Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,042 members, 7,845,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief (39983 Views)

Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala / Pastor Who Goes About Preaching Unclad / What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Richy4(m): 2:54pm On May 07, 2013
In this world you will always have a choice. to pay your tithes or not to pay. to go to church or not to go. everyone came to this world as an individual. on the judgment day, we will stand and answer as individual. so if you do not want to pay, do not make others buy your opinion because you and only you are entitled to it.

FYI tithe is not a Nigerian message alone, It is said all over the world. what you should have said is that the pastors in Nigeria are not using the money to help community and humanity. they are using it to enrich themselves. I worship at Hillsong church in Australia. the Tithe they collect every Sunday is used for development in some countries like South Africa, India etc.where disabled secondary school that has a hostel facility is in place free. when you see the clip of the video how happy those abandon kids where,who have no hope and future but where suddenly given a life, you will have no excuse but to give because you have seen what your generosity is doing to the live of other people.

But if you are so angry about the pastors,you can read EZEKIEL 34:1-16 where God pronounced judgement on them. That can help you sleep at night.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Goshen360(m): 2:55pm On May 07, 2013
When a topic such as this, tithe & tithing becomes as very controversial as it is, it's a pointing signal that Christian people need to pay good attention and not just take what is said from the pulpit but STUDY what the truth of the matter is. But unfortunately, Christian people will not study on the subject matter. It doesn't take up to one week to study this subject. Go and sit yourself down and know the truth, so shall the truth set you free.

5 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by jude33084(m): 3:01pm On May 07, 2013
mollie12: 1 Corinthians 9:14 - "Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel".

Even though several 'men of God' have abused the ministry of money collections and exploited it for their selfish purpose, we would be operating in almost the same level of error to label every pastor that collect tithes a thief.

Pastors request for money collections to support the aspects of ministry (church maintenance, outreach projects, etc) and to also support themselves. Yep, you heard that right. THE OFFERINGS ARE TO SPENT BY THE PASTORS. That is what operated in the Levitical era. The grey area - which is where, I believe, ethics and morality should come into play - is HOW MUCH money should they spend on themselves. If the church gives an offering of $1 million, does that mean they should splurge on a Ferrari or some other luxury piece of property? That is the real issue we should be dealing with as a church, not whether we should make money offerings or not. Most of the time, people singing this "don't pay tithes" thing are not really seeking the mind of God but just want to pursue their own selfish agenda, and keep all their money to themselves.
Notice I'm doing my best to steer clear of the 'tithe' label. That's because the tithing requirement of the law, as far as I've been able to read in the Bible, was fulfilled in Christ. But money collections for servants in the Lord's vineyard was never removed and will always continue till the end of time.

you have spoken well and well done wink

but why didnt Jesus Christ harmer on it well as He did to offering to the poor and less privilege? smiley

I still believe in offering, seed sowing and pledges to God than tithing cool

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 07, 2013
Goshen360: When a topic such as this, tithe & tithing becomes as very controversial as it is, it's a pointing signal that Christian people need to pay good attention and not just take what is said from the pulpit but STUDY what the truth of the matter is. But unfortunately, Christian people will not study on the subject matter. It doesn't take up to one week to study this subject. Go and sit yourself down and know the truth, so shall the truth set you free.

GBAM!!!
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by jude33084(m): 3:09pm On May 07, 2013
mollie12:

Right.

But the speed with which everyone is jumping on the bandwagon is a bit disturbing. And considering that this is coming from Mr Femi Aribisala, whose 'Faith and religion' weekly articles in the now defunct 234NEXT newspapers were extremely controversial and indicative of one who doesn't adhere to the mainstream Christian faith. Already I've noticed 2 TOPICS in the Nairaland religious section based on this discourse of his. We need to be careful of who we are endorsing, and with what ideology we are aligning ourselves. And I still insist that his claim is too sweeping. It is NOT every pastor that allows a tithe collection in his church that has a selfish agenda or can be referred to as a thief.

You just read title and jump to comment undecided

please read through the write up again.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Godside: 3:12pm On May 07, 2013
Segeggs: christ never preached tithing as a christian doctrine.

bro, dnt mind them. Dey cn neva cover d truth. Tithes its nt meant 4d christian. Read 1cor 16: 1-2, "Now about the collection for God's people: Do what I told the Galatian churches to do. On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made." (1 Corinthians 16:1-2).
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 07, 2013
People prefer to walk pass a begger on their way to church to drop their tithe. Is that christlike?

