Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,729 members, 7,820,523 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon - Family (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon (71892 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Three (3) Financial Moves To Make Before Getting Married / Getting Married As An Undergraduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 12:46am On May 13, 2013
@truelove where are you

You are a handsome young man but you look young
How old at you and what do you do?
I am trying to help you sell yourself as it were
Tell us about yourself
ms right could be reading

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 12:47am On May 13, 2013
And they say women are gold diggers...

By the time OP wakes up, na 147 PM she go receive, including those with multiple account for high probability of selection grin

Let me borrow a slang from cameroonpride...
I weep for Naija! lipsrsealed
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by cantell(m): 12:48am On May 13, 2013
truelove.com:

i wanna have a break now , my hand is tired of typing. i will be back later 2drop ma bio. cheers!!
Haha! See race! No be you say you wan marry?
Why you dey run?
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by truelovecom: 12:49am On May 13, 2013
Vikin:

This ur mouth go finish the small money OP don build for herself .. cheesy

No comment for now, till i come back. ma hand is getting tired of typing
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 12:49am On May 13, 2013
Vikin: And they say women are gold diggers...

By the time OP wakes up, na 147 PM she go receive, including those with multiple account for high probability of selection grin

Why are you discouraging people
Haba
I have seen marriages happen in this nairaland o
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by 2legit2qwt: 12:50am On May 13, 2013
LOl @ all the guys dropping their phone numbers HOWEVER,
Vikin: And they say women are gold diggers...

If you're implying that they're gold diggers for leaving their contact info, how did you come to that conclusion? There could be men who are genuinely interested and not for the money? Plus how much is she even worth to classify them as gold diggers?
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 12:53am On May 13, 2013
2legit2qwt: LOl @ all the guys dropping their phone numbers HOWEVER,

If you're implying that they're gold diggers for leaving their contact info, how did you come to that conclusion? There could be men who are genuinely interested and not for the money? Plus how much is she even worth to classify them as gold diggers?

Lies!

Typical Naija guys will say she don old!
See the dropping contacts and PM!

Because dem see UK and SA cheesy...

Even small gigolos. ...
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 12:53am On May 13, 2013
nwando:

Why are you discouraging people
Haba
I have seen marriages happen in this nairaland o

OP go soon enter one chance! Hehehe
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by 2legit2qwt: 1:01am On May 13, 2013
Vikin:

Lies!

Even small gigolos. ...
what if the ones dropping their contacts are actually older, maybe way older or they could even be in the same situation, ready to get married as well?

These are possibilities and it's not to say, a lot of them could be swindlers BUT it makes more sense to not assume the intentions are all negative.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 1:02am On May 13, 2013
Vikin:

OP go soon enter one chance! Hehehe

One chance dey marriage too?
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 1:07am On May 13, 2013
2legit2qwt:
what if the ones dropping their contacts are actually older, maybe way older or they could even be in the same situation, ready to get married as well?

These are possibilities and it's not to say, a lot of them could be swindlers BUT it makes more sense to not assume the intentions are all negative.

I kno what u mean, out of the small percentage of those on same position with OP, what's the probability that they will be selected!
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 1:08am On May 13, 2013
nwando:

One chance dey marriage too?

Plenty! Suffering and smiling
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by ehispapa(m): 1:10am On May 13, 2013
Happyness_Chima:

Thats what my supervisor did but i cant do that. I get a lot of attention and feel like its from people i dont want. I look younger than my age but i think my problem is that I dont give some men the chance. How many men will I try out before meeting the one. I don't want to date around. I may start telling them i want marriage from the beginning so i dont waste my time.

how can i reach you?
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by armyofone(m): 1:11am On May 13, 2013
now this one made me laugh so hard grin grin grin grin

yeah, God has butter their bread. A sure way to jet out of the land of suffering and smiling.
Vikin:

Lies!

Even small gigolos. ...

OP should be smart enough to turn down all those suitors who sent her PM from NL.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by redsun(m): 1:59am On May 13, 2013
What are you still doing with your siblings?I think that is where the problem lies.You are not independent and of your own self.

