Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,930 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines (11753 Views)

International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year / Anatomy Of An Entrepreneur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Go Down)

Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by Kobojunkie: 2:26am On Apr 24, 2008
deor03:

No. The JOB of the president is to protect his people from ANY possible threat or provocation

hmmm, so from your analysis of this case, what is the possible threat or provocation here?? British Airways asked some people, among whom where Nigerians off a plane for disturbances is a threat to the Nigerian people ?? Or which one is the provocation
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by nwandolina(f): 2:27am On Apr 24, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Yeah, This is good. The man was Governor for 8 years in Katsina and because he himself had kidney dialysis, he built a kidney dialysis center in Katsina. So, the people who have heart problems, leprosy, other diseases, all needed to wait for him to get hit with the same before he would feel it necessary to built centers that would actually handle other cases at the same level at least? hhmmmmm

God help him.
I hope the TB patients are not praying for a presidential TB
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by 4Him1(m): 2:27am On Apr 24, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Yeah, This is good. The man was Governor for 8 years in Katsina and because he himself had kidney dialysis, he built a kidney dialysis center in Katsina. So, the people who have heart problems, leprosy, other diseases, all needed to wait for him to get hit with the same before he would feel it necessary to built centers that would actually handle other cases at the same level at least? hhmmmmm

Lets just hope the next president has heart disease, we might get the cardiac facilities in LUTH upgraded then.
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by nwandolina(f): 2:31am On Apr 24, 2008
deor03:

That is it. The president does not do the day to day governance of the country

My friend he does.
It's his job description to oversee it all.
Especially in a lawless land with no set rules where presidents think it's their job to frolick with ashewo since they cannot run the day to day affairs.
If the country fails,it's his fault so he better be doing the running.
Let's not start now to make excuses for any failures and disappointments to come.
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by RichyBlacK(m): 2:38am On Apr 24, 2008
What are all these "I love America pass my papa and mama" people yarning again?

Franklin Delano Roosevelt, the only American (dead or alive) that was ever voted for the presidency of the United States four times was a cripple! He was on a wheel chair, a clear handicap, and still led the United States even as the battles against the Third Reich and the rest of the Axis powers intensified during WWII!

So, what is all this talk about Yar'Adua's "handicap"?
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by 4Him1(m): 2:41am On Apr 24, 2008
RichyBlack,
Roosevelt did not leave the US for unscheduled visits to his doctors in Germany while Pearl Harbour was imploding.
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by RichyBlacK(m): 2:42am On Apr 24, 2008
4 Him:

Lets just hope the next president has heart disease, we might get the cardiac facilities in LUTH upgraded then.

Your main man Dick Cheney has not heart, literally and otherwise! But still had time to rule the US (GWB is just a moronic figure-head, at least let's admit that).
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by nwandolina(f): 2:43am On Apr 24, 2008
RichyBlacK:

What are all these "I love America pass my papa and mama" people yarning again?

Franklin Delano Roosevelt, the only American (dead or alive) that was ever voted for the presidency of the United States [b]four times was a cripple! He was on a wheel chair, a clear handicap, and still led the United States even as the battles against the Third Reich and the rest of the Axis powers intensified during WWII![/b]
So, what is all this talk about Yar'Adua's "handicap"?

DId you read the thread at all or just jumped in as usual tongue
A cripple does not go in and out of hospitals or intensive care.
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by debosky(m): 2:44am On Apr 24, 2008
No one is making excuses for Yardie - but seriously, being right in Nigeria 24/7/365 is now the magic tonic that will turn things around? Lets be more realistic.

Abacha probably made the least foreign trips of any kind of a president and we can see what happened. Obj was junketing around the world for more than weeks at a stretch, still the governance of the country did not fall apart when he wasn't there. The quality of the man's ideas about turning Nigeria around are what matter. Nigerians are a little to taken by this 'strong big man' thing and fail to focus on how to solve the problems. Yardie's health is NOT the issue I repeat.

The 'microwave' generation folk should know also that turning things around does not necessitate a physical presence, it requires a deep understanding of the issues and revolutionary thinking, and a faithful and committed army willing to go out there and fight the ground battles to make the changes, not a pontificating head in Abuja alone.

What good have all the other people who sat in Nigeria all the while made? This is unfortunately another distraction being foisted on the nation, we have much bigger fish to fry - Yardie will be ok and will return soon enough, he signed the budget before he left, made sure there was no vacuum after the Bayelsa judgment and is very much still in charge, Sickness or no sickness.
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by Kobojunkie: 2:44am On Apr 24, 2008
nwandolina:

DId you read the thread at all or just jumped in as usual tongue
A cripple does not go in and out of hospitals or intensive care.

I am glad I am not the only one who noticed that , LMAO!!!
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by nwandolina(f): 2:45am On Apr 24, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Your main man Dick Cheney has not heart, literally and otherwise! But still had time to rule the US (GWB is just a moronic figure-head, at least let's admit that).

