Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,671 members, 7,813,237 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? (13810 Views)

This Is What Happens Sometimes When You Stop A Girl And Ask For Her Number / Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? / How To Make Someone Stop Loving You Without Heart Break (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by COvo(m): 9:22pm On May 09, 2013
I can't stop loving Debby,she's the girl I wanna spend the rest of my life with.

1 Like

Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Clemzy16(m): 9:30pm On May 09, 2013
Well, love does not exist in the first place so why can't i??! I can stop loving a partner the moment i find a reason why i should.
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by ManOfThePeople(m): 9:31pm On May 09, 2013
People clearly fall out of love, hence about 50% of marriages and up to 70% of co-habitations don't work.

In any case, love means different things to different people.
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by ManOfThePeople(m): 9:32pm On May 09, 2013
C.Ovo:
I can't stop loving Debby,she's the girl I wanna spend the rest of my life with.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by mcfynest(m): 9:35pm On May 09, 2013
ok....ma girlfrnd jst broke up wif me....and i still luv ha....i tink dats luv....somtyms wen u luv smone it is beta for u to let dem go....if letin dem go wil make dem api :'
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Iyoaye1(f): 9:36pm On May 09, 2013
Fishout: whatever it may be,u dont need to stoping loving ur partner bt u can put limitation to it
Gbagaun grin
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Blackygal: 9:54pm On May 09, 2013
luv is a game,in wic weak souls cannot play,it require a strong soul.so b careful b4 fallin in LUV.
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Toyrem: 9:57pm On May 09, 2013
s.cabit:
Love is said to be eternal! Which means that you will always love your partner forever. Then can u outgrow loving him/her? Is it possible to stop loving him/her?
why not? If she change without genuine reason,
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by plendil: 10:00pm On May 09, 2013
ManOfThePeople: People clearly fall out of love, hence about 50% of marriages and up to 70% of co-habitations don't work.

Then it wasn't love in the first place
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Desloaaa(f): 10:01pm On May 09, 2013
maxisfield: I wil kip Loving mine till death do us part by the grace of God smiley
so once death parts u both,u stop loving him.Na wa o..
Thought it extends ni o
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Desloaaa(f): 10:01pm On May 09, 2013
maxisfield: I wil kip Loving mine till death do us part by the grace of God smiley
so once death parts u both,u stop loving him.Na wa o..
Though it extends ni o
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by samfibby(m): 10:04pm On May 09, 2013
temiosunrinde: Its so pathetic and highly lugubrious that during this critical time in the history of our nation,where boko haram keeps bombing day in day out,where capitalist form of govt of the shoeless one is leading the nation to a disaster,where the unity and peace of our nation is being threathened everytime,some group of nairand youth who are suppose to take to the street in protest and call for the resignation of the shoeless and clueless one are here sitting at a computer or bb or whatever talking about LOVE,ohhh I weep for my country

ROTFLMA. You can take to the street in protest,we will join u when boko haram give their life to christ. Very funny guy.

1 Like

Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by plendil: 10:08pm On May 09, 2013
MRbrownJAY: @OP
people dont love for no damn reason, therefore if these reasons are not there any longer or change then the love will die a natural death. for example, if you love someone because they were caring/understanding/special in anyway/beautiful or rich and they lost that attribute then there would be no more reason for love to exist in that said couple.

love is only eternal if the status of this couple is also eternal. you cannot love your partner forever, regardless of their actions.

If its for a reason - "his broad chest nice eyes", "her big bakassi" - its NOT LOVE!! What you've described is more like attraction, physical or otherwise.
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 09, 2013
^^^ people fall in love for many different reasons, and none of us can sit here and say that it is wrong.... we are all different and therefore what turn someone's love feelings on, may not be what turns another person's love feeling on. but SOMETHING triggers these feeling and without them, there can be no love (aka nothing to sustain this love).

btw, attraction has its fair share to play when love is concerned....whether physical/emotional/spiritual/financial or what not. if you are not attracted in anyway with the person you love then something is DEFINTELY and SERIOUSLY wrong.
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by ClaraP: 10:29pm On May 09, 2013
yes. its very possible to stop loving one's partner.

[color=#000000][/color]
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Caprison(m): 10:33pm On May 09, 2013
Sormeh: Love can die naturally when no matter all your efforts & sacrifices to make it enjoyable, u are still seen as not doing anything.

short bt ful of words
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Extom(m): 10:34pm On May 09, 2013
temiosunrinde: Its so pathetic and highly lugubrious that during this critical time in the history of our nation,where boko haram keeps bombing day in day out,where capitalist form of govt of the shoeless one is leading the nation to a disaster,where the unity and peace of our nation is being threathened everytime,some group of nairand youth who are suppose to take to the street in protest and call for the resignation of the shoeless and clueless one are here sitting at a computer or bb or whatever talking about LOVE,ohhh I weep for my country

