Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306125 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by carfreak: 2:34pm On Sep 07, 2011
Hello Justwise and other Nice people in the house, help a sister out pls!
Ok, to cut the long story short. Is it possible to be granted 2years multiple entry UK visa even though I have been to the UK just once.(My only traveling experience without over staying) People are saying we might not get the two years until our third trip. So my question now is, should I apply for 6 months now, this september(renewal), and then get the 2 years next year after the second Visa must have expired. I'll be extremely grateful if someone  answers my question.
Thank you.
  It is way too early to apply for the 2 years visa, your application would be refused and your passport stamped and crossed. That is not what you want in your passport

Hey VicJustice,

I dont think your response to this sister(olu16) is correct.

I visited the UK for the first time in sept 2007 on a 6month visa. the following year in Oct 2008, i applied for a 5yr visa but was issued a 2 yr visa which i again used in september last year b4 it expired.  So i dont think its about the number of times you travel on a particular type of visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 2:59pm On Sep 07, 2011
carfreak:

Hey VicJustice,

I dont think your response to this sister(olu16) is correct.

I visited the UK for the first time in sept 2007 on a 6month visa. the following year in Oct 2008, i applied for a 5yr visa but was issued a 2 yr visa which i again used in september last year b4 it expired.  So i dont think its about the number of times you travel on a particular type of visa.
   Hi. My response is correct, you need to calculate the odds of those who succeed in getting a 2 years visa (after their 6 months visa had expired) and those who failed, and you'd see that it's about 1/7 so, your success does not necessarily mean that it goes that way for everyone.
   Now, know that a 6 months visa holder who had busy or tight schedules with the visa may likely be issued a 2 years multiple visa in next application, compared to a visa holder who travelled to the UK in just one occasion and hardly have any obvious commitments in the UK. So, the embassy does not just issue a 2 years visa because you apply for it, the issuance of this particular long term visa really depends on a person's circumstances and the sufficiency of the previous 6 months visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by carfreak: 3:34pm On Sep 07, 2011
@ VicJustice,

well i may be inclined to agree with u on the issue of tight schedules because i was initially billed to travel in June but couldnt because of work and i recall being asked at the point of entry. In fact in the first visit, my return ticket was booked for a week but i ended spending only 4days in London. The second trip was worse as i only had time to spend just one week.

You may be right, bt i think its still worth a shot at. Its only the 5 yr visa that had a caveat at a time indicating that anyone who had never been issued a 5yr visa, should not bother applying for it. I only did because then, both 2yr and 5yr visas, attracted the same fee.

naija sense!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Fiver: 9:50pm On Sep 07, 2011
erico2k2:

No specific ammount, all the person needs is to be able to prove 1 his/her Income,2prove of address 3 is legally resident .The rest erm the ornus is then down to the invited to prove

Many thanks, Erico2k2

What if the invited person is
a) A student in a private uni, still in school,personal account almost zero but family account/assets very buoyant
b) a recent state university graduate awaiting NYSC call up, can get family members financials as sponsors

which one has a better chance?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 10:33pm On Sep 07, 2011
Fiver:

Many thanks, Erico2k2

What if the invited person is
a) A student in a private uni, still in school,personal account almost zero but family account/assets very buoyant
b) a recent state university graduate awaiting NYSC call up, can get family members financials as sponsors

which one has a better chance?

Should make up his/her mind who gona B the sponsor,cos to B honest as a student the ECO might think no return is possible you get me,would have been better if the person inviting could be the sponsor.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 08, 2011
@ erick,
justwise:

The agent is just after your money and i hope u don't waste your money. You getting a UK visa as a student will entirely depend on your parents, they have to sponsor you, they have to give u the money and sponsorship letter addressed to the ECO, you have to give the ECO a very good reason why u want to visit the UK and what you tend to do while in the UK. As a student, u have to provide your academic records/progress reports.

Even with all those documents, visiting visa for a student is not guarantee so don't let anybody deceive you.