Did you hear that he went to Pakistan and Afghanistan for his triple and quadruple bypasses?
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by Kobojunkie: 2:45am On Apr 24, 2008
debosky:

]
The 'microwave' generation folk should know also that turning things around does not necessitate a physical presence, it requires a deep understanding of the issues and revolutionary thinking, and a faithful and committed army willing to go out there and fight the ground battles to make the changes, not a pontificating head in Abuja alone.

What good have all the other people who sat in Nigeria all the while made? This is unfortunately another distraction being foisted on the nation, we have much bigger fish to fry - Yardie will be ok and will return soon enough, he signed the budget before he left, made sure there was no vacuum after the Bayelsa judgment and is very much still in charge, Sickness or no sickness.

What the heck has physical presence to do with my post
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by deor03(m): 2:46am On Apr 24, 2008
4 Him:

RichyBlack,
Roosevelt did not leave the US for unscheduled visits to his doctors in Germany while Pearl Harbour was imploding.

Of course his head would have been served on the table. Besides we have nothing close to that right now in nigeria
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by RichyBlacK(m): 2:46am On Apr 24, 2008
4 Him:

RichyBlack,

Yes, but we don't have a Pearl Harbor-esque incidence in Nigeria, plus our health infrastructure is subpar. So, why not let him seek treatment abroad?

I agree that the government has to do more to better our health infrastructure, but I don't agree that Yar'Adua should die because of it. The mess was their well before he came into office.
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by Kobojunkie: 2:47am On Apr 24, 2008
nwandolina:

Did you hear that he went to Pakistan and Afghanistan for his triple and quadruple bypasses?

It's not even the going that bothers me, it's the using of this as excuse for almost no visible progress both now and back when he was governor for 8 solid years in Katsina. Somepeople actually feel this should be an excuse. Aaaggggrrrhhhhh

For all we know, the guy is healthy and just has a bump of some sort, but there are Nigerians already making excuses for him using his HEALTH as reason?? aaaarrrggghhh
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by deor03(m): 2:48am On Apr 24, 2008
nwandolina:

My friend he does.
It's his job description to oversee it all.
Especially in a lawless land with no set rules where presidents think it's their job to frolick with ashewo since they cannot run the day to day affairs.
If the country fails,it's his fault so he better be doing the running.
Let's not start now to make excuses for any failures and disappointments to come.

Like the Governor of New York or the Mayor of London , abi?
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by nwandolina(f): 2:49am On Apr 24, 2008
you saw what happened to the governor,what happens to your own presidents?
They reward him with better more experienced Indian ashewo
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by RichyBlacK(m): 2:51am On Apr 24, 2008
nwandolina:

Shifting the goal post! You complain about "going in and out of hospital" but when I point out that Cheney has "no heart" only some mechanical device in there, you leave that stand and switch to talking about traveling abroad for health reasons.

Let me just remind you that if not for the high quality foreign doctors in America giving Bush and Cheney all the medical expertise in the world, how are we sure they wouldn't be traveling to India for their medical needs?
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by nwandolina(f): 2:52am On Apr 24, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Yes, but we don't have a Pearl Harbor-esque incidence in Nigeria, plus our health infrastructure is subpar. So, why not let him seek treatment abroad?

I agree that the government has to do more to better our health infrastructure, but I don't agree that Yar'Adua should die because of it. The mess was their well before he came into office.

shocked shocked shocked shocked
what we have makes pearl harbour look like a new yam festival in Owerrinta
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by nwandolina(f): 2:55am On Apr 24, 2008
Kobojunkie:

[b]It's not even the going that bothers me, it's the using of this as excuse for almost no visible progress both now and back when he was governor for 8 solid years in Katsina. Somepeople actually feel this should be an excuse. Aaaggggrrrhhh[/b]hh

For all we know, the guy is healthy and just has a bump of some sort, but there are Nigerians already making excuses for him using his HEALTH as reason?? aaaarrrggghhh

My point exactly.
These people are already creating excuses before we see his incompetence.
No one can use his illness as an excuse for non performance in Katsina,if so he ought to resign now and let a healthier person take over.
Hopefully Richyblack gets it now.
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by debosky(m): 2:55am On Apr 24, 2008
Physical presence/good health, take your pick wink I just like yanking your chain my good man, you have a point wink

I'm shocked if his health is being used to excuse his poor performance, that is absolutely no excuse - he said he would deliver, and we are waiting for him to do so, no one should accept any excuse such as that. I am aware that educational performance went up in katsina, so did road construction, I went through the place quite frequently in 05/06, so I do not believe any such excuse is being given.

He does seem to have been significantly unprepared for the challenges on the ground or underestimated them. OR he is judiciously planning to make sure there are no false starts - I'd rather have results after a well thought out plan than Obj's hollow promises of power after 6 months which did not come through in 8 years. Again, his health is NO EXCUSE for non-performance.
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by RichyBlacK(m): 2:56am On Apr 24, 2008
nwandolina:

shocked shocked shocked shocked
what we have makes pearl harbour look like a new yam festival in Owerrinta

This nwando babe need to enter "Nights of a Thousand Laughs", you really sabi make person laugh!

