Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306025 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by JCDejiM: 5:23pm On May 13, 2008
@ Everyone In The House
I Was Refused Visa On 10th Of January,And I Appealed,But Till Now I've Now Heard Anything From BHC,Not Even A Notification Message To Say They Have Receive My Apeal,
So In This Tie I Want To Re-Apply,
Now To Every One In The House,I'm I Free To Do That?
And Again,I 'm Yet To Receive A Final Answer From Nairalanders,Cos VICJUSTICE & FUNKYBABY Answers Are Diffenent,
Pls Help Me Out
1Luv
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ty4real(m): 6:31pm On May 13, 2008
@Jcdeji!
Why dont you you use google to chech up british high commission office in Nigeria,it will give you their website in Nigeria and from there you can get the necessary infor you need,and concerning the appeal,where did you submit your appeal forms BHC OR AIT office in London(as in did you post it to them directly yourself)if it is BHS,if it is Bhs you sent it to,pray they actually sent it o but on a serious note appeal takes a while even for them to acknowledge the receipt of it so you need to swallow some patience pills.But if you want to apply for another visa,it doesnt stop you from applying ok,each application is treated independently!So gerrup and go get the infor yourself cause funkybaby has really replied you well but since you are allowing some slowpoke to confuse you,!And when you use google finish please come back to tell us who was right ok!Cheers!

@Funkybaby!
I dont think visa fees is paid into guaranty trust bank again,I think they use sterling bank now wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by liliana(f): 6:51pm On May 13, 2008
@pahtakee,
U are wonderful.this is not the right place to do this but i am just too overwhelmed.Just looking at your profile.how u design lagos with london tube map?, grin grin grin U try no be small.warm rgds
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by goodbobo: 7:12pm On May 13, 2008
I applied for UK visiting visa and was refused twice this year with my old passport . Now the government organization that I work for is planning to send me for a course in UK .

Do I use a new E passport that I just got for the visa application for the short course in London .

In filling the application form , do I state that the E-passport is not me first passport .

Do I state or not that I have been refused visa before .

Is there a way the embassy can know if i have applied before .

I don’t want to waste this opportunity I have with my organization sending me for a course abroad . So I decided not to write that I have been refused visa before and not to state that the e-passport is not my first passport .

Please advise me .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ty4real(m): 7:45pm On May 13, 2008
goodbobo:

I applied for UK visiting visa and was refused twice this year with my old passport . Now the government organization that I work for is planning to send me for a course in UK .

Good that the government organisation you work for is sending you on a short course to study and it does not in anyway affect your intending student application.

Do I use a new E passport that I just got for the visa application for the short course in London .

Why do you want to get an E-passport has the validity of the old one expired?If not stick with the old one but if you want to use the new passport make sure you submit the two in your application.

In filling the application form , do I state that the E-passport is not me first passport .

Definitely you have to state there categorically in clear plain,simple English that it is not your first passport.

Do I state or not that I have been refused visa before .

I advice you to state on the form that you have been refused visa before,state your reference number and give a summarised statement of each refusals.

Is there a way the embassy can know if i have applied before .

YES SIR!

Infact if you do not state there that you have applied for visa before that may the only reason they will use in refusing you this time,so I advice that you state that you have applied for visa twicw before,I remember a friend who did the same thing soem years back that was even when Biometrics had not even started,he did not state in the application form that he had applied before,infact he stated that it was his first application and first passport,cause he went to get a new passport and he interchanged his forenames and his birthdates,thinking they wont get,that was the only reason they refused him on,they are not satisifed that he actually intends to go the Uk for the purpose he wanted to go for if he could hide those vital information in his application.
More so since it is the government that is sponsoring you,why don't you be truthful and very plain,highest they will call you for an interview,rather than you wasting another 25k and refusals been stamped against your records with them.

So the Onus is on you to either discard this lines or follow it,But I advice you follow the voice of reasoning,British High Commission in Nigeria are getting smarter everyday and Nigerians working in that office are the ones who quickly detects the irregularities in your applications and with database software,it will be very easy to know whether you have applied anywhere in the world and that those guys at the commission are good at!Trust me on this.
Cheers and all the best in your application. wink

I[b] don’t want to waste this opportunity I have with my organization sending me for a course abroad . So I decided not to write that I have been refused visa before and not to state that the e-passport is not my first passport .