5 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Goshen360(m): 3:18pm On May 07, 2013
New International Version (©2011)
But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse! Galatians 1:8

Spiritual pointer:

Did the Apostles preached tithe or tithing to the church\Christians?.....other than the gospel we have preached!

Did Christ preached tithe or tithing to the Apostles or woe to the scribes & pharisees?.....other than the gospel we have preached!

Show us where the New Testament Christians were taught to or instructed to tithe?.....other than the gospel we have preached!

Pattern yourselves after me [follow my example], as I imitate and follow Christ (the Messiah).
1 Corinthians 11:1; Amplified Bible (AMP)

2 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Godside: 3:20pm On May 07, 2013
coogar:

you are a very intelligent man, sir!

I believ u r d spoke-man 4 al d tithe collector ,i wil advise u stop lukin at ur belle bt d true word of God. pls tel us wat d 1cor 16: 1-2 say. "Now about the collection for God's people: Do what I told the Galatian churches to do. On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made." (1 Corinthians 16:1-2).
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by ogorsunday(m): 3:24pm On May 07, 2013
bible say man shall not live by bread alone but by all words of God.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Godside: 3:29pm On May 07, 2013
Richy.:
In this world you will always have a choice. to pay your tithes or not to pay. to go to church or not to go. everyone came to this world as an individual. on the judgment day, we will stand and answer as individual. so if you do not want to pay, do not make others buy your opinion because you and only you are entitled to it.

FYI tithe is not a Nigerian message alone, It is said all over the world. what you should have said is that the pastors in Nigeria are not using the money to help community and humanity. they are using it to enrich themselves. I worship at Hillsong church in Australia. the Tithe they collect every Sunday is used for development in some countries like South Africa, India etc.where disabled secondary school that has a hostel facility is in place free. when you see the clip of the video how happy those abandon kids where,who have no hope and future but where suddenly given a life, you will have no excuse but to give because you have seen what your generosity is doing to the live of other people.

But if you are so angry about the pastors,you can read EZEKIEL 34:1-16 where God pronounced judgement on them. That can help you sleep at night.

Am confident dt u r lyin, pls kip it 2ursf. Show us whr pple use moni 2pay tithes , u cn ask ur pastor 2show n wil b surprise he wil jst b lukin. The use of moni exist in those days n dey neva use moni. Tithes is nt meant 4d christian pls stop lyin . "Now about the collection for God's people: Do what I told the Galatian churches to do. On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made." (1 Corinthians 16:1-2).
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 07, 2013
I have read what is written here but we need to
understand that the devil also tried to deceive the
Son of God with scriptures!! So the logos killeth,
Rhema is what we need in this dispensation of the
Holy Spirit... The ''Covenant'' not agreement of
tithing came in Gen. 28:22 where Israel said "and
this stone that I have set up as a pillar will be God's
house, and of all that you give me I will give you a
tenth" this is why God was not happy with the
house of Israel in Mal. 3:6,Tithing is not a law but a
Covenant jst the way God had a covenant of
blessing with Abraham. So does the covenant there
say crops? Or "all you give me" Is it not God that
gives us the power to produce all we have today
Deut. 8:18. The bible is very current and up to
date, we must not out date it because we now use
money...or would we say because Jesus did not use
a car then we won't?? Ask GOD about tithing and
you would hear from Him. Jesus did not condemn
tithing in anywhere in Scripture and because the
law has been abolished does not mean we continue
to sin or the covenant of blessings is
abandoned...we tithe now out of Love in obedience
to GOD not as an act of the law. we are all
offsprings of Abraham by the blood of Jesus, so he
cannot say the scripture only talks to Jews or
Israelites....The House of Israel is an example of
what GOD is doing with the body of Christ
today..the bible is not just a bundle of stories, it is a
deep message for the world today...seek GOD and
be careful who you listen to.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by peteregwu(m): 3:32pm On May 07, 2013
my friend, u dont need to go to heaven to have the experience of heaven. then why do we have the bible, and the Holy Spirit...given to as many that believes. if u are born again, u will hav the Spirit of God, by which u will believe th word of In toto. have u not read? "Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." Matthew 6:10 KJV. You cant mix philosophy with the bible. Philosophy or worldliness is enemity with God(bible). "Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God." James 4:4 KJV.

