Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,098 members, 7,845,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief (39984 Views)

Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala / Pastor Who Goes About Preaching Unclad / What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by farem: 5:07pm On May 07, 2013
The Church is indeed under siege-the gates of Hell! When many world billionaires are devoting their billions of dollars to spread satanism, it is their money and intelligence at work, BUT when christians give tithes and other offerings, they are mugus.
The great and last revival that MUST happen require real money (charlatan pastors excepted) and Satan would do ANYTHING using some few who will SELL his ideas to other gullibles to help stop giving for this end-time revival. HAVE YOU EVER CONSIDERED ANY IMMORAL and SATANIC POLICY THAT WILL NOT REQUIRE REAL MONEY TO SUCCEED? Do you know all these financiers behind such satanic program? Many have given up and are still working to gather more wealth to the course of gayism, abortion etc yet they are considered smart.
The CHURCH is marching forward and the gates of hell-fake pastors, chalartans, giving discouragers, anti-christ with his satanists and et all will not prevail against Her Amen!
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by mko2005: 5:27pm On May 07, 2013
Goshen360:

Let's do the teaching one after the other. Okay, I will answer your question but you must answer mine thereafter.

Tithing in the law of Moses is a type and shadow of Christian giving. In the Old, it was a way of sharing and giving but because it was a law dispensation, it must be fixed, stipulated to legal percentage and then must be adhere strictly to. It foreshadowed the ministry of New Testament concerning giving and receiving. Why then must I tithe? Because the law of Moses commanded such for the law dispensation but Grace does not based sharing\receiving on legalistic\fixed percentage.

Now, back to my question - Who are those to receive tithe today in the Church age?
Thanks for ur contribution Goshen.
There were laws dropped or should i say clearly explained by Christ in the dispensation of Grace (New covenant) like the tit for tat,un-forgiveness like stoning to death of those caught in adulterous acts just to mention a few.But there were some other that Christ never said anything concerning becos they can pass for both the law and grace dispensation i.e thou shall not kill,thou shall not commit adultery,thou shall not serve any other God other than the creator of the heavens and the earth just to mention but a few,u will agree with me that in the old dispensation a woman caught in the act of adultery MUST be stone to death but in the grace dispensation,she MUST be forgiven. You will also agree with me that in the old dispensation adultery is forbidden.So is it forbidden in the grace dispensation but the difference now is forgiveness ! That is how it is with tithing ! How do i know this ? No one was ever condemned for tithing as was the case with other laws of burnt offering,tit for tat,stoning to death and the likes rather people who weren't tithing properly were admonished on the proper way to tithe-Mathew 23:23 'YOU SHOULD TITHE YES' Tithing alongside doing the other needful, i.e Justice,mercy and faith ! So tithing is a law of the old dispensation that is applicable in the new dispensation of Grace as we have thou shall not steal and thou shall not commit murder in the old testament and also in the new testament so do we have the covenant of tithing in the dispensation of grace !
Now see the difference in both dispensations: If you go against any of those laws back in the law dispensation,you will pay the price instantly but the grace dispensation can speak for you even if you fail to obey the laws(thou shall not murder,steal etc)or the covenant of tithe paying where people aren't faithful to it and the grace is also there to speak for them.
Now concerning why i pay my tithe:-God said in Malachi 3:10 that if i bring in my tithes and offerings,that there will be plenty in God's store house ! I tithe not becos i am under a law but becos i love God and want HIS work to be moved farther than where it is today. I want plenty to be in the ouse of God where widows can run to for help,where the less privileged can be privileged to have more than enough and where those who work in God's vine yard can live in plenty and not like the way of the old phrase 'church rat' ! Now if the pastors fail to properly utilize this tithe of mine,it is left for God to ask them becos i gave to God and not the pastor !
God help us all
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by mko2005: 5:28pm On May 07, 2013
hopedavid: Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. If you are truly led by God's spirit, you do anything you do including and especially 'giving' with freedom. No pastor or MOG should pressurise you. I believe in tithing not because I have to but I freely love to. As for the pastors who use it to enrich themselves, the last time I checked, God is still God and He is the Judge not you. The Truth will be revealed one day and so will judgement. What matters most is your personal relationship with this God.
God bless u

