Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 (25846 Views)

Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan Addresses Press Corp In Geneva (LIVE PHOTOS) / Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) / Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 14, 2013
azpekuliar:

Not every leader is gifted with oratory. He's no Obama!

He certainly is an exception, all leaders,perhaps the great ones are/were good orators.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by moodswing(m): 7:24pm On May 14, 2013
Thank you GEJ. Now you've acted my an able president that you are. Long live the federal republic of Nigeria, long live my president.
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 14, 2013
Pls tell me what he said on power? No vex I de library lipsrsealed
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by danjalingo: 7:25pm On May 14, 2013
Okoro2015:
May God guide and direct the President and Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Amen

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by probsolver: 7:25pm On May 14, 2013
click2cbn: Yobe, Borno n Adamawa!!!! Y Adamawa? Y not Kano!! N how can u declare a state of emergency n d Governors are left to still b on seat? Oh Jonah!!!!!!

I tire for jonah. Well dats another type of emergency. We 2 types of state of emergency, full and semi full state of emergency
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by modextus(m): 7:25pm On May 14, 2013
babyosisi:

He didn't include Kano ?
Buttu why?
guy come τ̲̅ȍ kano Λn∂ see thrs no p hia aabeg!
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by Vincent41(m): 7:25pm On May 14, 2013
sammyzacks: Jona is here

what a confused and blind man leading us.......#spit on de ground# tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by alnaijiri(m): 7:26pm On May 14, 2013
Chibuebem: you're wrong. Good will come out of this. You'll see.

I don't want to see. I've already seen how the federal government betrayed the Niger Deltans. Look at Bayelsa today, poor and undeveloped as ever.
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by noskeybaba: 7:26pm On May 14, 2013
Is it just M̶̲̅ε̲̣ or does anyone else feel the aggressive way Jonathan spoke today? He has had enough of this nonsense. He even told the military τ̅☺ use all necessary measures. That's good he's doing something.
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 14, 2013
nijanigga: Hope jona will relay the information below;
More worries for Nija's oil. America will be the largest exporter of oil by 2015."North America has set off a supply shock that is sending ripples throughout the world,". I think the 2015 break-up of Nigeria is real.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-oil-boom-leaves-opec-111316495.html

It is going to be a rude awakening to those who rely on oil in Nigeria as source of income. We cannot continue to rely on oil as our main source of income and compete in 21st century. Many countries are now developing alternative source to oil.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by JaaizTech: 7:26pm On May 14, 2013
alnaijiri: State of Emergency in the North is a codeword for restricting democracy and autonomy of the Muslim North and subjugate Muslims under this Xtian Crusader government. We know this is what the South wants. Maybe they're bankrolling BH and other "Islamic" groups all along to get what they want.

Bros.lets stop being in denial. Boko-Haram exists for real, they are not hidden, Boko-Haram membership is openly and confidently professed in Yobe, Borno. This is a problem from the Northern Muslim Ummah,we shouldn't be shy or too ashamed to come to terms with it. so lets face it and tackle it instead of trying comfort ourselves in unfounded theories.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 14, 2013
Tufiakwa
See the number viewing this thread?
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by Afam4evaIsASlut: 7:26pm On May 14, 2013
alnaijiri: State of Emergency in the North is a codeword for restricting democracy and autonomy of the Muslim North and subjugate Muslims under this Xtian Crusader government. We know this is what the South wants. Maybe they're bankrolling BH and other "Islamic" groups all along to get what they want.

Sure, he should just leave the North to bomb themselves to smithereens then when theres nobody else to kill up North they'll move their deadly operations to the East and the West.

