Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,465 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

10 Myths About Introverts - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Myths About Introverts (28424 Views)

Problems Only Introverts Will Understand / Top 10 Myths About Africa / Top Ten Myths About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by ChikezieU(m): 2:51pm On May 18, 2013
*Kails*:
proud introvert here. cool
Yea am one
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 18, 2013
tanx u just explain my life
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by ChikezieU(m): 3:00pm On May 18, 2013
100% correct , science sometimes its findings is overwhelming
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 18, 2013
If you are not an introvert but claims to be one, may allah cause me to swap position with you.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by tpia5: 3:02pm On May 18, 2013
Ukeachu1: seems everyone one on nairaland is an introvert. na wa o

Its not really something to be proud of, per se, just like being excessively extroverted isnt always a good thing.

I think most people simply give up after a while, when they find they just dont handle the social circle well.

However, social skills ARE important and shouldnt be overly neglected. Within reason that is, and adjusting to your particular context.

Introversion seems to be on the rise, true.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by tpia5: 3:03pm On May 18, 2013
LastApostle: If you are not an introvert but claims to be one, may allah cause me to swap position with you.

Are you saying the op is an extrovert claiming to be an introvert?
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by joilin(f): 3:07pm On May 18, 2013
*Kails*:

lol as a person who is an introvert I can tell you,
it's spot on.

ESPECIALLY #s 4,6,7 & 8!!
Not only 4 6 7 8 all the points are just the real fact
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 18, 2013
olumaxi: Introverts ar slow to react..they canneva make a gud president..eg ebele
so would you prefer a maverick leader who acts impulsively without weighing the consequences of his actions?
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by kaboninc(m): 3:39pm On May 18, 2013
ItsModella.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Cultured(m): 3:43pm On May 18, 2013
@ GraphicsPlus

Go pack your ego somewhere else , I guess you are high on some cracks! I don't know what makes you think that your so called " correction facts " are more accurate than what the original author stated, since you are not an introvert yourself . As far as am concerned , the original author got it all accurate, because I'm an introvert - Experience might have alternative ; but it can never have substitute .
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 18, 2013
hmmmnnn efribodi haff become introvert jus lik dat? iz alrite

well maybe theres a positive correllation btw online social forum participants and introverted tendencies. tink i read dat som where

anywayz... until i see d myths abt extroverts, im sine qua non on my status lolzz
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by kaboninc(m): 3:48pm On May 18, 2013
Some are just in between....have a bit of both sides. So they may claim that which they are not. Some could even unconsciously develop traits of an introvert just because they feel they are more of an extrovert.

With time, you'll come to know who you really are. And who says the extroverts are not prone to suicide acts? Behind that jovial, fun loving and smiling face could be heaps of hurts, anger, pains and regrets all internal.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by kaboninc(m): 3:51pm On May 18, 2013
kaboninc: Some are just in between....have a bit of both sides. So they may claim that which they are not. Some could even unconsciously develop traits of an introvert just because they feel they are more of an extrovert.

With time, you'll come to know who you really are. And who says the extroverts are not prone to suicide acts? Behind that jovial, fun loving and smiling face could be heaps of hurts, anger, pains and regrets all internal.

In addition, these are not necessarily facts for the 'whole' but 'most' as there could be extreme and mild instances. *about the 10 myths*
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by HARDDON: 4:05pm On May 18, 2013
Op you got me lololoing

Reminded me about мч introvert big brother and мч our camerounian introvert wify(biggest bro'z wify)

He left Canada to see them across border .

Only to meet her alone home. They both said hi's and that was it.

They sat, heads down. Tuk turns at staring at each other not knowing what to Saч .

She leta narated d story to me ( i did understand her plight and did all to bring her out of her shells) after d wedding.

Needless to Saч , i Rodflmao!