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by mko2005: 5:31pm On May 07, 2013
farem: The Church is indeed under siege-the gates of Hell! When many world billionaires are devoting their billions of dollars to spread satanism, it is their money and intelligence at work, BUT when christians give tithes and other offerings, they are mugus.
The great and last revival that MUST happen require real money (charlatan pastors excepted) and Satan would do ANYTHING using some few who will SELL his ideas to other gullibles to help stop giving for this end-time revival. HAVE YOU EVER CONSIDERED ANY IMMORAL and SATANIC POLICY THAT WILL NOT REQUIRE REAL MONEY TO SUCCEED? Do you know all these financiers behind such satanic program? Many have given up and are still working to gather more wealth to the course of gayism, abortion etc yet they are considered smart.
The CHURCH is marching forward and the gates of hell-fake pastors, chalartans, giving discouragers, anti-christ with his satanists and et all will not prevail against Her Amen!
I don't know who you are but i pray that God will bless you heavily in Jesus name...
God help us

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by mko2005: 5:33pm On May 07, 2013
@Goshen,my time is up with nairaland for today.Will continue tomorow as the spirit leads ! Trust u will find my contributions so far inspiring. God bless u
God help us
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Goshen360(m): 5:33pm On May 07, 2013
@ m.k.o2005,

I have read what you wrote but it still doesn't answer my simple and clear question. Very simple, from the word of God, who are those commanded to receive tithe TODAY....under the Church or Christian age\Grace dispensation?

3 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Goshen360(m): 5:35pm On May 07, 2013
m.k.o2005:
@Goshen,my time is up with nairaland for today.Will continue tomorow as the spirit leads ! Trust u will find my contributions so far inspiring. God bless u
God help us

Okay, no wahala my brother. If I have time tomorrow, I will respond to you and we take it gradually; one after the other. You're not doing anything to be blessed, you're already blessed in Christ. Stay blessed.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by luluosas(m): 5:36pm On May 07, 2013
If you are a true Christian and you are mindful of going to heaven then, you MUST BE PAYING YOUR TITHES, else, you can never make it. I have told you whether you believe it or not.
So, repent and amend your ways today before it's too late. God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Goshen360(m): 5:38pm On May 07, 2013
luluosas: If you are a true Christian and you are mindful of going to heaven then, you MUST BE PAYING YOUR TITHES, else, you can never make it. I have told you whether you believe it or not.

Where in scriptures does the word says tithe is a criteria to heaven? What kind of gospel is this? angry
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by blendz4real(m): 5:49pm On May 07, 2013
asudan:
may God forgive your ignorance as it is not all pastors that depend on tithe or offerings for survival.

Kai! Ur head dy lost? Dat 1% reps d few dat wud do witout tithes.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by PastorKun(m): 5:51pm On May 07, 2013
Goshen360:

Where in scriptures does the word says tithe is a criteria to heaven? What kind of gospel is this? angry

It's called gospel of the belly grin
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 07, 2013
If u don't pay ur tithe, it may cause financial stuntedness...but hell... I think not... undecided
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 07, 2013
Goshen360: @ m.k.o2005,

I have read what you wrote but it still doesn't answer my simple and clear question. Very simple, from the word of God, who are those commanded to receive tithe TODAY....under the Church or Christian age\Grace dispensation?

Tithes, collections, material blessings from the brethren go to those who labor spiritually for the others.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by PastorKun(m): 6:11pm On May 07, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Tithes, collections, material blessings from the brethren go to those who labor spiritually for the others.

Can you quote specific scriptures to back these assertions?
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by slyk2(m): 6:14pm On May 07, 2013
Interesting topic!
This calls for digging the bible deeper.
I don't think this mans submissions should be swept aside.
This is same with our being taught in school and church that 3 wise men visited Jesus at birth. But its a lie - Matt 2v1
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by farem: 6:36pm On May 07, 2013
tellwisdom: I hate the way most pastors are going about this time ish. They almost strangle you to collect this money angry
tellwisdom: [color=#000099]I hate the way most pastors are going about this time ish. They almost strangle you to collect this money angry
[/color][quote author=tellwisdom][size=11pt][color=#000099]
Like coming to your house? Or ordering your arrest? Pointing gun into your head?
Those who dont understand, who never pay, who dont have personal contact with the Lord, but with their 'church' and pastors are the ones complaining. YOU CANT BE REAL GIVERs IN THE CHURCH AND COMPLAIN. MOST OF THE COMPLAINERS NEVER ARE THOSE WHO APPEAR BIG IN THE AT CHURCH BUT ALWAYs TUCK MISERABLE DENOMINATION IN THE ENVELOPE.THEY REALLY GIVE ONLY WHEN THEY KNOW THE AMOUNT WILL BE A PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE. I pay tithes I dont complain and other payers are not complaining. I am a Sheepie, let the goaties keep their money.

