Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? (36309 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by RealMccoy2(m): 7:10pm On May 12, 2013
payless:

The poster is from River State. Click on his user name and find out. There are Igbos who are Christians, and how many times has anyone of them been allowed to contest for offices or been appointed as commisioners?
Dude NL is a faceless forum, yorubas reside in PH, warri, bonny, owerri and Aba. Odili and Amaechi are igbo names and are from River state. My friend's name is Segun and he is from Kwara state.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by ibitomisi: 7:10pm On May 12, 2013
[color=#990000][/color] mtn magic sim still hot call 08024319706
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Sike(m): 7:13pm On May 12, 2013
Christian or muslim Governor, who cares? As long as they deliver what is needed. Abegi!! #ItsNothing
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Policewoman(f): 7:13pm On May 12, 2013
krendo: The Commercial capital of democratic south should not be the exclusive property of Muslim Politicians!

Fashola we are watching

If you are backing a Muslim we will question whether no christain is qualified

ALHAJI LATEEF JAKANDE - MUSLIM
Bola Tinubu - Muslim
Fashola - Muslim
Hamzat - Muslim
FIXED grin grin
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by softmind24: 7:16pm On May 12, 2013
Real-Mccoy:
The only part of Nigeria I see religious intolerance is in northern nigeria. Just this morning fulani herdsmen went on killing spree in southern Kaduna. In Edo state there are mix of christian, muslim and traditionalist and for any region to say they are more tolerant than others is laughable. Oshiomhole is a muslim yet christians from edo state voted for him . The OP of this topic is from Lagos state and I think its mischievous of him to post such article .
oshiomhole is a xtian

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 12, 2013
In the history of Yoruba people religion has never been an issue....Ooni of Ife is a Muslim....Alaafin of Oyo is a Muslim...but they regularly attend churches and pray for people....qualification is what matters to the Yorubas...
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by confusion247(m): 7:17pm On May 12, 2013
shymexx: ^^^^Who cares if the governor is Muslim, Hindu, Pagan, or whatnot?

As long as the person is Yoruba and indigenous to the state, Lagosians will support him/her.

You lot need to take your religious bs away from Lagos; most people from there have Muslims, Christians, and Traditionalists in their families. undecided undecided undecided
a Nigerian. Remember this is one Nigeria as prescribed by Gowon and Awowlowo, so any Nigerian is qualified to rule anywhere anytime in Nigeria as far as he/she wins the election. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Rhino5dm: 7:18pm On May 12, 2013
Mogidi:

I see you refused to answer the crux of the matter. If religion and ethnicity plays no part, would you naptu2 allow an Igbo man to rule Lagos?

Start by allowing a Yoruba man to rule Anambra State.

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 12, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

Dude NL is a faceless forum, yorubas reside in PH, warri, bonny, owerri and Aba. Odili and Amaechi are igbo names and are from River state. My friend's name is Segun and he is from Kwara state.

I did internet foresnsic analysis on the poster and based on most of his/her posts it is obvious the poster came from River State.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by PeterKbaba: 7:19pm On May 12, 2013
FASHOLA IN DIFFERENT CHURCHES

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Navalsadiq(m): 7:19pm On May 12, 2013
shymexx: ^^^^Who cares if the governor is Muslim, Hindu, Pagan, or whatnot?

As long as the person is Yoruba and indigenous to the state, Lagosians will support him/her.

You lot need to take your religious bs away from Lagos; most people from there have Muslims, Christians, and Traditionalists in their families. undecided undecided undecided
oga there are only two acceptable religion in the country which is chritianity and islam.je ko ori e kpe.
hope i got that right
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by PeterKbaba: 7:20pm On May 12, 2013
FASHOLA IN CHURCHES

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 12, 2013
Naval sadiq: oga there are only two acceptable religion in the country which is chritianity and islam.je ko ori e kpe.
hope i got that right

I am a Nigerian and Budhist. It is a religion I adopted three years ago.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by PeterKbaba: 7:21pm On May 12, 2013
FASHOLA PREACHING IN CHURCH

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by bloggernaija: 7:21pm On May 12, 2013
eko ilee: This clearly shows that many Nigerians especially the ones outside the SW are still socially and culturally unsophisticated and undeveloped.

Cultural pigmies is the right word
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by RealMccoy2(m): 7:23pm On May 12, 2013
[quote author=softmind24] oshiomhole is a xtian[/quote name ]
Adams Aliyu Oshiomhole

I don't normally use Wikipedia to back an argument, the name above could easily tell you his religious affiliation
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by topazjosh(m): 7:24pm On May 12, 2013
Mogidi:

Apart from Otedola name me another democratically elected christian governor of Lagos state. Its impossible for a christian to rule Lagos.
Alhaji Obafemi Awolowo was not a muslim or was he?

I really don't know some people problem,I see this as nonsense,sw citizen are so comfortable with what they have yet you strangers keep crying,even though lagos haven't produce christian governor before howe has that decrease the popularity of christianity in lagos,meanwhile some mumu are claiming the firt religion to arrive in sw,is that what you should be saying here,when we are still try to keep some fools shut.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by ekoilee: 7:28pm On May 12, 2013
Arcard: A lagosian post a thread and u guys ar blamin it on se/ss

When you see bigoted nonsense like this thread, figuring out the source is never any form of rocket science, it's always ibo related and the OP is clearly ibo..

krendo:

Cant they use their office to complain to their colleague the Governor of Rivers to do something?

