Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,081 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency (20331 Views)

‘we’ll Occupy Kogi If Faleke Is Not Declared Governor-elect By Jan 10’ / I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan / Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by slimming: 11:01am On May 17, 2013
We shall overcome in Jesus name
Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by tpia5: 11:34am On May 17, 2013
In short, they do not want a state of emergency because it affects their interests in the region.

Ok, we've heard.
Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by musiwa26: 11:50am On May 17, 2013
state of emergency allow the president to preach the constitution and over turn the legisltaive arm. like in the case of USSR. he dissolve the country. he can suspends a few normal functions of the executive, legislative and judicial power.

He can use state of emergency to dissolve the country. it is call pushing the button.

if he uses state of the emergency to dissolve the country. this is likely how the unit may be. base on how the people may vote. i may be wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=028gd8Sn3m0
Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 17, 2013
Dospix: Keep using the free internet service you have at your disposal to say rubbish...fine, Jonathan is corrupt, but what makes you different from him? instead of you to contribute constructively on this thread all you do is rain abuse.
there u go.nigerias problem in a nutshell:APOLOGISTS
Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by iykology: 1:37pm On May 17, 2013
Dospix: you are more clueless than him because you comment isn't making sense.
why wasting your time on resident hypocrites? Make your points and ignore them.

1 Like

Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by Ijiego: 1:39pm On May 17, 2013
Lol at the picture.
Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by vizboy(m): 1:40pm On May 17, 2013
grin eko ile and co so u people are still trying to win cheap point with people's life nonsense. MR PRESIDO carry go we dey ur Back. Fu.k that senate bastards

1 Like

Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by naptu2: 1:40pm On May 17, 2013
It's not a big deal. The same thing happened when Obasanjo declared emergency rule in Plateau State. The National Assembly stated that the President does not have the constitutional powers to unilaterally declare a state of emergency. The National Assembly must vote to declare a state of emergency before it becomes legal.

However, the PDP controls both the executive and the legislature. The National Assembly will eventually vote in favour of emergency rule. They just want to be respected.

When Obasanjo subsequently declared emergency rule in Ekiti, he made it clear that it would not take effect until the National Assembly voted in favour of the measure.
Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by Akpaife(m): 1:45pm On May 17, 2013
Hahahahahaha owners of Nig are now an enemy of Nig world is turning around do nt boast wt d world hahahahaha I dey laugh in china
Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by tallceejay(m): 1:47pm On May 17, 2013
Eko Ile: Talk about clueless and incompetent president, incompetent and unqualified advisers with lame duck and worthless assembly and senate.

Who is even qualified enough to interpret the Nigerian constitution, uphold and defend the same constitution? Not the Nigerian presidency, not the Nigerian justice minister or presidential adviser, not the Nigerian congress, not the toothless Nigerian Bar Association and definitely not the Nigerian military. The Nigerian military is out there conducting a lawless and unconstitutional military operation while the clueless and unpatriotic politicians fiddles around aimlessly.

What a damn shame...

How has what you've. Said helped the situation ?? Why can't Nigerians make constructive criticism and provide aids and counsel?? This is one medium to air your view and all you do is curse and vulgar words ?? So much for the populace
Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by enobong18: 1:49pm On May 17, 2013
You see one thing about Nigeria?
We keep fooling ourselfs around!
How are we surpose to move forward?
Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by Tstark(m): 1:49pm On May 17, 2013
pompori king: Even america can put their personal interest aside when it comes to an emergency..they are all stewpid expecting jonathan to consult them when making such an important decision,he can exercise his executive powers which he did Their opinion wasn't needed he got those of his security chiefs

Knucklehead! Nigeria is more complex than america, does America have different tribes? Stop comparing Nigeria to the US!
Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by EkoIle1: 1:50pm On May 17, 2013
How has what you've. Said helped the situation ?? Why can't Nigerians make constructive criticism and provide aids and counsel?? This is one medium to air your view and all you do is curse and vulgar words ?? So much for the populace

The fact that you don't like what I posted doesn't mean it wasn't constructive.

I'm a Nigerian and I'll voice my views and opinion the way I want, not according to you or to make you feel good.

