Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,630 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306031 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by megastu(m): 9:43am On May 07, 2008
Hey guys,

I TIRE OOOOHHH.

My wife was refused a visa in october last year, for reasons best known to the ECO, he said that my aunty's documents were not genuine and that we did not support with tenancy agreement.

My wife submitted almost 50 documents, even her company provided a reference/leave letter and providing her with return ticket and 500 pounds.

The invitation letter from my aunty, na me bring am myself from london. We have appealed, but the appeal came up in April, my aunty was at the tribunal with all her documents, and we had spend over 60,000 naira on this appeal ( we didnt pay any lawyer oh, because i am a lawyer)just on fedex etc.

on the appeal hearing, my aunty said they just said my wife was not qualified to appeal the refusal because she does not come under the family visit.

Although, i saw it when going through the immigration rules, but we decided not to withdraw the appeal. The immigration judge told my aunty that she would have upheld the appeal, because looking at our bundle my wife ought to be granted the visa, she has travelled to europe several times before.

We have all refused to give up on her application.

what do i do next time? Me i am not keen on travelling anymore, i have travelled too much in the past two years. My wife just wants to see UK by all means oh, and i am determined to see her through.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by timx(m): 2:44pm On May 07, 2008
@ funkybaby!

Thanks a lot for the post. You r highly appreciated. After reading your post, i guess ill try n see if full payment can be possible 'cos the school issued a payment plan and i thot i'd stick to that initially. what do u think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 2:50pm On May 07, 2008
@timx
You're welcome. If you can pay the fees in full, please go ahead, although this is no 100% guarantee you will get the visa but it will greatly enhance your chances.

Considering the 'method' you want to use, full payment is best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by peot(m): 3:46pm On May 07, 2008
Please my people help.
I just want to ask if anybody know any number that you can call in Nigeria to know if your passport is ready for collection for UK student Visa. I was given one but did not work.

Thank You.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 3:52pm On May 07, 2008
@Tinx
u can pay percentages installmentally
Though the arrangement you want to use is quite intricate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by peot(m): 3:59pm On May 07, 2008
@ funkybaby

Please my people help.
I just want to ask if anybody know any number that you can call in Nigeria to know if your passport is ready for collection for UK student Visa. I was given one but did not work.

Thank You.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 4:12pm On May 07, 2008
@poet

You can call VFS on 33505. It is a premium number so you might have difficulties getting through if you are calling from outside Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by peot(m): 4:13pm On May 07, 2008
@ funkybaby

Thank You. I will ask the applicant to to call.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 4:25pm On May 07, 2008
@poet

you might be having problems getting through as a result of the network you are using to place the call. that VFS number is not really compactible with Globacom or MTN (I cant remember which), but using Celtel, it connects fine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by unobrigado: 10:22pm On May 07, 2008
@funkybaby and House

Well am about renewing my british visa and am thinking of going for a 6months visa the third tyme cus a 2yr visa might be waste of money reason is this i work in an organization whereby i cant stay out of work for more than 1 month in a year so its kinda confusing cus i wanna go renew my visa b4 the end of this week so please i need ur candid advice on this please. Should i apply for a 6months or a 2yrs visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 7:19am On May 08, 2008
@unobrigade
Really, it's your choice- 6months or 2years.

You only have to consider the 'stress' of filling the visa forms, gathering documents together, going to vfs, etc. Do you want to keep doing that every 6months or just once in 2years?

Most organisations .eg. Banks do not give their employees more than one month leave in a year but that is still no reason not to have a valid 5 years visa on your passport.

Cheers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 7:56am On May 08, 2008
@Funky

Do you know you are breaking the rule?

Anyway, no wahala.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 8:10am On May 08, 2008
megastu:

My wife was refused a visa in october last year, for reasons best known to the ECO, he said that my aunty's documents were not genuine and that we did not support with tenancy agreement.

My wife submitted almost 50 documents, even her company provided a reference/leave letter and providing her with return ticket and 500 pounds.

The invitation letter from my aunty, na me bring am myself from london. We have appealed, but the appeal came up in April, my aunty was at the tribunal with all her documents, and we had spend over 60,000 naira on this appeal ( we didnt pay any lawyer oh, because i am a lawyer)just on fedex etc.

on the appeal hearing, my aunty said they just said my wife was not qualified to appeal the refusal because she does not come under the family visit.

Although, i saw it when going through the immigration rules, but we decided not to withdraw the appeal. The immigration judge told my aunty that she would have upheld the appeal, because looking at our bundle my wife ought to be granted the visa, she has travelled to europe several times before.

We have all refused to give up on her application.

what do i do next time? Me i am not keen on travelling anymore , i have travelled too much in the past two years. My wife just wants to see UK by all means oh, and i am determined to see her through.

Are you a lawyer? No offence meant.

