Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,910 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 (25848 Views)

Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan Addresses Press Corp In Geneva (LIVE PHOTOS) / Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) / Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 14, 2013
What happens in a state of emergency
What are people rejoicing for
Will it make Boko Haram start sharing chewing gum to the natives?
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by IYANGBALI: 7:31pm On May 14, 2013
Policewoman: PLEASE MAKE UNA UPDATE ME ON WETIN HIM TALK, MY TV DON SPOIL angry
shut up,you get tv before?no be your neighbour,s house you dey watch black and white tv.
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by Reference(m): 7:31pm On May 14, 2013
alnaijiri: State of Emergency in the North is a codeword for restricting democracy and autonomy of the Muslim North and subjugate Muslims under this Xtian Crusader government. We know this is what the South wants. Maybe they're bankrolling BH and other "Islamic" groups all along to get what they want.

Then why not deal with mess yourselves. Most southerners that I know want out of this country even those who hitherto wanted an agreement to stay. I don't know if any sane minded person who wants to rule over people so in.... Let me leave it there.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by vanstanzy(m): 7:32pm On May 14, 2013
alnaijiri: State of Emergency in the North is a codeword for restricting democracy and autonomy of the Muslim North and subjugate Muslims under this Xtian Crusader government. We know this is what the South wants. Maybe they're bankrolling BH and other "Islamic" groups all along to get what they want.

How come the statement in purple is a problem to the entire muslim North?? This Islamic religion is driving u people "nutts", sorry to say.
Mind u, State of Emergency in the North will even keep ur so-called northern muslim brothers "ALIVE!".
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by dayokanu(m): 7:32pm On May 14, 2013
[size=14pt]Upon declaration of a State of Emergency, The governors should be removed.

Are the governors of these states going to be removed?[/size]
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by cutieconcept: 7:32pm On May 14, 2013
My bad- state of emergency in 3 states,not 4states. First time Mr President will speak so fiercely
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 14, 2013
o boy see the number of jobless people wey dey view this thread. I dey fear o!
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by xynerise: 7:33pm On May 14, 2013
Finally, the long awaited State of Emergency has been declared.
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by barikay: 7:33pm On May 14, 2013
probsolver:

I tire for jonah. Well dats another type of emergency. We 2 types of state of emergency, full and semi full state of emergency
hahaha I think that statement was to console d governors. Hope, no one play politics with these state of emergency? Kano should have followed. Bh may relocate fully to kano
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by alnaijiri(m): 7:33pm On May 14, 2013
JaaizTech:

Bros.lets stop being in denial. Boko-Haram exists for real, they are not hidden, Boko-Haram membership is openly and confidently professed in Yobe, Borno. This is a problem from the Northern Muslim Ummah,we shouldn't be shy or too ashamed to come to terms with it. so lets face it and tackle it instead of trying comfort ourselves in unfounded theories.

You're missing the point. Also their membership is not openly professed. Far from the truth.

Afam4evaIsASlut:
Sure, he should just leave the North to bomb themselves to smithereens then when theres nobody else to kill up North they'll move their deadly operations to the East and the West.
Very smart, Alhaji.

If you hate us so much, you wouldn't care about all the bombings up north. So you must have an ulterior motive in militarily occupying the North.

You both sound like you've never even been up North.
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by seribroo56(m): 7:33pm On May 14, 2013
o boi see how many people dey view only one topic after una go say nothin concern u 4 9ja mater
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by IYANGBALI: 7:33pm On May 14, 2013
noskeybaba: Is it just M̶̲̅ε̲̣ or does anyone else feel the aggressive way Jonathan spoke today? He has had enough of this nonsense. He even told the military τ̅☺ use all necessary measures. That's good he's doing something.
all na film trick
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by ZeusI: 7:33pm On May 14, 2013
Why do Nigerians rage, and the people plots together, against God and against his anointed(Jonah)... The Lord laughs at them and their feeble plots...kiss the child(jonah) lest he get vexed and cast his cord upon you all...
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by dino2006(m): 7:33pm On May 14, 2013
Gud move. Buh y leav out Kano in dis arrangement?
I fear dis Zombies would wanna port to neighbourin states whre dey alrdy hav som influence, lik Kaduna, Bauchi.
The govt better tighten up both interstate and d country's border security as a whole.
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 14, 2013
GEJ wont tell us anything new. He told us about freshair, yet we are experiencing hotair. He told us about Sure-P, yet we haven't seen any Sure Industries, Employment or new refineries and infrastructural Developments which he promised when he increased fuel prices. He swore by the Bible he will protect and defend Nigerians from being killed, yet Boko Haram is ravaging us, and to tackle corruption, yet corruption continues to flourish with impunity without abating, while Nigerians continue to wallow in poverty and decaying institutions. So, what else is he going to tell us now that will be worth trusting or believing? It will be all talks and no actions as usual. Can we bet?
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by cutieconcept: 7:35pm On May 14, 2013
My bad- state of emergency declared in 3 states,not 4. First time Mr President will speak so fiercely
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by viruz007(m): 7:35pm On May 14, 2013
TUFIA!!! See crowd for the thread... Sha following for update... cool