Well, in a way you're right. But are you saying Yar'Adua should die in Nigeria when the medical attention he needs is not available in Nigeria? That's very unfair!

Would you allow your father to die in Nigeria when you can get him over to the US for better medical attention? Let us apply the same standards as we would to ourselves and loved ones as we would want to apply to others. At least, the Bible you believe in says "Love your neighbor as you love yourself"!
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by Kobojunkie: 3:00am On Apr 24, 2008
My take is this,  again I say, Dick Cheney has gone under the knife, infact died over 5 times in the past 8 years, the man is almost a living corpse, yet you know, the world knows that man is active when it comes to his job. I don't care if he has to do it from his sick bed, heck even from his dying bed, all I ask is that he, yaradua, do the freaking job he was hired to do and stop stalling unnecessarily. Simple!! If he can not, step down,  is that hard
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by RichyBlacK(m): 3:00am On Apr 24, 2008
nwandolina:

My point exactly.
These people are already creating excuses before we see his incompetence.
No one can use his illness as an excuse for non performance in Katsina,if so he ought to resign now and let a healthier person take over.
Hopefully Richyblack gets it now.

Nne get what biko?

The guy has not even been in office for a year, and you people want miracles! Yar'Adua will deliver, but we all have to help him. One man cannot change Nigeria!
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by nwandolina(f): 3:03am On Apr 24, 2008
like david said if the doctors ask him to be on bed rest for 3 months (as they already advised he needs to remain till his condition is under control) or say he requires weekly visits until he's stabilized should he defy doctors orders and return home.
Better yet should he fly to Germany weekly for follow up visits.

If this makes him equip even one hospital and sends doctors for advanced trainings,at least his illness would have benefited some others just like his dialysis unit in Katsina which  may have never been built but for his condition,is now a blessing to kidney patients in his state.
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by Kobojunkie: 3:05am On Apr 24, 2008
nwandolina:

like david said if the doctors ask him to be on bed rest for 3 months (as they already advised he needs to remain till his condition is under control) or say he requires weekly visits until he's stabilized should he defy doctors orders and return home.
Better yet should he fly to Germany weekly for follow up visits.

If this makes him equip even one hospital and sends doctors for advanced trainings,at least his illness would have benefited some others just like his dialysis unit in Katsina which may have never been built but for his condition,is now a blessing to kidney patients in his state.

This is sad, but, if it is the only way we can get better health in that country, I am all for it , LMAO!!!
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by nwandolina(f): 3:08am On Apr 24, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Nne get what biko?

The guy has not even been in office for a year, and you people want miracles! Yar'Adua will deliver, but we all have to help him. One man cannot change Nigeria!

One year is enough to supply constant electricity and water to at least  one city outside of Abuja
They can do a test case.
Pick a city out of a hat and use it as a case study and a model that all local governments and states must follow or else there'll be questions they need to answer.
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by nwandolina(f): 3:09am On Apr 24, 2008
Kobojunkie:

This is sad, but, if it is the only way we can get better health in that country, I am all for it , LMAO!!!

I hope it doesn't come down to the citizens praying that their elected officials be stricken with incurable diseases.
But if that's the fastest way to get things done,so be it.
People have suffered enough.
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by RichyBlacK(m): 3:11am On Apr 24, 2008
nwandolina:

One year is enough to supply constant electricity and water to at least one city outside of Abuja
They can do a test case.
Pick a city out of a hat and use it as a case study and a model that all local governments and states must follow or else there'll be questions they need to answer.

True.

But why hasn't that happened? The "negative forces" in Nigeria are way more than the "positive forces". Yar'Adua is fighting an uphill battle!

I have sources in the presidency and I can tell you it's not easy ruling that country called Nigeria.
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by nwandolina(f): 3:13am On Apr 24, 2008
RichyBlacK:

True.

But why hasn't that happened? The "negative forces" in Nigeria are way more than the "positive forces". Yar'Adua is fighting an uphill battle!

I have sources in the presidency and I can tell you it's not easy ruling that country called Nigeria.

Indeed we wrestle not against flesh and blood.
hmm,so you sabi the leaders.
ima mmadu .
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by deor03(m): 3:13am On Apr 24, 2008
nwandolina:

One year is enough to supply constant electricity and water to at least  one city outside of Abuja
They can do a test case.

Apply for One year OFF and manage the research. It is so easy to sit in one comfort zone and complain
Re: Yar’adua Orders Investigation Of Maltreatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines by Kobojunkie: 3:16am On Apr 24, 2008
Well, if the negatives are too much for him to deal with, what the heck are we doing?? I mean even Obasanjo used that whole " negative forces are more than positive forces" excuse and look were we are today, how much longer do we have to keep playing that game?? OPEN UP THE FLOOD GATES and let the Nigerian people know who these "Negative forces" are, make we go take care of business personally if it is too much for yaradua. Imagine where that country would be today if everything had been forced out in the open by now??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Paystack Records N1 Billion In Monthly Transactions Value / Do You Have Payoneer Funds For Sale? Hola Me / UBA Group Deploys Ai-powered Callback Technology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.