Very smart, Alhaji.
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by Gooogle(m): 7:27pm On May 14, 2013
Abeg someone educate me on the difference between what is on now and state of emergency.
How does it work in the Nigeria context.
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by nikkyshyne(f): 7:27pm On May 14, 2013
IYA NGBALI: na lie. Diction 2/10, tone 3/10,dressing 5/10 and decree 0/10 TOTAL 10/40 carry over course advised to withdraw and go into fishing or selling of tombo liquor
lol. You know you'r cray!! cheesy
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by Policewoman(f): 7:27pm On May 14, 2013
PLEASE MAKE UNA UPDATE ME ON WETIN HIM TALK, MY TV DON SPOIL angry
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by HZwriters: 7:27pm On May 14, 2013
HOPE IT WILL BE EFFECTIVE.
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by nijanigga: 7:28pm On May 14, 2013
I thought the state of emergency he declared in some of the north-eastern states are still in effect. Useless and senseless speech.
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by iwanchop(m): 7:28pm On May 14, 2013
Why declare s state of emergency in Adamawa?
I smell something there,the president doesn't want it to look political
Borno and Yobe are controlled by opposition parties hence he was looking for a scapegoat (PDP controlled state) to partially balance it politically.He found the scapegoat in Adamawa.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 14, 2013
Abeg make dem try show the live video coverage of soldiers putting boots on the soil of those states. :- \
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by IYANGBALI: 7:28pm On May 14, 2013
babyosisi: What did he say please?
Na speech we go chop?
he said aunty patience don get belle again,because of this good news, he declared 7 days of mourning

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by Jadela(m): 7:28pm On May 14, 2013
Pls, what does this "state of emergency" mean to a common man on d street? What does it translate to? I just want a comprehensive analysis of how the atmosphere in those states would be. Anybody pls?
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by Nosyke(m): 7:28pm On May 14, 2013
cutieconcept: He just declared state of emergency in four states!

Please change your black and white TV and get your self a coloured one. It is 3 states(Yobe, Borno and Adamawa) not Four.

Cheiii, you can lie sha ooo
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by Boboedom: 7:29pm On May 14, 2013
Our president sounded very presidential today. My confidence is restored, there is still hope in the horizon in JESUS name for Nigeria. GEJ for 2015......if there is unterrupted electricityoooooo. But really it is about time. Goodluck Nigeria.
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by cupid4ig(m): 7:29pm On May 14, 2013
Vincent 4:

what a confused and blind man leading us.......#spit on de ground# tufiakwa
why dont u hang ur self? tongue tongue
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 14, 2013
Gooogle: Abeg someone educate me on the difference between what is on now and state of emergency.
How does it work in the Nigeria context.

I want to know too
Is it an order for the JTF to go in and mow down the place as they deem fit?
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by 50calibre(m): 7:29pm On May 14, 2013

See the sh*t dropping out of your mouth.
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by HZwriters: 7:29pm On May 14, 2013
Policewoman: PLEASE MAKE UNA UPDATE ME ON WETIN HIM TALK, MY TV DON SPOIL angry

WHY?
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by RedReact: 7:29pm On May 14, 2013
alnaijiri:

Compared with the pagan and idolatrous (Xtian) Southerners, the Muslim North is much more human.
Najimu, state of emergency is the best thing to happn in those areas; afterall, it is still partial SoE.
God bless Nigeria and the Nigerians.
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by ddippset(m): 7:30pm On May 14, 2013
iwanchop: Why declare s state of emergency in Adamawa?
I smell something there,the president doesn't want it to look political
Borno and Yobe are controlled by opposition parties hence he was looking for a scapegoat (PDP controlled state) to partially balance it politically.He found the scapegoat in Adamawa.
iam sure you're right, but hey, it was a nice move. he should have included kano.
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by ecode1(m): 7:30pm On May 14, 2013
Nice move and decision Mr President! It has been long over due. It time to pay them with their coin.
Re: President Jonathan Addresses The Nation - 14th May 2013 by touch4mony: 7:30pm On May 14, 2013
Mynd_44: I hope he is resigning
all this northern ppl that wants power shift by force make we hear waiting him want say we kw u need this power badly but for d past 39 and half yrs u have been in power what hv u don for Nigeria.u ppl kept us in this present predicament cos u layed the foundation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Acting President, Osinbajo Presides Over FEC Meeting In Aso Rock (Photos) / Biafra50: Nigerians Can’t Be Forced To Live Together – Afenifere Replies Ag Pres / Czech Ambassador Pops Champagne , Storms Kalu’s Home to Celebrate His Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.