Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,253 members, 7,957,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:55 PM

She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon (2336 Views)

Help! She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Change...... / She Threatens To Kill Herself Because Of Love / She's 18, And She Threatens Fire And Brimstone!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by GENERALG2(m): 8:31pm On May 13, 2013
I've been dating this girl for 4 years and she just told me that she intends to leave me if I don't get a job within a couple of months.
I can't believe she could even think of this. I have been providing her needs from the little I make in my small biz and income from small jobs.
I spend more money on her than I do on myself. She;s in school cos I helped her get in, but it seems she may have met someone else in the school I helped her get into.

We have been really great together and I have been seriously searching for a good job. I have sent several applications and submitted my cv's countless times to several places both online and offline.

She has never given me any info to aid me in my job search, that is why I feel so sad that she could be considering walking away from me after 4 years.

God will wipe away my tears and give me joy.

I need your advice peeps
Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by Coldfeet(f): 8:39pm On May 13, 2013
Op its best she leaves!!! Who knows her exit may open that door that has refused to open for you!! It will hurt tthats for sure but kknow this its gonna make you strive and work harder for u succeed.

4 Likes

Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by greatgod2012(f): 8:58pm On May 13, 2013
GENERAL G2: I've been dating this girl for 4 years and she just told me that she intends to leave me if I don't get a job within a couple of months.
I can't believe she could even think of this. I have been providing her needs from the little I make in my small biz and income from small jobs.
I spend more money on her than I do on myself. She;s in school cos I helped her get in, but it seems she may have met someone else in the school I helped her get into.

We have been really great together and I have been seriously searching for a good job. I have sent several applications and submitted my cv's countless times to several places both online and offline.

She has never given me any info to aid me in my job search, that is why I feel so sad that she could be considering walking away from me after 4 years.

I need your advice peeps

dear op, please, if she want to leave, let her go please, all things work together for good for those who love God. I can say, God loves you and delibrately allowed you to still be unemployed, in order to see the real picture of the woman you intend to spend the rest of your life with, please, dont beg her, if she want to leave, God will provide another lady who will be ready to be through thick and thin with you and you will both enjoy your lives together till old age.

From what you said she said and the ultimatum she gave you, i derive these may likely happen if you both eventually get married...........
*shes the type that will leave you if you suddenly lose your job after marriage.
*shes the type that will leave you if you suddenly fall seriously sick or involve in accident(God forbid).
*shes the type that can run away with another guy, if she discover that the other guy is richer or wealthier than you.
*shes the type that do not believe in enduring any hard or difficult times with men, hence, may abandon you when such time arises.
*shes the type that will always talk about "me", "i" and not "we", "us" in marriage, and such selfish attitude is not healthy in marriage.
*shes the type that will always compare her marriage with other marriages that seems to be more financially stable than hers.
*shes the type that will always complain about you not giving enough money for her upkeep and for her folks.

Lucky you, God is giving you the opportunity of shining your eyes, you better do, love is no longer blind, open your eyes well, before you use your two legs to walk into an everlasting trap and unnecessary ultimatums, which may lead to unending regrets.
May God help you.

9 Likes

Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by biolabee(m): 9:07pm On May 13, 2013
Coldfeet: Op its best she leaves!!! Who knows her exit may open that door that has refused to open for you!! It will hurt tthats for sure but kknow this its gonna make you strive and work harder for u succeed.

OP there was a thread opened some time ago https://www.nairaland.com/1244857/why-blame-wives about the importance of relationships and their tole in helping or hindering one's destiny
I believe that God uses people or lets people leave your life for certain reasons

Why dont you go to the Source and commit all in to his hands
A friend of mine left Lagos for Kaduna years ago knowing nobody and he is doing well now
Another ledt Makurdi (assured job etc) after NYSC because she thought lag was better - for the last 3 years now, she has nothing

Dont fret - Be Still and lets things happen
Your end is better than the beginning
Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by mkoabiola: 9:23pm On May 13, 2013
@op somtim ago,my gal threaten to leav and I told her she is very free.now am a big boy with cash.
She is d best looser.

1 Like

Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 13, 2013
Tell her dis:

1 Like

Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by starlightRR(m): 9:35pm On May 13, 2013
>>~~~~~~~~~>>>>>
Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by starlightRR(m): 9:35pm On May 13, 2013
cheap threat..... she is already gone, she just wanna use "no job" threat as an excuse to quit on you

her leaving will give you the much drive n luck to succeed in life....

