Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306021 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Isiri: 8:25pm On Sep 21, 2011
Ok.can u give me there e mail and put me through how to write them.Yes i want to apply for visit visa but not UK visit visa.andagain,i don't know anybody that can give me invitation in any of europe country so I'm suggesting i should apply for tourist visa or what do u think Sir. UK was not fair,if truly i was banned cus all my document were real
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by azpunpin: 1:53am On Sep 23, 2011
Please, I will like to ask what are the documents to be submitted for someone that just completed her University degree awaiting call to service, no BSC Certificate yet, no Job yet but wish to travel to UK before her service.

Preferred Visa Category: Tourist ( No Invitation from anyone)

Sponsor( Boyfriend Mom)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by azpunpin: 8:13am On Sep 27, 2011
Please house, I need someone to help me out in my last message above.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by slayer01: 8:43am On Sep 27, 2011
slayer-01:

hello house, i applied for uk visa last yr and was granted a 6month visitor visa, which has now expired - i used it only once and stayed abt 3wks in uk, now am about getting married and wud like to spend my honeymoon in the uk, what are my chances of being issues a visa together with my fiancee?.pls i need help on how to go about this issue.my fiancee hasnt travelled to europe b4, her earlier travels are to west african countries.and she is not working, and doesnt hv dependents in the uk, i hv relatives in the uk, but i prefered to use hotel reservation the last time, i applied

i used hotel reservation last time, i travelled, and am thinking of doing same again, when i go to renew my visa.
pls  help

pls house, am still waiting for advice on this issue
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:01am On Sep 27, 2011
slayer-01:

pls house, am still waiting for advice on this issue

Since you have done it b4, apply the same way you did b4, its the same process. Using hotel booking is good, and make a list of places you want to visit with ur wife when u get to the UK. Enough money in ur account to take care of all the expenses, cost of hotel accommodation, flight, feeding in the UK. . . all that need to be budged properly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by slayer01: 1:31pm On Sep 27, 2011
@justwise, am asking about my fiancee's visa, getting mine shud be relatively straight4ward, but its getting my fiancees own that i need help/advice, she isnt working and has less than 200k in her account, so am not sure i can apply as a tourist for her.
pls help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 2:43pm On Sep 27, 2011
slayer-01:

@justwise, am asking about my fiancee's visa, getting mine shud be relatively straight4ward, but its getting my fiancees own that i need help/advice, she isnt working and has less than 200k in her account, so am not sure i can apply as a tourist for her.
pls help

Does she work? Does she have steady source of income? If not then you need to support her application financially and apply jointly as a couple not individually. There is always a first time traveler, she will be given a visa if she met the requirements.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by azpunpin: 5:00pm On Sep 27, 2011
@Justwise
Thanks for the response, I already have my own VISA. Regards to your questions, she doesn't work and no steady income just a fresher that just finished University.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by slayer01: 6:17pm On Sep 27, 2011
@justwise, this is supzd to be a honeymoon trip, so we cant apply as a couple, since i need to get the visa b4 the wedding, thus there wont be any marriage certificate to present at the embassy, then if i wait till after marriage,the delay is getting the visa will spoil all my honeymoon plans as i will resume work 2wks after the wedding, i hope u get my drift now/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 6:43pm On Sep 27, 2011
slayer-01:

@justwise, this is supzd to be a honeymoon trip, so we cant apply as a couple, since i need to get the visa b4 the wedding, thus there wont be any marriage certificate to present at the embassy, then if i wait till after marriage,the delay is getting the visa will spoil all my honeymoon plans as i will resume work 2wks after the wedding, i hope u get my drift now/