GEJ nice move...
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by vanstanzy(m): 7:35pm On May 14, 2013
gentleoyink:

This poster is a fool.

BIG TIME! angry
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by Smartluv(m): 7:35pm On May 14, 2013
u r nt wt ur sense by makin dis comment,all dis killings in d north since wht is it all about. Keep ur mouth shout if u dnt knw what to say.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by Aizebioje(m): 7:35pm On May 14, 2013
Possible but who has the time?
Ignoramus! Even with the glaring evidence that BH is 100% Northern you are still spewing thrash.
Omonozozo

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by Donbrig: 7:35pm On May 14, 2013
GEJ has just won the heart of millions of Nigerians. I like his boldness, that is what we've been missing from a real Bayelsan. Never take a quiet man for a fool. If 2015 election were to be held next week, it would have been a landslide victory for GEJ. Proud of my president once again.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by alnaijiri(m): 7:35pm On May 14, 2013
Reference:

Then why not deal with mess yourselves. Most southerners that I know want out of this country even those who hitherto wanted an agreement to stay. I don't know if any sane minded person who wants to rule over people so in.... Let me leave it there.

It's not that simple. Don't believe everything the media says.
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by Aizebioje(m): 7:36pm On May 14, 2013
Possible but who has the time?
Ignoramus! Even with the glaring evidence that BH is 100% Northern you are still spewing thrash.
Omonozozo!
OZUWOO

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 14, 2013
alnaijiri:

I don't want to see. I've already seen how the federal government betrayed the Niger Deltans. Look at Bayelsa today, poor and undeveloped as ever.
my brother, the future is bright. The present is getting brighter. Dont worry, u'll see whether u like it or not...unless u go blind...i dont wish that for u shaa. God is helping us in our country. Pray for ur leaders, ACT like a good citizen wherever u are. Pray for 2015. And buckle up for the ride to peace, development, prosperity, and light that will rock and shock the world
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by FunnyPikincom(m): 7:37pm On May 14, 2013
FunnyPikin.com:
Im smelling the declaration of stare of emergency tonight. Nov Gov, Take note
I said it grin grin
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by ZACHIE: 7:37pm On May 14, 2013
alnaijiri:

Compared with the pagan and idolatrous (Xtian) Southerners, the Muslim North is much more human.

WITH THIS YOUR HARVEST OF DEATHS IN THE NORTH?
IDOLATRY IS INDEED HUMAN
BLOODY VERMINS
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 14, 2013
And 5 years from now , they will say this waz what made nigeria disintegrate..
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 14, 2013
just 3 states ?
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by moodswing(m): 7:37pm On May 14, 2013

You should be ashamed of yourself.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by alnaijiri(m): 7:38pm On May 14, 2013
vanstanzy:

How come the statement in purple is a problem to the entire muslim North?? This Islamic religion is driving u people "nutts", sorry to say.
Mind u, State of Emergency in the North will even keep ur so-called northern muslim brothers "ALIVE!".

The Nigerian army is a blood-thirsty lot of the lowest scums of society. They will commit atrocities in Xtian areas talkless of the Muslim North. This is a tragedy.

It's not the Federal Republic of Nigeria, but the Republic of Southern Nigeria and her colony, the Muslim Northern Nigeria. Abuja is a colonial regime.
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 14, 2013
Mtchew... Una de watch GEJ..#drinking milk straight from human source

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Jonathan Creates New Office, Appoints Tukur As 'Ambassador At Large' / Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date / Olu Falae Admits Paying Ransom To Kidnappers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.