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Goshen360(m): 6:40pm On May 07, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Exactly, do you have scriptures for your statement ^ above?

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by peteregwu(m): 7:05pm On May 07, 2013
m.k.o2005:

You do not have to google anyman to know wether you are right by paying tithe ! The bible is the standard but if you fail to comprehend,then leave it that way ! I do not think that God will send anyone to hell for paying tithe and no one goes to heaven for paying of tithe.
Japans,korea,china,india and the rest you mentioned above,if they do not know Christ,what you think is success might not be after all ! Study ur bible friend that is if you are a christian ! A Christian is blessed and the manifestation of his blessings can also be seen or expressed via material wealth but material wealth is not a criterion for measuring the presence of God in one's life !
God help us all

you said u dont think that God send someone to hell because of non payment of tithe. is the word of God now by thinking or guessjng? hmmm....my brother u are very wrong. if God calls someone a thief for not paying tithe, dont you know that such a person will end up in hell if he or she does not make amend mow. canba theif enter heaven. imagine God of heaven and the earth calling someone a theif, and u still such a person will enter without repentance.
"Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. [9] Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. [10] Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it . [11] And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts." Malachi 3:8-11 KJV.

u dont just understand this issue of tithe right? tithe payment keeps the church from total bankruptcy. that is why d Lord says we should pay tithe. the prophecies is being fulfilled today. people are beginning to doubt the word of God, just like what the aposles prophecies. today they now say gay marriage is right in the sight of God. they are now holding the truth in unrighteousness. they have falsified the word of God. they have turned it into lie because of their unbelief. "blessed are those that read and do(keep) the words of this prophecy(bible).

Jesus never "came to fulfill the law and not destroy it."
"in the volume of the book i come to do thy will oh God."

you dont believe that is why many are doubting.

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by peteregwu(m): 7:25pm On May 07, 2013
IF GOD IS CALLING SOMEONE A THIEF AND A ROBBER FOR NOT PAYING TITHE. WE SHOULD JUST BE AFRAID ANDBMAKE AMEND. THAT IS IF U HAV NOT BEEN PAYING TITHE. WE NEED TO DO IT SO THAT THE HOUSE OF THE LORD WIKK NOT NOT LACK MONEY. THATS TE ESSENCE OF PAYING TITHE.

IMAGINE GOD HIMSELF SAYING THAT SOMEONE IS A THIEF. HMMM...IT IS A SERIOUS MATTER. PAYING OF TITHE IS A COMMANDMENT.
IT IS PART OF GODS RIGHTEOUSNES AND THE BIBLE SAYS, "IT IS TO FULFIL ALL RIGHTEOUS."

NOT PAYING TITHE IS A SIN ALSO AND MUST NOT BE JOKED WITH. THE BIBLE SAYS A THIEF CAN NOT ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

NOW THE REASON MANY ARE DOUBTING IS BECAUSE THE FEAR OF GOD HAS GONE OUT OF THEM AND THEY HAV STOPPED BELIEVING THE WORD OF GOD. THEY ARE NOW BIGGER THAN GOD TO QUESTION THE AUTHENTICITY OF HIS WORD. "MANY WILL DEVIATE FROM THE FAITH, THEY WILL HAVE ITCHING EARS. AND WILL CHOSE TO THEMSELVES TEACHERS." THE TRUTH IS NOW NOTHING THEM. THEY ARE NOW TIRED OF HEARING JESUS IS COMING.

JST BECAUSE AN UNBELIVER HAVE GIVING HIS OWN INTERPRETATION OF THE WORD OF GOD, U HAVE NOW DECIDED TO FOLLOW HIS TEACHING. THE BIBLE SAYS, "IF CARE IS NOT TAKING EVEN THE VERY ELECT WILL BE DECIEVED." IS IT NOT HAPPENING NOW. AFTER ALL, THE WORLD CLAIMED THAT BIBLE SUPPORTS GAY MARRIAGE BY THEIR OWN INTERPRETATION. WHERE AS THE BIBLE CONDEMNS IT. BEWARE FRIENDS!
"HE THAT IS JUST, LET HIM BE JUST STILL. HIM THAT IS UNJUST LET HIM BE UNJST STILL. HIM THAT HOLY, LET HIM BE HOLY STILL. HIM THAT IS FILTHY, LET HIM BE FILTHY STILL."

