Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,828 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) (26417 Views)

Malawi, Congo, Bar South Africans From Entering Their Country / That Side Of ‘dubai’ They Really Dont Want You To SEE (LOOK) / Libya: Ten Things About Gaddafi They Don’t Want You To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 1:14am On May 06, 2013
I hate skyscrappers. Europe is beautiful for the lack of them.

You are posting buildings we want to see serenity.

1 Like

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Kairoseki77: 1:19am On May 06, 2013
eko ilee: Only Eko Atlantic fit give many of these cities a run for their money, too bad its not ready .....

Its just a matter of time....

Do you know when they will put up the first building?
Or, when they will be finished spreading the sand?

It's been YEARS now...
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 1:20am On May 06, 2013
Rossikk:
Not interested. Are you interested in why Abuja was built the way it was?

Strictly your opinion.

Educate me on why Abuja was built the way it's...

Anyway, Washington DC was designed to replicate the holiest city in ancient Egypt... I think Benjamin Banneker(a black man) designed most of DC because of his knowledge about astronomy...
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Rossikk(m): 1:22am On May 06, 2013
Michaeljones36:

It's been YEARS now...

I believe work has already begun on the first building, Eko Pearl:

http://yasnasltd.com/ekopearl.html
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 1:22am On May 06, 2013
OK_2_NV: I hate skyscrappers. Europe is beautiful for the lack of them.

Who told you there are no skyscrapers in Europe?

Have you been to London and Paris, mate? undecided
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 1:23am On May 06, 2013
Michaeljones36:

It's been YEARS now...

they just finished sand filling about a one square kilometer early this year. The monsoon will wash their folly away.

That one is guarrantteed.

Even if they built it over night, it is a relatively small space and is no longer than 2km and about 300m wide.

So much noise over nothing
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Obiagu1(m): 1:23am On May 06, 2013
OK_2_NV: I hate skyscrappers. Europe is beautiful for the lack of them.

1000 likes.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 1:25am On May 06, 2013
Serenity - Manila, Philippines... cool

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 1:27am On May 06, 2013
shymexx:

Who told you there are no skyscrapers in Europe?

Have you been to London and Paris, mate? undecided

Never and hopefully never will. Continental Europe is far beautiful.

Prince Charles hates skyscrappers and has been known to oppose their construction

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-89500/Charless-views-skyscrapers.html

[quote ]Conscious that he was speaking to an audience which might not share his views on architecture, the Prince said: 'I can only assume that, like a bottle of HP sauce, I am to be used as a means of adding a bit of piquancy to the menu.
'However, I can also imagine that my presence is about as welcome as a police raid on a brothel.'
The man known for his loathing of 'brutalist' skyscrapers insisted he was not against tall buildings 'purely because they are tall buildings'.
'My concern is that they should be considered in their context - in other words, they should be put where they fit properly.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-89500/Charless-views-skyscrapers.html#ixzz2ST3yGHU4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook [/quote]
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 1:28am On May 06, 2013
No skyscrapers in London? shocked shocked

Well, this is London's financial district!! - CANARY WHARF!!!

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 1:29am On May 06, 2013
shymexx: No skyscrapers in London? shocked shocked

Well, this is London's financial district!!

I never said there was but isnt the dominating scene that comes to mind like New York or any Asian capital.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 1:30am On May 06, 2013
Skyscrapers in Paris

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by tpia5: 1:30am On May 06, 2013
OK_2_NV:

mba! that is not lagos

it is.

more:

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 1:32am On May 06, 2013
OK_2_NV:

I never said there was but isnt the dominating scene that comes to mind like New York or any Asian capital.

That's because there's no space for that...

But the tallest building in London has about 72 floors...
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 1:32am On May 06, 2013
shymexx: Skyscrapers in Paris

paris is not known for the her sky scrappers. They are just a convenience and if they had their way the city planners will pull them down
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Rossikk(m): 1:39am On May 06, 2013
shymexx:

Educate me on why Abuja was built the way it's...

Anyway, Washington DC was designed to replicate the holiest city in ancient Egypt... I think Benjamin Banneker(a black man) designed most of DC because of his knowledge about astronomy...

Abuja was built to be a spacious, serene, liveable city, not a New York or Dallas.

These pics represent the masterplan of the city. Abuja is not even 30% completed.

[img]http://www.as-p.de/projectimages/projekt/4026/4026_1_boulevardview_final_print_ef.jpg[/img]
....................................[img]http://4.bp..com/_-tlhf56Ka7g/TEhXb_sWvjI/AAAAAAAAAE4/4cJuh65Pl9Q/s1600/p90-33.jpg[/img]
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 1:40am On May 06, 2013
OK_2_NV:

paris is not known for the her sky scrappers. They are just a convenience and if they had their way the city planners will pull them down

Keep living in denial, mate.. They're planning to build more.

This is Berlin, Germany!

[img]http://2.bp..com/-0bAm7NAmMrc/TaTITEafagI/AAAAAAAAAoU/O4jH55P7aOg/s1600/berlin_skyscrapers_01.jpg[/img]
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 1:41am On May 06, 2013
Rossikk:

Abuja was built to be a spacious serene, liveable city, not a New York or Dallas.

These pics represent the masterplan of the city. Abuja is not even 30% completed.

