Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective (15859 Views)

I Am Afraid For India (from A Nigerian Muslim Perspective) / Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam / Muslims Against Terror Offers $10,000 For Info On Boko Haram and Its Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by deols(f): 1:48pm On May 17, 2013
ril19: it is rather a daunting thing to believe that some part or islam, and clerics inclusive, religiously and vehemently preach and advocate violence, while another part of same islam is opposed to that course. Truth be told, the former adherents of islam have increasingly grown violent that many people accross the world now (perhaps) wrongfully view islam as a violent relion. In my opinion, the duty still rests on islam to prove otherwise to the world. Else, that view of them may be hard to let go of.

You are right about how Islam is perceived. If I am not a Muslim, I'd probably be wary og Muslims as well.

You said the onus is on Muslims to prove otherwise and the Op, like many other Muslims is doing just that. Do you think there is a better way than this form of education?

The op has played a part, the readers can play theirs- agree or not. Eventually, you are responsible for Yourself.

1 Like

Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by victorazy(m): 1:50pm On May 17, 2013
deols:

The guy Rafhell, who is possibly you, made no point at all. How well has he practised that 'love for his neighbour'. The first post hidden on here is by him. You can imagine what his post is.

Aunty! Am not Rafhell! I just wanted to correct that guy pointing finger to another person. If Nigerians love one another irrespective of religion, issue of BH will never exist. If u meet a luvin muslim u will be tempted to become a muslim. So what am my saying, we shld stop pointing fingers to Holy books, absence of love is the problem.
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by deols(f): 1:53pm On May 17, 2013
victorazy:

Aunty! Am not Rafhell! I just wanted to correct that guy pointing finger to another person. If Nigerians love one another irrespective of religion, issue of BH will never exist. If u meet a luvin muslim u will be tempted to become a muslim. So what am my saying, we shld stop pointing fingers to Holy books, absence of love is the problem.

Even Islam preaches that you are good to your neighbours and everyone else. It is important but not the only important thing.

And you called me Aunty shocked I hope you are only ten o or else I will vex. grin
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by paranod123(m): 1:55pm On May 17, 2013
Everyone have the right to believe whatever they want to believe non of boko haram are muslim because if they are then they will follow what Quran and what Muhammed preach(it was clear were Quran stated dash should not commit suicide for any reason)are suicide bomber blind to read that or they just jump that this is surely Hausa people not Muslim only that some Christian don't care to hear anything good about islam when Militant are disturbing the president nobody call then Christian nd we all no dat Majority of them are christian likewise most Housa are muslim. I have been there before in Maduguri I see the way they treat there self.I did not even finish what I went there to do.if you want to confirmed this if you see all those housa shoe make around ur area find Quran give them nd let them read for you.u ll find answer to what am saying 70% of housa can not read Quran. Let Jonathan Tag them terrorist nd let fight them together
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by jamesrichard(m): 2:02pm On May 17, 2013
Image laundary indeed..where d problem lies is in d book u believe in,d book u call d ultimate,which I strongly disagree! A clear example; Why should u call us(christian) an unbeliever? infidels? karfirums? Is that wat God sees me as or u? Who gave u right to call us names simply because we are christian.
Well,u do not hv d power to change anyfin as tins are,n will remain dsame. Wat am tryn to say,THE FOUNDATION OF IsLAM iS d PROBLEM.
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by xbalm(m): 2:07pm On May 17, 2013
@op may Allah increase u in knowledge n aCcpt dis as an act of ibadat.

It is rather unfortunate that we choose 2 cloud our sense of judgment wit extremism rather than clear comprehension n careful attention 2 detailed explanations and asking sensible questions where n when necessary. And dis cud b attributed 2 d sheer hatred we hold in our minds towards ppl of different faith n religious background which is evidently most common amongst d xtians n muslims.

Wot d op iterated r d stance of Islam itself on dis unholy blood shed perpetrated by sme individuals who bliv dey r fighting a just cause. Bt, wot I reli dnt undrstand is why we choose to attritube the beliefs of a particular faction to the whole. Does this justify in any sense the assumption or conclusion that "the Olumba oluma" faction of the xtian faith portray in perfection what xtianity stands 4 or that the Ombaitse traditional faith justifies what traditional religions signifies? Little wonder, an islamic scholar of blessed memory tried clearing the air on the yard stick upon which our judgments shud b based. In his words, he said, "if you want 2 judge Islam, judge it for what it is (its doctrines with absolute comprehension) and not by the actions or inactions of muslims."

Many of us today r either xtians or muslims because we r born of xtian or islamic homes. We believe and act towards ppl of a different faith with as much dexterity as they r looked upon by our household because, it has been imbibed in us from d cradle. How else can 1 explain d mere assumption by d non muslims that, since the B.H r muslims, d unjust killings dey perpetrate r directives of Islam n neva see any sense in any attempts by d the learned muslims 2 mke clear issues on the stance of Islam on this? In this sme Nigeria, we hear stories of pastors performing "juju" as their source of power, commiting adultery in disguise for deliverance, even holding claims 2 jsutify their actions according 2 d scripture. Does it then imply that, since I'm a muslim, I shud conlcude these are wot xtianity as a religion holds?