Others are always surprised when they seee her chating freely with me. Unlike her.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by dasparrow: 4:15pm On May 18, 2013
@Post

I have to agree with the topic of this thread. I am an introvert and have been for as long as I can remember. Even my closest friends know me as an introvert. I hate noise, I hate crowd, I enjoy my own company the most and I can be weary of strangers atimes. I have my fun side but I can't stand having people around me 24/7. People don't understand when I get quiet sometimes. They don't realize I need to zoom into my own little world where I can think and maybe even come up with some great ideas that can help others someway, somehow.

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Prestonvic(m): 4:22pm On May 18, 2013
Cool.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by nairalforlaughs: 5:11pm On May 18, 2013
I totally agree with the op.
I have two in my nuclear family, sometimes their ways are not funny to me.
I guess they feel same way about me too.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by bokohalal1: 5:11pm On May 18, 2013
Oh my God! OP's got a full description of me!
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 18, 2013
on point, most introvert also masturbate, especially when they were young, as a result of their shyness to approach girls, this follow them to adulthood, they are also intelligent and vast because their been alone is channeled into personal exploration and research. some get angry easily. some are very discipline and loyal to freinds
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 18, 2013
All these chatterboxes we have on nairaland are now claiming to introverts.na wa o.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by maclatunji: 5:18pm On May 18, 2013
INDESTRUCTABLEX: Funny enough a friend and her sis just referred to me as weird last night.
This thread is absolutely true. I av stayed in my house for weeks without going out. As long as I have my phone, bis, and food network(dstv), m all good.
Don't really fancy parties and 2many friends or even talkative.

Op, u nailed it

I dislike parties because people tend to be fake there. It makes me laugh when people think they are doing me a favour by serving me at parties. I am always like: "You should be thankful I attended your party. I would rather stay at home and do other things, I will eat at home now".
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Mamacita007(f): 5:23pm On May 18, 2013
I.Joan:
For real..... This so true.... Cus am an Introvert...They all think i am shy angry angry angry angry And one yeye aunty of mine didn't invite me to a party cus she thinks I don't know how to have fun undecided undecided undecided(i wouldn't ve gone anyways)

But they are all so f***king wrong!!!
My true closest friends know me cool cool cool

lloooooll sorry but ur aunty is funny. I'm an extrovert.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by firestar(f): 5:28pm On May 18, 2013
GraphicsPlus: I will start by saying that these are not myths. They are facts. You are the one trying to turn facts into myths. You probably want to showcase introverts as great personalities. But wait a minute, introverts are still great personalities even without your effort to turn pure facts into mere myths. Let me take your myths one after the other.

1. Fact #1 – Introverts don’t like to talk.
It's a well known fact that introverts don't like talking. It's not that they don't talk at all. They do talk, but you and I understand what it means to say that one can talk. Introvert is a deep thinker. He may have something to talk about, but he will rather choose to be thinking about it. Introverts normally die in silence. It takes great persuasion for an introvert to express himself verbally. They think a lot. Hence, they don't like talking.

Fact #2 – Introverts are shy.
This is obvious. They lack high level boldness and charisma that an extrovert will normally display. Shyness doesn't mean been afraid. Shyness mean been withdrawn and not wanting all eyes to be on him. An introvert may say no to an interview. They run away from publicity. He lacks that boldness to approach someone and initiate a discussion. They are afraid of been turned down.

Facts #3 – Introverts are not rude.
There is no myth out there that says introverts are rude. It's extroverts that can be very rude because they are known for a weakness of pride. An introvert can hardly shout on you. In fact, if you live with an introvert, you will enjoy him because he will hardly be rude. Introverts care a lot. They have respect for people's rights. An extrovert that has not dealt with himself can easily brush people aside and live 'I don't care lifestyle.'

Fact #4 – Introverts like people.
You got this one. Introverts care a lot. Why? Because they think before they act or speak. An extrovert acts and speaks before thinking. An introvert will always think about the consequences of his speech or action before taking them. They like people, but they hardly make friends, which may appear to mean that they don't like people. They do like people, but they are not in haste to make friends.