**thinking outside the box**
how old is she.... cause age factor can make her desperate for marriage
Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by troy20(m): 9:45pm On May 13, 2013
so u are one of those guys wey just de fall our hands abi.she don chop ur head i swear.if na ur fellow guy nw u go de form hard man.mugu
Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by switdick(m): 10:31pm On May 13, 2013
You know what to do, Let her Go.
Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:50pm On May 13, 2013
Dude, how many times wld u be told dt, whatever u will regret later, dnt do it!

Let nobody, either male or female come here as a cry baby! At least, she no use juju.

U even mumu to d extent of lavishing on her while u and ur biz suffers!

See, it swings both ways. Guys do so to gurls too. U shld av learnt 90% of such generosity never go positively

1 Like

Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by firetrap(m): 11:01pm On May 13, 2013
Op when a lady starts giving ultimatums, shes' found someone else. Believe me when I tell u that I know how hard it is, especially in a long term relationship such as yours but you'll get over it with time. Don't go and get just any job because u want to keep her. U may end up doing something u have no flair for which will in turn put more strain on ur relationship. When the right job comes so will the right woman with whom you'll have as much fun if not more than ur having with ur current girl
Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by sakaguchi(m): 11:45pm On May 13, 2013
I have heard this type of story a thousand times. What I don't know is why folks like you don't learn.
Hmm, anyway, she is gone and is only looking for a reason, I would advice you to let her do the moonwalk. Who knows, this might spur you to achieve greater things.
Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by Nobody: 12:40am On May 14, 2013
Let her walk.
Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by sKeetz(m): 12:44am On May 14, 2013
@ op, so u've been fornicating with a girl who's not ur wife and ur here complaining that she wants to leave you.

You have a fully furnished apartment in hell waiting for you!
angry
Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by Nnekacherry: 3:52am On May 14, 2013
Let her go..
There are many girls who will love and appreciate you just the way you are..
Every disappointment is a blessing in disguise..
Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by Mynd44: 7:13am On May 14, 2013
**singing**
when a woman's fed up
Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by Exponental(m): 7:38am On May 14, 2013
Let her go......she probably is d one denying u of ur glory.
Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by DECOtech(m): 8:40am On May 14, 2013
Doors did not open for me untill my ex left me. Plaese you can even show her d door, stay away frm fornication n turn to God. Who knows if she has not been a hinderance to you all these years. It worked for me, it will certainly work for u.

1 Like

Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by DECOtech(m): 8:50am On May 14, 2013
mko abiola: @op somtim ago,my gal threaten to leav and I told her she is very free.now am a big boy with cash.
She is d best looser.
Corret levels!!!
Na so e dey suppose be!!!
Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by Mynd44: 10:47am On May 14, 2013
DECOtech:
Corret levels!!!
Na so e dey suppose be!!!
Na so jare
Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by zeongeon: 12:03pm On May 14, 2013
Poster the energy ur using to complain and fret use that same energy to kick her out of ur life..then chaNnel ur energy to making a better life for yourself..I will always say men are d reason why gurls mess up..imagine a gurl threatening u that she will leave U and ur fretting,cryin and gnashing ur teeth are u a man at all....FrEe her!!!!! Be focused, make a life for urself and b successful and see whether u won't complain of having to many gurls around..b a man and throw that girl out the window of ur LIFE
Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by firetrap(m): 1:00pm On May 14, 2013
my fellow Nairalander, please do not be quick to tell him to kick her out of his life cos its not easy. no one has ever thought about it from the girls point of view. no one wants to suffer and in as much as the foundation of every relationship should be love, money is also important and helps the relationship become more enjoyable. if her reason of hiving him that ultimatum is to spur him on or encourage him to get something doing then I don't see anything wrong in it but if its cos of her selfish interest then the op should do what his mind tells him

1 Like

Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by GENERALG2(m): 1:29pm On May 14, 2013
zeongeon: Poster the energy ur using to complain and fret use that same energy to kick her out of ur life..then chaNnel ur energy to making a better life for yourself..I will always say men are d reason why gurls mess up..imagine a gurl threatening u that she will leave U and ur fretting,cryin and gnashing ur teeth are u a man at all....FrEe her!!!!! Be focused, make a life for urself and b successful and see whether u won't complain of having to many gurls around..b a man and throw that girl out the window of ur LIFE

Truth is I've been so faithful to this girl, that's why I feel sad. To whom much is given, much is expected.
I don't define myself by the size of my bank account. I have plans, prospects and vision.

