Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,064 members, 7,810,967 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

..... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / ..... (1804 Views)

Is Marriage Without Pre-marital S** Still Possible? / She's 4 Years Older And Wants Marriage / Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

..... by trueman1(m): 2:25pm On May 12, 2013
Re: ..... by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 12, 2013
My advice, don't marry this woman. You don't love her. From the look of things, looks like shes the one doing all the asking. grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: ..... by Rocktation(f): 8:13pm On May 12, 2013
Well advicing her is not enough. Why don't you help her start up the biz since it's going to be rewarding for you too? I mean working-together-and-building-up-financially, has never made more sense to me. undecided
Re: ..... by adconline(m): 9:06pm On May 12, 2013
Rocktation: Well advicing her is not enough. Why don't you help her start up the biz since it's going to be rewarding for you too? I mean working-together-and-building-up-financially, has never made more sense to me. undecided
It takes more than love for marriage to happen. Wedding is paid for with money not love, rent is paid for with money not love, kids are also taken care of with money. So the man is not asking for too much. Dump her if she doesn't want to do anything to contribute.

1 Like

Re: ..... by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 12, 2013
Rocktation: Well advicing her is not enough. Why don't you help her start up the biz since it's going to be rewarding for you too? I mean working-together-and-building-up-financially, has never made more sense to me. undecided

investing financially in someone that you are NOT married to (or that you do not picture yourself marrying "yet"wink is not a wise move. the guy is already helping her by giving her the proper direction in where she should focus, instead of marriage. he should now sit back and study her......as he wrote, nobody wants to settle for a liability.

@OP
continue doing what you believe is right, dont be forced or blackmailed into doing something that you know is wrong. btw, how did she react when you told her to go get some income?
Re: ..... by its22078: 10:16pm On May 12, 2013
ur right to hesitate to marry a woman without a job. Stick to your guns
Re: ..... by 25omega(m): 10:35pm On May 12, 2013
why should he help her get a direction in life? i mean for God sake she is 29 as the poster said. if she doesn't know that these days you need to get up and do something then she will have problems down the line because beauty fades

poster you did nothing wrong you have only dated for 5 months and i bet in those five months she has asked for more than she has worked for. Abeg dont go down the road of marrying a liability
Re: ..... by Rocktation(f): 12:12am On May 13, 2013
^^well for one, getting a direction in life will make her his wife, from everything he's said up there. I mean, he's done all the picturing that needs to be done already. He doesn't care if he's dated her for just two hours or one week. Neither did he lay any other complaint on why he cannot get married to her.
The only bad thing stopping this union, is her jobless state. Fortunately, he believes in working together and building up financially, and doesn't care how miserly the pay she brings in, will be. So sure, he can set up something petty for "them". Or how detrimental can petty be to his comfortable financial life?

Oh don't we just miss those times when society's expectations from both genders were clear-cut and men were ever willing to claim ownership of every breath we drew? Now, i just don't know why women may not be expected to share the trousers in relationships, even though the same society is fast making it compulsory that they share in men's responsiblities, from time immemorial. Imagine men relaying tragic tales of wedding bills and rent now. Sad.

1 Like

Re: ..... by adconline(m): 1:10pm On May 13, 2013
Rocktation: ^^well for one, getting a direction in life will make her his wife, from everything he's said up there. I mean, he's done all the picturing that needs to be done already. He doesn't care if he's dated her for just two hours or one week. Neither did he lay any other complaint on why he cannot get married to her.
The only bad thing stopping this union, is her jobless state. Fortunately, he believes in working together and building up financially, and doesn't care how miserly the pay she brings in, will be. So sure, he can set up something petty for "them". Or how detrimental can petty be to his comfortable financial life?

Oh don't we just miss those times when society's expectations from both genders were clear-cut and men were ever willing to claim ownership of every breath we drew? Now, i just don't why women may not be expected to share the trousers in relationships, even though the same society is fast making it compulsory that they share in men's responsiblities, from time immemorial. Imagine men relaying tragic tales of wedding bills and rent now. Sad.

Time for a reality check! Marriage is a costly venture that must be funded and paid for in order for love to flourish.
Re: ..... by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 13, 2013
@ op, from the tone in your post, its evident you don't even like her.
If you did, you won't come here asking for advice, you would already know what to do.
Re: ..... by WorldwarIII: 10:53pm On May 13, 2013
At times I wonder when the female folks are just too quick to defend theirs without thinking through.. They are always playing the victim.. Unnecessary solidarity! .. She shld go and get a job and prevent being a future liability... Ladies, show some pride, bring little stuffs with you wen packing to ur husband's house after marriage, don't show up with an empty nylon bag!
Re: ..... by adconline(m): 11:26pm On May 13, 2013
AmBeautiful: @ op, from the tone in your post, its evident you don't even like her.
If you did, you won't come here asking for advice, you would already know what to do.

Likeness doesn't pay the bill... Get it in ur head!
Re: ..... by Nobody: 9:00am On May 14, 2013
adconline:
Likeness doesn't pay the bill... Get it in ur head!

But it sure does make life easier and working for money without love is worst than love with no money.

1 Like

Re: ..... by Nobody: 9:22am On May 14, 2013
From your post, it seems she really doesn't want to do anything or do any work. Some Nigerian ladies are like that. They have been trained to believe that all they need to do in Life is give birth and do house chores. No real vision dream or ambition. Their biggest dream is to marry a hardworking man like u. I wouldn't want to get myself involved in that. Op, run. In this age considering the state of the Nigerian economy, the woman also must work and bring something in. She apparently isn't willing to do that. She just wants to get married to you so she can become full time housewife and baby making machine. Is that what u want? If yes, go for it. If No, you know what to do.

(1) (Reply)

Investigating Coza's Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo And Ese Walter's Sex Scandal. / . / Natural Ways For Getting Big Breasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.