Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,133 members, 7,845,758 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief (39986 Views)

Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala / Pastor Who Goes About Preaching Unclad / What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Nobody: 1:34am On May 08, 2013
Goshen360:

The kind of loopholed argument you tithe teachers argue here is dangerous twisted word of God. Anti tithers never argued that ministers of the gospel should not be supported but does it come by tithing to them or free will giving? We shall continue again making our argument from the word of God.
That scripture is as clear as noon day, which one be twist again? you anti tithers are the ones twisting the scriptures about tithing..Shikena!!
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by luluosas(m): 2:27am On May 08, 2013
Goshen360:

Where in scriptures does the word says tithe is a criteria to heaven? What kind of gospel is this? angry
Every disobedience is SIN and no SINNER will enter the kingdom of God.
Therefore, for you to wilfully disobey the word of God and ascribe the paying of tithes to the Levitical times, you have just succeeded to discredit the word of God. Tithing is a command and should you choose to select what passages of the scriptures to obey under whatever guise, what do you think you are doing?
Remember, God says heaven and earth will pass away but, His word word will NEVER pass away. I pray that you will amend your ways and repent of all your disobedience today in Jesus name, amen.

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by luluosas(m): 2:57am On May 08, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
THANX GODS I AM PAGAN! I DONT HAVE TO BRIBE SOMEONE TO WORHSHIP THE HIGHER POWERS!
My dear friend, if only you know the consequences of paganism. Please, don't be deceived, Heaven is real, so is Hell Fire.
Now that you still have breath in your nostrils, please, please, please, I beg you in name of Jesus, give your LIFE to Jesus now, and you will enjoy the fellowship of God right now.
Hell Fire was 'originally' prepared for the devil and his demons (fallen angels). Don't joke with your because, someone owns it, and He will certainly demand for it some day.
As you are reading this reply right now, I pray, may the Holy Spirit convicts you of your sins thereby leading to your repentance in Jesus name, amen.
The door of salvation is still very wide open to you. Access it today through Jesus Christ our Lord, amen. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by bannykel: 2:58am On May 08, 2013
Somtims wen dey preach abt tithe I feel lyk runnin away, de tin dey fear m lyk hell.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by gbrookes02: 3:30am On May 08, 2013
Femi Aribisala, is mostly correct but I must say the true Jews today are the true Christians, see for example Romans 2:28-29 "For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; 29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of
the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but
from God." - New King James Version (NKJV).

Two books that agree with, and expands greatly on what Femi Aribisala, said are:

1.) "Perspectives on Tithing: Four Views", by David A. Croteau, et al.

2.) "You Mean I Dont Have to Tithe?: A Deconstruction of Tithing and a Reconstruction of Post-Tithe Giving (McMaster Theological Studies)", by David A. Croteau.

They can be gotten from Amazon.com.

Also listen to the programs or broadcasts at the link below that deals with the same tithing matter:

http://www.janetmefferdpremium.com/?s=David+Croteau+Perspectives+on+Tithing

Femi Aribisala, is very, very correct indeed.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by excellence13: 6:17am On May 08, 2013
Chibuhealth: I dont think u knw wat u are getting ursekf into......see let me tell u, we dont see God, the God we see is our Spritual directors be it a pastor or Rev fr.....so, anything we offer to God must land in their hands...... Tithe is another way of getting rich incase u dont no, so stop talking like a pagan.....with this ur post,u failed woefully....go and sit down.....mind u,u wuld be judged with watever u said on d last day.......give something to God,then forgets who takes it or not....watch ur tongue... Antichrist.

Case closed, your agenda is to get rich. Whereas Christ wants us to give all we have to the poor and follow him. If I might add, I live in a society where the pensioners drive the best cars, live decently and their churches don't collect tithe.

The gospel of tithing only thrives in Nigeria because people are anxious/fearful of the future. In a country where people work honestly and diligently in their youth, only to live in misery at old age. Hence creating an avenue ,where the preaching of tithing is a form of insurance for future riches.

You deserve to be deceived, if you don't study the word of God diligently. It is not surprising, that in a country where very few homes even have neither toolboxes nor first aid kit, people don't embrace DIY (Do it yourself. We depend on others to interpret the bible for us.

Ever wondered why Christ taught us to ask for daily bread, not monthly, yearly or future bread?