Please advise me .

[/b]

You are on your own sir if you still go ahead with this resolution!Please, I will really love you to come back and share your testimony with the house in case you decide to go with the resolution.
I don give my own little advice make others talk their own! grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by femigirl(f): 10:52pm On May 13, 2008
Good evening to all the Visa Guru's,

Please I need some answers to my questions pretty please.

Here goes my partner( we are engaged) needs to come to the UK because we have a family wedding to attend in August. Do we have enough time for him to get a visa

going forward he wants to be visiting me as offer as possible what the best type of visa we should apply for?

further he has his Aunt(his dad junior sister) living in the Uk,should she be his sponsor or should i be his sponsor who the best person? idont want him to refused

Also when he comes to Uk and we want to travel to France/italy for a weekend? do we have to apply for a Visa way in advance? or is there like europe visa?

further i no the sponsor can submit all paper in the uk,how does that work?

THANK YOU INADVANCE FOR ALL YOUR HELP. MAY THE GOOD LORD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU ALL.
[/list]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ArmedLion(m): 2:30am On May 14, 2008
Jc Omon, click for travel runs na big risk oh! watch very well before you leap is my candid advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 2:36am On May 14, 2008
femigirl:

Good evening to all the Visa Guru's,
  Good evening! wink

femigirl:

Please I need some answers to my questions pretty please.
  Fire them, you have my attention  smiley

femigirl:

Here goes my partner( we are engaged) needs to come to the UK because we have a family wedding to attend in August. Do we have enough time for him to get a visa
  Yes, you have more than enough time for it since it usually takes a window period of 21 days on average.

femigirl:

going forward he wants to be visiting me as offer as possible what the best type of visa we should apply for?
  He simply has to apply for the multiple entry type which is usually for a 6 months period: it's for the embassy to decide the visa category and issue him the "C" type.

femigirl:

further he has his Aunt(his dad junior sister) living in the Uk,should she be his sponsor or should i be his sponsor who the best person? idont want him to refused
  Anybody (who has evidence of financial capability with his/her bank account recording transaction details) can be a sponsor as long as the purpose is deemed credible in the eye of the visa officer (ECO), but (if you have these credentials,) i'll recommend you to be the sponsor in consideration of your relationship with him

femigirl:

Also when he comes to Uk and we want to travel to France/italy for a weekend? do we have to apply for a Visa way in advance? or is there like europe visa?
  The UK visa is only valid for the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, you can NOT use it for any other country: So, if you intend to visit France or Italy, you have to apply for a Schengen visa separately.

femigirl:

further i no the sponsor can submit all paper in the uk,how does that work?
  You have to go to the immigration/home office with the required documents, they have a database where they can correspond with the British embassy in Nigeria.

femigirl:

THANK YOU INADVANCE FOR ALL YOUR HELP. MAY THE GOOD LORD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU ALL.
  You're welcome and may God bless you too  cool
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 3:18am On May 14, 2008
[size=50pt]   NEXT!!![/size]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by goodbobo: 10:03am On May 14, 2008
@ty4real , thanks a million for your advice and God bless u . Tell me is it advisable to Use the old passort then or i could go ahead with the new e-passport and inform them of the old passport of the fact that i have been refused visa before ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 10:15am On May 14, 2008
goodbobo:

. . .Tell me is it advisable to Use the old passort then or i could go ahead with the new e-passport and inform them of the old passport of the fact that i have been refused visa before ?

If your old passport is still valid, then, feel free to use it, it's recommended: it's better to use the old passport with the refusal stamps than to use a new one trying to conseal the fact of the circumstance where-as they already have your information in their database. So, i suggest you use the old passport as this would explain your honesty and credibility.
Believe me, these guys really hate to see people trying to be smart.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by pahtahkee: 10:49am On May 14, 2008
liliana:

@pahtakee,
You are wonderful.this is not the right place to do this but i am just too overwhelmed.Just looking at your profile.how u design lagos with london tube map?, grin grin grin You try no be small.warm rgds
grin grin grin

You are over wonderful as well. Please do not be too overwhelmed oh!. grin I actually did not design that map. The credit goes to someone else. grin But I fell in love with it too, and I believe Nigeria will get there one day!

