Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,113 members, 7,953,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:41 PM

The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) (26784 Views)

Malawi, Congo, Bar South Africans From Entering Their Country / That Side Of ‘dubai’ They Really Dont Want You To SEE (LOOK) / Libya: Ten Things About Gaddafi They Don’t Want You To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 05, 2013
Aigbofa:

Bad belle na bad thing o grin

appollo dey pain pass.

shine ur eyes and drop the alomo
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by spoofproof: 7:31pm On May 05, 2013
OK_2_NV: Center of excellence my foot!

More like center of congestion.

OK_2_NV: Just like the way Nigeria likes f00ling no one but themselves that Nigeria is the Giant of Africa these ACN clowns will think their city is "center of excellence"

OK_2_NV: The place is even made uglier by the ugly people and frustrated people that abound.

OK_2_NV: Center of excellence my foot!

More like center of congestion.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 05, 2013
OK_2_NV:

you forgot lagos.

Lagos definitely has some nice skyscrapers- but Abuja is just so dull and lacklustre for a capital city!!

PS: not saying Lagos is perfect or the best in Africa...

2 Likes

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 05, 2013
ayox2003: Nice! CNN and FOX viewers are about the most brainwashed viewers. cheesy cheesy Some don't even know Bin Laden was CIA trained.

OP, your picture of Congo is not complete without the statue of the man who Malcom X called the most brilliant African on the plant, Patrice Lumumba.

Frawzey

these are normal expected things you expect of a city. CNN is not a tourist destination promoter.

1 Like

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by phantom(m): 7:37pm On May 05, 2013
shymexx:

Lagos definitely has some nice[b] skyscrapers[/b]- but Abuja is just so dull and lacklustre for a capital city!!

it beats me how people cant tell the difference between a skyscraper and a highrise.the tallest building in lagos is 33F if i'm not mistaken........thats a highrise!a skyscraper;200-299m/650-999ft tall,highrises;100-199m/300-649ft tall.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by tpia5: 7:38pm On May 05, 2013
i dont think any of the pictures look better than abuja.

you can try comparing abuja with kenya or south africa maybe.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 05, 2013
shymexx:

Lagos definitely has some nice skyscrapers- but Abuja is just so dull and lacklustre for a capital city!!

Dear Philistine,
There is no city in Nigeria like Abuja. It is green and well planned. Skycrappers dont make a city alluring. London or Paris and most other European cities have stringent hurdles to discourage their sky line being obscured by tall modern buildings.

Again you FAIL me.

2 Likes

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by phantom(m): 7:38pm On May 05, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked but the place fine o! we dey play for 9ja o!abuja+lagos no reach.... grin grin grin
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by spoofproof: 7:41pm On May 05, 2013
guess you guys can now wake up from your giant of Africa slumber grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 05, 2013
phantom:
it beats me how people cant tell the difference between a skyscraper and a highrise.the tallest building in lagos is 33F if i'm not mistaken........thats a highrise!a skyscraper;200-299m/650-999ft tall,highrises;100-199m/300-649ft tall.

Another duffer with blinkered brain cells... You semi-illiterates and half-witted scums need to stop quoting my post(s) if you have nothing intelligent to post... They honestly need to do something about the educational system in Nigeria and the blockheads coming out of that system, tbh.

skyscraper - a very tall building with many stories
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/skyscraper
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 05, 2013
tpia@:

Guy make we talk true, Abuja is nice on Nigeria terms but it's planning is outdated. Abuja was planned for commuters and not pedestrians and the original master plan , that is still being followed was conceptualized and drawn in the 70's with the false premonition that Cars and roads will dominate and connect the city. One of the major cities that have this failed plan is Los Angeles. A city built in the 50's connected by series of maze like highways, L.A. is seen as one of the most expensive city to maintain and public transportation is rated lowest in the U.S. The Brazilian political capital, Brasilia also followed this format but the authorities have reworked the original plan to be more pedestrian based.Even Cottonou is far more beautiful than Abuja.

The broad boulevards and alley ways in the first few pics OP posted show a city that I won't mind going for a walk.

2 Likes

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 05, 2013
OK_2_NV:
appollo dey pain pass.

shine ur eyes and drop the alomo

Talking of appollo, you have to be afflicted if you can't find any picture of Lagos better than those you posted. Not to mention your friends on queue for Agege bread. Quite frankly, I think it is a shame that Nigeria is not being compared to more advanced countries because that is where we should be.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by vanstanzy(m): 7:53pm On May 05, 2013
I have learnt long ago not to trust everything the CNN spews. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by phantom(m): 7:53pm On May 05, 2013
CAIRO

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 05, 2013
sheyie2007: see ur mouth like phyne.. How e take fine pass naija
the beautiful places here are two times finer than the beautiful places Rossikk and others have shown to us.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 05, 2013
Aigbofa:

Talking of appollo, you have to be afflicted if you can't find any picture of Lagos better than those you posted. Not to mention your friends on queue for Agege bread. Quite frankly, I think it is a shame that Nigeria is not being compared to more advanced ountries because that is where we should be.

Borrow glass from your Thug Father if you no get eyes

1 Like

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Inik(m): 7:56pm On May 05, 2013
Cool pictures. Congo is a rich country. I don"t know why Nigerians always tend to underrate their country. Abuja is the most beautiful city in Africa!

1 Like

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by spoofproof: 7:57pm On May 05, 2013
OK_2_NV:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by spoofproof: 7:58pm On May 05, 2013
Inik: [s]Abuja is the most beautiful city in Africa![/s]

grin grin grin grin grin somebody should wake this dreamer grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 05, 2013
OK_2_NV:

Ode ni e joor. How does a few pictures tell you how developed a city is?
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 05, 2013
Aigbofa:

Guy, you dey vex?

1 Like

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 05, 2013
OK_2_NV:

Guy, you dey vex?

I no dey vex o. I just don't understand why Tinubu is such a terror to some of you! The man is not even elected to any office!
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 05, 2013
Aigbofa don check out sha

1 Like

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 05, 2013
Aigbofa:

I no dey vex o. I just don't understand why Tinubu is such a terror to some of you! The man is not even elected to any office!

For being so ugly for starts

1 Like

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 05, 2013
Eko Ile is lurking grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 05, 2013
OK_2_NV:

For being so ugly for starts

Did he spurn your advances? Do you want to marry him? Are you gay?

3 Likes

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by phantom(m): 8:19pm On May 05, 2013
NAIROBI

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by EkoIle1: 8:20pm On May 05, 2013
Aigbofa:

You are just going to let the trolls destroy this thread.

This thread is not about Lagos, but with encouragement and their hate and stupidity, they'll turn in into lagos hatefest.

Don't feed the Trolls...

1 Like

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 05, 2013
naija needs to step up o

1 Like

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 05, 2013
tpia@:

what are you blind? go and check the pictures of Abuja and then come back and check this out, you will cry forever!!!!
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 05, 2013
kinshasa now is Abuja is 25 years time. We shall get there!!!! grin grin grin
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by theripper3: 8:25pm On May 05, 2013
O boy, some places for Africa fine o.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US / Barack Obama Congratulates Joe Biden And Kamala Harris / Huge Explosion Hits Mosque In Herat, Afghanistan. 20 Killed, 200 Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.