4 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:32am On May 08, 2013
luluosas:
My dear friend, if only you know the consequences of paganism. Please, don't be deceived, Heaven is real, so is Hell Fire.
Now that you still have breath in your nostrils, please, please, please, I beg you in name of Jesus, give your LIFE to Jesus now, and you will enjoy the fellowship of God right now.
Hell Fire was 'originally' prepared for the devil and his demons (fallen angels). Don't joke with your because, someone owns it, and He will certainly demand for it some day.
As you are reading this reply right now, I pray, may the Holy Spirit convicts you of your sins thereby leading to your repentance in Jesus name, amen.
The door of salvation is still very wide open to you. Access it today through Jesus Christ our Lord, amen. God bless you.

dont scare me with heaven or hell. Im not one of those poor illiterates who got deceived by those colonials. im educated enough to know that it doesn exist.
why should i give my life to jesus what will i gain? how much money will you give me? first pay and then we will see. .
there is no such thiing as demons. stop reading fairytale stories. wtf is a fallen angel? it fel from a chair?

What sins?! WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM MAN?! I HAVE NOT SINNED! MAYBE YOU SINNED! JUST BECAUSE YOU DID, DONT BLAME ON ME YOU UGLY MONSTER!

I dont want salivation! i drink enough water. thank you.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Nobody: 6:53am On May 08, 2013
Goshen360: What if I tell you nobody today practice true biblical tithing as recorded in the word of God?

Numbers 18
is your answer, go and read it. It doesn't take up to 20 minutes to read it except you're too lazy to read. It tells us and is eternally clear who the Living God commanded to receive tithe - the Levites. The Levites then give a tenth part of the tithe to Aaron the Priest. Should tithing still apply to Christians today, then the church workers (equivalent of the Levites) are by the law to collect the tithe and then give a tenth part of it to the pastors (equivalent of Aaron the priest today)

Not exactly. Aaron was high priest like Jesus is. Those who serve the Body spiritually are the Levites and priests. So, if the tenth is going anywhere first, it is to those people you call church workers and pastors and they in turn ought to reserve a tenth for the High Priest Jesus.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by seye15627(m): 8:00am On May 08, 2013
mollie12:

Right.

But the speed with which everyone is jumping on the bandwagon is a bit disturbing. And considering that this is coming from Mr Femi Aribisala, whose 'Faith and religion' weekly articles in the now defunct 234NEXT newspapers were extremely controversial and indicative of one who doesn't adhere to the mainstream Christian faith. Already I've noticed 2 TOPICS in the Nairaland religious section based on this discourse of his. We need to be careful of who we are endorsing, and with what ideology we are aligning ourselves. And I still insist that his claim is too sweeping. It is NOT every pastor that allows a tithe collection in his church that has a selfish agenda or can be referred to as a thief.

@mollie12, then prove him wrong with the scripture, Gbam
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by seye15627(m): 8:03am On May 08, 2013
Candour:

Hi Seseggs,
pls dont be a dictator.i dont support tithe too but i wont begrudge mollie his/her right to air an opinion.this is meant to be a discussion not a lecture.If you wanted only support for your idea,you could have asked the OP to indicate on the heading.

pls kindly tolerate other view points

thanks and God bless

truetalk my broda, Ghaddafi no dey here.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by PastorKun(m): 8:43am On May 08, 2013
Bidam: That scripture is as clear as noon day, which one be twist again? you anti tithers are the ones twisting the scriptures about tithing..Shikena!!

The day you start practising tithing exactly the way it's instructed in the bible is when I would agree you are not twisting scriptures. Until then you remain a very dis honest twister of the gospel and a thief as Femi Aribisala labelled you rogues.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Image123(m): 9:24am On May 08, 2013
Goshen360:

grin grin grin So this is where tithe\tithing was instructed in the NT right? I will deal with these scriptures as I have done in the past exposing the lies of men.
goshen stop this hypocrisy, you have quoted Galatians1:8 and Hebrew 10 here to attack the tithe teaching, nobody complained. You even gave it a pet name, "spiritual pointer"(whatever on earth that means).
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Pearl27(f): 9:26am On May 08, 2013
For u 2 call pastors thieves u re an infidel,because u re nt suppose 2 talk wrongly abt any pastor even if hes nt a true man of God,so far hes associated wit God,or u didnt read dat in ur bible,u re stingy 2 ursef nd even 2 God so u find a way 2 jstify ursef nd some blind bats re supportin u,re u in position 2 judge anyone,ve a rethink b4 u post any absurd topic because u re misleading d new converts nd causin havoc in christiandom,2 u readers watch wat u believe,read ur bible nd digest it,its ur watchword.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by gabbrri(m): 10:40am On May 08, 2013
Agreed
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by mko2005: 11:15am On May 08, 2013
Goshen360:

Okay, no wahala my brother. If I have time tomorrow, I will respond to you and we take it gradually; one after the other. You're not doing anything to be blessed, you're already blessed in Christ. Stay blessed.
@ Goshen good morning ! Like i promised yesterday,i said i will be back today as the spirit leads. Thanks be to God Almighty !
Coming to the question u asked concerning who receives tithes as per the dictates of the holy scriptures, i will say we should look at the book of Malachi which was used by Femi Aribisala to call pastors who talk about tithing in the house of God as thieves ! Malachi 3:10 says that God said '' Bring in all the tithes into the store house that there may be plenty in my house...'' From this quote,i can confidently tell you that 'this' very tithe must be for the house of God ! So,this tithe is paid to the house of God !
Does the above answer your question ?
God help us
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by DrummaBoy(m): 12:11pm On May 08, 2013
I woke up in the midnight and I was depressed. The posts from the likes of Luluosas and the rest, that those who do not tithe will go to hell was getting to me and casting me in great doubt about my decision to stop tithing. I believe God reached me through Jesus words in Matthew 24 where he stated in the beginning of his discuss that we should not be deceived for MANY will come in my name and even claim to be Christ. That was the key for me. These revelations saying Jesus said those who don't tithe will go to hell are demonic manifestations only out to deceive. That is why their proponents do not sit down to do any sound biblical analysis the way Goshen and the likes of Ihednobi and Bidam do. They trust in their revelation but these revelations only reveal another Jesus.

Then I saw Paul admonision to the Galatians in 3:1, O foolish (Drummaboy) who has bewitched you; (was it not) before you Christ was clearly shown crucified. My grief this morning was a result of bewitching.

And to further assure me, from my phone, I read those long post from Chinedu202000. I read every word and they were a great source of encouragement.

I have laid my hand on the plow and there is no going back; tithing is not a NT injuction. May God grant that I grow in the grace of giving, while I leave tithe to the Judaizers. God's sure word of prophecy, the bible, is sufficient for me.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by brilapluz(m): 12:25pm On May 08, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Of course, "tithes" were not mentioned. I was particularly interested in who received material benefits of all sorts from the children of God. But if you want particular treatment of tithes, we'll have to start from what tithes are, wouldn't we? I think that's more involving than the question I was answering and I'm sure it's been treated myriad times on as many threads.

However, tithes tended to form the wages of the priesthood and the Levites under the Old Covenant, am I correct? Well, under the New, those who minister spiritually to the others are entitled to wages which they can waive or insist upon. Paul waived his wages from the Corinthians but received them from other churches, see 2 Corinthians 11:8. You'll see that that verse dovetails with the passage in 1 Corinthians 9 that I provided earlier.

smiley
lol..i stil believe U havent answered d question..wat verse and wat chapter did paul 'explicitly' say dat in d new order of tins,dat it is d ministers dat receive tithes instead of d levites whose temple has been abolished..mind u,am not against support of ministers of d gospel..pls do not assume or tink dat support translate 2 tithes..
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by mko2005: 12:31pm On May 08, 2013
DrummaBoy: I woke up in the midnight and I was depressed. The posts from the likes of Luluosas and the rest, that those who do not tithe will go to hell was getting to me and casting me in great doubt about my decision to stop tithing. I believe God reached me through Jesus words in Matthew 24 where he stated in the beginning of his discuss that we should not be deceived for MANY will come in my name and even claim to be Christ. That was the key for me. These revelations saying Jesus said those who don't tithe will go to hell are demonic manifestations only out to deceive. That is why their proponents do not sit down to do any sound biblical analysis the way Goshen and the likes of Ihednobi and Bidam do. They trust in their revelation but these revelations only reveal another Jesus.

Then I saw Paul admonision to the Galatians in 3:1, O foolish (Drummaboy) who has bewitched you; (was it not) before you Christ was clearly shown crucified. My grief this morning was a result of bewitching.

And to further assure me, from my phone, I read those long post from Chinedu202000. I read every word and they were a great source of encouragement.

I have laid my hand on the plow and there is no going back; tithing is not a NT injuction. May God grant that I grow in the grace of giving, while I leave tithe to the Judaizers. God's sure word of prophecy, the bible, is sufficient for me.
The question u should have asked yourself long before now should be ; 'why do i pay my tithe ?'
If u can answer the above question then it will help in your decision !
Good luck in your new found stands !
God help us
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by brilapluz(m): 12:32pm On May 08, 2013
Bidam: we don talk am tire for other threads bro..but they are stiff necked using the words of Obadiah..dem go still come up with another argument to justify their stance. wait and see.
U r wrong my broda..stop assuming...support can neva b translated 2 tithes..how does dat verse make sense 2 U..support is free-will giving,tithes r obligatory and belonged 2 d old order of tins(by fire by force..lol)..!
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 08, 2013
brilapluz:
lol..i stil believe U havent answered d question..wat verse and wat chapter did paul 'explicitly' say dat in d new order of tins,dat it is d ministers dat receive tithes instead of d levites whose temple has been abolished..mind u,am not against support of ministers of d gospel..pls do not assume or tink dat support translate 2 tithes..