I do understand where you are coming from, if she doesn't work and earning a reasonable salary then it will be a tough one, but if she does then she can apply alone.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jenny2007(f): 2:47pm On Sep 28, 2011
pls is anyone experiencing delays in their UK visa application? i applied since 26th august and still have not gotten my passport back. I went to VFS and they said that they are experiencing delays with applications sent to the high commission in abuja. how true is this pls? i've already missed my UK appointment due to this delay. anyone going through the same issue here?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by beejaybida(m): 6:41pm On Sep 28, 2011
hello, group. pls help. my organisation's letter of introduction to embassies usually carries the total emoluments (no breakdown of the figure into salary and allowances) of a staff. a colleague was denied visa 2 months ago because her total emolument wasnt reflected on her payslip (which only carries monthly salary) and her bank statement. since i intend to apply early next month with similar letter, what should i do? should i just give, in the column for additional information, a breakdown of the total emolument into salaries and allowances and pointing out the dates in the bank statements? my total emolument is abt 6m but the monthly salary is 140k. the rest is quarterly education allowance, medical allowance, productivity, annual rent allowance etc. thank u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by femibolu: 11:29pm On Sep 28, 2011
Wad up hauz I need help
Am about goin for a tourist visa buh don't have invitation letter
I want to do hotel booking for like 4days nd stay up 2 a month but i do have where I will stay am doin so, So I can be granted d visa
I wuld b stayin wiv my nephew later on, buh can't find hotels dat do hotel booking, They all want me to pay, Does anyone know any website I can book hotel
Hav close to 700k account

What are my chances for them granting me the visa as a first timer

Wuld b hapy to c replies
Thanks house
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kafng: 1:49pm On Sep 29, 2011
Good day house.Nice jobs y'all are doing and may God continue to bless you.

I need help on this so i can know the way forward.My dad,a 65 year old man applied for a visa at the UK embassy and he was refused based on the below:

You state that you are married with 5 children,however i am not satisfied that you have provided adequate evidence to substantiate these claims.You have submitted no supporting documentation that shows your family circumstances.The lack of documentation leads me to doubt that your family circumstances are as stated on your visa application.This also leads me to doubt your intention on leaving the UK following your proposed visit.Therefore,on the balance of probabilities,i am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period not exceeding 6 months or that you intend to leave UK at the. . . .

Can the house please help shed light on what could be done to address this.Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tEsLim(m): 2:27pm On Sep 29, 2011
Submitted application 12th September no news till now. First application to Uk though. Anybody experiencing same delay? I was told 15working days tomorrow will be the 15th if I'm right sad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ogeelove(f): 3:33pm On Sep 29, 2011
@femi bolu. the british embassy is all about intelligence. oyinbos work with evidence on ground to reach a logical conclusion. u want a tourist visa yet u want to present them with a 4 day hotel booking, how does that work. do u have an urgent business appointment? why not ask ur nephew for an invitation letter. or if u must book a hotel do so for the duration of your proposed stay. the holiday inn and premier hotel are cheap hotels that u can book online. i think they are doing a promo for £19 per night. let me tell u how hotels work as i happen to have experience in the travel and hospitality business. they ask u to secure ur booking with ur credit or debit card. when u do so they send u confirmation of your booking. this u can present to whatever embassy u like. now the thing is u can always cancel ur hotel booking say 24hours before ur arrival date at the hotel. but u must confirm with the hotel before booking that it can be cancelled and the length of time u have to cancel it. besides u want to spend 2 months in the uk doing what? nobody in the uk has time to babysit anyone. i hope it is not for job becos even those wey get papers and british kpali never see the work. life right now in the uk is hard. only telling the truth in love. dont be mad at me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by levos2007(m): 6:25pm On Sep 29, 2011
AM APPLYING FOR SPOUSE UK VISA AND I WILL LIKE TO KNOW HOW MUCH MY SPOUSE HAVE TO HAVE IN HER ACCOUNT, SHE HAS A STABLE JOB, SHE HAS BEEN WORKING OVER A YEAR IN M&S AND WE HAVE SEEN YET OTHER ALOT OF TIME THIS YEAR.
SECONDLY, A MONTH OF 700POUNDS THAT WAS SAVED WITH HER MUM WILL BE TRANSFER INTO HER ACCOUNT.
ONLY PEOPLE WILL EXPERIENCE PLS.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by femibolu: 9:13pm On Sep 29, 2011
@ ogeee, u quotin me wrong, I meant I wuld stay up to a month, Only 1 month, my nephew z illegal. So he can send invitation letter. I hAve my credit card i can use, tanks very much, I would look for a hotel to book for the 4 weeks am staying but when I reach I would cancel it, hope they won't report me to the uk border agency for bridge of contract between me nd the hotel,