Many tanks erick
I am kind of confused, so that means I don't need an invitation letter, am in a private universsity, babcock uni, my parents have actually agreed 2 pay sponsor me and with also also with a good sponsorship letter, nd going to be puttin up in my sisters house, nd the reason I am going to give the ECO is that am going on my hols nd I also have a good academic record in my school, will the money be I'm my account nt or in my parents account, nd if in my account , how much is expected 2 be in my own account for a particular perriod nd if I am applying would it be under the general visitor or what kind of visitor.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EmmaIK: 8:17pm On Sep 08, 2011
@Justwise & friends.
I was refused UK visa previously coz I submitted my dad's corporate account during my application. I am applying again but this time I have paid my tuition & accommodation fees in full {I only paid £100 previously} a total of £17,400. Please is there anything else I should do to make my application successful?
Do I need to show more proof of funds? Hw much?
Do I need a sponsorship letter from my dad again?
Is there any other reason I can be refused again since the only reason I ws refused was coz of the company account?
Thank you & God bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 10:39pm On Sep 08, 2011
EmmaIK:

@Justwise & friends.
I was refused UK visa previously coz I submitted my dad's corporate account during my application. I am applying again but this time I have paid my tuition & accommodation fees in full {I only paid £100 previously} a total of £17,400. Please is there anything else I should do to make my application successful?
Do I need to show more proof of funds? Hw much?
Do I need a sponsorship letter from my dad again?
Is there any other reason I can be refused again since the only reason I ws refused was coz of the company account?
Thank you & God bless.

Which account are u using now? How much do you have in that account? How much did u pay for accommodation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 10:56pm On Sep 08, 2011
topsnet:

@ erick,
Many tanks erick
I am kind of confused, so that means I don't need an invitation letter, am in a private universsity, babcock uni, my parents have actually agreed 2 pay sponsor me and with also also with a good sponsorship letter, nd going to be puttin up in my sisters house, nd the reason I am going to give the ECO is that am going on my hols nd I also have a good academic record in my school, will the money be I'm my account nt or in my parents account, nd if in my account , how much is expected 2 be in my own account for a particular perriod nd if I am applying would it be under the general visitor or what kind of visitor.

you are getting us conffused here as well, the issue of duration of certain monies in an account is ONLY APPLICABLE TO STUDENT VISA not visitors,So if you are going to vist then ofcus you would need to prvoe beyound reasonable doubt that you are going to come back to 9ja after the said period you wanna visit exceeds.No as a student you dont have Income(In the Nigerian context)so you definately need a sponsor,the need to write a covering letter stating thier relationship with you and thier wilingness to cover your cost to and fro your journey and they have to provide personal bank stat to back this up.Now there aint no fixed ammount to this,just make sure the ammount in the account would take care of you cost 3times cheesy cheesy then you are half way there.You would need an invitation letter too to make life easy for you and the person inviting you should also state in the letter that they are accomodating you then life would be less stressful when it comes to the YES/No bit from the ECO
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EmmaIK: 12:43am On Sep 09, 2011
@ Justwise. My accomodation fee is £5,200. I'm using my account with only about N300k.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 1:00am On Sep 09, 2011
EmmaIK:

@ Justwise. My accomodation fee is £5,200. I'm using my account with only about N300k.

Where is ur school? In London or outside London? You paid far too much for accommodation, the maintenance fees (£5400 for outside london or £7200 for London) is for all ur living expenses for a year including accommodation, so if you spent £5200 on accommodation alone how are u going to survive on 300k (£1,250) for a yr?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EmmaIK: 4:22am On Sep 09, 2011
My school is the university of Aberdeen. The Accomodation is a university hall of residence, & is catered. I didn't have a choice coz it is already too late and to keep d funds in my account for 28days would make me miss this sept entry. The thinking is that since in my refusal letter its stated that I need £18600 we might be able to convince the UKBA if I took d accomodation. Would it work? I have more to survive on but can't keep it in my aaccount for 28 days.
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EmmaIK: 6:32am On Sep 09, 2011
@Justwise.
My school is the university of Aberdeen. The Accomodation is a university hall of residence, & is catered. I didn't have a choice coz it is already too late and to keep d funds in my account for 28days would make me miss this sept entry. The thinking is that since in my refusal letter its stated that I need £18600 we might be able to convince the UKBA if I took d accomodation. Would it work? I have more to survive on but can't keep it in my aaccount for 28 days.
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 6:47am On Sep 09, 2011
EmmaIK:

@Justwise.
Thank you.

