Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools (21146 Views)

Boko Haram "Writes" Public Schools In Lagos / Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools / Lagos Rejects Move To Reduce Income Tax Rates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by McCaptain(m): 2:23pm On May 15, 2013
This is absolutely wrong, what happened to freedom of religion, I'm a practicing catholic and if I'm prevented by any means from wearing my rosary or scapular to school, I'll be furious. For heavens sake what's wrong with the hijab, its just a covering that even makes women look more decent, Fashola and his crew should look into this more keenly abeg.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 15, 2013
Another thing that should be banned is those megaphones used in mosque. Its so loud and so disturbing. Churches don't make as much noise as they do. It is ok in saudi but not in Naija.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by chronique(m): 2:25pm On May 15, 2013
abubello:
so those rules and regulations should override ones religious injunctions? Why should a muslim girl who wants to cover her modesty be forced to expose her nak.edness to the public?

Which unclothedness? Abi you don't understand what it means to be naked? So until you turn yourself into a masquerade;you're not seen as clothed? Smh...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Dempsy(m): 2:29pm On May 15, 2013
Akshow: Thank GOD he is a practising muslim before people will start seeing him as a religious fanatics. From time immemorial to the early 2000 there was nothing like hijab and student did not die neither were they less religious. Yerima n his sharia craze popularised hijab. Since its not part of the uniform, i say kudos to Fashola for banning it.
......lagos state i besiege u to get ready for islamic attack.....pls Fashola take this matter slowly for d sake of lagosians....i know wot muslims can do.....
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by dmcdad: 2:30pm On May 15, 2013
honey86: Another thing that should be banned is those megaphones used in mosque. Its so loud and so disturbing. Churches don't make as much noise as they do. It is ok in saudi but not in Naija.
As in ehn, that one dey pain me die... They have a dedicated horn-speaker facing my house just some 20m gap and its really disturbing. Jeez!
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by bingils(m): 2:31pm On May 15, 2013
honey86:
Tell them o, I remember when I was writing gce years back, the worst cheats were the ladies in Hijab, they were bringing out books from under their clothes. The worst are d ones who dress like ninjas, they are notorious in committing adultery.

Hey, I beg ur pardon, I'd have expected you to exposed them rather than come out here to rant ru.bbish, moreover you are also a cheat & a du.llant not to have concentrated on minding ur business instead wish she could pinch u answers to copy from... There's absolutely nothing wrong in wearing the Hijab all the time afterall Mary the Mother of Jesus (peace & blessings of Allah be upon him) wore Hijab and depicted modesty!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by dmcdad: 2:31pm On May 15, 2013
Dempsy: ......lagos state i besiege u to get ready for islamic attack.....pls Fashola take this matter slowly for d sake of lagosians....i know wot muslims can do.....
Are you implying that Muslims are troublesome fellows? Cause from what I know Islam means "Peace"
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Desinuola: 2:33pm On May 15, 2013
The same oloriburukus that castigate Fash are the same ones hailing him now because of their erroneous perception that he is against Islamisation.

Two faced biatches!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by GEJTILL2019(m): 2:33pm On May 15, 2013
muslim girls have the sweetest puss...y in nigeria.....if u doubt me come to kaduna and ask of maaloo girls.....they can Bleep very well.....wayo allah i miss rashedat...them get ringing tone pass nokia phone.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 15, 2013
bingils:

Hey, I beg ur pardon, I'd have expected you to exposed them rather than come out here to rant ru.bbish, moreover you are also a cheat & a du.llant not to have concentrated on minding ur business instead wish she could pinch u answers to copy from... There's absolutely nothing wrong in wearing the Hijab all the time afterall Mary the Mother of Jesus (peace & blessings of Allah be upon him) wore Hijab and depicted modesty!
How dare you call me a cheat and a dullard when you can't even get simple spellings right. They were so obvious, not even trying to hide. I wrote my GCe while in ss2 and passed with flying colours while they are sista adugbos still struggling and had to stoop low to cheat. If you wear hijab and you have good character, fine but if your heart is like that of the devil who are you deceiving. Ko puo here jor. Iru kan kan.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by bingils(m): 2:42pm On May 15, 2013
Ayoobscom: Is there any christian on Nairaland?

Please remind us how Marry mother of Jesus used to dress in her lifetime.....no arguments just a simple questions

Bcoz its laughable how people seem to dislike a material that covers nudity and preserves their virtue....

Does the Bible preach against women covering Hijab?

Its amazing how much a certain religion has wanned and forbidden of modesty

I said the truth you are afraid of huh...

O they should be dressing like whores huh.?.like lady wearing brazillian hairs huh?

O subhanalah...the vanity of the world has lessened humanity in obedience of God
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by bingils(m): 2:43pm On May 15, 2013

Please remind us how Marry mother of Jesus used to dress in her lifetime.....no arguments just a simple questions

Bcoz its laughable how people seem to dislike a material that covers nudity and preserves their virtue....

