Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines (11754 Views)

International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year / Anatomy Of An Entrepreneur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Go Down)

Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by wendymanda: 12:05am On Apr 24, 2008
I think he further screwed himself on his faith in his own country when he went to Germany to get medical treatment. That action was a slap in the face to the Nigerian people. Sometimes I wonder if these people in power use their brains to think.
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by nwandolina(f): 12:20am On Apr 24, 2008
wendymanda:

I[b] think he further screwed himself on his faith in his own country when he went to Germany to get medical treatment[/b]. That action was a slap in the face to the Nigerian people. Sometimes I wonder if these people in power use their brains to think.

Exactly!
How hypocritical of him
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by nwandolina(f): 12:26am On Apr 24, 2008
almondjoy again. grin
what shall we do to this girl.
eh!
They say Igbo girls are fire but I suppose when an Igbo  woman come marry Bini the product na volcano. cheesy
OSANOBUA!!!!!!!!
Oya calm down biko kwa
there are no permanent friends and no permanent enemies on nairaland.

@ topic Yaradua abi ya- ra- do- a should go sit that his white babariga in dorty.
What right does he have to question BA when his own folks do worse things to their fellow citizens.
Didn't he see UBTH, LUTH,UCH and UNTH that are supposedly centers of excellence before boarding a plane to Germany for "medical check up".
Someone needs to tell him to zip it!
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by Lady2(f): 12:50am On Apr 24, 2008
Hmm if the man does nothing, we will crucify him, if he does something it is either not enough or a waste of time.
Abeg what do you want him to do?

Funny thing is those who are calling Nigerians goats are not better off themselves. If they were treated in the same manner that the boarders were, they would raise hell fire.

Point is regardless of how Nigerians may act, they are still the customers. Customers are always right. If I pay for it, damn it suck it up and deal with me. If it was a free ride, it's for me to suck it up.

God forbid I pay my ticket on a plane and then beg to be treated fairly or like a human being. What did I pay for?
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by lucabrasi(m): 1:03am On Apr 24, 2008
@lady
you got it right,my sentiments exactly

for these who think yar adua was being hypocritical by going to germany,i pray you dont have the kind of illness he has then you will decide if you want the best or not,a man not yet 60 years old has an incurable desease and you want him to have some misplaced patriotism and go to gusau national hospitalor general hospital in ayinke house,yar adua did not create the problem and even though he s slow i think its a thumbs up from me to him.
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by nwandolina(f): 1:11am On Apr 24, 2008
what illness does he have that no man has ever had ?
He was deputy governor of Zamfara or whatever place he hails from for 8 years I hear.

All we need to do is take a look at Zamfara and see the wonders he'll perform in Nigeria in 8 years.
A child who is a frog inside his own home will no metamorphose into a prince outside.
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by nwandolina(f): 1:18am On Apr 24, 2008
~Lady~:

Hmm if the man does nothing, we will crucify him, if he does something it is either not enough or a waste of time.
Abeg what do you want him to do?

Funny thing is those who are calling Nigerians goats are not better off themselves. If they were treated in the same manner that the boarders were, they would raise hell fire.

Point is regardless of how Nigerians may act, they are still the customers. Customers are always right. If I pay for it, damn it suck it up and deal with me. If it was a free ride, it's for me to suck it up.

God forbid I pay my ticket on a plane and then beg to be treated fairly or like a human being. What did I pay for?

That slogan has a hidden disclaimer.
A customer is always right as long as that customer does not overstep his/bounds of "rightness"
You don't walk up to a chef and spit in his face because he served you  a rare beef instead of medium rare,because he decides to use a hot laddle on your lips,you deserve it.
You ask in a nice manner.

If you pay for a ticket,you also ought to abide by the rules of not just the airline but that of the airport authority,aviation authority, and the country as a whole.
If you don't you risk being thrown out or imprisoned.That is the law.
So if a Nigerian acts like a wild animal on an aircraft,he ought to caged and muzzled as one.
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by lucabrasi(m): 1:23am On Apr 24, 2008
he wasnt a governor in zamfara,it was katsina and he tried his best in spite of his health as far as i can recall he is one of the few governors who hasnt had any allegations of corruption all through his 8 years in office,like they always say health is wealth and a man's health will be his first priority no matter what the country is going through,im sure if resigning as the president will give a 100% good health his wife and children plus he will happily agree.