The case was listed, your sister was a witness at the hearing as a sponsor yet it was not a Family visit.

You confirm you knew it was not a family visit. shocked

We are not  idiot here, if its not a family visit, AIT will not even list the case for hearing in the first instance.

You have to open up your case including your wife's refusal notice, ELSE you are on your own.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 8:40am On May 08, 2008
@akola

Oga mii, i am sorry Sir. sad cry
I had totally forgotten.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by peot(m): 11:25am On May 08, 2008
@ funkybaby

Pls the number you gave is not going. The person used Celtel line to call the number. We try it yesterday and even today and its saying the same thing that you are not allowed to call this number. I s there any other number to find out if it is ready for collection or not.

Thank You.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 11:37am On May 08, 2008
@poet

Have you tried calling using other networks with a minimum of 200naira credit on your phone.

You can try their helpline numbers though 014627090, 014627092

Better still mail them on infolagos@ukvac-ng.com stating all your enquiries. Don't forget to include the applicant's reference and passport number.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by peot(m): 11:39am On May 08, 2008
@funkybaby

Thanks so much for your help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 12:28pm On May 08, 2008
DOWNLOAD LINKS FOR BRITISH VISA FORMS

VISITOR VISA Application Form
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/docs/1903073/vaf1

Guidance notes for VISITOR VISA application form
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/docs/1903073/vaf1guide

STUDENT Visa Application Form
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/docs/1903073/vaf3

Guidance notes for STUDENT VISA application form
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/docs/1903073/vaf3guidance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by remuremu: 1:09pm On May 08, 2008
Hi, I am new in this forum. Well personally I got admission to study this Sept 2008 in University of Leeds. I want to apply for UK student visa. But I am really confused about the documents to submit to BHC Offices?

1. My question is what documents(Do I NEED TO SEND MY TRANSCRIPT TO THE BHC OFFICE?) do I need to show to prove that I am qualified to study in UK.
2. My dad is my sponsor but he wants to use his company account to sponsor me. what documents do I need to show to prove that i have enough money to sponsor my studies.Although 50% of the fees is being arranged to be paid.
3. What is the LATEST date I can submit me application for Visa against this Sept 2008.

I really NEED SOMEONE TO GUIDE ME BECAUSE THE FORM IS REALLY NEW.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 4:01pm On May 08, 2008
One payment is made an admission letter will be provided by the school.
For documents to be used to support your application, you will need a sponsor's bank statement,sponsorship letter, origin of his funds and your relationShip be defined.
Your academic documents will aslo be part of the docsto be used.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 5:05pm On May 08, 2008
vikiviko:

For documents to be used to support your application, you will need a sponsor's bank statement,sponsorship letter, origin of his funds and your relationShip be defined.

All these documents above are needed, and also, they expect a satisfying evidence of how your sponsor will benefit from your education.
So Dear, the more documents you have the better chance you stand; it's better to have more than enough than to have less, remember that the ECOs look for an excuse to refuse a visa rather than a reason to issue it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ty4real(m): 5:13pm On May 08, 2008
@Funkybaby!
You are really doing a great work here and all this for free!God Bless you. wink wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ty4real(m): 5:18pm On May 08, 2008
Vicjustice:

All these documents above are needed, and also, they expect a satisfying evidence of how your sponsor will benefit from your education.
So Dear, the more documents you have the better chance you stand; it's better to have more than enough than to have less, remember that the ECOs look for an excuse to refuse a visa rather than a reason to issue it.

Everything stated above is all true,you will also need to provide in your documentation that you have ties to Nigeria that after your studies you will be coming back to 9ja even though they the ECO knows you are allowed to work for 1year after your studies ,but you just need to give them some lies that will be convincing enough that you you have ties,ties could be in form of investments which you hav eback here in Nigeria which could be shares,landed property etc.
If you dont have any,you can still go to the Nigeria stock exchange and get you r self soem shares oooo my brother,it is better to show to them that you love your country and you are coming back after your studies but once you are issued the visa you can decide to forget about all what you told them you were going to do either in the form.All the best mate. wink wink wink wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by megastu(m): 9:26pm On May 08, 2008
Akowole,

The rules lists who and who is entitled to an appeal under family visit, and unfortunately, my wife does not come under the rule. I found this out when i checked the rules.