Your life belongs to you and nobody else.Husband or no husband,you got to make yourself happy.It is all about you.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Elgaxton(m): 2:23am On May 13, 2013
Happyness_Chima: I'm 31 And Nobody Is Asking My Hand In Marriage

Good day nairaland. I'm 31 years old female, single and unmarried. I want to get married by the end of this year by Gods grace. All the men that approach me either are unsettled yet or one problem or the other. At first I wasn't desperate, but I don't know what im doing wrong. I have a good job and travel to the UK often but still haven't met any man that's prepared for marriage. When I go out to have fun, my siblings start complaining that im attending parties and staying out late too much. Is it in our parlour a man will marry me? I'm trying to enjoy life by looking on to the bright side but still feel empty inside of me. What else can I do to get married at least by the end of the year? Any others I my shoes can input as well.

Sorry but I don't get your point as it relates to the questions your siblings put forward to you.

There's a way to prepare for marriage, I don't think an ideal man wants to meet his wife in a party especially if its a wild party.

If you are trying to enjoy life and still feel empty then I think its high time you embraced Jesus, forget the marriage palava first, fill the emptiness then you can progress else you will still feel empty even with marriage.

1 Like

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Bofemsky(f): 2:59am On May 13, 2013
Cold blooded: Hmmm! Ok, make I tok in pidgin, firstly- e nobi ur fault say u stil dey single
Secondary- no dey desperate at all e nogo lead u anywhere
Thirdly- pray if u trust in God(but no waka say u dey go meet any spiritualist or man of God cos dem sabi complicate tins)
Fourtly- if d level wey u dey keep dey high too much, try reduce ur class cos tins like dat dey scare potential hubby away(cos of d fear of maintaining u).
Fifth-dont give urself date( as u say u wan marry by d end of d year)cos na God dey giv gud husband.
Lastly sis, if u go club a lot with hope of meeting a potential suitor dia, I don't fink it's d right place, most men chose to go clubbing for fun but time for marriage, dey wil luk for a cool-headed girl somewhere else.
Sixth- 31yrs neva dey too old, my sis married last 2yrs at d age of 35yrs n she dey enjoy d swt marriage now.
Wish u d best!
You don yarn her the correct thing! I had a friend who left Ibadan for Lagos in the hope of finding the right man, she came back to Ibadan and got married to a man she already knew but didn't consider the right man then@ age 34, by their 3rd anniversary, they have 2 beautiful boys and the marriage is waxing stronger.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by NLGwoodey: 3:00am On May 13, 2013
kizito96: Please get in touch i have a brother looking for a wife, he just returned from Uk, The lady i promised to show him has just been involved in a fraud case involving the bank and that is ruled out.First of all you must be Igbo from Imo State, no long distance marriage this time around. kizito96@yahoo.com

You want your brother to marry an Imo State woman?

My hand no dey o!

I hope your brother is not from Anambra b/c Imo women are known to kill their Anambra husbands to take over their assets.
My brother, BEWARE!!!

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by leeland(m): 3:24am On May 13, 2013
Happyness_Chima:

please what else can I do. When everyone in ur family is getting married. If I step outside they say i'm perambulating everywhere. Party, wedding, nightclub is a problem. Im thinking maybe I should rent my own place since I can afford it. I haff tire for the matter.
Marry me
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by olawaletaiwo(m): 4:57am On May 13, 2013
yes ma, you don't have any problem, i m here waiting for you, i m serious, if you don't mind, i will like to marry you and spend all the rest of my life with you, i m ready to settle down with you here is my 08065931025
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Obiagu1(m): 5:16am On May 13, 2013
@ OP, any proposals yet?
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by horny4u(f): 5:32am On May 13, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnxBZjbZCOI

Use visualization and affirmation to bring this man to you

Write 100 things you want in this man.

Wait for your time

Miss nobody better than Mrs deadbody
Be grateful for the life you have now. May your prayer be answerd soon.