I understand why you did what u did but paying for accommodation is not part of visa requirements.

You are required to have £5400 for ur living expenses for a yr, so if you spent £5200 on accommodation alone how are u going to convince the ECO that u can survive on £200 for yr? Even that £200 has to be in ur account for 28days. Any amount you have has to be in ur account or your parents account for 28days NOT company's account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EmmaIK: 6:58am On Sep 09, 2011
@ Justwise.
I have about £1000 in my own account in my name that has been there for about 30days.
I ran out of options.

The admissions officer in Aberdeen also told me to take the step, and said I need to have only about £500 in my account to convince the UKBA.

Please what do I do? Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:05am On Sep 09, 2011
EmmaIK:

@ Justwise.
I have about £1000 in my own account in my name that has been there for about 30days.
I ran out of options.

The admissions officer in Aberdeen also told me to take the step, and said I need to have only about £500 in my account to convince the UKBA.

Please what do I do? Thank you.

Do you have the email exchange with admission officer? Attach it with ur application and submit, since the accommodation includes feeding and other bills, £1000 can take you along way.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EmmaIK: 7:20am On Sep 09, 2011
@Justwise. Thank yuo & God bless.
I will let yoou know how it goes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:29am On Sep 09, 2011
EmmaIK:

@Justwise. Thank yuo & God bless.
I will let yoou know how it goes.

All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 09, 2011
Tanks so much, Have really helped me @ Erick, justwise nd the others,
I want to fully explain myself. I am in a private uni down here nd my parents have agreed to sponsor me with all the documents I need so far, I also have a transcripts nd admission letter to show to the E.U. I have a place am going to be residing in the UK but the problem is that my sister am going to be residing with went to the UK last 2 years through the HSMP program,but I have told her to send me an invitation letter,she told me that she needs to get her indefinite stay to send me any invitation letter but said that if I need any help with the ECO about confirming her address nd any phone number , her work she's doing she can help but to send me the invitation letter she's sorry she can't,I know her very well, she's kind of a shaky nd scared person.
So the documents I have now to make my application are:

1.Dad bank statement
2.Sponsorship letter from parents
3.admission letter
4.transcript from my school
5.my int passport
6.application form-
general visitor application form
7.birth certificate.
8.dad source of income which are his real estates
Pls I would appreciate if u can answer me quickly cuz I am thinking of applying next week nd without an invitation letter what chances do I have them giving me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 09, 2011
I meant admission letter from my school down here in naija nd also transcripts from my school down here in naija for the 2 year course @ least they would knw I have a serious commitment down here in Nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 09, 2011
Pls nd pls am referring to my school down here in Nigeria, I have my babacock admission letter nd transcripts for the 2yrs I have done @ least dat should show that am comin back to Nigeria to finish my studies that am doing cuz its a 4 yrs program.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by henwun(m): 11:17am On Sep 09, 2011
@justwise I have been reading your responses to people problem about UK Visa procedure and i believe you can help as well , Please I have a Friend of mine planing to travel to UK on a Business Trip , He had already applied for the Visa but was refuse bases on the fact that he did not submit any letter showing any business meeting, buying etc in his application , Though he already been to UK on a visit visa. .Now the he has some1 in Uk willing to send a Business Letter Here is the Copy of the message the Individual sent to him today (Regarding invitation the only thing we can do is sent you a letter confirming a meeting but for that we will need to agree where and when.) its from a company in UK. Please Advice me the way the Letter Should be writing and If they should address the letter to My friend or to the UK Consular. My friend is going to Uk for Business Meeting for Purchase of Goods. I will appreciate your Response to this Matter, Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Torishe(f): 11:50am On Sep 09, 2011
Vicjustice and Justwise,

Thanks for your replies to my questions. Is it compulsory the person inviting me shld provide all of these documents