Why's it not 30% completed? - they looted the money, no? grin
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Rossikk(m): 1:43am On May 06, 2013
shymexx:

Why's it not 30% completed? - they looted the money, no? grin

It has nothing to do with ''looted money''. Most of the buildings yet to come up are private sector buildings. The main govt buildings and ministries are all built and in place. It is not the govt that will build all the structures in Abuja, or even most of them. That's not their job. Their job is to build the infrastructure, and that they are doing. If you actually visited Abuja, you'd see the place is still a huge construction site, with cranes and construction work going on everywhere.

1 Like

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 1:47am On May 06, 2013
Rossikk:

It has nothing to do with ''looted money''. Most of the buildings yet to come up are private sector buildings. The main govt buildings and ministries are all erected and in place.

So, they're still waiting for private sector buildings after the capital was move to Abuja about three decades ago, no?? grin grin Hysterical!!

The Angolan civil war ended in the mid 90s and we all know what Luanda looks like now... and it was built from the scratch as well after the war... So, why's Abuja still stuck in the 90s? grin grin
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 1:49am On May 06, 2013
Rossikk:
Their job is to build the infrastructure, and that they are doing. If you actually visited Abuja, you'd see the place is still a huge construction site, with cranes and construction work going on everywhere.

The only thing I see in Abuja are residential buildings being erected by thieving politicians, churches, mosques, hotels, and supermarkets for the thieving elites... grin

Abuja is a town, end of!
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 1:51am On May 06, 2013
shymexx:

So, they're still waiting for private sector buildings after the capital was move to Abuja about three decades ago, no?? grin grin Hysterical!!

The Angolan civil war ended in the mid 90s and we all know what Luanda looks like now... and it was built from the scratch as well after the war... So, why's Abuja still stuck in the 90s? grin grin

are all the buildings in london owned by the queen?

Can u sit there and type that all the bldgs u saw in the first page were government owned?

are u communist or wat?
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by tpia5: 1:51am On May 06, 2013
lag

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 1:52am On May 06, 2013
shymexx:

The only thing I see in Abuja are residential buildings being erected by thieving politicians, churches, mosques, hotels, and supermarkets for the thieving elites... grin

Abuja is a town, end of!

I live here and if abuja being a town then so be it than that slum village u call a city
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by tpia5: 1:52am On May 06, 2013
like i said, its a question of using the right angles and the right photographer.

too bad i dont have my photos of oau at night, una for sign off in fury. undecided
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Rossikk(m): 1:53am On May 06, 2013
shymexx:

Luanda is both the commercial capital and the administrative capital of Angola. Abuja is just the admin capital of Nigeria while Lagos is the commercial capital. The head offices of the major investors and industry captains in Nigeria are all in Lagos. Embassies, NGOs, UN, AU etc, all have their head offices in Abuja.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 1:54am On May 06, 2013
OK_2_NV:

I live here and if abuja being a town then so be it than that slum village u call a city

I concur - it's a town not worthy of the capital city tag... grin

Nigeria needs to step up - both Lagos and Abuja are subpar!
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 1:55am On May 06, 2013
Symphony007: i'm sure if you leave your village and live in an actual nigerian city, you won't make such a statement.
hahahahahahaha. I lived in Nigeria for 16 years, Abuja for 14 (now living in Canada) and trust me Nigeria cant beat this. Do you know how much Congo has?
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Rossikk(m): 1:55am On May 06, 2013
shymexx:

Abuja is a town, end of!

You've lost me there. Now you're bringing in your anti-Nigerian prejudices and hatred into the whole thing. Sure. Every building in Abuja is residential and built by thieves for thieves, or churches and mosques. Thanks. I'm out.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Afam4eva(m): 1:56am On May 06, 2013
I agree with shymexx's assertion about Abuja. The first time i went there, i was impressed with it's serenity and cleanliness compared to other Nigerian cities but the city has no character. It's looks hollow and shallow. I think they didn't get the best hands to handle the design of the city.

As for Lagos, it's the only city in Nigeria that you can even try to compare with other urban and world cities not because it's beautiful or breadtaking but just because it has some skyscraapers that other Nigerian cities don't have. But the city is really fugly and depressing. It was the day i saw pics of Luanda that i knew that we're jokers in this country. And some ignorant Nigerians who have not been to some African countries that we deride won't know that the capital cities of these African countries look better than our best(Abuja and Lagos). I think we need to develop a new city with an eye for aestethics. Our cities are darn ugly.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 1:57am On May 06, 2013
Rossikk:

Luanda is both the commercial capital and the administrative capital of Angola. Abuja is just the admin capital of Nigeria while Lagos is the commercial capital. The head offices of the major investors and industry captains in Nigeria are all in Lagos. Embassies, NGOs, UN, AU etc, all have their head offices in Abuja.

Best believe they would have moved their head offices to Abuja if it weren't a lacklustre town being camouflaged as a city... The place is next to dead with obese thieves running around with their saggy bellies... grin

Abuja needs to step up and take the load off Lagos, tbh...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

China Bans BBC World Service, Following U.K. Ban Of Chinese Network / Georgia Confirms Biden Victory and Finds no Widespread Fraud After Audit / Mitt Romney's Loss In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.