Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective (15862 Views)

I Am Afraid For India (from A Nigerian Muslim Perspective) / Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam / Muslims Against Terror Offers $10,000 For Info On Boko Haram and Its Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by Mafking(m): 8:32am On May 18, 2013
mebad: You have written very well. We will be judged by our individual actions by God. If u allow yourself to be used as a religious pawn ...
there is war within islam,and the war has being in the existence befor you were even born,solve the war within islam and the world'l be a better place,some of ur folks tink killing the infedels is the greatest jihad, do u even know the greatest jihad? Dont let anybody teach u Quran, read it ursef nd mayb u will correct ur superiors, u beta go and buy a Quran in a language u understand and see for ursef the greatest jihad,am a christian and many muslims dont even understand the Quran they are reading. I repeat go and buy a Quran u undastnd,its not compulsory to read quran in arabic. U guyz win the war withing your religion first, only the wise'l understnd, am nt a moslem,am a xtian, bt am also a human being nd that is what generalise al of us

1 Like

Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by Remii(m): 8:35am On May 18, 2013
bobbteeth:

I think the southern muslims are afraid of dying, lol!
The northern muslims lack self esteem and the fear of God

does it occur to you that Muslims are somewhere else apart from Northern Nigeria? Does it occur to you that UAE, Qatar, Oman that many non Muslims go for vacation, leave and even work are Muslim countries? Does is occur to you that those countries boast of robust and advanced social amenities and institutions? The case of Northern Nigeria is simple case of wicked and callous past leaders who refused to develop their people. When a Governor, (Modu Sherif) could boast publicly that journalists are wasting their time writing about him because 95% of his people cannot read or write , why blame Islam for their woes?

2 Likes

Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by olumyde(m): 3:53pm On May 18, 2013
From the post, i got that according to Surah 2:26, Allah misguides those who are inherently corrupt through the Quran. Well, most humans are inherently corrupt. My advice is if you are corrupt don't read a quran, get a bible instead. I got a question though for all to ponder. Assuming prophet muhamed is alive today in nigeria, will he be a gentle muslim, always preaching peace? Will he allow a christian to be the chairman of his local goverment? Will he like a christian being his governor or president? Or lets substitute prophet muhamed with Uthman dan fodio (who contributed much to the spread of islam in nigeria). If u answer this you'll see that religious violence can never be seperated from islam. Its not just Nigeria, its all over the world. Some of this terrorists are more zealous muslims than the ones that are peaceful. They dress up like the prophet, they are well versed in the quran, they pray the most, some don't even miss prayers. Thats the difference btw muslims and christians who commit violence. Most 'christians' that commit violence are uncommited christians who can't say they are born-again while most muslims that are violent are committed muslims. If a muslim can be cutting someone's head and be saying "allahu akbar", then something is wrong. I mean no offense, just stating facts.

1 Like

Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by ClitorialDept: 5:22pm On May 18, 2013
The koran is very explicit and specific as to how infidels especially Jews and Christians are to be treated by Muslims.

There are more calls to violence then peace in the koran as declared by their prophet.

Checkout Religion of Peace on google. The site is loaded with explosive material from the koran.

OP you are just deceiving yourself and wasting your time trying to humanize evil.
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by Sike(m): 5:43pm On May 18, 2013
May Allah Bless this Poster.
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by hayubee(m): 5:54pm On May 18, 2013
Islam is not as seen on tv.
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by kuma007(m): 8:10pm On May 18, 2013
May Allah reward the OP abundantly for this effort. But I must quickly point out that a violent muslim is not like that merely because he is a muslim. Everyone has his natural instinct to contend with. Now, how are we sure those bombing everywhere are muslims? I have read a story in india where some religious group, (not christians)dressed like muslims and chanting some Quranic verses took a cow to the front of the Bhudist shrine and slaughtered it. This expectedly led to the killing and maiming of muslims around. It was a plan to give the muslims a bad name to hang them. Muslims are the best of mankind ever in existence as we enjoin good and forbid evil. 'Iman shakiran, wa iman kafuran'
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by vedaxcool(m): 8:34pm On May 18, 2013
^
And something similar seemed to have happened with Mai tasine!

www.nairaland.com/1294289/mai-tatsine-boko-haram-bitter
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by olumyde(m): 8:58pm On May 18, 2013
kuma007: But I must quickly point out that a violent muslim is not like that merely because he is a muslim. Everyone has his natural instinct to contend with. Now, how are we sure those bombing everywhere are muslims? I have read a story in india where some religious group, (not christians)dressed like muslims and chanting some Quranic verses took a cow to the front of the Bhudist shrine and slaughtered it.
Lets be objective here, how do you know that they were not muslims. Those bombing in the north are not muslim? Please browse on how BH started. What of Uthman dan fodio? What of Osama bin ladin? What of d nigerian Abdul-mutalab caught abroad?
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by olumyde(m): 9:06pm On May 18, 2013
And have you heard of muslims taking up arms immediately after friday prayers? Gosh! Its like taking up arms after a sunday service. Its impossible. I've not heard it. Something is wrong in the foundation that can not be solved by merely saying islam is a religion of peace on the surface. The solution to that foundational problem is accepting the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by olapluto(m): 10:13pm On May 18, 2013
olumyde: And have you heard of muslims taking up arms immediately after friday prayers? Gosh! Its like taking up arms after a sunday service. Its impossible. I've not heard it. Something is wrong in the foundation that can not be solved by merely saying islam is a religion of peace on the surface. The solution to that foundational problem is accepting the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Olumide omo Jesu. All your posts show tell a story about you. Either you're permanently blocked to superior reasoning or just lack exposure. You need to travel round the world, meet Muslims and learn how Muslims live. You sitting in your sitting room listening to news is affecting your reasoning. I understand that the frustrating living conditions in Nigeria helps breed reasonings like yours, but it will help you to get more exposure. Go out there and move with Muslims, read the Quran and other Islamic texts. Google is also there. Dont read about Islam from a Christian website, else you will be further brainwashed.
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by olumyde(m): 2:38am On May 19, 2013
ola_pluto:
Olumide omo Jesu. All your posts show tell a story about you. Either you're permanently blocked to superior reasoning or just lack exposure. You need to travel round the world, meet Muslims and learn how Muslims live. You sitting in your sitting room listening to news is affecting your reasoning. I understand that the frustrating living conditions in Nigeria helps breed reasonings like yours, but it will help you to get more exposure. Go out there and move with Muslims, read the Quran and other Islamic texts. Google is also there. Dont read about Islam from a Christian website, else you will be further brainwashed.
As the saying goes, Assumption is the lowest level of knowledge, you should have asked. FYI, i have muslim friends who are normal people. And i was recently in taraba state where there was religious crisis both in february ending and this last two weeks (through which i know muslims can start a fight even when they are wrong). I've read the quran (not completely) and i've read some history about prophet mohamed's life from islamic scholars. So i know what i'm talking about. In my last two posts, i posed some questions that nobody is willing to answer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nice Quranic Recitations / Nigerian Pilgrim Returns Lost N500,000 To Pakistani Man In Mecca. Photo / Ruling On A Man Kissing His Adult Daughter And Hugging Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.