Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) (26416 Views)

Malawi, Congo, Bar South Africans From Entering Their Country / That Side Of ‘dubai’ They Really Dont Want You To SEE (LOOK) / Libya: Ten Things About Gaddafi They Don’t Want You To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 7:17am On May 06, 2013
^ a region only north kivu...

What happens in Oregon doesn't affect New York

What happens in borno doesn't affect Lagos
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:19am On May 06, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: ^ a region only north kivu...

What happens in Oregon doesn't affect New York

What happens in borno doesn't affect Lagos

Very good that they have some decent environment to raise their kids, i am happy for them.

1 Like

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by phantom(m): 7:30am On May 06, 2013
OK_2_NV:

I have been defending Abuja against that shymmex. As for Lagos no hope. Isn't that why they relocated the capital in the first place?
The only saving grace may come in the form of an ocean surge to flush the huge pile of sh1t away.
And by the way I am here in Abuja. I suppose to finish a report and submit by Tuesday morning and I ended up spending most of the night arguing back and forth here and browsing sesi chics.
lol...i swear lagos really needs to be flushed away.that place is not impressive at all.tbh abuja is the ish.if i have to move its abj for sure.calm.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Symphony007: 7:54am On May 06, 2013
One_Naira:

Shut up before I slap am shut. Lagos was built by the colonialist and yet it still cannot measure up to most cities in Africa so wetin u dey yarn? Abeg move left and give credit to others.
when did "abuja" become lagos? Or can't you read? Or you're willfully ignorant.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Symphony007: 8:05am On May 06, 2013
shymexx: Lmao... I doubt there are skyscrapers in Port harcourt and that's obviously not Nigeria... undecided undecided
the state secretariate in port harcourt is the tallest building in the entire southern and eastern nigeria, the presidential and la meridian hotels are the tallest hotels in the southern and eastern nigeria, and the nse building in d-line port harcourt when completed will be amongs the tallest on the continent.

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Symphony007: 8:09am On May 06, 2013
Afam4eva:
Where do you get these pictures from? That's deffinitely not port-hacourt. PH should not even be mentioned here. The only reason why that town is ranked high in Nigeria is because the oil companies there. Remove that and it's just another Aba.
i refer thou ignorant self to my post above.^^
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Symphony007: 8:16am On May 06, 2013
shymexx:

That's because there's no space for that...

But the tallest building in London has about 72 floors...
he is not disputing that there are skyscrapers in europe but they are relegated to select parts of cities like canary warf in london and la defense in paris to create a distinction between class and glass..and truely the real beauty of those cities are in skyscraper free zones, like westminister in london and the elysee in paris.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Symphony007: 8:20am On May 06, 2013
babe_online:
hahahahahahaha. I lived in Nigeria for 16 years, Abuja for 14 (now living in Canada) and trust me Nigeria cant beat this. Do you know how much Congo has?
yeah, maybe it can use that money better in law enforcement, so it can stop being the RAPE capital of the world.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Symphony007: 8:28am On May 06, 2013
shymexx: Luanda is actually a very beautiful city - they've got tunnels over there as well!! shocked shocked

this is not an african city! This is either spain or portugal because those two slant towers are the headquater of the bankia santander. Don't mislead folks.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Crayola1: 8:34am On May 06, 2013
sheyie2007: your head like crayon.. You and who

If you have nothing useful to say than sip a cup of STFU and follow it with a glass of HCl

Cities are not just buildings but the entire environment. Nigerians don't think planting flowers or trees are important part of upkeep. That's why Nigeria will have roads and the sides that line those roads look like barren wastelands. Open gutters, no sidewalks, nothing normal cities have and then folks go bragging that they are the "giants of this and that". Whether we compare Nigeria to Botswana or Kenya, Nigeria needs work. The end.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 9:14am On May 06, 2013
Symphony007: the state secretariate in port harcourt is the tallest building in the entire southern and eastern nigeria, the presidential and la meridian hotels are the tallest hotels in the southern and eastern nigeria, and the nse building in d-line port harcourt when completed will be amongs the tallest on the continent.

But sir, Port Harcourt is definitely not worth city status... It's a town-meet-village! grin
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 9:17am On May 06, 2013
Symphony007: this is not an african city! This is either spain or portugal because those two slant towers are the headquater of the bankia santander. Don't mislead folks.