Let me understand you, bro. You're asking me to produce Scriptures that say exactly that "those who minister spiritually to the saints under the New Covenant are now the ones to receive the tithes of the Lord's House instead of the Levites who did under the Old Covenant", right? You want those exact words, not words that can be interpreted to mean that, but words that say that exactly, am I right?
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by brilapluz(m): 12:39pm On May 08, 2013
Lenny5000: The real problem here is not whether most people know or believe the Bible instructed Christians to tithe.. but rather most Christians today are afraid of their Pastors, Most Christians tends to worship their Pastors.. So even if you back up your points with Biblical references, as long as their Pastors are not in support they wont give it up. Their pastors are their life line, period! Until Christians put their faith in GOD rather than their pastors, they will continue to suffer and receive abuse.. While they starve and give away their last kobo, their Pastors will be living like Kings and Presidents! A true Christian would only be concerned with What Christ Did! How Christ would have acted in a certain situation, but then Christ is not real to these people, their pastors are
absolutely true..thumbs up my broda
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Updatenewsarena(m): 12:41pm On May 08, 2013
What I know is that you are not concerned about how the pastors spend the TITHES but it is a MUST for everybody to pay.
Go and Joshua and also Mal. 3:1-12 and see what bible has to say about tithes and offerings.
IT IS A MUST.
THANKS
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 08, 2013
DrummaBoy: I woke up in the midnight and I was depressed. The posts from the likes of Luluosas and the rest, that those who do not tithe will go to hell was getting to me and casting me in great doubt about my decision to stop tithing. I believe God reached me through Jesus words in Matthew 24 where he stated in the beginning of his discuss that we should not be deceived for MANY will come in my name and even claim to be Christ. That was the key for me. These revelations saying Jesus said those who don't tithe will go to hell are demonic manifestations only out to deceive. That is why their proponents do not sit down to do any sound biblical analysis the way Goshen and the likes of Ihednobi and Bidam do. They trust in their revelation but these revelations only reveal another Jesus.

Our walk with the Lord is a journey, my brother.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by PastorKun(m): 12:43pm On May 08, 2013
m.k.o2005:

The question u should have asked yourself long before now should be ; 'why do i pay my tithe ?'
God help us

@Bolded
There is no biblical or christian reason why he or any christian at all should tithe other than the man made reasons made up by twisting scriptures to justify the greed for money by some preachers.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by brilapluz(m): 12:48pm On May 08, 2013
excellence13:

Case closed, your agenda is to get rich. Whereas Christ wants us to give all we have to the poor and follow him. If I might add, I live in a society where the pensioners drive the best cars, live decently and their churches don't collect tithe.

The gospel of tithing only thrives in Nigeria because people are anxious/fearful of the future. In a country where people work honestly and diligently in their youth, only to live in misery at old age. Hence creating an avenue ,where the preaching of tithing is a form of insurance for future riches.

You deserve to be deceived, if you don't study the word of God diligently. It is not surprising, that in a country where very few homes even have neither toolboxes nor first aid kit, people don't embrace DIY (Do it yourself. We depend on others to interpret the bible for us.