Wat are my chances with no invitation letter
Reply needed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ogeelove(f): 9:56pm On Sep 29, 2011
femi bolu:

@ ogeee, u quotin me wrong, I meant I wuld stay up to a month, Only 1 month, my nephew z illegal. So he can send invitation letter. I hAve my credit card i can use, tanks very much, I would look for a hotel to book for the 4 weeks am staying but when I reach I would cancel it, hope they won't report me to the uk border agency for bridge of contract between me nd the hotel,

Wat are my chances with no invitation letter
Reply needed
okay but remember to ask the hotel if u have the option of cancelling.if yes make sure u cancel before ur proposed arrival date to the hotel otherwise u would lose ur money. u can check the website of ur hotel and read their terms of contract. y will they report u to border agency? my dear, the law in the uk protects everybody. there is such a thing called consumer rights. ok? as long as u have strong evidence that u r well established in nigeria and have the resources to travel on a visit without it breaking the bank and have made provision for ur stay then there is no reason whatsoever not to be granted a visa. hope this helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by femibolu: 10:37pm On Sep 29, 2011
Tanks, Really appreciate d help,
Tanks house
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Fiver: 1:23am On Sep 30, 2011
erico2k2:

Should make up his/her mind who gona B the sponsor,cos to B honest as a student the ECO might think no return is possible you get me,would have been better if the person inviting could be the sponsor.

Thanks guys

The person iniviting just finished university also less than 2 years , just started working decent job so no much saving and shares a 1 bed flat with someone
the student will be finishing university this year waiting for service next year, her brother has a business so he can sponsor her but convincing the officers she will go back for her nysc is the main issue
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by sandy5(f): 5:48am On Sep 30, 2011
Please I want to apply for a visa to reside in d UK with ma husband who has a Uk residency permit, pls what type of application form should I use,it is marriage, dependant, or wat form
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 2:16pm On Sep 30, 2011
kafng:

Good day house.Nice jobs y'all are doing and may God continue to bless you.

I need help on this so i can know the way forward.My dad,a 65 year old man applied for a visa at the UK embassy and he was refused based on the below:

You state that you are married with 5 children,however i am not satisfied that you have provided adequate evidence to substantiate these claims.You have submitted no supporting documentation that shows your family circumstances.The lack of documentation leads me to doubt that your family circumstances are as stated on your visa application.This also leads me to doubt your intention on leaving the UK following your proposed visit.Therefore,on the balance of probabilities,i am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period not exceeding 6 months or that you intend to leave UK at the. . . .

Can the house please help shed light on what could be done to address this.Thanks in advance.
You need to show evidence like family holiday photo,graduation ceremony, and in worse case sworn affidavit (not really necessary) as photos are usually enough proof.

Way forward: Dad should reapply asap,providing the evidence and if he has a family house of his own with documents, he should it. But then in the "Additional information" section of the form, state that He applied before but was refused on those grounds but that however He has now provided sufficient informstion/evidence as demanded by the ECO. If you also have any documentation in the UK that involves your dad, then send it across for him to include. As for his family circumstances, if he has business interest here, let him include that as evidence as all the ECO was after was whether your dad might come back after the visit.

If I may ask, what sort of visit is it, are you providing him with a UK invitation letter? -'m guessing you are in the UK by the way.

tEsLim:

Submitted application 12th September no news till now. First application to Uk though. Anybody experiencing same delay? I was told 15working days tomorrow will be the 15th if I'm right sad
Yup, as you would expect at this time of the year, visas processing will take longer due to issues such university resumption,staff taking holiday, and attempt to clear tourist summer back log.

Mind you not just in Abuja alone, HO experiencing same.