We are left with choices, is either we believe in God(heaven) or satan(hell fire). We must choose one. Their is no neutrality. So long it is written in the bible we should pay tithe, we must do it. Thats a commandment. Imagine God calling somebody a thief for not paying tithe. Dont u know its a serious case. Then if God is calling somebody a theif, how then can such person make heaven. "And he looked up, and saw the rich men casting their gifts into the treasury. [2] And he saw also a certain poor widow casting in thither two mites. [3] And he said, Of a truth I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast in more than they all: [4] For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had." Luke 21:1-4 KJV.

We must believe in the word of God totally and do them.... anything short of this classifies you as an unbeliever. . "Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand." Revelation 1:3 KJV.

But one thing is certain, giving of tithes is not a guarantee for heaven. It is to fulfil all righteousness. So, failure to pay it becomes a sin, so long one has a busines or job. It is only through the righteousness of christ by His blood we xan make heaven. What the pastors or the general overseers need to do is declare to members they should not give offerings or tithes from illicit businesses, drug dealings, occultism. Let them know that the judgment of God will come upon them if they try give money from gotten from ill business or jobs.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 07, 2013
Tithing and Offerings are not for the true Christian Faith which saves by Grace. In the old religion before the death of Christ, tithes and offerings were authentic. But in the new Christian religion which saves by grace, God Almighty owns 100% of your income and offering 10% is merely a legal process of robbing him. If you truly follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, you will discover the truth yourself. There is no point arguing about things like this. You can't fight for the Lord, we are merely called to obey and show love to humanity by saving souls for Christ.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by brilapluz(m): 3:52pm On May 07, 2013
Atigba: I will start paying tithes...when i see a pastor that can explain to me why jesus christ did nt pay tithes and his apostles non even teaches the early church to tithe and they did nt pay tithes as well..so i believe under the new convenant tithing is unscriptural.i use to say this to my friends in school way back,they will call me devil for nt paying tithes but today...i can remember a pastor told me on campus then that i would get a job that am doomed..for nt paying tithe...but today all my friends re still jobless they re all asking me for help.i dont have to follow a doctrine to get something from God. My earthly dad before he died he wrote a wil stating that so so property in so so location belongs to me ..i did nt do anything to merit the property the reason he gave it to me is because i was born in okoro family. so also when u re born again u dont need to do anything to merit God blessing. infact the reason why God blessing belongs to you is nt because you re paying tithes of going to church every day..he has already done evrything on the cross..is like saying the price he paid is worthless ...Own no man nothing accept to love for who ever that loves has fulfilled the law.I ONLY LOVE THAT IS THE ONLY COMMANDMENT JESUS LEFT ....OTHERS HAS BECAME ABSOLATE THE VERY MOMENT HE DIED.

NO BETA ILLUSTRATION CAN SURPASS WAT U JUST WROTE..GOD BLESS U THUMBS UP!
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Richy4(m): 3:53pm On May 07, 2013
Godside:

Am confident dt u r lyin, pls kip it 2ursf. Show us whr pple use moni 2pay tithes , u cn ask ur pastor 2show n wil b surprise he wil jst b lukin. The use of moni exist in those days n dey neva use moni. Tithes is nt meant 4d christian pls stop lyin . "Now about the collection for God's people: Do what I told the Galatian churches to do. On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made." (1 Corinthians 16:1-2).