"BLESSED ARE THEY THAT READ AND KEEP THE PROPHECY OF THIS BOOK(BIBLE)."

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by DrummaBoy(m): 7:41pm On May 07, 2013
Biblical facts about the tithe:

1. The tithe was never money in both OT and NT. And money had been a means of exchange even before Abraham. So tithing an income, cash, has no biblical basis.

2. Abraham tithed pre-law; so also did he circumcise on the Eight day pre-law. But Paul condemned the latter as a NT practise, so we can assume the same goes for tithe.

3. Tithing as practised today follow Mosaic law but there were two other types of tithing. Why are we to practise just one now.

4. Jesus referral to the tithe in Matthew 23:23 was directed to the pahrisees, the Jews.

5. Jesus lived and died under the law; he approved the tithe then bc he came to fulfill all righteousness.

6. Paul or any other apostle never mentioned tithing as a NT practise though they encouraged giving.

7. NT giving by grace demands 100% and not 10%. We are called to grow in the grace of giving and not to be fixed on a legalistic 10%.

4 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by DrummaBoy(m): 8:01pm On May 07, 2013
For those who criticize Aribisala, remember that even Jesus said religious leaders of his day had turned God's house to a den of thieves. These men, Jesus said, loved money, and twisted scripture to take advantage of the people, saying they need not support their parent but simply bring the money to the temple (see Matthew 23).

Can we confidently say that our religious leaders are any different? Do men's nature change over time? They Loved money then, they love it even more now. If he referred to them as thieves then, could it be that he is still calling them thieves still via the writing of Aribisala?

While we are at it, I invite you to peruse this web page on the tithe matter: www.tithing101.com

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by chelseabmw(m): 8:09pm On May 07, 2013
grin grin grin grin
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by persop2: 8:42pm On May 07, 2013
I believe tithing is a condition set by God 2 test believers on dia obedient 2 God's finacial plan F dia life. Cuz God clearly stated dt He will rebuke d devouer 4 ur sake upon dose who re willing 2 obey His word. So,wen u tithe,u're neva doin dt 2 pastors.bt fulfillin God's word. So irrespective of ur tribe weda a jew or greek, God's words hv no barrier. Lets contd in our well doin,4 we shall reap if we faint not.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:45pm On May 07, 2013
THANX GODS I AM PAGAN! I DONT HAVE TO BRIBE SOMEONE TO WORHSHIP THE HIGHER POWERS!
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by peteregwu(m): 8:46pm On May 07, 2013
When Satan has undermined faith in the bible, he direct men to other sources (unbeliever like femi aribisala) for light and power. Thus he insinuates himself. Those who turn from the plain teaching of the scripture and the convincing power of the God's Holy Spirit are inviting the control of demons. Criticism and speculation concerning the scriptures have open way for spiritism and those modernised forms of ancient heathens - to gain a foothold even in the professed churches our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Valto(m): 8:51pm On May 07, 2013
nairacountry: For his part, Jacob also tithed only once. He
did this in a “let’s make a deal” arrangement
he offered to God: “Jacob made a vow,
saying, ‘If God will be with me, and keep me
in this way that I am going, and give me
bread to eat and clothing to put on, so that I
come back to my father’s house in peace,
then the LORD shall be my God. And this
stone which I have set as a pillar shall be
God’s house, and of all that you give me I will
surely give a tenth to you.’” (Genesis
28:20-22). This kind of deal about accepting
God only under certain self-serving
conditions should certainly not be a term of
reference for any serious believer.

If Jacob made "a deal" n was so Blessed as a result, I wanna make such deal often in my entire life wit my TITHE & offering.
Paying 10% of my income isn't a big deal; d 100% comes from Him in d 1st place. So its just lyk using 10% to collect 100%. Me think its a fair deal.
Lastly, ur present condition of cash-strain, falling victim of 419,spending money on project witout equittable result are results of ur doubt on d genuineness of God's blessings on paying tithe.
u are totally brainwashed! so tithe payers never experience any diffculties .. if u like dash all ur income to ur pastor in the name of tithe, it wouldnt save u from all u listed above. how come many tithe payers are still very poor. God is not a money doubler. if God bless u, not tithing will not hinder u. forget about devourer that ur MOG uses to scare u guys. nothing will happen if dont pay!! millions of people dont pay, yet they are more successful than u!
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by ofega: 9:00pm On May 07, 2013
stormm: Every pastor who collects tithes is nothing but “a thief and a robber.”