But expect to get your alert either today-friday or early next week.

sandy5:

Please I want to apply for a visa to reside in d UK with ma husband who has a Uk residency permit, pls what type of application form should I use,it is marriage, dependant, or wat form
Marriage - Spousal visas would be better if you have your marriage certificate (original please), marriage or honeymoon photos and if you have kids, family photos too. You might be called for f2f interview.

Dependent is okay if your hubby has the account to support you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ITSURS: 5:11pm On Sep 30, 2011
@ JUSTWISE & OTHERS

We (I and my wife) are planning to apply for UK Visa for the first time in the coming week and I really want you to advise on how to go about it.

1) Are we submitting separate application
2) She's a business woman while I work in a financial institution with a good acct turnover, payslip in place and letter of intro will be issued to me by my office
3) she maintain a good account, can we combine bth acct in our application
4) When getting the letter of introduction from my brother who has a residence permit visa, is he going to issue 1 letter of intro or singly to us
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 5:32pm On Sep 30, 2011
ITSURS:

@ JUSTWISE & OTHERS

We (I and my wife) are planning to apply for UK Visa for the first time in the coming week and I really want you to advise on how to go about it.

2) She's a business woman while I work in a financial institution with a good acct turnover, payslip in place and letter of intro will be issued to me by my office
4) When getting the letter of introduction from my brother who has a residence permit visa, is he going to issue 1 letter of intro or singly to us

Why do you want to apply separately and not as a couple?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kafng: 6:05pm On Sep 30, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

You need to show evidence like family holiday photo,graduation ceremony, and in worse case sworn affidavit (not really necessary) as photos are usually enough proof.

Way forward: Dad should reapply asap,providing the evidence and if he has a family house of his own with documents, he should it. But then in the "Additional information" section of the form, state that He applied before but was refused on those grounds but that however He has now provided sufficient informstion/evidence as demanded by the ECO. If you also have any documentation in the UK that involves your dad, then send it across for him to include. As for his family circumstances, if he has business interest here, let him include that as evidence as all the ECO was after was whether your dad might come back after the visit.

If I may ask, what sort of visit is it, are you providing him with a UK invitation letter? -'m guessing you are in the UK by the way.

Omo tier bless bro.

No,i am not in the UK,work in Nigeria myself and the one he submitted is tourist visa.Hotel was booked for him and other documents supporting his financial and employment status was submitted along with.

Yes there is a family photo but was opined id we are re-applying we should put we children's birth cert(and i wonder for children whom the youngest amongst them is 26 undecided).And his marriage to mama sef na all those old tradional wedding o,no cert or pictorial evidence whatsoever. grin Though there are some pics they took together when they were young.

Will really appreciate if you can let me know what more to add to earlier submitted documents though.Thanks

Looking forward to reading from
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by sandy5(f): 9:27pm On Sep 30, 2011
@Omo_Tier1, the marriage visa form says if u want to get married in the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ITSURS: 10:21am On Oct 01, 2011
justwise:

Why do you want to apply separately and not as a couple?

This is the first I'm applying for UK VISA, I didn't say we are applying separately, I just asked those questions in order to get clarifications

Kindly highlight how to go with the application without any issue by answering those questions i asked

At least you've told us to apply as a couple

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 10:37am On Oct 01, 2011
ITSURS:

@ JUSTWISE & OTHERS

(1) Apply as a couple.

(2) Combine both account and if she pays tax from her business then let her add her tax clearance certificate

(3) The invitation letter should be for both of you as a couple. Not just IV, if he is going to accommodate you then he needs to send u other documents like data page of his passport, bank statement/payslip, proof of adequate accommodation for you and ur wife.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ITSURS: 11:27am On Oct 01, 2011
Thank you Justwise for the concise info
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 11:46am On Oct 01, 2011
ITSURS:

Thank you Justwise for the concise info

Applying as a couple. . . don't 4get to add ur marriage certificate and pictures as a couple also include ur kids pictures( if u have one) just to state strong tie to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ITSURS: 11:48am On Oct 01, 2011
OK, Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.