Shine no matter what.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by stantob(m): 6:03am On May 13, 2013
please contact me .i will like us to talk about it privately cheers .here is my number +852-95320781.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by biafrakwenu(m): 6:13am On May 13, 2013
Na you hold yourself, ask for somebody's hand in marriage and see whether u no go marry before end of this week.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by coputa(m): 6:14am On May 13, 2013
With your name i guess you are from the eastern part of the country...are you not selective..if not,dont you think its the huge amount they pay as bride price in the east that is scaring away suitors.....okay,let us look inward,.are you a wife material,do you have the qualities of a good wife,.are you not arrogant,snubish and proud,may be because you have a good job..,these are things that scares men away from a woman....if you are free from all these,then i will advice you to improve your social life...,join a group in your church, you can be an usher..attend parties viz marriages,birthdays,burials but not night clubs..be modest.,and also dont rent your own apartment yet,it will send a wrong message to the opposite sex....i wish you good luck.,

1 Like

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by adoken: 6:21am On May 13, 2013
Its nice you got the bile to come to Nairaland to express yourself,now use the same energy and stand before your mirror everyday and make positive confessions about your life and your dream man.you must be ready within you if you truly want to get married as a path to a lifetime journey or for the fun of it because Marriage is the only institution that has more than one matriculation and no convocation,we all celebrate weddings but nobody celebrates divorce.
My dear,in all honesty,if you truly are out to make yourself happy first,i mean genuinely happy then the right guy will naturally set in,if not,you will be surprised that in your bid to get married you would have ended up kissing all the frogs that comes your way in the anticipation that one might come with a golden tongue.Another food for thought,beware of the flashy cos i see from your writing that you are an up tight girl who likes to intimidate men with success and wealth,most real guys are made in the process, so being privileged to having what a guy could or couldn't to buy you should horn your spider senses to seeing beyond all that glitters.
Well got nothing much to say,just wishing you best of luck hence and when you finally nail a dude,don't forget to let us know so that we sharpen our dentition for the 'owambe' that follows
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by coputa(m): 6:24am On May 13, 2013
@Olawoletaiwo.....have you seen the person in question..how are you going to spend the rest of your life with somebody you have not seen or is it because she has a good job......
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by sayso: 7:11am On May 13, 2013
Happyness_Chima: I'm 31 And Nobody Is Asking My Hand In Marriage

Good day nairaland. I'm 31 years old female, single and unmarried. I want to get married by the end of this year by Gods grace. All the men that approach me either are unsettled yet or one problem or the other. At first I wasn't desperate, but I don't know what im doing wrong. I have a good job and travel to the UK often but still haven't met any man that's prepared for marriage. When I go out to have fun, my siblings start complaining that im attending parties and staying out late too much. Is it in our parlour a man will marry me? I'm trying to enjoy life by looking on to the bright side but still feel empty inside of me. What else can I do to get married at least by the end of the year? Any others I my shoes can input as well.

@OP with this type of attitude,you will be a very bad wife& Mother. No strings attached,you have not learned the basis and virtues of a real black woman.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Osas79: 7:22am On May 13, 2013
sayso:

@OP with this type of attitude,you will be a very bad wife& Mother. No strings attached,you have not learned the basis and virtues of a real black woman.

with this type of attitude, you will be a very bad husband & wife beater. No strings attached, you have not learned the basis of a REAL BLACK 21ST CENTURY MAN. Keep living in your old cutural pot-hole.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Osas79: 7:26am On May 13, 2013
Happyness_Chima:

Did you send a PM? My preference is 32 and above, and unmarried if possible. Aunty ID recommended you oo.lol

My next trip to naija is in a few months. I've been searching and also based overseas. Send me a private msg if you're interested. Let us skype, phone chat, exchange pictures and we can go from there based on compatibility.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Decryptor(m): 7:45am On May 13, 2013
2legit2qwt: LOl @ all the guys dropping their phone numbers HOWEVER,

I can never be genuinely interested in marrying a woman whom i have never seen or met personally just because she came to whine in an internet forum about not getting a husband! It spells desperation to me and a woman who is desperate Ȋ̝̊̅§ a huge turn-off for me. SMH at the guys who are dropping their digits and emails here! They are also in the same group with the OP. Desperate!!
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by leonshom(m): 7:54am On May 13, 2013
Your time would come, destiny is not easy to run from, ur age is not that bad. D UK stuff, wot dos dat got 2do wit ur issue? Dunno !

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Why Married Men Prefer Us To Their Wives - Commercial Sex Workers / 40 Hilarious Memes That Perfectly Sum Up Married Life / Cheating Husband Chats With Wife On Her Fake Facebook Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.