As far as many pastors are concerned, the most important scripture of all is not to be found in the word of Jesus. Neither is it even in the New Testament. That scripture says: “‘Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house, and try me now in this,’ says the LORD of hosts, ‘If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it.’” (Malachi 3:10).

This scripture is drummed repeatedly into Christians on Sundays. However, the only time Jesus mentioned tithing in scripture, he pointed out that it was not a weighty matter of the law. (Matthew 23:23). Hebrews says people only receive tithes “according to the law.” (Hebrews 7:5). It then insists tithing (and everything else under the law) has been annulled: “The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless.” (Hebrews 7:18-19). Nevertheless, mercenary pastors continue to insist on the payment of tithes.

Latter-day Pharisees

Jesus rebuked the Pharisees for keeping part instead of the whole law. (Matthew 23:23). That is what tithe-collecting pastors do today. If we insist our congregants must pay tithes, we must also insist that they keep the rest of the law. James says: “Whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.” (James 2:10). Therefore, if we insist on tithing, we should also refrain from eating pork. We should stone adulterers, execute homosexuals, kill Sabbath violators and restore blood-sacrifices.

Tithe-collecting pastors counter this by maintaining the payment of tithes pre-dated the law. Here Abraham is cited as the cardinal example of someone who paid tithes before the promulgation of the Law of Moses, as did Jacob, his grandson. However, such arguments are disingenuous.

Before the law, tithing was at best an example but not a commandment. Moreover, pastors fail to mention that Abraham only tithed once in his lifetime. When he did, he did not even tithe his own money: he tithed the spoils of war. He gave ten percent of the plunder he took when he rescued Lot to Melchisedec, king of Salem. But then he did not even keep the rest but returned it (all ninety percent) to the king of Sodom.

For his part, Jacob also tithed only once. He did this in a “let’s make a deal” arrangement he offered to God: “Jacob made a vow, saying, ‘If God will be with me, and keep me in this way that I am going, and give me bread to eat and clothing to put on, so that I come back to my father’s house in peace, then the LORD shall be my God. And this stone which I have set as a pillar shall be God’s house, and of all that you give me I will surely give a tenth to you.’” (Genesis 28:20-22). This kind of deal about accepting God only under certain self-serving conditions should certainly not be a term of reference for any serious believer.

Lies upon lies

The first lie pastors tell Christians is what some have referred to as “the eleventh commandment:” “Thou shalt pay thy tithes to thy local church.” But the bible says no such thing. The storehouse of Malachi was not a church. It was a place where food was kept.

Pastors hide from church-members the fact that money was not acceptable as tithe. The tithe was a tenth of the seed and fruit of the land and of the animals which ate of the land. (Leviticus 27:30-32). That is why God says: “Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be FOOD in my house.” (Malachi 3:10). He does not say “that there may be MONEY in my house.” The food was used to feed the Levites, the poor, widows, orphans and strangers.

Pastors also conveniently fail to teach the biblical tithe. The principles of tithing were not laid down by Malachi. They were laid down by Moses. The study of Moses’ guidelines quickly reveals that the biblical tithe has no application whatsoever to Christians and is mischievously violated by tithe-collecting pastors today.

According to the Law of Moses, the tithe was divided into three allocations. The first year, it was given to the Levite. The second year, it was given to widows, orphans and the poor. The third year, it was eaten in the company of the faithful before the Lord as thanksgiving for his faithfulness. (Deuteronomy 14:22-28). In the seventh year, there was no planting and no reaping and therefore no tithing.

So the next time your pastor asks you to pay tithe, ask him about the seventh-year reprieve. Also ask him if you can give your tithe to the orphanage, or bring it as food items to be eaten in church. Believe me; he will not agree with you because it is your money he is after.

Inapplicability of tithes

Tithing was only applicable to Jews and to the land of Israel. When large populations of Jews lived in Babylon, Ammon, Moab, Egypt, and Syria, these lands became tithe-able lands. However, tithes were not acceptable from strictly Gentile lands. So you need to ask your pastor how come he is collecting tithes in Nigeria.