The issue of religion is that which only an unbiased mind can relate to n understand vividly. That u choose 2 castrate muslims because of B.H n label their religion as a blood sucking one only tells of how much understanding u hve of evn ur own religion and the contemporary world of today.
. . .If only we'v had the choice frm birth 2 choose where we belong in faith, I reli truely wonder, how many of us today 'll b left lost in the wilderness!

. . .Jst ma 1 cent!

1 Like

Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by paranod123(m): 2:09pm On May 17, 2013
Of all I wrote up there the only thing u see is my error and I wrote some christian now u call urself believer nd insulting another religion nd looking another Man wrong. I respect Christian a lot I do go to church and my wife is christian even she was Igbo nd I don't have problem with that. My advice for you stop reading negatively to what other people say try to be positive nd correct others peaceful when wrong. (When ever I have issue I don't understand I read any of the two book around me Holy Bible nd Holy Quran)
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by victorazy(m): 2:09pm On May 17, 2013
deols:

Even Islam preaches that you are good to your neighbours and everyone else. It is important but not the only important thing.

And you called me Aunty shocked I hope you are only ten o or else I will vex. grin
grin grin grin yes ur right. I got 10 last friday night grin grin
But serious o! Islam would hav been the best religion on earth, but..... angry undecided
I hav muslim friends, my MD is a muslim man but he loves us too.
I pity Northerners cuz BH just brought war on them bcuz they refused to expose them because of religion. Here we're at the South hearing and enjoying the shw. It was us number of yrs back (Biafran. War) is that what God meant by "the battle is mine" we dey enjoy the show GEJ grin eyaa but I pity them.
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 17, 2013
Lilimax:
Yes they are. Afterall they go to Koranic School. undecided
It is a type of education. Isn't it?

yes this what they taught them in there school, so tell me y won't there be boko haram and all the islamist terrorist element in the world....guy its better u hide this ur write up than posting this exposed things of yours. make i listen to news and here how many disgrunted terrorist are sent to meet therer virgins. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by olapluto(m): 2:32pm On May 17, 2013
Like someone said earlier, everyone has a right to believe whatever they want to believe. The person who started this thread wanted to enlighten with evidence. A lot of people have been manipulated by the news they read so much. So much so that they start to become blind to what they see daily.
I am Muslim, and proud to be one. I have met many Muslims, some practice, some dont. Some are educated, some are not. As such, no single description can be used to blanket all Muslims. Some say Yoruba Muslims are this and that. I have met very very nice and honest Hausa Muslims. In fact, I feel so much at ease with the Hausa Muslims I deal with. For example, I have done transactions in millions with a Hausa Muslim based on his words.
The fact that Boko Haram have turned out the way they are doesnt mean we should blanket the whole Hausa. They have their shortcomings as a people. They are less enlightened in some areas, and mostly are very emotional. Except we respect each other, we cannot effectively worship our God.

2 Likes

Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by raphaelnjz(m): 2:41pm On May 17, 2013
ONE BOKO-BOMB, TEN- HARAM,DEAD! grin cheesy
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by shalmen: 2:43pm On May 17, 2013
a well written text, though not a muslim. question remains
. . . why and how do the misguided among u believe the contrary?
is the koran so porous in translation that a whole lot of muslims
across the southern sahel spreading across eight countries, get inspired by
hate and violence to unlease mayhem on unsuspecting christians be wrong?
with experiences in borno, 9/11, fulani herdsmen incurssions be termed as misguided muslims?
what were the prophet mohammed's anticedents like? didn't he engage
in warfare as the agressor? are there not plenty of surahs in the koran
that can be termed hate preaching aimed at the jews?
i'm sorry sir, u seem to be the misguided one. people like you
are actually peaceful but forgive me when i say islam encourages violence.

2 Likes

Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by kutubi1: 2:48pm On May 17, 2013
Walaikum salam, thanks alot brother
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by olapluto(m): 2:50pm On May 17, 2013
shalmen: a well written text, though not a muslim. question remains
with experiences in borno, 9/11, fulani herdsmen incurssions be termed as misguided muslims?
There's an Islam you want to potray, there's an Islam that majority of Muslims are in. I realised this a long time ago. Maybe because I have access to independent information. Who are you to proclaim someone is misguided?? A Muslim comes here and puts forward an intelligent and subtle message. You do not like that and are not comfortable with that. If he had come with ' cut their heads, slay their necks' you probably would have been jumping up and down on your seats to say yeah this is the Islam you want.
I'm sorry to disappoint you, over 90% of Muslims are peaceful. The Quran abhors violence and aggression ( I dont expect you to believe because you've been programmed)

4 Likes

Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by tbaba1234: 2:52pm On May 17, 2013
The op has roots in the south south and northern Nigeria.My dad is from the south south so that is the official stance but my northern root is also important. All the talk about 'northern and southern' muslim makes no sense to me, muslims are not divided by borders. The piece you read was written by a northern muslim, whatever that means.