I got the pic from skyscrapercity... Can't you see I was amazed when I saw a tunnel there? And the place looks Queensway road in England's 3rd largest city.. grin

Anyway, Luanda still looks magnificent for a capital city in a country that was ravaged by more than 30 years of brutal civil war... wink Abuja on the other hand looks dull and more like a residential town for pensioners! grin
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 9:45am On May 06, 2013
Since the thread was created to celebrate Congo DR - it's only right the I inject the voice(s) of the greatest Congolese man ever and arguably one of the greatest Africans ever... Brother Malcom-X called him the most intelligent black man in the world... grin

"This is a propagandist trick aimed at me. I am not a Communist. The colonialists have campaigned against me throughout the country because I am a revolutionary and demand the abolition of the colonial regime, which ignored our human dignity. They look upon me as a Communist because I refused to be bribed by the imperialists." - Patrice Lumumba

^^^Substitute "imperialists"/"colonialists" with the kleptocrats ruling us - and you'll see why Nigeria is messed up!

[img]http://randomrow.files./2011/02/patrice-lumumba-as-africa-graphic-web11.jpg[/img]
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by ikweremilitant: 9:53am On May 06, 2013
Christ,am impressed.oh nija nija nija see wat coruption has done to us.dis city floored abuja
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by ikweremilitant: 9:58am On May 06, 2013
OK_2_NV: Center of excellence my foot!

More like center of congestion.

center of agberos
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Rossikk(m): 10:42am On May 06, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: Is all this Congo for real and i thought their country was war ravaged.
You saw what the white media want you to see.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Rossikk(m): 10:44am On May 06, 2013
ikwere militant: Christ,am impressed.oh nija nija nija see wat coruption has done to us.dis city floored abuja
Abuja is nowhere near completed. It is ignorant to compare it with much older cities.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Rossikk(m): 10:51am On May 06, 2013
shymexx: Anyone can list the top 10 cities in Africa and I'm darn sure no Nigerian city would make the cut!!
Oh shut up and get lost. Your own hatred for anything Nigerian is like madness that's taken over your entire body and mind.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 11:03am On May 06, 2013
Rossikk: Oh shut up and get lost. Your own hatred for Nigeria is like madness that's taken over your entire body and mind.

Nah, you shut up and get a life!

Why do you think I hate Nigeria? Caring and wanting the best for a place means "love" not hatred... If I hated Nigeria, I definitely won't be on this forum - and mos def. won't give two fvcks about the country...
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 11:04am On May 06, 2013

1 Like

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Rossikk(m): 11:07am On May 06, 2013
shymexx:

Nah, you shut up and get a life!

Why do you think I hate Nigeria? Caring and wanting the best for a place means "love" not hatred... If I hated Nigeria, I definitely won't be on this forum - and mos def. won't give two fvcks about the country...
Dude you HATE Nigeria with a passion. You fool no one here man. I've no clue what you're doing on this forum, or if you're even a Nigerian. You sound like someone who lived all his life in the UK surrounded by parents and siblings who constantly put down Nigeria. I know your type.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 11:08am On May 06, 2013
Rossikk: Oh shut up and get lost. Your own hatred for anything Nigerian is like madness that's taken over your entire body and mind.

Add Algiers to the list as well - it looks far better than Lagos and Abuja combined... grin

Khartoum might have something to say as well - and Juba(the capital of Sudan) should catch-up with Nigerian cities in the next few years... The masterplan looks great and they've got the oil money to pull it off.. wink
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 11:11am On May 06, 2013
Rossikk: Dude you HATE Nigeria with a passion. You fool no one here man. I've no clue what you're doing on this forum, or if you're even a Nigerian.

Can you define hate? How can I hate Nigeria and still go through 2hours of pain and tattoo tears without any numb cream to get the place tatted on my body? You're not making sense at all...

Well, when I hated naija in the past as a teen, I never gave two fvcks about the place and never cared if someone nukes the darn place, or not... Peep the difference, bruddah..
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 11:14am On May 06, 2013
Rossikk: You sound like someone who lived all his life in the UK surrounded by parents and siblings who constantly put down Nigeria. I know your type.

If you think I hate Nigeria, then Min. Louis Farrakhan hates black people... and Malcolm-X also hated black people whilst he was on this planet, no?
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Rossikk(m): 11:16am On May 06, 2013
ShyM-X:

Can you definite hate? How can I hate Nigeria and still go through 2hours of pain and tattoo tears without any numb cream to get the place tatted on my body? You're not making sense at all...