It is also not my job to offer constructive advise or any advise to your president, the president hired a lot of advisers and ministers to do that and you are paying them to do that job, not me. Unfortunately, they are all clueless and incompetent just like your president...
Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by tallceejay(m): 1:53pm On May 17, 2013
Eko Ile: Talk about clueless and incompetent president, incompetent and unqualified advisers with lame duck and worthless assembly and senate.

Who is even qualified enough to interpret the Nigerian constitution, uphold and defend the same constitution? Not the Nigerian presidency, not the Nigerian justice minister or presidential adviser, not the Nigerian congress, not the toothless Nigerian Bar Association and definitely not the Nigerian military. The Nigerian military is out there conducting a lawless and unconstitutional military operation while the clueless and unpatriotic politicians fiddles around aimlessly.

What a damn shame...

1 Like

Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by figment232(m): 1:54pm On May 17, 2013
dc555: The President is the Chief Security Officer of the Nation and has the Executive power to make Emergency decisions. So if Cameroun invades Nigeria, the President should consult the National Assembly before taking any decision?
Senators are just a bunch of fools
Did they read the constitution?
Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by viexcey(f): 1:55pm On May 17, 2013
payless:

If you agree with what is happening now, then Jonathan is your choice. If you want things to change, then whoever the opposition presents is who we have to go with in order to get PDP out of the way. If we don't give the opposition the chance to change things, how do we expect the country to change? So, we have to try something else to know if it is better than what you have. All eyes on the opposition to do well. Look at the performances of AC Governors in the states controlled by PDP since 1999. The AC governors have out-performed the PDP Governors with what they have done so far within three years.

We won't vote party, we will vote in terms of personality.no be party dey work,na pesin dey work.
Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by EkoIle1: 1:56pm On May 17, 2013
tallceejay:

I'm a Nigerian and I'll voice my views and opinion the way I want, not according to you or to make you feel good about your worthless and incompetent leaders.

It is also not my job to offer constructive advise or any advise to your president, the president hired a lot of advisers and ministers to do that and you are paying them to do that job, not me. Unfortunately, they are all clueless and incompetent just like your president...
Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by tallceejay(m): 2:02pm On May 17, 2013
Must we put up a picture of our president looking disturbed ?? We Nigerians know how to caption sell-able titles forgetting its to the detriment of our image in the international village.
Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by tallceejay(m): 2:07pm On May 17, 2013
Eko Ile:

I'm a Nigerian and I'll voice my views and opinion the way I want, not according to you or to make you feel good about your worthless and incompetent leaders.

You have every right to air your views, And u just did, great! See where we are with that! U r a Nigerian ? And now "my leaders" ?
because the results aren't good ? Where's your patriotism as a Nigerian ? Keep airing those views, "Nigerian"
Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by RuuDie(m): 2:11pm On May 17, 2013
Eko Ile:

The constitution is sacred and any deviation must be tabled and sanctioned before the Nigerian legislature.

The judiciary is not constitutionally sanctioned to make or change laws, that's the responsibility of the legislature, the judiciary only interpret laws laws passed and amended by the legislatures aka lawmakers..

Read up on the 3 arms of government. The executive, the legislative and the judiciary for relevant understanding before your next post..

Nigeria is not going anywhere with so many ignorant and uneducated so called leaders of tomorrow..

Again, do they still teach social studies and civic education in our schools?

The original posts clearly states, corroborated by law-makers and lawyers alike, that what the President has done, only amounts to "stating an intention of declaring a SOE". Until it is gazetted and approved by the House, only then we can say there is a SOE. The mass movement of troops, whilst a tad unusual, does not in any way signify a SOE.