I have met great brothers from across Nigeria and the world, my love for them is independent of tribe or nationality.The only thing that matters is Islam.
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by chigonye: 3:03pm On May 17, 2013
Oga leave story!
What the poster just did is quote the Koran in letters, which is quite understandable cos that's all he knows for now or has been made to know.
Boko Haram nd other sects of suicide bombers are MOSLEMS that understand the Koran BEYOND THE WRITTEN PAGES, and they are not apologetic in making these known!
So please spare us all these formalities, u and I know the truth!
Thank you!
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 17, 2013
MY Brother u saw that kind stupid yarn? hypocritical statements. Abeg make them kill all boko boys joor. tell this guy to park well.
dannysteve99@ya:
And u are expecting me to read all that or what?Is it because Boko h,are beeing chase nw that u remember to qout ur Koran ot what is it call. Plesase give me chance to pray for JTF.
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 17, 2013
shalmen: a well written text, though not a muslim. question remains
gbam
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 17, 2013
Lilimax: Honestly speaking I like the way Southern Moslems practice their religion. They are very peaceful and tolerant.
How come the Northern Moslems are so violent .
I think they need to be re-educated undecided

they sure need education and anger management classes/therapy..

They memorized the koran!! 8 hours a day for 10 years. What a waste of time. May as well memorize Harry Potter for all the truth in it
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 17, 2013
chigonye: Oga leave story!
What the poster just did is quote the Koran in letters, which is quite understandable cos that's all he knows for now or has been made to know.
Boko Haram nd other sects of suicide bombers are MOSLEMS that understand the Koran BEYOND THE WRITTEN PAGES, and they are not apologetic in making these known!
So please spare us all these formalities, u and I know the truth!
Thank you!

another big GBAM
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 17, 2013
then u have no business contributing in this issue. Why should atheist who do not believe in the existence of any supreme deity nor religion always come on such forum to talk on religion? pls park well in oblivion
I am not a Muslim neither am I an adherent of any organised religion but the argument outlined here should make sense to anybody who is not bigoted.[/quote]
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 17, 2013
THOSE IN QATAR AND DUBAI ARE THEY NOT MUSLIMS??
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by xeexee1: 3:23pm On May 17, 2013
jazakhallahu Khair.... may ALLAH reward u for dis enlightment!
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by Mustymohd2: 3:24pm On May 17, 2013
The LokI: The jtf & s ss should kill them all
back 2 senda
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by nep2ra(m): 3:25pm On May 17, 2013
ocman: then u have no business contributing in this issue. Why should atheist who do not believe in the existence of any supreme deity nor religion always come on such forum to talk on religion? pls park well in oblivion
I am not a Muslim neither am I an adherent of any organised religion but the argument outlined here should make sense to anybody who is not bigoted.

So because I'm not an adherent of any organised religion, that makes me an atheist? Goodness gracious!!!
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:26pm On May 17, 2013
Decapo: NOTE; To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to any religion

Stop this veiled threat of violence
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by jude33084(m): 3:30pm On May 17, 2013
Pedagogue: As if boko haram peeps are on nairaland!!!

Let's be sincere guys, there's a reason why boko haram is boko haram!

And one of the reasons is that I cannot post what I think!!!

grin grin grin
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by Abrakhan: 3:33pm On May 17, 2013
Lilimax: Honestly speaking I like the way Southern Moslems practice their religion. They are very peaceful and tolerant.
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by theripper2: 3:38pm On May 17, 2013
The OP is probably from Edo or a Yoruba Muslim, dat being said, his brilliant write-up could incense a hard-line Muslim who sees his whole essence in life to fight Allah's cause be it by Jihad or physical confrontation.
Truth being told, there are traits of radicalism in muslim adherents and these radical Muslims seem to dwarf the voices of the moderate or liberal ones. In as much as we may choose to deny it, Radical Islam is growing exponentially and their actions or inactions is what pple of other faiths or no faith at all would judge muslims by.

2 Likes

Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by jude33084(m): 3:38pm On May 17, 2013
dridowu: ds hapins to muslims in south east and south south also. Ds rarely hapins in south west, may b because we SW have combine of religion in our family

Can you pls mention anywhere in the south south where landlords refused to rent out his house to you because you are a muslims?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nice Quranic Recitations / Nigerian Pilgrim Returns Lost N500,000 To Pakistani Man In Mecca. Photo / Ruling On A Man Kissing His Adult Daughter And Hugging Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.