How are you doing ma'am? Been a while though. Are you much settled now? Nice to hear from you once again. I hope to make contact with you, once I step into the UK soon.

Warm regards as well. grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by teamman(m): 1:55pm On May 14, 2008
Good day to you all, the uk visa gurus. I am very appreciative of your efforts to help other Nigerians.i want to apply for the hsmp.i have seen the requirements but i want to be sure before i put in my application. i also want to know all technicalities involved. the things i should avoid and salient things i should add to the application. documents that will give me a added advantage etc. thank you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by teamman(m): 1:56pm On May 14, 2008
Good day to you all, the uk visa gurus. I am very appreciative of your efforts to help other Nigerians.i want to apply for the hsmp.i have seen the requirements but i want to be sure before i put in my application. i also want to know all technicalities involved. the things i should avoid and salient things i should add to the application. documents that will give me a added advantage etc. thank you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 2:31pm On May 14, 2008
teamman:

One thing that's the most important credential in any kind of visa application is the evidence that an applicant has credible responsibility both in home country and the destination one: This credential is not just an added advantage, but rather the superior one. There's nothing as good as being seen as one who's useful in his own country.
   And also, considering the fact that the visa officers look for excuses to refuse visas rather than for the reason to issue them, therefore it's better to have more than enough documents than to have a little less than enough. These guys would refuse visas for the most feeble excuse, the faintest of reason.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by teamman(m): 4:26pm On May 14, 2008
[quote][/quote]thank u vcjustice pahatakee and co please i need more response from you. Its the HSMP application.Please help me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by pahtahkee: 5:49pm On May 14, 2008
Vicjustice:

One thing that's the most important credential in any kind of visa application is the evidence that an applicant has credible responsibility both in home country and the destination one: This credential is not just an added advantage, but rather the superior one. There's nothing as good as being seen as one who's useful in his own country.
And also, considering the fact that the visa officers look for excuses to refuse visas rather than for the reason to issue them, therefore it's better to have more than enough documents than to have a little less than enough. These guys would refuse visas for the most feeble excuse, the faintest of reason.
This is the only statement you keep saying from one visa immigration thread to the other. The guy is asking for technicalities involved, you are ranting about being useful in ones country. Do you know one of the requirements of the HSMP is that you are ready to make the UK your place of stay?

I only pity those who listen to you on the forum with your incoherent and inconsistent way of writing. Pathetic.

@ teamman,
There is a thread where technicalities involved with HSMP was discussed. Here is the thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-30156.1952.html

Please read it and come back with any further questions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by teamman(m): 5:51pm On May 14, 2008
thank you patakee. God bless you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ty4real(m): 7:19pm On May 14, 2008
goodbobo:

@ty4real , thanks a million for your advice and God bless u . Tell me is it advisable to Use the old passort then or i could go ahead with the new e-passport and inform them of the old passport of the fact that i have been refused visa before ?

The only reason I will ask you not to use the old passport is if and if it has expired but if it has not,[b]PLEASE GO AHEAD AND USE THE OLD ONE
[/b]this old passport you are talking about is expected to fizzle out by 2010 so theres really no biggie about this your E-passport ok! grin!But since you are soo keen on using the new passport,include the two passport in your application and let the ECO decide which one he will put your visa ok!
Cheers!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 11:56pm On May 14, 2008
Vicjustice:

What has this got to do with the technicalities involved in obtaining HSMP visa?

pahtahkee:

This is the only statement you keep saying from one visa immigration thread to the other. [/b]The guy is asking for technicalities involved, you are ranting about being useful in ones country. Do you know one of the requirements of the HSMP is that you are ready to make the UK your place of stay?

[b]I only pity those who listen to you on the forum with your incoherent and inconsistent way of writing
. Pathetic.