I work hard in my little biz, and use what comes from it to cater for her needs and mine. I try to provide her school fees, pocket money etc. Fact is,I don't withhold anything from her as long as I can provide it.
Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by GENERALG2(m): 1:32pm On May 14, 2013
firetrap: my fellow Nairalander, please do not be quick to tell him to kick her out of his life cos its not easy. no one has ever thought about it from the girls point of view. no one wants to suffer and in as much as the foundation of every relationship should be love, money is also important and helps the relationship become more enjoyable. if her reason of hiving him that ultimatum is to spur him on or encourage him to get something doing then I don't see anything wrong in it but if its cos of her selfish interest then the op should do what his mind tells him

How much is enough for a lady?
If you could support her education, provide monthly allowance to cover her feeding, rent and clothing, don't you think it's fair to say you're doing much with the little you have?
Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by biolabee(m): 1:33pm On May 14, 2013
GENERAL G2:

Truth is I've been so faithful to this girl, that's why I feel sad. To whom much is given, much is expected.
I don't define myself by the size of my bank account. I have plans, prospects and vision.

I work hard in my little biz, and use what comes from it to cater for her needs and mine. I try to provide her school fees, pocket money etc. Fact is,I don't withhold anything from her as long as I can provide it.

Focus that capital on the biz and let it grow
Maybe your destiny is telling you you are not meant together

1 Like

Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by shizzle11(m): 1:34pm On May 14, 2013
Coldfeet: Op its best she leaves!!! Who knows her exit may open that door that has refused to open for you!! It will hurt tthats for sure but kknow this its gonna make you strive and work harder for u succeed.

I concur!
Calling it quits with someone you've dated for 4yours will hurt and will a while to heal. Sometimes when you think your life will crumble, that will actually be the turning point in your life. It could even be her presence that has been holding back your progress.

And yes, she must have met someone whose prolly better off than you and gives her lots of money, only using your not having a good job as an excuse, such is the life of MOST women. Be a man, since she wants to leave, let her be, I bet u'll be happier for it later
Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by Monicasque(f): 2:05pm On May 14, 2013
let the ungrateful cow go. she aint worth all your energy. she is clearly going to regret her move in the future but it will be too late coz you will be mine then wink

1 Like

Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by Ucheosefoh(m): 2:10pm On May 14, 2013
greatgod2012:

dear op, please, if she want to leave, let her go please, all things work together for good for those who love God. I can say, God loves you and delibrately allowed you to still be unemployed, in order to see the real picture of the woman you intend to spend the rest of your life with, please, dont beg her, if she want to leave, God will provide another lady who will be ready to be through thick and thin with you and you will both enjoy your lives together till old age.

From what you said she said and the ultimatum she gave you, i derive these may likely happen if you both eventually get married...........
*shes the type that will leave you if you suddenly lose your job after marriage.
*shes the type that will leave you if you suddenly fall seriously sick or involve in accident(God forbid).
*shes the type that can run away with another guy, if she discover that the other guy is richer or wealthier than you.
*shes the type that do not believe in enduring any hard or difficult times with men, hence, may abandon you when such time arises.
*shes the type that will always talk about "me", "i" and not "we", "us" in marriage, and such selfish attitude is not healthy in marriage.
*shes the type that will always compare her marriage with other marriages that seems to be more financially stable than hers.
*shes the type that will always complain about you not giving enough money for her upkeep and for her folks.

Lucky you, God is giving you the opportunity of shining your eyes, you better do, love is no longer blind, open your eyes well, before you use your two legs to walk into an everlasting trap and unnecessary ultimatums, which may lead to unending regrets.
May God help you.
One million likes I luv this advise @op dnt ignore it
Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by Nobody: 11:35pm On May 14, 2013
GENERAL G2: I've been dating this girl for 4 years and she just told me that she intends to leave me if I don't get a job within a couple of months.

I need your advice peeps

my brother, GOD will definitely wipe your tears away, amen,
Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by Z8(m): 8:21am On May 15, 2013
My brother let that gal go. even after the getting the job let her go. she's not worth it
Re: She Threatens To Leave If I Don't Get A Job Soon by lanre80(m): 10:36am On May 15, 2013
@ Op
All has been said. I read through your post and followed statements, and i found out that your case is just like mine. Talking about admission, assigments, pockect money, money for hairdo etc all these i provided. But she left with same excuse admidst all plea from me, families and friends. In my own case i think she gave five months but left after only two months. Later, I got to know she was dating a guy from her place(~he has a job, a car etc). But then i had this strenght within me that i will make it. Two months after she left me, i got a good paying job with an official car, laptop, phone etc. But do you know what happened to my ex? Her new man left her. Though we're still friends, It's been two years, she still searching while i'm married to a more beautiful woman who also has a well paying job.
pls be cheerful and hold onto God. He will surely come to your rescue.e

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Relationships Nowadays / 3 Solid Reasons U Must Avoid Pre-marital Sex / I Love Her But I Don't Think She Has Feelings For Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.