It is so painful. My aunty says we should apply together, that way,we will come under the rules. I am even tired of this visa people.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 9:27pm On May 08, 2008
ty4real:

Everything stated above is all true,you will also need to provide in your documentation that you have ties to Nigeria that after your studies you will be coming back to Nigeria even though they the ECO knows you are allowed to work for 1year after your studies ,but you just need to give them some lies that will be convincing enough that you you have ties,ties could be in form of investments which you hav eback here in Nigeria which could be shares,landed property etc.
If you don't have any,you can still go to the Nigeria stock exchange and get you r self soem shares oooo my brother,it is better to show to them that you love your country and you are coming back after your studies but once you are issued the visa you can decide to forget about all what you told them you were going to do either in the form.All the best mate. wink wink wink wink
  All these informations should do, but i wonder if this new guy with just one post would ever return to read the responds his queries have attracted  smiley.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by remuremu: 1:31pm On May 09, 2008
Vicjustice (m)
Quote from: ty4real on Yesterday at 05:18:46 PM
Everything stated above is all true,you will also need to provide in your documentation that you have ties to Nigeria that after your studies you will be coming back to Nigeria even though they the ECO knows you are allowed to work for 1year after your studies ,but you just need to give them some lies that will be convincing enough that you you have ties,ties could be in form of investments which you hav eback here in Nigeria which could be shares,landed property etc.
If you don't have any,you can still go to the Nigeria stock exchange and get you r self soem shares oooo my brother,it is better to show to them that you love your country and you are coming back after your studies but once you are issued the visa you can decide to forget about all what you told them you were going to do either in the form.All the best mate.

All these informations should do, but i wonder if this new guy with just one post would ever return to read the responds his queries have attracted .

But why?

I joined to get information why do u think think I wouldnt wait for replies? Or do u think it is better to get refused or waste of time. eh!

well, some people are funny!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by remuremu: 1:40pm On May 09, 2008
vikiviko (m)

Thanks!

I have my admission letter already/letter of acceptance . And for the sponsorship, you mean

1. sponsor's bank statement - since it is a company account can I include the sponsors also fixed deposit account.
2. sponsorship letter - Here I collected an Affidavit of support sworn to the Notary public.
3. origin of funds like payslips
4. relationship to sponsor- what should I use to show relationship?- because the is my Father.

And are these all the documents I need to show for support or are they others?
And again, do I need to send my school TRANSCRIPT to BHC office?

remu_remu
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by babycool(f): 2:57pm On May 09, 2008
Could doing a Post graduate course which is different from your first course of study pose a problem in visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by pahtahkee: 3:23pm On May 09, 2008
@ babycool,

Yes it could.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by peot(m): 5:22pm On May 09, 2008
@ funkybaby
@ all member in the house

Pls help us oh. My girlfriend recently applied for Student UK visa two weeks ago and went there today and they refused her Visa based on that ECO said her WAEC result was fake ONLY. The resumption date for her school is in 2 weeks time which is on the 19th May 2008. While she was there today, she met a lawyer who said that he could help by going through review which will take 5 - 10 days instead of appeal which might take 6 months or more. I spoke to the lawyer on the phone and he also said that we should try and include another sponsor bank statement which will show a fatter amount. The current sponsor earns =N=1.2 million per month because he works in an company (shell). The current balance on the last statement of the sponsor account was about =N=143,000(April) but the statement shows how money was going in Millions. Are they looking fro how the account is been run or the balance in the account. She also claimed that her WAEC result is original. Her WAEC result was not ready, so WAEC office issue he statement of result. So my people pls what should I do. Her school has another resumption date which is next month. should we just leave it like that . Pls help me oooooooooooo.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by peot(m): 5:29pm On May 09, 2008
@ funkybaby
@pahtahkee
@VOR
@ all member in the house

So should we go for the review or appeal and also is it something we can handle ourself. Should I get another letter from the school for the resumption date for June for her. Pls what can we do?. E jo pls help me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 6:39pm On May 09, 2008
@poet

Sorry about your babe's refusal.

peot:

Please help us oh. My girlfriend recently applied for Student UK visa two weeks ago and went there today and they refused her Visa based on that ECO said her WAEC result was fake ONLY.

Nah ! That cannot be the ONLY reason stated on the refusal. The best thing is to scan the refusal letter and upload it here. Make sure you remove all personal details. It makes the whole thing a lot easier - advising based on what exactly the ECO stated and not just a quick summary from the poster.

peot:

She also claimed that her WAEC result is original. Her WAEC result was not ready, so WAEC office issue he statement of result.
She MUST get her WAEC certificate. Without that  undecided BHC is very strict with statement of results. As a matter of fact WAEC has instructed them not to accept it from applicants and they should regard such statements of result as fake.

peot:

While she was there today, she met a lawyer who said that he could help by going through review which will take 5 - 10 days instead of appeal which might take 6 months or more. I spoke to the lawyer on the phone and he also said that we should try and include another sponsor bank statement which will show a fatter amount

Majority of those boys milling around VAC offices  sharing pamphlets, eagerly lurking around for the applicant to open the package and see the look on his or her face (joy or sadness) before they move for the kill are not lawyers and majority do not know anything other than collecting money.
If the so called immigration lawyer knew his onions well, then his emphasis should have been on the WAEC result and not necessarily the bank statement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.