Well, when I hated naija in the past as a teen, I never gave two fvcks about the place and never cared if someone nukes the darn place, or not... Peep the difference, bruddah..
You really expect us to believe you have a Nigerian tattoo on you? I think you are trying way too hard to convince us.. Save it. You are NOT one of us. Thanks for confirming you hated Nigeria as a teen. Why don't you go and seek therapy to remove the remaining hatred for the country in your system before it damages your health?
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Rossikk(m): 11:19am On May 06, 2013
ShyM-X:

If you think I hate Nigeria, then Min. Louis Farrakhan hates black people... and Malcolm-X also hated black people whilst he was on this planet, no?
Malcolm X never put down his people at every opportunity. Neither does Louis Farrakhan. These are people who highlight and promote the best in their people.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 11:21am On May 06, 2013
Rossikk: You really expect us to believe you have a Nigerian tattoo on you? I think you are trying way too hard to convince us.. Save it. You are NOT one of us. Thanks for confirming you hated Nigeria as a teen. Why don't you go and seek therapy to remove the remaining hatred for the country in your system before it damages your health?

Convince you? - I don't need to convince you, bro.. I speak the truth and I'll continue to do that... Where I'm from, we don't celebrate backwardness, emptiness, and mediocrity - you've got to go out there and earn everything...

Anyway, you don't need to believe me but I walk around with naija on my body and I look at it every morning thinking about how great Africa and the black world would have been, if naija had utilised its potentials judiciously!!
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 11:25am On May 06, 2013
Rossikk: Malcolm X never put down his people at every opportunity. Neither does Louis Farrakhan. These are people who highlight and promote the best in their people.

Min. Louis Farrakhan chastise stupid negroes and their way-of-life all the time... and he's one of Obama's biggest critics... Malcolm-X also did the same thing whilst he was alive... and that's because they want/wanted the best for their people...

Nigeria has too much potentials and it's rich enough to be head and shoulders above every country in Africa... We shouldn't even be competing with African countries, to be honest... undecided
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Rossikk(m): 11:28am On May 06, 2013
ShyM-X:

Convince you? - I don't need to convince you, bro.. I speak the truth and I'll continue to do that... Where I'm from, we don't celebrate backwardness, emptiness, and mediocrity - you've got to go out there and earn everything...

Anyway, you don't need to believe me but I walk around with naija on my body and I look at it every morning thinking about how great Africa and the black world would have been, if naija had utilised its potentials judiciously!!
That's another thing you need to get off of-this idea that Nigeria has all this massive wealth that would have turned all Africa into paradise "if only". Nigeria's oil reserves are only as large as Kuwait's. Kuwait has 2 million mouths to feed. Nigeria 170 million. So where is this great massive wealth? It is not as if we have truck loads of gold, copper and diamonds just waiting to be harnessed. The nation needs time to diversify its economy and develop itself.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 11:37am On May 06, 2013
Rossikk: That's another thing you need to get off of-this idea that Nigeria has all this massive wealth that would have turned all Africa into paradise "if only". Nigeria's oil reserves are only as large as Kuwait's. It is not as if we have truck loads of gold, copper and diamonds just waiting to be harnessed. The nation needs time to develop itself.

There's absolutely no excuse for that... More than $300 billion have been looted from that country from 1970 to date(that's just the amount that can be accounted for)... Just imagine what that could have done, bro... Nigeria should be competing with Malaysia if it weren't for the semi-illiterate thieves running the affairs of the country!! I'm ashamed of Nigeria..

It's just funny how you think I hate Nigeria when most people around me think I've become too Nigeria-centric... Do you even know how many people I've educated about Nigeria and how there are nice and promising things about the country? And these are people who have the same background as myself but don't give two fvcks about the darn place... You need to rate me for critiquing naija, to be honest... cool
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 11:40am On May 06, 2013
Rossikk,

Why do you think most naija people from here go to naija for the first time and vow never to return - or conclude that it's not a place for them?
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by phantom(m): 11:41am On May 06, 2013
Rossikk: That's another thing you need to get off of-this idea that Nigeria has all this massive wealth that would have turned all Africa into paradise "if only". Nigeria's oil reserves are only as large as Kuwait's. Kuwait has 2 million mouths to feed. Nigeria 170 million. So where is this great massive wealth? It is not as if we have truck loads of gold, copper and diamonds just waiting to be harnessed. The nation needs time to diversify its economy and develop itself.
you r wasting your time with this dude.he constantly puts down nigeria to feel good about himself cos lets face it,hes still seen as a slave in the UK even though he was probably born there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

China Bans BBC World Service, Following U.K. Ban Of Chinese Network / Georgia Confirms Biden Victory and Finds no Widespread Fraud After Audit / Mitt Romney's Loss In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.