Servants or slaves who worked on the land did not tithe because the land did not belong to them. Since only agricultural and animal resources were included, a fisherman gave no tithe of his fisheries. Neither did a miner or a carpenter pay tithes, nor anyone from the various professional occupations. So if you are not a farmer or a keeper of livestock, tell your 419 pastor tithing is biblically inapplicable to you.

Moreover, the only people authorised to receive tithes were the Levites. (Hebrews 7:5). So if your Pastor is a “tithe-collector,” ask him if he happens to be a Jew. Remind him that, even though a Jew, Jesus could not receive the tithe because he was not from the tribe of Levi but from that of Judah.

The trick, of course, is for pastors today to claim we are “Levites.” If your pastor is one such dissembler, ask him if he lives as a Levite. Remind him that Levites had no land and did not have private property. Ask him also how he knows he is from the tribe of Levi, which happens to be one of the lost tribes of Israel. Point out to him that even Jewish rabbis don’t claim to be Levites today because all Jewish genealogical records were lost with the destruction of the Temple in AD 70, ensuring that it is no longer possible to ascertain the true identity of Levites.

Therefore, if Jews no longer tithe because the Levites are a lost tribe, how can Christian pastors collect tithes when we are not even Jewish, how much more Levites? If Jewish rabbis, whose terms of reference remain the Old Testament no longer collect tithes, then pastors who insist Christians are under a New Testament have no business doing so.

The conclusion then is inescapable. Every pastor who collects tithes is nothing but “a thief and a robber.” (John 10:1).

Every pastor who collects tithes is nothing but “a thief and a robber.”

As far as many pastors are concerned, the most important scripture of all is not to be found in the word of Jesus. Neither is it even in the New Testament. That scripture says: “‘Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house, and try me now in this,’ says the LORD of hosts, ‘If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it.’” (Malachi 3:10).

This scripture is drummed repeatedly into Christians on Sundays. However, the only time Jesus mentioned tithing in scripture, he pointed out that it was not a weighty matter of the law. (Matthew 23:23). Hebrews says people only receive tithes “according to the law.” (Hebrews 7:5). It then insists tithing (and everything else under the law) has been annulled: “The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless.” (Hebrews 7:18-19). Nevertheless, mercenary pastors continue to insist on the payment of tithes.

Latter-day Pharisees

Jesus rebuked the Pharisees for keeping part instead of the whole law. (Matthew 23:23). That is what tithe-collecting pastors do today. If we insist our congregants must pay tithes, we must also insist that they keep the rest of the law. James says: “Whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.” (James 2:10). Therefore, if we insist on tithing, we should also refrain from eating pork. We should stone adulterers, execute homosexuals, kill Sabbath violators and restore blood-sacrifices.

Tithe-collecting pastors counter this by maintaining the payment of tithes pre-dated the law. Here Abraham is cited as the cardinal example of someone who paid tithes before the promulgation of the Law of Moses, as did Jacob, his grandson. However, such arguments are disingenuous.

Before the law, tithing was at best an example but not a commandment. Moreover, pastors fail to mention that Abraham only tithed once in his lifetime. When he did, he did not even tithe his own money: he tithed the spoils of war. He gave ten percent of the plunder he took when he rescued Lot to Melchisedec, king of Salem. But then he did not even keep the rest but returned it (all ninety percent) to the king of Sodom.

For his part, Jacob also tithed only once. He did this in a “let’s make a deal” arrangement he offered to God: “Jacob made a vow, saying, ‘If God will be with me, and keep me in this way that I am going, and give me bread to eat and clothing to put on, so that I come back to my father’s house in peace, then the LORD shall be my God. And this stone which I have set as a pillar shall be God’s house, and of all that you give me I will surely give a tenth to you.’” (Genesis 28:20-22). This kind of deal about accepting God only under certain self-serving conditions should certainly not be a term of reference for any serious believer.

Lies upon lies

The first lie pastors tell Christians is what some have referred to as “the eleventh commandment:” “Thou shalt pay thy tithes to thy local church.” But the bible says no such thing. The storehouse of Malachi was not a church. It was a place where food was kept.

Pastors hide from church-members the fact that money was not acceptable as tithe. The tithe was a tenth of the seed and fruit of the land and of the animals which ate of the land. (Leviticus 27:30-32). That is why God says: “Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be FOOD in my house.” (Malachi 3:10). He does not say “that there may be MONEY in my house.” The food was used to feed the Levites, the poor, widows, orphans and strangers.

