in fund that is unencumbered so you should be slightly careful.
3.Apart from your spouse inform filling his own job details in his personal information question of the background declaration form,he doesn't needmto included any evidence regarding it.
4.You can drop your email address here ....the materials will be forwarded to you.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by abbyjo: 10:18pm On Sep 21, 2014
pinchocreamy: Yes,You can go for NOC 1212.

17. Supervisors, Finance and Insurance Clerks (NOC 1212)
Job Description: Supervisors in this field supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in accounting, payroll, customer service, financial services, banking and insurance.

Thanks alot, please I would also like to confirm if one can apply for both fsw and graduate studies at d same time as my husband already applied to some schools awaiting decisions on his applications but now dat I know we can apply for fsw we would lik to giv it a shot.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pinchocreamy: 10:49pm On Sep 21, 2014
abbyjo:

Thanks alot, please I would also like to confirm if one can apply for both fsw and graduate studies at d same time as my husband already applied to some schools awaiting decisions on his applications but now dat I know we can apply for fsw we would lik to giv it a shot.

Hello,you are welcome. Don't know about that.Oga Solo,Damkollins,and others please reply.Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by BoladeBaileys: 1:20am On Sep 22, 2014
Hi guy, can anyone help me with ielts materials.
thanks in advance guys.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by faskare: 6:09am On Sep 22, 2014
Good morning all,

can someone assist me with vital info on how to make WES payments as the two options available are

1. Money order and
2. Credit card.

I have tried using my debit card but nothing positive.

Please, someone should assist with a way out.

Many fanx
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by amazingfortune: 6:50am On Sep 22, 2014
My question was previously answered by damkolins in a post on page 105. However, I am still a bit unclear. Will I need experience certificates from all employers during the last 10 years for which I am not claiming points? I get full points under the current occupation and have a detailed experience certificate. Please suggest if I would still be needing experience certificates from previous employers in the last 10 years?

solomonwis:

Let us be objective and realistic like the guys in CIC.....

For some reasons (one of which was stated above),there might be circumstances where an applicant is not able to secure a work reference...The reasons are so numerous and genuine that any sane mind will understand with a letter stating the reason(s).

Having said the above,it was stated on the checklist that should situation arise where any document is not available a letter should be included to explain the reason(s). To give this "letter" a little legal backing,it is always better to state the reason under oath (affidavit) and produce as much information as available that will cover for the work reference...such as the employment letter,confirmation of appointment letter,promotion letter,annual leave letter,payslip/pay stub and any correspondence affirming your work experience at the time...sometimes,it is better to approach an ex-colleague (a senior colleague at the time) to include his contact details and confirming that he/she was your line head or supervisor and you carried out the main duties as stated at the time.... The onus is on the applicant to prove beyond doubt that indeed he/she worked in a company....

Again,all of your employers (if you worked in different places) are not expected to be reluctant in issuing you work reference else you will succeed in raising suspicion which will cast aspersion on your application and it might be rejected if care if not taken.

Some of the employers might have a policy of issuing a work reference letter in the company's standard format which may not include all the details as expected by CIC. In this case,include all of the aforementioned documents with particular attention to the document that show the details of your main duties..

Even with people who provided work reference from their employers,some of them had their applications returned because it did not include the main duties that align with their eligible occupation...

There is no cause for alarm if all I's are dotted and all T's crossed with self attested work reference....Bottom line is,include all the information that is expected in the work reference and confirming that you indeed worked with an employer....
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:07am On Sep 22, 2014
amazingfortune: My question was previously answered by damkolins in a post on page 105. However, I am still a bit unclear. Will I need experience certificates from all employers during the last 10 years for which I am not claiming points? I get full points under the current occupation and have a detailed experience certificate. Please suggest if I would still be needing experience certificates from previous employers in the last 10 years?

You only need work experience confirmation letters for the points you are claiming.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:11am On Sep 22, 2014
abbyjo:

Yes,you can apply for both at the same time...

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.