WORD !
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 6:41am On May 15, 2008
teamman:

Dear Teamnan
   When do you intend to make your application?
   I expect you already have the required documents to show yourself worthy of your proffession, and like i said earlier, it's very important to indicate that you're a useful person in your country as well as being a potential useful one in the UK.
   You see, paper work is not just all that matters: a lot of people have these same documents that you have, but they were denied the visas because they failed to convince the visa officers of the aptitude that they'd developed in the UK: these officers cherish applicants with assertiveness ie, you need to display a bold confidence during your interview.
   Click this link and take a look at a useful video and my explanation at: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-134266.0.html
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by JCDejiM: 7:48am On May 15, 2008
[b]@ Everyone In The House
I Was Refused Visa On 10th Of January,And I Appealed,But Till Now I've Now Heard Anything From BHC,Not Even A Notification Message To Say They Have Receive My Apeal,
And Again,I 'm Yet To Receive A Final Answer From Nairalanders,Cos VICJUSTICE & FUNKYBABY Answers Are Diffenent,
Please Help Me Out
1Luv[/b]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 8:10am On May 15, 2008
JCDeji.M:

[b]@ Everyone In The House
Please Help Me Out
1Luv[/b]

Your previous refusal or pending appeal does not in anyway prejudice or influence any subsequent application you make, in fact, you can reapply any time.
   As for two people having different opinion, i suggest that you contact the embassy and give us an update of your findings and let's see who's right.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by teamman(m): 8:44am On May 15, 2008
good morning visa gurus, once again thank you for your time. i want to attach my academic transcript to my hsmp application,because i finished from the university in 2005 my degree certificate is not ready yet. Now my university does not want to give me the transcript directly but send it to the organization where it is needed. can i allow them send it to the hsmp application office? Alternatively my study course department can issue a transcript which i can collect directly.Can i use the academic transcript from my course department for the hsmp application? If not please advice . Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 9:10am On May 15, 2008
@dejimayor

Even if you have been refused a UK visa before, you may make another application at any time, but if the reasons for your refusal still apply you may be refused again.

But you can still contact the tribunal about the appeal , here is the contact details

Asylum and Immigration Tribunal
Arnhem Support Centre
PO Box 6987
Leicester LE1 6ZX
United Kingdom
Tel: (+44) (0)845 600 0877
Fax: (+44) (0)116 249 4130
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 9:14am On May 15, 2008
@dejimayor

Even if you have been refused a UK visa before, you may make another application at any time, but if the reasons for your refusal still apply you may be refused again.

But you can still contact the tribunal about the appeal , here is the contact details

Asylum and Immigration Tribunal
Arnhem Support Centre
PO Box 6987
Leicester LE1 6ZX
United Kingdom
Tel: (+44) (0)845 600 0877
Fax: (+44) (0)116 249 4130
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by IncaGold(m): 4:25pm On May 15, 2008
@Vicjustice,
Pls if you still want your sanity, leave this visa business for pahtakee, Akolawole, funkybaby etc.
They're the self-acclaimed authority when it comes to uk visa issue. Anyone trying to get noticed will be strongly RESISTED by the TRIO!!!!
So be warned, back of! A word is enough for the WISE.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by McOmo(m): 7:48pm On May 15, 2008
@Incagold

u r just another multiple id user embarassed

una no dey tire . . . pathetic lot ! angry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ty4real(m): 8:17pm On May 15, 2008
IncaGold:

@Vicjustice,
Please if you still want your sanity, leave this visa business for pahtakee, Akolawole, funkybaby etc.
They're the self-acclaimed authority when it comes to uk visa issue. Anyone trying to get noticed will be strongly RESISTED by the TRIO!!!!
So be warned, back of! A word is enough for the WISE.
Mr Self appointed appointed Moderator! shocked,we are all here to challenge each other in order to be a better person,no one has a monopoly of knowledge when it comes to visa issues,we keep learning,so contribute ur quota and leave stories grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by IncaGold(m): 9:11pm On May 15, 2008
Mc Omo:

@Incagold

you're just another multiple id user embarassed

una no dey tire . . . pathetic lot ! angry
Define multiple id user? I clearly wasnt talking to you, my post was addressed to Vicjustice!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by IncaGold(m): 9:15pm On May 15, 2008
@ty4real
If you truly believe that nobody has a monopoly of knowledge, then leave vicjustice alone! Let him post whatever rubbish he wants. Moreover my post was addressed to Vicjustice, not you, busy body!!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Dantecmu(m): 10:03pm On May 15, 2008
IncaGold:

They're the self-acclaimed authority when it comes to uk visa issue.

What are you Saying? SELF ACCLAIMED !!!!! are those the right words. 

Ciao.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.