I really do not have time for you.in what way did i lie to you? the fact that Tithe was used for helping humanity where i worship or that every one has a choice in live? you know what, do not only stay on nairaland website alone. just make some research about other things. it will help you instead of typing that someone you have never known/met is lying; when you are drowning with Ignorance.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by mko2005: 4:01pm On May 07, 2013
''This ought ye to have done and not left the other undone''
"What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law--justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.-Mathew 23:23
Even Jesus threw HIS weight on tithing and you guys are here falling for one the trick masterminded by the devil using one Femi aribisala to sell it to you ! I know some of us will say we are not the scribes,the pharisees,levites and the rest that should demand a tithe according to the law,but it is a law of God that was not changed or given clearer or further explanation.As a christian,we should not be told to pay our tithe becos we know we should for the propagation of the gospel.Other that tithe,some of us give maximum of 50 naira as offering in the house of God and when ever a call is made for contribution towards a project in the house of God keeps mute not wanting to sow,pledge or give towards the work of God.Come to think of it,how much do we give God as tithe every month ?
In Mathew 23:23 Jesus said to the scribes,the pharisees or the teachers of the law that they do not administer justice,they do not show mercy and also lack faith but focus solely on tithing.But He (Jesus) said yes they should pay their tithes but also attend to other above listed weightier things of life !-Mathew 23:23 If tithing is wrong,Christ would have condemned it.There are churches today that do not advertise paying of tithe but congregants who understand tithing do pay their tithes.My wife is a Roman Catholic and i am of the 'Pentecostal denomination' but she is more faithful in tithing than myself even though they never discuss tithing in her own church !She has been a faithful tither before i met her and eventually married her.That is the understanding we should have concerning tithing.We shouldn't be threatened with it but should not object to it when we are reminded to do so.Mr Aribisala Femi said that Jesus according to Mathew 23:23 is trying to teach the scribes,teachers that if they must obey tithing which is a law that they should obey it to the end by obeying the laws of showing mercy,justice and faith-That is wrong interpretation of that text.At least from the point where Jesus said ''you should tithe YES'' [/b]explains it all. Aribisala Femi said pastors are mistaking store house in Malachi to be the house of God instead of just a store ! And i ask a question, a store where ? On the streets of Jerusalem,Saudi Arabia or the peoples house or in their hearts or where ? Please let's see the text below:
''Bring ye all the tithes into [b]the store-house
, that there may be food in my house, and prove me now with this, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it''-Malachi 3:10
From the above,we see store-house and we see my house. It is obvious that this store-house must be in the house of God. The question i have to ask Aribisala is where is the house of God ?
For the sake of time,space and readability of this write up,i do not have to start defending pastors and tithe becos i am not a pastor and the tithe money isn't mine,i seize to explain further errors associated with aribisala's write up. Pay ur tithe if you understand that you are giving to God and not man !But if you think you are giving to ur pastor,u can seize with the payments of tithe. Tomorow,some others will come to tell us that we are not suppose to give offerings,pledge in the house of God or even sow seed.All these are the plans of the subtle master deceiver the devil ! God help us

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 07, 2013
China, japan, korea, india and a large amount of asians dont pay tithe cos they dont even believe in our God, yet they are blessed even far better than we religious nations cos that electronic gadget you are using to type your pro-tithe comment was made there.

As a tither, do you think your money is the reason why God is blessing you? Or dont you know that he allows rain to fall on the righteous and the unrighteous?

Pro-tithers, pls GOOGLE for "the tithe is illegal" by gary amirault. Read and realise the grave error you've been involved in.

Thank you.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Goshen360(m): 4:07pm On May 07, 2013
What if I tell you nobody today practice true biblical tithing as recorded in the word of God?

Numbers 18
is your answer, go and read it. It doesn't take up to 20 minutes to read it except you're too lazy to read. It tells us and is eternally clear who the Living God commanded to receive tithe - the Levites. The Levites then give a tenth part of the tithe to Aaron the Priest. Should tithing still apply to Christians today, then the church workers (equivalent of the Levites) are by the law to collect the tithe and then give a tenth part of it to the pastors (equivalent of Aaron the priest today).

The Levites and their priesthood are then abolished in the New Testament, thereby, abolishing tithing\tithe along with that Levitical priesthood. Hebrews 7:5-19. You tithe and you're still in debt! What happened to the promised of Malachi 3:8-10 that you were told the windows of heaven will be opened to you and blessings will be poured out on you that there will be no more room (space) to occupy those blessing? Is God then a liar? Malachi 3 is not addressing Christians but the priests that were stealing from God then; hence the statement, will a man rob God?

Grace based giving is the instruction of the New Testament Christians. Many Christians tithe and yet, many especially in Nigeria, still have lots of Christian people living below $2 per day. God is not a liar! Set yourself free from legalistic tithing according to the law of carnal commandments and start Grace based giving and see the wonders of God in your life. I'm a living witness to Grace based giving.