according to sahara reports, Yar’adua, whose illness was recently revealed  by Saharareporters as Churg Strauss Syndrome -a rare disease that features inflammation of blood vessels (also referred to as angiitis) in the lungs, skin, nerves, and abdomen- has been told by German doctors to stay back in Germany until his condition improves or risk possible organ failure during the flight back to Nigeria. The ailing 'president' of Nigeria spent four days in intensive care last week during which his wife, Turai was denied access to him.
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by 4Him1(m): 1:24am On Apr 24, 2008
Only in Nigeria are invalids foisted on us as president.
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by nwandolina(f): 1:26am On Apr 24, 2008
david please don't kill me with laughter.
The illness is not his making.
Look at McCain,should we leave a coffin in the white house since the Lord may soon call him home?
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by Kobojunkie: 1:26am On Apr 24, 2008
What do you mean Invalid?? Dick Cheney has been vice president and extremely active for 8 years now. The guy has died over 5 times now, it seems and each time they keep shocking him back to life. Heck, he is a freaking walking frankenstein if you ask me,  but in Nigeria we continue to make excuses for a man sitting in office and putting Nigeria on hold, cause we believe his illness is a burden LMAO!!!

I seriously can not believe that someone could actually excuse his inaction as state governor for 8 years with such an excuse. OH MY GOSH!!!! is this for real LMAO!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLZNMR4nWPk

Check out McCain's mother,  She is still ALIVE and KICKING!!!
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by deor03(m): 1:29am On Apr 24, 2008
@ 4him

The fact that the man is ill does not make him invalid. That is an irresponsible statement
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by nwandolina(f): 1:30am On Apr 24, 2008
lucabrasi:

he wasnt a governor in zamfara,it was katsina and he tried his best in spite of his health as far as i can recall he is one of the few governors who hasnt had any allegations of corruption all through his 8 years in office,like they always say health is wealth and a man's health will be his first priority no matter what the country is going through,im sure if resigning as the president will give a 100% good health his wife and children plus he will happily agree.

according to sahara reports, Yar’adua, whose illness was recently revealed  by Saharareporters as Churg Strauss Syndrome -a rare disease that features inflammation of blood vessels (also referred to as angiitis) in the lungs, skin, nerves, and abdomen- has been told by German doctors to stay back in Germany until his condition improves or risk possible organ failure during the flight back to Nigeria. The ailing 'president' of Nigeria spent four days in intensive care last week during which his wife, Turai was denied access to him.

Most likely his main medication for life will be prednisone.
And he doesn't need a German to tell him that if they equipped and trained our own doctors well.
I'm pretty sure any doctors can tell him that,monitoring organ functions is another matter with the state of our hospitals and the necessary facilities needed.
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by nwandolina(f): 1:32am On Apr 24, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I seriously can not believe that someone could actually excuse his inaction as state governor for 8 years with such an excuse. OH MY GOSH!!!! is this for real LMAO!!!

I wonder o
would Katstinians have stonned him to death if he resigned and let a healthier man handle the affairs if that was his excuse?
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by nwandolina(f): 1:33am On Apr 24, 2008
I don't think we can risk wasting 8 years in Nigeria if people can blame it on his illness.
If so he ought to resign now let goodluck take over.
The country can't afford any more excuses.
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by 4Him1(m): 1:37am On Apr 24, 2008
deor03:

@ 4him

The fact that the man is ill does not make him invalid. That is an irresponsible statement

O boy, in developed countries a man with an incurable ailment wont be allowed to even stand for elections. For how long is government going to hang in limbo while we wait on Mr President in the intensive care unit?
Are we being governed by German doctors in disguise?

A president who was on his sick bed while his mates were vigorously campaigning? Such laughable charades are only possible in Nigeria.

If McCain dared end up in hospital today for anything longer than 2 days he may as well kiss his campaign goodbye. Those are nations that are serious about whom they entrust the leadership of their nation to.
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by debosky(m): 1:40am On Apr 24, 2008
goodluck ke?

That one is as USELESS as a deflated spare tire. tongue

Take whatever Sahara Reporters say with a pinch of salt, ESPECIALLY about Yar'adua. . .remember the 'Yar'adua is Die' Scandal grin grin grin

I think its a good move by the Pres to investigate what happened, BA can be high handed at times, and whatever decision the pilot takes is final in most cases, since he has the responsibility for the safe transit of passengers. If I had unruly/angry Nigerians on my plane I would think about kicking them off too. I think the police officials were to blame more than BA in this incident, BA was simply an unwitting agent of the deportation - it wasn't their main intent or line of business to do the deportation. Unfortunately, the lack of will power in the Nigerian govt to allow local airlines of repute to fly these lucrative routes remains the problem.
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by Kobojunkie: 1:43am On Apr 24, 2008
4 Him:

O boy, in developed countries a man with an incurable ailment wont be allowed to even stand for elections. For how long is government going to hang in limbo while we wait on Mr President in the intensive care unit?
Are we being governed by German doctors in disguise?