U can as well gather ur friends, and hit the streets all in the name of a POINTLESS protest! U wanna protest 4 boko 2 stop bombing with what? Missiles? U don't have any positive contribution, then bounce. Its ur type that always get it wrong... Just pray you don't suffer wrongly in the arms of a wrong love...
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by biafranqueen: 11:08pm On May 09, 2013
1st off Learn to Love Yourself
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Petraman(m): 11:15pm On May 09, 2013
I can't stop loving my girl so far say she loves me
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by rezzy: 11:27pm On May 09, 2013
Yes, when he stops loving me.
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by awesomet1(m): 11:37pm On May 09, 2013
keyword: Too much talk about love. Lemme ask,can we define love without God? Can we know ♓☺w to love without learning from him? God is love. For ∕̴Ɩ person to really love another, he must have ∕̴Ɩ deep knowledge of the ways of God. Love entails accepting both the good and bad, ugly and beautiful, tolerating each other, whether the persons attitude changes or not. Honestly, I don't think love is ∕̴Ɩ shallow word. We shouldn't have ∕̴Ɩ reason to love others.its ∕̴Ɩ command. We must love
Gbam!
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by chlowi(f): 11:49pm On May 09, 2013
Nice ...but errrrrm Sir or madam what stops you or ur your children(if uv got any) from leading the protest ur campaigning for ?
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Localtrouble: 12:01am On May 10, 2013
Bikonu, na wetin worry the guy him dey cry about, free am! He's teaching you to love the clueless and shoeless one..stop being a hater. If there was some level of trust and love between our Leaders and us citizens, I don't think the country would have deteriorated to this level. Mind you our problems didn't start with GEJ. Show some love and Respect for the President, the OP might just listen to you and take to the streets
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by simdam500(m): 12:32am On May 10, 2013
Yes
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Nobody: 12:53am On May 10, 2013
keyword: Too much talk about love. Lemme ask,can we define love without God? Can we know ♓☺w to love without learning from him? God is love. For ∕̴Ɩ person to really love another, he must have ∕̴Ɩ deep knowledge of the ways of God. Love entails accepting both the good and bad, ugly and beautiful, tolerating each other, whether the persons attitude changes or not. Honestly, I don't think love is ∕̴Ɩ shallow word. We shouldn't have ∕̴Ɩ reason to love others.its ∕̴Ɩ command. We must love

-First part of your reply: ("Can we define love without God ....deep knowledge of the ways of God".)
I like that. Are you familiar with St. Augustine? He talks about something similar in a chapter of his Confessions (how the ideas we have about the universe and everything in it: of animals, of perfection, of nature, etc ...comes from God and HE is the one who instills them in us, specifically, in our minds). Reading your reply just reminded me of that passage.

-Second part of your reply: ("Love entails ...We must love" ).
True. And I like that you use the word "accept", which points out the fact that love is a choice. Accepting and choosing co-exist. Love is a command, yes, but just like all the other commandments we have the choice to do them, or not. If this weren't the case, the world wouldn't be upside down as it is today.

With romantic r-ships, I know it's not easy to stop loving someone like that, especially for people who're in love. Often, something huge has to happen for one to stop loving the other and even in that case, it would take time. So it's not like it's simple to do, but you can get there eventually if you choose to.
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Nobody: 1:08am On May 10, 2013
Anyway, to answer the OP, YES, it is possible to stop loving a partner:

A few reasons:

-We've freewill (see 2nd response to keyword)
-We're finite beings
-Sh1t happens

Another reason I want to list has to do with Plato's theory of forms (for anyone who's familiar with it), but too long to go into...
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by churific(m): 3:04am On May 10, 2013
Some people are not even answering the question. They're just quoting scriptures and famous sayings of which, some are irrelevant.

I'll say it depends on your definition of LOVE. Today, we all have millions of definition and by mine, I say YES, it's very possible to stop loving a "partner" especially if you have confused love and LUST.
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Nobody: 3:38am On May 10, 2013
Ninapha: Anything dat is 'built' can be destroyed, ammended, redesigned and or obey the law of depreciation. Love between couples is built and has the tendencies of the afore mentioned.

Its possible if given reason to. Its only God's love that is sure yet he even rebuke and chastise!
I like this reply too.

youngestfool: Sometime love fade.
True love only happen in indian movie
lol
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by leonshom(m): 5:28am On May 10, 2013
A Philosopher said so !
PapaBrowne: This love thing has too many definitions sef.
I dont waste time trying to decipher it.
I just understand love as the relationship between a MOTHER AND A BABY.
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Subuhanalahi: 7:35am On May 10, 2013
I can't stop loving him no matter his action.
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Jman06(m): 8:07am On May 10, 2013
Mr man,u wll soon die of envy while my president continues 2 deliver dividends of democracy 2 nigerians.
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by mkoabiola: 8:24am On May 10, 2013
Wetin concern u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

........... / HELP!!! I'm In Love With This Busty Yoruba Girl ((pictures)) / Guys Why Will Ladies Suck Your d!ck And You Refuse To Lick Their v@gina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.