Anyhow you choose to see it - Mr. President has done no wrong!
Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by brosdoncome(m): 2:11pm On May 17, 2013
Joyfullyme:
"may"or may not
"Possible" not a neccesity

From d bolded u highlighted and the meaning to it u just pointed out, our constitution is confused and needs amnesty.
Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by Willgates(m): 2:11pm On May 17, 2013
Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by nairalad: 2:12pm On May 17, 2013
Eko Ile:

Eko please ignore these fools. In their miserable and bigoted minds, the Clueless president will never err.
You have made your points and it is very very clear. How can we respect the president if he cannot respect the constitution he swore to respect the same constitutition is what binds us all together.
Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by tallceejay(m): 2:12pm On May 17, 2013
Eko Ile:

What's constructive abt it ?

toothless, lawless clueless and unpatriotic etc . Smh

In times like this, let the Attorney General make this ambiguity clear, period.
Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by tppzzy01(m): 2:14pm On May 17, 2013
So far he said GEJ has not violated any law of directing Militry Troops to some area affected, i am contempted.smiley
Let the house go about and debate on a Gazzete that is not given them.:p
Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 17, 2013
Neo-XVI:
Those who make the laws cannot even be trusted to obey it...

Jonadunce and his clueless retinue of charlatans.
This is a high security issue and military operation, Actions ought to be taken before the boko boys got a clue of what is about to happen and hence escape! He did everything for the good of all and did not do anything wrong!
Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by fallingsky(m): 2:24pm On May 17, 2013
Dospix: I have noticed your comment on various threads...you seem to be saying the same thrash...i pity for you because a time will come when you will receive the same fire for fire. We insult and and call our leaders all kinds of name without making sensible contribution towards correcting those issues. Some of you might argue that they don't listen, but your comment might in one way or the other pass a message to them.

You think the so called leaders are on Nairaland?? Mumu
Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by Dee60: 2:26pm On May 17, 2013
GEJ, now you will be more popular for showing you can solve big problems. Ride on.

Senate is playing politics. If its Budgetting or money sharing now they would have swung into action.
Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by Heffalump(m): 2:27pm On May 17, 2013
Eko Ile: Confusion As Nigerian Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emerge

[img]http://osunnews.files./2012/05/0dr-goodluck-jonathan-osunnews.jpg[/img]

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/national/134643-confusion-as-nigerian-senate-says-president-has-not-declared-any-state-of-emergency.html

SOME BOKO HARAM SENTORS WILL DEFINITELY KICK AGAINST THIS EMERGENCY RULE. WE ALL KNOW THEY ARE WELL REPRESENTED.The truth is, they have all lost the battle. Chikena. No more kidding. Now, Jonathan can bite, ofcourse.
Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by dbride: 2:32pm On May 17, 2013
Mr. Ndoma-Egba: "There is nowhere in the constitution the President is required to publish the gazette within a specific time," he said; before asserting that "For now, no provision of the constitution has been breached and there is no constitutional crisis."

The above is the comment made by the deputy senate president. Eko Ile, Payless and Neo-XVI, you left me wondering what your real problems are. The topic is still State of Emergency declared by GEJ but you are busy talking about removing PDP, electing Buhari and opposition. Before I proceed, note that I am one of those who criticized GEJ and still do but as far as dealing with Boko Haram is concerned GEJ has taken the right step. If your bad son suddenly surprises you with one good act, do you condemn that one good act? I guess you are core politicians who have refused to grow to know that opposition does not mean condemn anything and everything proffered by the opposition party. In fact, your integrity is boosted when you commend a worthy course taken by your opponent to help the people. Who do you hope to attract when you are not even feeling the pulse of the people you are wooing? I am beginning to think that you are more interested in winning the hearts of the north, nothing wrong with that, but they are for now evil and not sincere and need a clean up.

Did you listen to El Rufai on Channels commending GEJ for his action? Now that's magnanimity. He is still an opponent but with that edge. This kind of opposition is attractive not yours.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 17, 2013
Tstark:

Knucklehead! Nigeria is more complex than america, does America have different tribes? Stop comparing Nigeria to the US!
I laugh at your ignorance!
Re: Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency by victorazy(m): 2:34pm On May 17, 2013
Dospix: Keep using the free internet service you have at your disposal to say rubbish...fine, Jonathan is corrupt, but what makes you different from him? instead of you to contribute constructively on this thread all you do is rain abuse.

Easy bro grin grin grin he has d right to say his mind, na democracy naa abi u don 4get? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

₦‎3.7 Trillion Budget Padding Claim: Senate Suspends Ningi For Three Months / Fulani People Actually Do Have Sex With Their Cow / Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.