Ever wondered why Christ taught us to ask for daily bread, not monthly, yearly or future bread?
lol..
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by mko2005: 12:51pm On May 08, 2013
brilapluz:
If Jesus Himself after 'LASHING OUT' on the scribes and pharisees for the things they ought to do and did not,did HE(Jesus) not went on to support them to continue tithing ? [b]'YOU SHOULD TITHE YES'[/b]Mathew 23:23 ! Since the bible or Christ Himself never instructed anyone not to tithe rather he 'applauded' the hypocritical scribes and pharisees to continue tithing,i think tithing is not a sin.If it were,Christ would have asked even the teachers of the law to desist from such like he did to them with the case of the Sabbath,the Trinity,the stoning of adulterous women,wining and dining with sinners and so many other cases that are clearly stated in the scriptures. The reason tithing was not mentioned much in the New testament books was becos it was never an issue. Believers paid their tithes. BuT today,'believers does not want to pay anymore becos,may be they think that the pastors or priests are getting fatter and fatter and no longer been referred to as church rat and the enemy (devil)is not happy and using his tricks to make people rebel the words of God ! But there is nothing we can do about it becos wether we pay or do not pay,the true teachers of the word of God can not go hungry and the gospel will continue to circulate untill the comming of our lord Jesus Christ.
Can any anti tither show me where Christ or any of the apostles say we shouldn't tithe anymore ? Remember i have shown us that even Jesus himself supported the people that paid their tithes !
God help us
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by brilapluz(m): 12:53pm On May 08, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Let me understand you, bro. You're asking me to produce Scriptures that say exactly that "those who minister spiritually to the saints under the New Covenant are now the ones to receive the tithes of the Lord's House instead of the Levites who did under the Old Covenant", right? You want those exact words, not words that can be interpreted to mean that, but words that say that exactly, am I right?
yes sir and dis must b 4rm d new order of tins..specific pls 4rm d grace-based scriptures not d law of moses(levites)..hope U get my drift? Tanx and God bless U!
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by mko2005: 12:54pm On May 08, 2013
Pastor Kun:

@Bolded
There is no biblical or christian reason why he or any christian at all should tithe other than the man made reasons made up by twisting scriptures to justify the greed for money by some preachers.
'Pastor' kun good afternoon to you !
Can you tell me of any part of the bible that said we shouldn't pay tithe ?
One after the other 'pastor'kun ! I know ur kind sir ! so let us take it slow and steady.
God help us
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by PastorKun(m): 1:08pm On May 08, 2013
m.k.o2005:

One after the other 'pastor'kun ! I know ur kind sir ! so let us take it slow and steady.
God help us

You are the one making bogus claims that christians are instructed to tithe biblically so the onus is on you to show us from scriptures clear instructions to tithe and also clear instructions the tithe should be of money from regular income as I am yet to see any such instruction or even example in the bible. That is apart from the fact that as we have already shown you in the past tithing was brought to an end in hebrew 7 and described as a weak, useless and unprofitable law. tongue that aside my username is pastor kun and NOT 'pastor' kun.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 08, 2013
brilapluz:
yes sir and dis must b 4rm d new order of tins..specific pls 4rm d grace-based scriptures not d law of moses(levites)..hope U get my drift? Tanx and God bless U!

Ok then. I agree that I will do so...but under one condition: that you show me Scriptures that say exactly not implicitly that tithes have been abolished and that they are not to be given to those who minister to us in spiritual things.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by DrummaBoy(m): 1:14pm On May 08, 2013
m.k.o2005:

God help us

To say the truth, 15yrs ago when I came to Christ and this brother I used to play Chess with got wind of the fact that I was saved, took me aside and explained that there were a no. of things I should now begin to do. He listed them and tithe was one of them. I obeyed bc he said it, not bc I saw it in scriptures or bc anyone taught me. Months later I read a literature that encouraged me to continue. The church I attended: it was a no go area; you either tithe or you are excommunicated (something of that nature).

However the more I read Paul words and understod the gospel of grace, the more I questioned the tithe but never had the courage to stop. Until... I took the bold step two month ago.

Is there a reason to tithe? The answer is NO. The only reason to tithe include the following

1. If the NT can show that Pastors, etc, are an ordained preisthood, that do not possess lands, etc, and must be supported by the Church, same way the levites where.
2. If we can show that the tithe that God demands is raw money and not crops and animals
3. If we can show that though the Mosaic laws are abolished, the issue of tithing have been re-enacted with our own peculiar dispensation
4. If we can find one single scripture in the NT that teaches directly or even indirectly that the NT believer must tithe
5. If tithing can be said to be not obligatory, nor is it compulsory, the kind of giving that Paul encouraged in 2 corinthians

Now my question to you is this: We have a forum, a religion forum, that is replete with atheist; many of whom have morbid hatred for Christianity. If by the grace of God one of them comes to faith in Christ. What will you tell him to do, to continue in God and to grow in grace into Maturity? Will you encourage them to begin to tithe and tell him that if he does not tithe he will go to hell?(Now that line sounds a lot like the Judaizers who, in Acts 15, wanted the gentiles to be circumcized to be truly saved. Thank God Paul resisted them, and we would continue to resist modern day Judaizers also)

4 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 08, 2013
m.k.o2005:

God help us

Very interesting that you said this while I typed up my own post. The Spirit is one indeed. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Pastor Sam Adeyemi Takes His Wife Out, Enjoys Jet Ski Ride With Her / T.B Joshua "Predicted Crash Of Russian Plane"(watch Video) / Frank Edwards And Don Moen In The Studio - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.