Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,398 members, 7,812,171 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Insecurity & Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Insecurity & Relationships (1010 Views)

Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / How To Overcome Insecurity In A Long-distance Relationship / My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity & Relationships by WackyJ1(m): 1:27pm On May 10, 2013
Now i know you might be thinking that the answer to this might to so obvious that this question is irrelevant. But it's not, take a moment and read:
(If you want summary just scroll down to the bottom of this post)

For the guys we know that in this day and age, with the type of girls we have, anything can happen, the cheating rate among ladies is not on par with that of the guys if not more. So when you're dating a lady especially one who is young and in a way naive, can you really not be insecure knowing what can happen and the chances? Can you feel insecurity when there is actually no security?

For those against feeling insecure, what are the effects in the relationship? Especially for guys feeling insecure about the ladies? What's bad in the guy actually giving some warnings to the lady that this action though innocent might lead to some other things and urging her to be careful? About being worried about certain activities she does with the opposite sex that you know might lead to something more if the girl is not careful and telling her about it..

If feeling insecure is bad, what can you do especially when you care about the person a lot? What reasoning helps you guys in not feeling insecure?

Summary (I put this for lazy
readers)
1. For the guys, you know anything can happen in this day and age with girls and for ladies you've been hearing how men are cheats. Is there anything wrong with feeling insecure?
2. What effects does feeling insecure and acting like it have on the relationship
3. If you care about someone alot you most times can help it. What reasoning or mentality helps you against acting insecure?
4. Do you not feel insecure or do you just act like you don't

Mods Front page please.. This no be jollof rice
Re: Insecurity & Relationships by WackyJ1(m): 3:08pm On May 10, 2013
Why are you guys not commenting? Abi na just to look una dey
Re: Insecurity & Relationships by alfredo4u(m): 4:20pm On May 10, 2013
amnesty pls
Re: Insecurity & Relationships by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:50pm On May 10, 2013
OP, light dey ur area?
Re: Insecurity & Relationships by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 10, 2013
I wanted to hit the back button but since nobody has given u a meaningful reply, I decided to be nice.
Re: Insecurity & Relationships by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 10, 2013
1. There's something wrong with feeling insecure. Sometimes, it stems from low self-esteem or too much anxiety/worry over nothing.
2. It makes the other party really feel uneasy. The whole 'what are you doing now', 'whose voice is dt at the background', 'who are you chatting with' questions actually makes the other party feel like they're not trusted. As human beings, we want to be trusted just the same way that we want to be loved.
3. Well...I use the golden rule. Putting myself in the other person's shoes. How would I want him to react if the roles were reversed? Also, i think with my brain and get all my facts straight rather than acting rashly based on my emotions.
4. The truth: i ain't gat no time to worry about someone snatching somborri. He's not a baby. Whatever will be will be.
Re: Insecurity & Relationships by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 10, 2013
I must say that a lil bit of jealousy doesn't kill, though. I dunno abt oda ladies but i kinda enjoy the feelings when i see that look on his face when he says 'who is that guy you were talking to?'...i just burst into laughter. Be jealous a lil but don't be insecure. Don't cross the line! U feel me
Re: Insecurity & Relationships by WackyJ1(m): 9:12pm On May 10, 2013
SLIDE waxie: OP, light dey ur area?
Nah light no day
Re: Insecurity & Relationships by Nobody: 6:22am On May 11, 2013
TRUST.

If you can't do this, then remain single.
Unless you've a reason to doubt, there's no point stressing over nothing.
Re: Insecurity & Relationships by Mynd44: 6:28am On May 11, 2013
Yield: TRUST.

If you can't do this, then remain single.
Unless you've a reason to doubt, there's no point stressing over nothing.
Simple. The basis of every relationship is trust. The lack of it brings emotional and sometimes, physical hell to the couple as the insecure person does not feel at ease one bit in the relationship as he/she feel they will have to monitor the other. And the partner is going to be driven insane with silly and unnecessary questions
Re: Insecurity & Relationships by WackyJ1(m): 12:03pm On May 11, 2013
What if you have reason to be, she's acted in a way that gives you cause for concern
Re: Insecurity & Relationships by NaijaDoWell: 8:00pm On May 11, 2013
alutacontinua: 1. There's something wrong with feeling insecure. Sometimes, it stems from low self-esteem or too much anxiety/worry over nothing.
2. It makes the other party really feel uneasy. The whole 'what are you doing now', 'whose voice is dt at the background', 'who are you chatting with' questions actually makes the other party feel like they're not trusted. As human beings, we want to be trusted just the same way that we want to be loved.
3. Well...I use the golden rule. Putting myself in the other person's shoes. How would I want him to react if the roles were reversed? Also, i think with my brain and get all my facts straight rather than acting rashly based on my emotions.
4. The truth: i ain't gat no time to worry about someone snatching somborri. He's not a baby. Whatever will be will be.

Well you are right! But what if the person you so trusted, now does the unexpected? I give you an instance; this girl have always been a good girl (in your judgement), she met a guy who agreed to marry her. The guy got to discover that the girl was asking another guy (an old friend) to come and sleep with her before she gets married. How can that guy trust her again?

(1) (Reply)

Where Is The Love???man Locks His Wife Up, Repeatedly Rapes Her And Slashes Her / Handling Shame Like A Man / Helep This Fool => is Oath Still Active In This 21st Century?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.