Pastors also conveniently fail to teach the biblical tithe. The principles of tithing were not laid down by Malachi. They were laid down by Moses. The study of Moses’ guidelines quickly reveals that the biblical tithe has no application whatsoever to Christians and is mischievously violated by tithe-collecting pastors today.

According to the Law of Moses, the tithe was divided into three allocations. The first year, it was given to the Levite. The second year, it was given to widows, orphans and the poor. The third year, it was eaten in the company of the faithful before the Lord as thanksgiving for his faithfulness. (Deuteronomy 14:22-28). In the seventh year, there was no planting and no reaping and therefore no tithing.

So the next time your pastor asks you to pay tithe, ask him about the seventh-year reprieve. Also ask him if you can give your tithe to the orphanage, or bring it as food items to be eaten in church. Believe me; he will not agree with you because it is your money he is after.

Tithing was only applicable to Jews and to the land of Israel. When large populations of Jews lived in Babylon, Ammon, Moab, Egypt, and Syria, these lands became tithe-able lands. However, tithes were not acceptable from strictly Gentile lands. So you need to ask your pastor how come he is collecting tithes in Nigeria.

Servants or slaves who worked on the land did not tithe because the land did not belong to them. Since only agricultural and animal resources were included, a fisherman gave no tithe of his fisheries. Neither did a miner or a carpenter pay tithes, nor anyone from the various professional occupations. So if you are not a farmer or a keeper of livestock, tell your 419 pastor tithing is biblically inapplicable to you.

Moreover, the only people authorised to receive tithes were the Levites. (Hebrews 7:5). So if your Pastor is a “tithe-collector,” ask him if he happens to be a Jew. Remind him that, even though a Jew, Jesus could not receive the tithe because he was not from the tribe of Levi but from that of Judah.

The trick, of course, is for pastors today to claim we are “Levites.” If your pastor is one such dissembler, ask him if he lives as a Levite. Remind him that Levites had no land and did not have private property. Ask him also how he knows he is from the tribe of Levi, which happens to be one of the lost tribes of Israel. Point out to him that even Jewish rabbis don’t claim to be Levites today because all Jewish genealogical records were lost with the destruction of the Temple in AD 70, ensuring that it is no longer possible to ascertain the true identity of Levites.

Therefore, if Jews no longer tithe because the Levites are a lost tribe, how can Christian pastors collect tithes when we are not even Jewish, how much more Levites? If Jewish rabbis, whose terms of reference remain the Old Testament no longer collect tithes, then pastors who insist Christians are under a New Testament have no business doing so.

The conclusion then is inescapable. Every pastor who collects tithes is nothing but “a thief and a robber.” (John 10:1).

http://news.naij.com/33156.html

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by ofega: 9:01pm On May 07, 2013
stormm: Every pastor who collects tithes is nothing but “a thief and a robber.”

Latter-day Pharisees

Lies upon lies

Every pastor who collects tithes is nothing but “a thief and a robber.”

Latter-day Pharisees

Lies upon lies

http://news.naij.com/33156.html

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by ogeelove(f): 9:14pm On May 07, 2013
luluosas: If you are a true Christian and you are mindful of going to heaven then, you MUST BE PAYING YOUR TITHES, else, you can never make it. I have told you whether you believe it or not.

At ur statement in bold, do u not think if u were to argue ur case using scriptures from the bible DAT it will hold more water?
Is the purpose not to bring people to the true knowledge of GOD's word?
Please explain how u came to this conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Stopercent: 9:22pm On May 07, 2013
Segeggs: The holy spirit is at work.
amen brother. This is just the argument I need to face my wifey.

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by cystem(m): 9:43pm On May 07, 2013
Please ur so shallow minded!!!!!!!
Try reading the Bible yourself & ask God to revile things to u instead of coming here with clueless quotes to miss-lead others
May God hv mercy on you.
Despite am nt a pastor i'll ask U 2 please pray 2 God for Forgiveness for this nonsense you've posted here
Thanks
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Image123(m): 9:49pm On May 07, 2013
Goshen360: @ m.k.o2005,

the ministers, you know the corinthian passage even so i wonder why you are asking. Are you trying to play on people's ignorance/intelligence or what?
God help us(striklymi2).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Pastor Sam Adeyemi Takes His Wife Out, Enjoys Jet Ski Ride With Her / T.B Joshua "Predicted Crash Of Russian Plane"(watch Video) / Frank Edwards And Don Moen In The Studio - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.