Fact #5 – Introverts don’t like to go out in public.
This is true. There is no point trying to make introverts who they are not. They don't actually like going out in public. Introverts like indoor lifestyle. They don't like too much exposure and publicity. They don't like ovation. They really are not public people, but this does not make them less humans. In fact, it's there strength. I remember my younger brother who is an introvert. During his secondary school days, this guy reads his chemistry and physics books on Christmas day. He mates will be out enjoying xmas season, this guy will be at home solving Further Maths. I mean, it's an impossibility for me to do that. I don't say introverts don't go out and don't enjoy live. The issue is that if you give indoor and outdoor to an introvert to choose, he will choose the former.

Fact #6 – Introverts always want to be alone.
That's true sir. They hate noise and jamborees. Because they are thinkers, they usually want to be alone. You can bore and introvert down without your chattering.

Fact #7 – Introverts are not weird.
They behave the way they behave because they were wired to be like that. It's an extrovert that appears to be weird. Whereas an introvert thinks a lot, he can find it difficult charting a new way for himself and people under him. That is why, they normally don't seen as leadership materials. Because they may end up thinking and thinking and yet no action will be taken when needed.

Fact #8 – Introverts are not aloof nerds.
I agree with you.

Facts #9 – Introverts don’t know how to relax and have fun.
Yes, they usually prefer to relax and have fun at home. But to go to public places, run around in a romantic way at a beach, an introvert may not be part of it.

Fact #10 – Introverts can fix themselves
Yes, they can fix themselves. But there is no point trying to become extroverts because extroverts have there own weaknesses. An introvert should try to build on his strength and overcome his weaknesses. This is what Tim Lahaye called Spirit-controlled temperament. Both introverts and extroverts are needed for the world to keep going round.

I am an extrovert, but my fiancee is an introvert. I have learned a lot from her strength, and I have also experienced the pain of enduring her weaknesses. She has seen me severally where I proved to her that I can be the leader she can trust her life with, but she has also seen my awful attitude of arrogance. In both cases, we are learning each other everyday and trusting God that when we finally marry and come together, we will keep building on our strength and overcoming our weaknesses.

[size=15pt]WORD![/size]
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by babatty(m): 5:37pm On May 18, 2013
Dats me, i love maself for being introvert
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Boomark(m): 5:40pm On May 18, 2013
A registered member. I don know if am their president sef.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by devour129: 5:45pm On May 18, 2013
An introvert reporting for roll call grin don't like bullshit,don't take bullshit ! I rather be alone and am too intelligent for my own good tongue
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by nas00(m): 5:50pm On May 18, 2013
Every point highlighted by OP about introverts is a flawless reflection of me. This is a first!

Guess the write-up was written by an introvert. Otherwise, whoever made these findings did a thorough research indeed.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by tpia5: 5:53pm On May 18, 2013
Being an introvert does not make anybody a hero, please.

Enough self adulation, get out of your comfort zone occasionally and mix with people.

Doesnt mean you wont go back to your cocoon later, but let others get to know you sometimes.

All within reason, of course!

What is this life is full of care, we have no time to stop and stare.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by tpia5: 5:56pm On May 18, 2013
Just kidding!

How does it concern me, dont take my words seriously plz, not telling anyone how to live their life inasmuch as its not my business per se.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Bzoe(f): 6:02pm On May 18, 2013
Ajibel: Damn!!! This article is spot on. The whole points just described who i am. embarassed
Thanx 4sharing @maclatunji
speaking my mind
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Aluweezy(m): 6:05pm On May 18, 2013
Guess dats why we have social medias like facebook&twitter to help solve some of this problems. And i think i'm a victim
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by spark4daz(f): 6:10pm On May 18, 2013
Tnx alot 4 d post, atleast i'v seen sum1 u totaly undastnd ma temperament.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

A Magician Burnt At A Child Dedication In Port Harcourt (Video) / Ever Help Someone And You Landed Into Trouble?? ... Share / The Snake I Killed In An Uncompleted Building Beside My House (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.