5 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by mko2005: 4:11pm On May 07, 2013
cmega123: I have read what is written here but we need to
understand that the devil also tried to deceive the
Son of God with scriptures!! So the logos killeth,
Rhema is what we need in this dispensation of the
Holy Spirit... The ''Covenant'' not agreement of
tithing came in Gen. 28:22 where Israel said "and
this stone that I have set up as a pillar will be God's
house, and of all that you give me I will give you a
tenth" this is why God was not happy with the
house of Israel in Mal. 3:6,Tithing is not a law but a
Covenant jst the way God had a covenant of
blessing with Abraham. So does the covenant there
say crops? Or "all you give me" Is it not God that
gives us the power to produce all we have today
Deut. 8:18. The bible is very current and up to
date, we must not out date it because we now use
money...or would we say because Jesus did not use
a car then we won't?? Ask GOD about tithing and
you would hear from Him. Jesus did not condemn
tithing in anywhere in Scripture and because the
law has been abolished does not mean we continue
to sin or the covenant of blessings is
abandoned...we tithe now out of Love in obedience
to GOD not as an act of the law. we are all
offsprings of Abraham by the blood of Jesus, so he
cannot say the scripture only talks to Jews or
Israelites....The House of Israel is an example of
what GOD is doing with the body of Christ
today..the bible is not just a bundle of stories, it is a
deep message for the world today...seek GOD and
be careful who you listen to.
May the Almighty God,the creator of the heavens and earth the father of our lord Jesus Christ continue to keep you withing the hedge. May you not be a cast away when the trumpet shall sound. God bless ur family in Jesus name....
God help me
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Goshen360(m): 4:18pm On May 07, 2013
@ m.k.o2005

You think Christ was talking to His Disciples\Apostles and\or the Church\Christians in that context? Then try that scripture, Matthew 23:23 in this format and see how it reads

"Woe to you, Disciples\Apostles of Christ and the Church\Christians, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

How does that read to you? You need to leave that context to those Christ was saying woe to and not extend it to Christians and\or the Apostles. You're going beyond what is written! 1 Corinthians 4:6

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by mko2005: 4:26pm On May 07, 2013
Segeggs: China, japan, korea, india and a large amount of asians dont pay tithe cos they dont even believe in our God, yet they are blessed even far better than we religious nations cos that electronic gadget you are using to type your pro-tithe comment was made there.

As a tither, do you think your money is the reason why God is blessing you? Or dont you know that he allows rain to fall on the righteous and the unrighteous?

Pro-tithers, pls GOOGLE for "the tithe is illegal" by gary amirault. Read and realise the grave error you've been involved in.

Thank you.
You do not have to google anyman to know wether you are right by paying tithe ! The bible is the standard but if you fail to comprehend,then leave it that way ! I do not think that God will send anyone to hell for paying tithe and no one goes to heaven for paying of tithe.
Japans,korea,china,india and the rest you mentioned above,if they do not know Christ,what you think is success might not be after all ! Study ur bible friend that is if you are a christian ! A Christian is blessed and the manifestation of his blessings can also be seen or expressed via material wealth but material wealth is not a criterion for measuring the presence of God in one's life !
God help us all
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Sike(m): 4:27pm On May 07, 2013
STALE
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by excellence13: 4:27pm On May 07, 2013
tomaagy: Its your life!!! Just beware how ur utterances or so called sudden revolution imparts on the life of people who cant decide for themselves!

The koko is this if you cant part with 10% of wat you have freely! You are a greedy person which is not christianly!

I am not a frequent tither though i wish i could be, and neither do i pay my tithes in a single church!

Sometimes ive used my tithe to purchase needs for the church! Understanding matters.... but please watever ur personal convictions regarding tithe dont make a law out of it..

if u search the bible enough u will see any scripture to back even committing murder! its free will

DO u part with 10% of what you have to the poor and truly needy?

Matthew 25: 35-40

35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by awesomeness(f): 4:32pm On May 07, 2013
I really can't believe pple r BUSY arguing over paying tithe or not...even though pastors hammer it on pulpits, urs is to decide whether to pay or not... Not to come on social networks and begin to chant ******* behind d pastors.
@ OP, if u have issues with pastors preaching abt paying of tithes n offerings and or u paying tithes, go iron it out with them n stop corrupting minds of some pple.. If u r so familiar with the scriptures n u so understand and can interprete it, u r free to set up ur own church n lay down ur doctrines, u sure will have believers. R'member, judge not that u be not judged... #justapieceofadvice# wink wink

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by mko2005: 4:36pm On May 07, 2013
Goshen360: @ m.k.o2005

You think Christ was talking to His Disciples\Apostles and\or the Church\Christians in that context? Then try that scripture, Matthew 23:23 in this format and see how it reads

"Woe to you, Disciples\Apostles of Christ and the Church\Christians, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

