Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

10 Myths About Introverts - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Myths About Introverts (28425 Views)

Problems Only Introverts Will Understand / Top 10 Myths About Africa / Top Ten Myths About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by mashnino(m): 12:15pm On May 18, 2013
Didn't even know that i am an introvert..

i possess 95% of the traits said above...

but i find it cool..i don't want another person's problem to be mine...

just me and myself and my few friends..
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by joannes7(m): 12:18pm On May 18, 2013
First of all, I have to look for this book!! Thank you so much for this piece.. Just shone a tiny light on myself..
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by ARareGem(f): 12:18pm On May 18, 2013
kalufelix: No am not..
Ah cant jealous wht ah have. Just bored agreein wit the op like every other person.
Wanted to portray in a different dimension...

Okay o.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Ukeachu1(m): 12:26pm On May 18, 2013
seems everyone one on nairaland is an introvert. na wa o
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by kalufelix(m): 12:27pm On May 18, 2013
funny thing is introverts see fellow introverts as rude even wen they have a perfect understandin of whts on their mind...mayb because like poles arent meant to attract
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by BarryX(m): 12:28pm On May 18, 2013
spikes C:

Are u jealous tongue

Most introverts are not smooth talkers but they have their way around ladies. We're also fun when need be. And yes, we're some weird special breeds of the homo sapien specie wink

Now, i am inbetween but still proud to be an introvert. I am too dynamic of a temperament grin

#teamIntrovert
#teamPisces
Thank God you're "inbetween" if not...........! I can't be Jealous when I know majority of them "extreme introverts" solicit for my help in adaptation whenever they can't blend into an open setting that require some sort of outgoing nature to scale through and fit in. I know the real Intro-introverts want to get out of their shells and savour the sweet experience of being an ambivert. **smiles**
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 18, 2013
grin
Truth is; it is not easy being an introvert cos people mistake it for arrogance, pride & a snub. You would sometimes wish you were an extrovert.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by thelonestranger: 12:40pm On May 18, 2013
BarryX: I said it ! Introverts have the highest number of Long post "quoters" on Nigeria, The other time, someone said Libra, another Virgo now "aquarium". Astrology don confuse some people life ni *smiles*

LOL I repeat my quote for you. Which one is your star sign ? Vegetarian ?
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 18, 2013
Wow 10 out of 10 fits me, should i be worried ? Nah got more project eulers to solve instead
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by collynzo2(m): 12:44pm On May 18, 2013
ItsModella: are there actually any ambiverts/extroverts on this thread like me? since everyone is trying to claim introversion.

You are not an extrovert in anyway, you live your whole life on Nairaland, extroverts don't live on the internet.

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 18, 2013
Anthiga: The points are very valid as regards myself... Peeps go about annoying you and most of the time you just want to let it pass and the day you decide to let them have it, they be like 'all this quiet people are very wicked or that you are into drugs'

SO TRUE LOL!
I hate when people say quiet people are dangerous.
It's like no..we are just people. We do have tempers too. grin

ours just "marinate within" until we blow up and when we blow up...

WE BLOW UP! grin grin

Ohibenemma: [size=18pt]One truth about introverts, however, is that they don't forgive easily.[/size] This, I think, is due to their overt faithfulness, which when betrayed can be seriously injured. I'm seriously working and re-working on myself daily...cos I won't wanna miss the mark because of a DEEP MIND.

Sooo true! This is currently my BIGGEST PROBLEM.
I just can' forgive. I mean I will let certain things slide but once someone cut me deeply and betray my trust..they will become dead to me. I won't think about them, talk to them, acknowledge them. (UNLESS I get a sincere apology and even then I will keep you at bay - but they better not fork up the second time oo!).

I'll have no problem doing it for years. Nothing you could say or do will change it because I can't fake it and it will never be the same. I wish I could change lol and trust me I've tried but...no luck. undecided lol

sorry for preaching...it's just real coming from a REAL introvert.
OH YEAH!! #TeamSagittarius dun kno!!! cool
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Krasid(m): 12:46pm On May 18, 2013
Another thing about introverts is that you don't really know when they are angry and they are not so predictable like extroverts.*ADVICE*Don't make an introvert get angry.

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 18, 2013
collynzo2:

You are not an extrovert in anyway, you live your whole life on Nairaland, extroverts don't live on the internet.

grin grin grin
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 18, 2013
Krasid: Another thing about introverts is that you don't really know when they are angry and they are not so predictable like extroverts.*ADVICE*Don't make an introvert get angry.