A president who was on his sick bed while his mates were vigorously campaigning? Such laughable charades are only possible in Nigeria.

If McCain dared end up in hospital today for anything longer than 2 days he may as well kiss his campaign goodbye. Those are nations that are serious about whom they entrust the leadership of their nation to.

But here is the question,  How long has he actually know of his having this illness?? Did he sit on top of Katsina for 8 years knowing of this?? Was this the reason why he did not accomplish much there?? If the answer is yes, why did he believe that moving on to become president would work better for the Nigerian people then Was his health a problem while he was sitting on top of Katsina?? I have done a bit of research into his time in Katsina and even from the state's website and all I have been able to gather from here, I fail to see why the people decided he was good for the role at all.
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by 4Him1(m): 1:44am On Apr 24, 2008
Kobojunkie:

But here is the question, How long has he actually know of his having this illness?? Did he sit on top of Katsina for 8 years knowing of this?? Was this the reason why he did not accomplish much there?? If the answer is yes, why did he believe that moving on to become president would work better for the Nigerian people then

At least he knew right from the "hello Umoru speaking" charade.
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by deor03(m): 1:48am On Apr 24, 2008
@4him

I thought you are talking about developed countries. How came his fundermantal human right to vote and be voted for will talen from him by NOT ALLOWING to contest.

The present governor of NY is blind mind you. The present president of Ukraine ( i think Yuvshenko but not sure) contested and won the presidential election as a sick man.

If he has the mental capacity to rule why NOT!!. His mental state is the most important. People like you SEE this things only when it happens in Nigeria.
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by 4Him1(m): 1:51am On Apr 24, 2008
deor03:

@4him

I thought you are talking about developed countries. How came his fundermantal human right to vote and be voted for will talen from him by NOT ALLOWING to contest.

The present governor of NY is blind mind you. The present president of Ukraine ( i think Yuvshenko but not sure) contested and won the presidential election as a sick man.

If he has the mental capacity to rule why NOT!!. His mental state is the most important. People like you SEE this things only when it happens in Nigeria.

Nonsense and bollocks! How many times has the Gov of NY taken unscheduled time off work to go see an eye doctor in China?
Ever heard of Yuvshenko shuttling between Kiev and his hospital in Spain?

Bros, it is a disgrace that out of 150m Nigerians all we could find was an ailing man to lead one of Africa's most troubled nations.
Lets be serious, what if the doctors recommend 5 weeks bed rest for him? We'd suspend governance?
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by nwandolina(f): 1:51am On Apr 24, 2008
deor03:

@4him

so are a few bank executives,basket ball club owners,lawyers and a host of college professors and intellectuals.
Blindness is a handicap,it's not a chronic illness that sends one in and out of intensive care units.
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by nwandolina(f): 1:55am On Apr 24, 2008
4 Him:

Lets be serious, what if the doctors recommend 5 weeks bed rest for him? We'd suspend governance?

from the earlier post we should wait till he's released abi discharged.
I have the utmost sympathy for any sick person but a sickness that affects one's activities as the Chief executive of a nation is a serious issue.
Even if goodluck has no genitals let him take over,at least he's there.

debo na wa for you,where you go?4play said you took someones wife and ended up in the emergency room
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by deor03(m): 2:00am On Apr 24, 2008
So being down for less than one week in one year is a big deal. You guys are not real.  We have a constitution and electoral act  yeah, and there is NO part of the constitution that bars him from contesting for presidency.

Former prime minister of isreal was in coma for how long before he was replaced?

Please back to the topic

There nothing wrong in the decision of the president to order a probe into the alledged maltreatment of 137 Nigerians.  It is an allegation so i think a probe should be carried out before a responsible government make statements
This will send the necessary signal, that could be the intention.
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by nwandolina(f): 2:04am On Apr 24, 2008
wasn't it you that excused him for inactivity in Katsina because of the same illness? shocked shocked shocked
or has the Katsinian ailment healed and this is a brand new visitation?
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by Kobojunkie: 2:05am On Apr 24, 2008
deor03:

So being down for less than one week in one year is a big deal. You guys are not real.  We have a constitution and electoral act  yeah, and there is NO part of the constitution that bars him from contesting for presidency.