How does that read to you? You need to leave that context to those Christ was saying woe to and not extend it to Christians and\or the Apostles. You're going beyond what is written! 1 Corinthians 4:6
Christ was not talking to Christians in Mathew 23:23 BUT to those who are supposed to be Christains but are not becos they aren't doing what is expected of them. If Tithing was bad or an error even to the the Pharisees,scribes and all the teachers back then,Chrsit would have siad: Do not tithe you... or You think tithing is good abi ? or may who told you that tithing is important you ..... But He went on to condemn them were they fall short i.e in the area of justice,love,mercy and faith and also encouraged them to tithe on by saying 'YES YOU SHOULD TITHE'
Goshen,you may not be an advocate of tithing but i tell us that Christ can say woe to Christians who failed to do the right thing !Christ was not happy that those(Pharisees,scribes and other teachers)who should know better but failed to and only thinking that becos they tithe then they are saints. HE called them Hypocrites for tithing which must be seen by all but Justice,mercy and faith in God which were 'more' weightier are been relegated !
God help us

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Goshen360(m): 4:40pm On May 07, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Christ was not talking to Christians in Mathew 23:23 BUT to those who are supposed to be Christains but are not becos they aren't doing what is expected of them. If Tithing was bad or an error even to the the Pharisees,scribes and all the teachers back then,Chrsit would have siad: Do not tithe you... or You think tithing is good abi ? or may who told you that tithing is important you ..... But He went on to condemn them were they fall short i.e in the area of justice,love,mercy and faith and also encouraged them to tithe on by saying 'YES YOU SHOULD TITHE'
Goshen,you may not be an advocate of tithing but i tell us that Christ can say woe to Christians who failed to do the right thing !Christ was not happy that those(Pharisees,scribes and other teachers)who should know better but failed to and only thinking that becos they tithe then they are saints. HE called them Hypocrites for tithing which must be seen by all but Justice,mercy and faith in God which were 'more' weightier are been relegated !
God help us

Okay, who are those to receive tithe or tithing today?...from the point view of the word of God.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by mko2005: 4:41pm On May 07, 2013
Goshen360:

Okay, who are those to receive tithe or tithing today?
The question you should ask first should be why should i even tithe ?
God help us
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Goshen360(m): 4:49pm On May 07, 2013
m.k.o2005:

The question you should ask first should be why should i even tithe ?
God help us

Let's do the teaching one after the other. Okay, I will answer your question but you must answer mine thereafter.

Tithing in the law of Moses is a type and shadow of Christian giving.

New Living Translation (©2007)
The old system under the law of Moses was only a shadow, a dim preview of the good things to come, not the good things themselves. The sacrifices under that system were repeated again and again, year after year, but they were never able to provide perfect cleansing for those who came to worship. Hebrews 10:1

In the Old, it was a way of sharing and giving but because it was a law dispensation, it must be fixed, stipulated to legal percentage and then must be adhere strictly to. It foreshadowed the ministry of New Testament concerning giving and receiving. Why then must I tithe? Because the law of Moses commanded such for the law dispensation but Grace does not based sharing\receiving on legalistic\fixed percentage so I don't tithe under the New Testament but I share and give what I purpose in my heart and\or as I'm blessed.

Now, back to my question - Who are those to receive tithe today in the Church age?
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by badmeat(m): 4:57pm On May 07, 2013
I love the LDS church!all clergy work for to keep themselves and their family!now tithe is not for man its for God,its used for church buildings,printing scriptures,building temples,scriptures are free!then there is the fast offering for the poor,the needy and widows,not for the leaders,infact in LDS church the leaders sacrifice a lot,that's y if u r called to be a leader in LDS church u will go tru wht our SAVIOUR went tru!dat is truly feeding the sheeps
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by farem: 5:00pm On May 07, 2013
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by hopedavid(f): 5:03pm On May 07, 2013
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. If you are truly led by God's spirit, you do anything you do including and especially 'giving' with freedom. No pastor or MOG should pressurise you. I believe in tithing not because I have to but I freely love to. As for the pastors who use it to enrich themselves, the last time I checked, God is still God and He is the Judge not you. The Truth will be revealed one day and so will judgement. What matters most is your personal relationship with this God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? / Pastor Sam Adeyemi Takes His Wife Out, Enjoys Jet Ski Ride With Her / T.B Joshua "Predicted Crash Of Russian Plane"(watch Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.