1. Invitation letter (stating the relationship btw us and the purpose of iniviting me)
2. Utility Bills (e.g tax, house, electricity etc)
3. Statement of Acct
4. Data page of residence permit or passport page

The person inviting me feels this is rather too much or probably the embassy is up to something funny. Pls advise on what she actually needs to send to me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 12:40pm On Sep 09, 2011
henwun:

@justwise I have been reading your responses to people problem about UK Visa procedure and i believe you can help as well , Please I have a Friend of mine planing to travel to UK on a Business Trip , He had already applied for the Visa but was refuse bases on the fact that he did not submit any letter showing any business meeting, buying etc in his application , Though he already been to UK on a visit visa. .Now the he has some1 in Uk willing to send a Business Letter Here is the Copy of the message the Individual sent to him today (Regarding invitation the only thing we can do is sent you a letter confirming a meeting but for that we will need to agree where and when.) its from a company in UK. Please Advice me the way the Letter Should be writing and If they should address the letter to My friend or to the UK Consular. My friend is going to Uk for Business Meeting for Purchase of Goods. I will appreciate your Response to this Matter, Thanks
Your friend need to find out 1st if the company is a UK registered one b4 a letter from them could be taken seriously by BHC. The letter should contain the business meeting details, company registration details and could be addressed to the ECO.

Giving enough details about the business meeting helps to convince the ECO that the meeting worth traveling to the UK for else it could be argued that they can as well disuse it over the phone rather than wasting money traveling to the UK.

Your friend's Nigerian business must be an established one that can afford a business trip to the UK without harming his business capital.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 12:44pm On Sep 09, 2011
Torishe:

Vicjustice and Justwise,
Thanks for your replies to my questions. Is it compulsory the person inviting me shld provide all of these documents

1. Invitation letter (stating the relationship btw us and the purpose of iniviting me)
2. Utility Bills (e.g tax, house, electricity etc)
3. Statement of Acct
4. Data page of residence permit or passport page

The person inviting me feels this is rather too much or probably the embassy is up to something funny. Pls advise on what she actually needs to send to me
Those are basic requirements, there is nothing over the board there. Those are the kind or personal info one can give to a close relative with trust.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by henwun(m): 12:56pm On Sep 09, 2011
justwise:

Your friend need to find out 1st if the company is a UK registered one b4 a letter from them could be taken seriously by BHC. The letter should contain the business meeting details, company registration details and could be addressed to the ECO.

Giving enough details about the business meeting helps to convince the ECO that the meeting worth traveling to the UK for else it could be argued that they can as well disuse it over the phone rather than wasting money traveling to the UK.

Your friend's Nigerian business must be an established one that can afford a business trip to the UK without harming his business capital.

Thank you justwise as you've been very helpful. Please would like to seek for your assistant once more can you briefly compose the sample the way it should be . I will so much appreciate this,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by henwun(m): 12:58pm On Sep 09, 2011
Thank you justwise as you've been very helpful. Please would like to seek for your assistant once more can you briefly compose the sample the way it should be . I will so much appreciate this,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EmmaIK: 1:02pm On Sep 09, 2011
@Justwise.
Sorry I'm back again.
Do I need a letter from my dad? Maybe saying I will be back in the country after my studies.
Remember I'm not using his account again.
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 1:04pm On Sep 09, 2011
henwun:

Thank you justwise as you've been very helpful. Please would like to seek for your assistant once more can you briefly compose the sample the way it should be .  I will so much appreciate this,

There is no standard as to how the letter should be written apart from the formal address format, the content is basically the details of the company and the business meeting, nothing more.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 1:06pm On Sep 09, 2011
EmmaIK:

@Justwise.
Sorry I'm back again.
Do I need a letter from my dad? Maybe saying I will be back in the country after my studies.
Remember I'm not using his account again.
Thank you.

If you are over 16yrs of age then u don't need a letter from ur daddy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Torishe(f): 1:10pm On Sep 09, 2011
Thank you Justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 2:43pm On Sep 10, 2011
Post deleted due to duplication 1

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.