^^^^^^^^^^^
GBAM!! grin grin

i guess that's why we are called crazy.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 18, 2013
collynzo2:

are you just dumb or what? that I am usually on nairaland does not mean I don't have a world with people offline. And you must really be living in a cave to not know that with the level of technological advance there is today, one can be on the internet and do other things at the same time.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by BarryX(m): 12:55pm On May 18, 2013
thelonestranger:

LOL I repeat my quote for you. Which one is your star sign ? Vegetarian ?
Lol Seriously, I will prefer to be a Vegetarian at least I know food is involved , But someone telling me the time I was born has any effect on my personality is "regrettably lugubrious". They said I'm ARIES By the way ..lol
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 18, 2013
duro: This is just me being described by the OP. It just that people misunderstand our temperaments and think that we are proud and are snubs. i am having that challenge in the office rite now. I can tell u authoritatively that introverts are the best set of persons to relate with in terms of friendship because they choose their friends carefully and will always be loyal. Tumbs up for all introverts. Pls extroverts don't try to change oo. U equally have a role to spice up our lives once in a while grin

@bolded and that is always taken for granted.
i too have been labeled as "stuck up" by people who barely know me.
i don't let it get to me because as far as i am concerned they are just a bunch of airheads who think everybody is and should be their friends lol. grin

LastApostle:
Being an introvert is frustrating,I don't think like nobody want to subject him/her self to solitary confinement. Human beings are created social animals but then there are special breeds that think differently. So people owning to being introverts is in place.

that's true but I like the way i am because I know who my friends are and i am perfectly fine not being around everyone, ALL THE TIME. I am good by my lonesome and I am good being around the FEW people I know who genuinely check for me. It's not that we don't want to have fun, we just know going to clubs and being all up in everyone's faces is not the meaning of life. We prefer to take it easy with people we vibe with and have fun our way.

If that makes "us" weird then so be it. tongue

@topic there are a lot of responses on here i would love to reply to.
but if i do, i'd be on this thread preaching all day.

i am just happy to witness more "deep thinking and proud" people on here I can relate to. wink
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by ACM10: 12:58pm On May 18, 2013
maclatunji: Top ten myths about introverts

Myth #1 – Introverts don’t like to talk.
This is not true. Introverts just don’t talk unless they have something to say. They hate small talk. Get an introvert talking about something they are interested in, and they won’t shut up for days.

Myth #2 – Introverts are shy.
Shyness has nothing to do with being an Introvert. Introverts are not necessarily afraid of people. What they need is a reason to interact. They don’t interact for the sake of interacting. If you want to talk to an Introvert, just start talking. Don’t worry about being polite.

Myth #3 – Introverts are rude.

Introverts often don’t see a reason for beating around the bush with social pleasantries. They want everyone to just be real and honest. Unfortunately, this is not acceptable in most settings, so Introverts can feel a lot of pressure to fit in, which they find exhausting.

Myth #4 – Introverts don’t like people.
On the contrary, Introverts intensely value the few friends they have. They can count their close friends on one hand. If you are lucky enough for an introvert to consider you a friend, you probably have a loyal ally for life. Once you have earned their respect as being a person of substance, you’re in.

Myth #5 – Introverts don’t like to go out in public.

Nonsense. Introverts just don’t like to go out in public FOR AS LONG. They also like to avoid the complications that are involved in public activities. They take in data and experiences very quickly, and as a result, don’t need to be there for long to “get it.” They’re ready to go home, recharge, and process it all. In fact, recharging is absolutely crucial for Introverts.

Myth #6 – Introverts always want to be alone.
Introverts are perfectly comfortable with their own thoughts. They think a lot. They daydream. They like to have problems to work on, puzzles to solve. But they can also get incredibly lonely if they don’t have anyone to share their discoveries with. They crave an authentic and sincere connection with ONE PERSON at a time.

Myth #7 – Introverts are weird.

Introverts are often individualists. They don’t follow the crowd. They’d prefer to be valued for their novel ways of living. They think for themselves and because of that, they often challenge the norm. They don’t make most decisions based on what is popular or trendy.

Myth #8 – Introverts are aloof nerds.

Introverts are people who primarily look inward, paying close attention to their thoughts and emotions. It’s not that they are incapable of paying attention to what is going on around them, it’s just that their inner world is much more stimulating and rewarding to them.

Myth #9 – Introverts don’t know how to relax and have fun.
Introverts typically relax at home or in nature, not in busy public places. Introverts are not thrill seekers and adrenaline junkies. If there is too much talking and noise going on, they shut down. Their brains are too sensitive to the neurotransmitter called Dopamine. Introverts and Extroverts have different dominant neuro-pathways. Just look it up.

Myth #10 – Introverts can fix themselves and become Extroverts.
Introverts cannot “fix themselves” and deserve respect for their natural temperament and contributions to the human race. In fact, one study (Silverman, 1986) showed that the percentage of Introverts increases with IQ.