O they should be dressing like whores huh.?.like lady wearing brazillian hairs huh?

O subhanalah...the vanity of the world has lessened humanity in obedience of God

JazakAllahu Khairan Brother!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Gorrbachev: 2:44pm On May 15, 2013
cogitoErgo:
Henhen, which state is rectangular grin but I got ur idea
o! (its secular)

Osun is an Hexagon state. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by gramci: 2:49pm On May 15, 2013
bingils: .

It is a pity that is people like you that instigate hate for Muslims, that's why you will never know peace... I'm a Muslim & I hope to die one, so if you feel much hate for me & my brethren you should hang yourself for all I care... Use.less pig

Hating you people as understatement, I detest you virgin hunters

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Dzeimzb: 2:50pm On May 15, 2013
abubello:
so those rules and regulations should override ones religious injunctions? Why should a muslim girl who wants to cover her modesty be forced to expose her nak.edness to the public?

shhhh!! Who told you that hijab stands for modesty. By the way if she wants to cover her ''unclothedness'' let her wear clothes. Imagine every students wearing scarfs of different colours to school because they want to show that they are practicing xtians. No offence, just give it a thought !!!
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by abdulkayus(m): 2:51pm On May 15, 2013
Who are dos callin Fashola a devote muslim? Hahahaha, jus cos he has done wat suit ur selfish, he is nw a practisin muslims abi. BRF is never a devote muslim bt jus a nominal muslim.
Even in a secular, everone has d right to practise his or her religion. Wat is wrong in a student wearin her hijab to school? Lagos state belong to every muslims and xtains and so muslims shld nt be discriminated agaisnt. Wat are d muslims in d cabinet and state HOA even lookin at? Cant dey defebd their religion? U ppl shld remember, God will ask u all on d day of judgement. I knw if it shld be other way round nw, d xtains would hav been pourin their mouth nw. He shld cancel d teachin of IRK and CRK self if he like, God is watchin u all.
Ma salam

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by bingils(m): 2:52pm On May 15, 2013
honey86:
How dare you call me a cheat and a dullard when you can't even get simple spellings right. They were so obvious, not even trying to hide. I wrote my GCe while in ss2 and passed with flying colours while they are sista adugbos still struggling and had to stoop low to cheat. If you wear hijab and you have good character, fine but if your heart is like that of the devil who are you deceiving. Ko puo here jor. Iru kan kan.

Who cares if u passed in primary 6? As far as I'm concerned I will NEVER pick a spaghetti top or short skirt girl in the expense of her who covers her na.kedness, and finally always champion good traits by exposing cheats, should in case you find not just a Hijabite but ur fellow Na.ked sisters cheating... Ewu madu!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by funnyx(m): 2:53pm On May 15, 2013
9jadelta: can u tell us the school let me google it

Tell you the name of my children school on a public forum Surely I'm not going to do that.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 15, 2013
Darejyde: not only de traditonal pple, celestial students to should put on thier white cap and walk bare footed, Deeperlife members tie their turnan, Redeem members their hats, Christ Embassy male students should be allowed to fry their hair wit, correct punk, Winners with their skimpy and tight dresses or trousers and so on like dat make we see who go tire..........

some students may also be putting that white thing on their faces, typically used in traditional rituals, others can bring "irukere" to school, some can wear traditional agbada as uniform, others [girls] may tie wrapper with or without blouse, main point being everyone is in school not to learn but to fight for their religion.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by kasco27: 3:02pm On May 15, 2013
Am highly disapointed in Fashola led government in lagos state, but am surprise is not a true muslim. So opposing that idea wil be his priority. Islam is a religion of Allah, no one can stop the good work of Allah, Muslims will be @ d top I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ thi̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ Nation Insha-Allahu.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 15, 2013
bingils:

Who cares if u passed in primary 6? As far as I'm concerned I will NEVER pick a spaghetti top or short skirt girl in the expense of her who covers her na.kedness, and finally always champion good traits by exposing cheats, should in case you find not just a Hijabite but ur fellow Na.ked sisters cheating... Ewu madu!
Na who u dey call goat?, I tried to be respectful but you have shown that you are nothing but a pig and a dog. Anuofia. Ko puo here jo. Uncivilised he goat. Muslims in d uk, the true Arabs are better than d lots of you. Abese pelebe . Pls watch out for this guy, another boko haramist in d making.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 15, 2013
bingils:

which school is encouraging girls to wear skimpy clothes to class?

i doubt a school would do that in nigeria- its more of a role model thing, namely what they see on tv and in the media.

even schools which wear skirts, do not make them short. I know a girl who kept getting in trouble because her uniform was too short. She was forced to adjust it to the school length size.

we are talking about school age children here, not adults.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Enoquin(f): 3:06pm On May 15, 2013

Mary did not go to school nor was she a Lagosian...
The fact that you are for wearing of the hijab does not mean you should castigate everyone else. You know it to be true that christianity frowns at immodest apparel...you wanting to take a jibe at christianity doesn't mean you should lump every other person not being muslims as christians...I know you know of atheists, agnostics, traditional worshippers and free thinkers and all other people, so why the lumpy statement especially when you lot detest the statement 'all muslims are terrorists'?...and not everyone who is not a muslim dresses like a LovePeddler...there are decent dressing people that cut across other religions too.
In the end, it all boils down to an individual's choices, wants and desires...