Former prime minister of isreal was in coma for how long before he was replaced?

Please back to the topic

There nothing wrong in the decision of the president to order a probe into the alledged maltreatment of 137 Nigerians.  It is an allegation so i think a probe should be carried out before a responsible government make statements
This will send the necessary signal, that could be the intention.

Sure a probe but this probe does not require the president getting involved, does it Cause I know people there is an office in that country that deals with this sort of thing.  Should it turn out that the people were at fault, then what does the president tell the people who complained to get his attention on this??  Would he scold them and tell them to act better ? if BA is found to be at fault, what would the president do?? Ban BA from flying into Nigeria?? is that really the president's job?? to go after companies
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by 4Him1(m): 2:05am On Apr 24, 2008
deor03:

sharon did not plan to be in a coma when he was campaigning for presidency.
Yar Adua KNEW he was compromised healthwise and refused to do the honorable thing and step down.
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by debosky(m): 2:06am On Apr 24, 2008
The speculation is really getting out of hand, and I do agree with the AC that the poor management of the Yardie's health information is to blame for all this wild guessing going on. I do not think his health had any impact on his governance in Katsina, except providing the dialysis unit which other kidney disease sufferers now benefit from.

The day to day governance of the country, with all due respect is not done by the president. His lieutenants can carry that task out very well if well chosen. Who says his ailment is incurable? We are jumping the gun too much here, he has been fit as a fiddle for over a year now before this incident, that doesn't sound like a chronically ill person to me.

He has not been as 'active' as Obasanjo was, but we are all seeing the results of that 'activity' now. Personally, I feel his health is a non-issue in the long run, except for the argument that Nigerian medical facilities should be able to handle the president's issues. Some presidents elsewhere have been on wheelchairs and still done the business, people are acting like Yardie needs to go slap NEPA officials like Obj did before we see action.
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by deor03(m): 2:23am On Apr 24, 2008
Kobojunkie:

is that really the president's job?? to go after companies

No. The JOB of the president is to protect his people from ANY possible threat or provocation
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by deor03(m): 2:24am On Apr 24, 2008
debosky:

The speculation is really getting out of hand, and I do agree with the AC that the poor management of the Yardie's health information is to blame for all this wild guessing going on. I do not think his health had any impact on his governance in Katsina, except providing the dialysis unit which other kidney disease sufferers now benefit from.

The day to day governance of the country, with all due respect is not done by the president. His lieutenants can carry that task out very well if well chosen. Who says his ailment is incurable? We are jumping the gun too much here, he has been fit as a fiddle for over a year now before this incident, that doesn't sound like a chronically ill person to me.

He has not been as 'active' as Obasanjo was, but we are all seeing the results of that 'activity' now. Personally, I feel his health is a non-issue in the long run, except for the argument that Nigerian medical facilities should be able to handle the president's issues. Some presidents elsewhere have been on wheelchairs and still done the business, people are acting like Yardie needs to go slap NEPA officials like Obj did before we see action.

That is it. The president does not do the day to day governance of the country
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by Kobojunkie: 2:25am On Apr 24, 2008
Yeah,  This is good. The man was Governor for 8 years in Katsina and because he himself had kidney dialysis, he built a kidney dialysis center in Katsina. So, the people who have heart problems, leprosy, other diseases, all needed to wait for him to get hit with the same before he would feel it necessary to built centers that would actually handle other cases at the same level at least? hhmmmmm

Anywho, for those who are pick to paste the "PEssimist" Logo on anyone who does not see Nigeria as they do, I do not hate your 'god'. I just feel the man is not what this generation needs if what he wants to do is go at the pace that those before him did and even worse. We are the "microwave" generation and we have seen how, around the world, governments and people have literally moved forward in time compared to Africa. I happen to be one of those who believe africa can be propelled forward in time and we do not need to go at a turtle pace to achieve this.
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by 4Him1(m): 2:26am On Apr 24, 2008
deor03:

That is it. The president does not do the day to day governance of the country

so he's free to go on extended holidays?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Paystack Records N1 Billion In Monthly Transactions Value / Do You Have Payoneer Funds For Sale? Hola Me / UBA Group Deploys Ai-powered Callback Technology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.