Cant they behind the scenes fund lawyers through Ohaneze to help traders who may not know their rights to defend their rights?

This is an attack on our people and these Governors can do something like helping a sensitization programme or providing legal defence to the oppressed.

Standing up for the rights of Igbos should not be about seeking the Presidency of Nigeria, if anything that should be the least need!

krendo: It breaks my heart when I see things like this. Where is Ohaneze Ndigbo when you need them? These traders obviously in most cases do not know their legal rights as Nigerians and are clearly being exploited!

They need the help of Ohaneze to deploy the best Lawyers we have to explore how best to defend the rights of Igbos whereever they are.

Spending time every 4years making noise about where the next President of Nigeria must come from is really of no use to anyone.

Ohaneze really need to refocus with the help of South East Governors in order to defend the rights of Igbos whereever they are.

We can not continue to allow our country to have it both ways. So long as we remain Nigerians then our rights as Nigerians must be respected and Ohaneze can help enforce it.

https://www.nairaland.com/1228353/injustice-disgrace-going-port-harcourt
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by RealMccoy2(m): 7:28pm On May 12, 2013
payless:

I did internet[b] foresnsic analysis[/b] on the poster and based on most of his/her posts it is obvious the poster came from River State.
Dude, slow down.....lol
BH is busy uploading videos on YouTube and Nigeria's government is telling us they are faceless. Bruv, I think I found a job for you.

2 Likes

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by dayolinks: 7:29pm On May 12, 2013
Very possible, just a matter of time
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Aksonman: 7:30pm On May 12, 2013
Dont u all think that FUNSO WILLIAMS was killed cos he was christian?

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 12, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

Dude, slow down.....lol
BH is busy uploading videos on YouTube and Nigeria's government is telling us they are faceless. Bruv, I think I found a job for you.

Would they let me do the job? I am a criminologist by profession anyway. All the security agencies in Nigeria need to do to track them is to follow the ip addresses of those posting the videos on youtube.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Reyspin(m): 7:32pm On May 12, 2013
krendo: The Commercial capital of democratic south should not be the exclusive property of Muslim Politicians!

Fashola we are watching

Bola Tinubu - Muslim
Fashola - Muslim
Hamzat - Muslim
Does it Really Matter Are they not Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by victorazy(m): 7:32pm On May 12, 2013
Yes! I will be it
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Samxiulee: 7:33pm On May 12, 2013
shymexx:

That's what most of them don't know. Islam was prominent amongst Yoruba's way before Christianity and Uthman Dan Fodio. And a lot of Yoruba Muslim scholars schooled In Timbuktu under the tutelage of Baba Ahmed, when Songhai reigned supreme in West Africa.

I seriously don't believe that Islam came to the southwest before ustman Dan fodio era,btw before the grater part of what use to be the old lagos was include to make the present state,most lagosian were traditional and Christians,with a good number of Muslims.
@ op we just don't give a Zap about religion in politics,all we want is the best man/woman for the job.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by ekoilee: 7:34pm On May 12, 2013
Reyspin: Does it Really Matter Are they not Nigerians

Shows how sadly crude, brainless and backward some people are...

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by dozieo(m): 7:34pm On May 12, 2013

Fashola we are watching

Bola Tinubu - Muslim
Fashola - Muslim
Hamzat - Muslim

This is why we will remain backward,why don't we elect someone because of his/her track record and ability to delivery not over some useless religious demarcations that have not helped us develop!
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Samxiulee: 7:36pm On May 12, 2013
Akson man: Dont u all think that FUNSO WILLIAMS was killed cos he was christian?
Nah he was killed cos he was in pdp,the killer party.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by RealMccoy2(m): 7:37pm On May 12, 2013
[quoteyouauthor=payless]

Would they let me do the job? I am a criminologist by profession anyway. All the security agencies in Nigeria need to do to track them is to follow the ip addresses of those posting the videos on youtube.[/quote]
Would you assist in investigating the death of Funsho Williams and that of Bola Ige as mentioned by some one here? Anyways, I am off this thread cos It's a haven for ethnic gathering. ...*zooming to romance section*
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 12, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

Would you assist in investigating the death of Funsho Williams and that of Bola Ige as mentioned by some one here? Anyways, I am off this thread cos It's a haven for ethnic gathering. ...*zooming to romance section*

Funsho William and Bola Ige killings? Of course!
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by YorubaPolitic: 7:41pm On May 12, 2013
the next political bridge for Lagos State to cross is that of gender. We have had female deputy Governor. We need Female Governor!
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by tintingz(m): 7:41pm On May 12, 2013
Akson man: Dont u all think that FUNSO WILLIAMS was killed cos he was christian?
you must be a clown...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Restoration Of Manhood By Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin - Pictures / Man Runs Towards Moroccan King's Car During Motorcade With Pope Francis / That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.