I support the state's government decision not because it is 'hijab' but because they have simply decided to shun sentiments and act right...I'd support them even if it was something that affected christians or other religions too.

If our elders and the older generation used sentiments to heat up the polity, I believe we should be wiser.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by harthonder(m): 3:06pm On May 15, 2013
May Allah save muslim from the hand of hypocrite muslim,xtain nd the jews.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 15, 2013
funnyx:

Tell you the name of my children school on a public forum Surely I'm not going to do that.
Hijab Ban Takes UK School to Court

http://www.onislam.net/english/news/europe/460717-hijab-ban-takes-uk-school-to-court.html
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 15, 2013
That is their way of thinking
There is never a middle ground,always from one extreme description to another
So disallowing hijab as part of uniform means allowing the students to go naked
Always reasoning and arguing in circles
Goodluck to those of you trying to make them see reason
They are incapable of reasoning

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 15, 2013
harthonder: May Allah save muslim from the hand of hypocrite muslim,xtain nd the jews.

May the stronghold of Allah and his murderous followers be squashed in all of Nigeria so that peace may reign
Amen!

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by redsun(m): 3:12pm On May 15, 2013
Splendid.Lagos should be made a ground for backward going zombies.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Dawdy(m): 3:16pm On May 15, 2013
BEDMON1900: what has banning of hijab got to do in our educational set-up,when walking nakedly in the campus has no effect in either of our curriculum programme,does that means that they won't behave well in the school or they won't be academically sound,if not that we are just been bias...Is hijab our english and mathematics or other subjects that we've not even meet the standard compare to other countries of the world,or is hijab the cause of the mass failure of the jambites........hehehehehe...i just dey laugh....lets learn to be wise at least for once...
Ask those Ignorants again, please
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by bingils(m): 3:18pm On May 15, 2013
gramci:

Hating you people as understatement, I detest you virgin hunters

What you have up there is exactly the reason why your women are made to look so cheap, exposing every single part of their body for men to see, I will never have respect or feeling for women who don't cover their bo.ssoms, instead walk about na.ked all in the name of some use.less civilisation.

Modesty is pure, keep your body sacred & holy, wearing revealing dresses undermines the woman in you, instead you are regarded as a cheap s.lut with no hope for the future...

A girl on Hijab has fear for her Creator, not to excite a man's lustful desire, whether you like it or not every part of a woman's body is tempting to men, some men might consider just her legs as sexy, not to talk of seeing the her bo.ssom or other tempting parts of her body!

Typical case is when you have a lady fully dressed and covered in Hijab & some lady who is half dressed & exposing tempting parts of her body, both coming to walk by pass a group of hoodlums, which of them to you is more vulnerable to be attacked by the hoodlums? The answer is not far fetched the na.ked lady of course...

Hijab is a woman's right, and every right thinking Muslim woman is expected to wear it as ordained by Allah anytime she leaves the four walls of her home!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by mekaboy(m): 3:18pm On May 15, 2013
harthonder: May Allah save muslim from the hand of hypocrite muslim,xtain nd the jews.
allah is saving them in borno yobe and adamawa.

Infact 2000 angels have been deployed there to make sure they are saved.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by mekaboy(m): 3:21pm On May 15, 2013
bingils:

What you have up there is exactly the reason why your women are made to look so cheap, exposing every single part of their body for men to see, I will never have respect or feeling for women who don't cover their bo.ssoms, instead walk about na.ked all in the name of some use.less civilisation.

Modesty is pure, keep your body sacred & holy, wearing revealing dresses undermines the woman in you, instead you are regarded as a cheap s.lut with no hope for the future...

A girl on Hijab has fear for her Creator, not to excite a man's lustful desire, whether you like it or not every part of a woman's body is tempting to men, some men might consider just her legs as sexy, not to talk of seeing the her bo.ssom or other tempting parts of her body!

Typical case is when you have a lady fully dressed and covered in Hijab & some lady who is half dressed & exposing tempting parts of her body, both coming to walk by pass a group of hoodlums, which of them to you is more vulnerable to be attacked by the hoodlums? The answer is not far fetched the na.ked lady of course...

Hijab is a woman's right, and every right thinking Muslim woman is expected to wear it as ordained by Allah anytime she leaves the four walls of her home!

It is not really the fear of their god that makes them wear it. It is the fear of radicals like you who will slit their throat or stone them to death in the name of god that makes them wear it.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

N-power Build Launch By Osinbajo (see Photos) / Fulani Herdsmen Kidnap Supervisor At Alao-Akala’s Farm; Demand ₦100 Million / Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.