This list was inspired by the book The Introvert Advantage: How to Thrive in an Extrovert World by Marti Laney.

http://jerrybrito.org/post/6114304704/top-ten-myths-about-introverts?1d4ef638/

I have to quote this write-up verbatim because I feel that it is talking about me.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by BarryX(m): 1:03pm On May 18, 2013
ItsModella:
are you just dumb or what? that I am usually on nairaland does not mean I don't have a world with people offline. And you must really be living in a cave to not know that with the level of technological advance there is today, one can be on the internet and do other things at the same time.
Nne ... Chop Knuckle!!!! **smiles** As for me after Nairalanding, The next thing is to "disturb" the office with the gossips, jokes and stories. Infact people expect gist from me anytime they're down ..#Fact of life
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by beatricewebb: 1:05pm On May 18, 2013
all this 10 myths conform with my attitudes directly and i now know why i behave the way i behaved,thanks for this post,i dont talk much in the class or in a discussion but once in a while when i speak or answer a question people are always fascinated and eager to hear more from me because i tend to throw more light on issues.

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by collynzo2(m): 1:06pm On May 18, 2013
ItsModella:

Hahaha you didn't take that long to reply, did you? Real extroverts are out there catching fun right now, when you are catching real fun you wont have the time for Nairaland, twitter etc technology or no technology. The frequency of your posts says it all.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by deols(f): 1:08pm On May 18, 2013
Many introverts may have found succor on NL, reason many are claiming introverts. Like some missing actions or a void being filled by an online personality.

Some other people may have found the characteristics of the introverts appealing therefore, deciding to be that and declaring it on here.

So many others would get confused by the op, not sure of where they belong.

While these may be ten myths bout introverts.it doesn't make all exclusive to them nor all inclusive with every introvert.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by collynzo2(m): 1:12pm On May 18, 2013
BarryX: Nne ... Chop Knuckle!!!! **smiles** As for me after Nairalanding, The next thing is to "disturb" the office with the gossips, jokes and stories. Infact people expect gist from me anytime they're down ..#Fact of life
yours is different, you have 354 posts, she has 13 012 (40 times more post) and she's only one year older than you on nairaland.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Toppie2(f): 1:12pm On May 18, 2013
Wow...this is just me, i'm a libra and an introvert. I just feel comfortable being alone sometimes,reflecting and thinking deep but some people don't understand and they won't just let me be.....

and i can't just go out and remain in the same spot for an hour all in the name of having fun i'd rather spend half of the time there then go somewhere else for the other half....

You can never catch me talking when i have nothing or i'm not sure of what to say. I talk when there's a topic that interests me...instead of engaging in mono-syllabic conversation, i keep quiet or i just laugh or smile@everything you say!
And yes some people think i'm shy! therefore they think there's a limit to what i can do and the places i can go...these people, i just laugh and shake my head for them in my mind!
Hmmm...you just can't imagine how much i hate noise....i extremely hate it in all its form, it drives me crazy.....God i hate noise with so much passion!

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by amanatulah(f): 1:13pm On May 18, 2013
So true. . .becouse Iam onesmiley
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 18, 2013
collynzo2:

Hahaha you didn't take that long to reply, did you? Real extroverts are out there catching fun right now, when you are catching real fun you wont have the time for Nairaland, twitter etc technology or no technology. The frequency of your posts says it all.
Your definition of introversion and extroversion is really messed up. Do you really think all extroverts are cut out for having real fun? Sue whoever told you that because you've been deceived. You sir, do not even know who an extrovert is.

My last word to you. I can't keep going on with someone who doesn't even understand the basic traits of an introvert and an extrovert.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by sarutobi: 1:14pm On May 18, 2013
so i am an introvert? omo mehn.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by kalufelix(m): 1:15pm On May 18, 2013
ItsModella:
oh yeah? With yhur google glass ah guess
ah mean its a saturday afternoon shudnt yhu be at the swimmin pool or sumtin if u claim to be outward. Mayb yhu are nat the extreme type buh ah dnt think yhu are an extrovert cos if yhu talk to alot of pple around yhu u wudnt be so much interested in online interactions.

Now reply in 10mins and tell me u re doin other thins...

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 18, 2013
collynzo2:

I swear if I get stomach rupture eh.....hahahahahahaha!

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 18, 2013
hahahahaha...you're daft sha, really daft.
collynzo2:
yours is different, you have 354 posts, she has 13 012 (40 times more post) and she's only one year older than you on nairaland.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Freiburger(m): 1:19pm On May 18, 2013
olumaxi: Introverts ar slow to react..they canneva make a gud president..eg ebele
You 're right.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by deols(f): 1:20pm On May 18, 2013
ItsModella:
Your definition of introversion and extroversion is really messed up. Do you really think all extroverts are cut out for having real fun? Sue whoever told you that because you've been deceived. You sir, do not even know who an extrovert is.

My last word to you. I can't keep going on with someone who doesn't even understand the basic traits of an introvert and an extrovert.

You really don't need to go on with this guy. After reading through the thread, I realised many are confused. You alone can have the perfect understating of whom you are. It should not matter what anyone thinks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

A Magician Burnt At A Child Dedication In Port Harcourt (Video) / Ever Help Someone And You Landed Into Trouble?? ... Share / The Snake I Killed In An Uncompleted Building Beside My House (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.