Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective (15865 Views)

I Am Afraid For India (from A Nigerian Muslim Perspective) / Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam / Muslims Against Terror Offers $10,000 For Info On Boko Haram and Its Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by kadree(m): 3:50pm On May 17, 2013
xbalm: @op may Allah increase u in knowledge n aCcpt dis as an act of ibadat.

It is rather unfortunate that we choose 2 cloud our sense of judgment wit extremism rather than clear comprehension n careful attention 2 detailed explanations and asking sensible questions where n when necessary. And dis cud b attributed 2 d sheer hatred we hold in our minds towards ppl of different faith n religious background which is evidently most common amongst d xtians n muslims.

Wot d op iterated r d stance of Islam itself on dis unholy blood shed perpetrated by sme individuals who bliv dey r fighting a just cause. Bt, wot I reli dnt undrstand is why we choose to attritube the beliefs of a particular faction to the whole. Does this justify in any sense the assumption or conclusion that "the Olumba oluma" faction of the xtian faith portray in perfection what xtianity stands 4 or that the Ombaitse traditional faith justifies what traditional religions signifies? Little wonder, an islamic scholar of blessed memory tried clearing the air on the yard stick upon which our judgments shud b based. In his words, he said, "if you want 2 judge Islam, judge it for what it is (its doctrines with absolute comprehension) and not by the actions or inactions of muslims."

Many of us today r either xtians or muslims because we r born of xtian or islamic homes. We believe and act towards ppl of a different faith with as much dexterity as they r looked upon by our household because, it has been imbibed in us from d cradle. How else can 1 explain d mere assumption by d non muslims that, since the B.H r muslims, d unjust killings dey perpetrate r directives of Islam n neva see any sense in any attempts by d the learned muslims 2 mke clear issues on the stance of Islam on this? In this sme Nigeria, we hear stories of pastors performing "juju" as their source of power, commiting adultery in disguise for deliverance, even holding claims 2 jsutify their actions according 2 d scripture. Does it then imply that, since I'm a muslim, I shud conlcude these are wot xtianity as a religion holds?

The issue of religion is that which only an unbiased mind can relate to n understand vividly. That u choose 2 castrate muslims because of B.H n label their religion as a blood sucking one only tells of how much understanding u hve of evn ur own religion and the contemporary world of today.
. . .If only we'v had the choice frm birth 2 choose where we belong in faith, I reli truely wonder, how many of us today 'll b left lost in the wilderness!

. . .Jst ma 1 cent!
Sincerely,I envy dis from U̶̲̥̅̊.can ,nokia 3310 ping?big NO my brother simply becasue it is not programmed to...U̶̲̥̅̊ can only dish out what U̶̲̥̅̊ av.He who doesn't want to see,will never see even wit countless combined eyes.
We are happy to b of al-islam! We are glad to and we can never ask for more.
@op,U̶̲̥̅̊ av done your good part,d choice is for every....
salam!

2 Likes

Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by deols(f): 3:51pm On May 17, 2013
jude33084:

Can you pls mention anywhere in the south south where landlords refused to rent out his house to you because you are a muslims?

There is no need prolonging this unnecessary argument especially when it has nothing to do with the op. People who have experienced that attest to it.
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by deols(f): 3:52pm On May 17, 2013
jamesrichard: Image laundary indeed..where d problem lies is in d book u believe in,d book u call d ultimate,which I strongly disagree! A clear example; Why should u call us(christian) an unbeliever? infidels? karfirums? Is that wat God sees me as or u? Who gave u right to call us names simply because we are christian.
Well,u do not hv d power to change anyfin as tins are,n will remain dsame. Wat am tryn to say,THE FOUNDATION OF IsLAM iS d PROBLEM.

What does the bible call non-christians?
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by jude33084(m): 3:56pm On May 17, 2013
paranod123: Everyone have the right to believe whatever they want to believe non of boko haram are muslim because if they are then they will follow what Quran and what Muhammed preach(it was clear were Quran stated dash should not commit suicide for any reason)are suicide bomber blind to read that or they just jump that this is surely Hausa people not Muslim only that some Christian don't care to hear anything good about islam when Militant are disturbing the president nobody call then Christian nd we all no dat Majority of them are christian likewise most Housa are muslim. I have been there before in Maduguri I see the way they treat there self.I did not even finish what I went there to do.if you want to confirmed this if you see all those housa shoe make around ur area find Quran give them nd let them read for you.u ll find answer to what am saying 70% of housa can not read Quran. Let Jonathan Tag them terrorist nd let fight them together

Boko Harams are Muslims, maybe the confused ones. And it is also true that most Hausa youth cannot read the Koran,...cough! cough!! undecided

....and yet they(Hausa call southern Muslims un serious) grin

Asari Dokubo is also a Muslim, abi him na Christian?
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by TS2(m): 3:59pm On May 17, 2013
Lilimax: Honestly speaking I like the way Southern Moslems practice their religion. They are very peaceful and tolerant.
How come the Northern Moslems are so violent .
I think they need to be re-educated undecided

Education and exposure. Even the very educated northern muslims are calm too. The south is much more enlightened by the north and thus the muslims understand the need to seek fulfilment and joy from peacful means.
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by jude33084(m): 4:00pm On May 17, 2013
deols:

What does the bible call non-christians?

Unbelievers wink
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by jude33084(m): 4:03pm On May 17, 2013
deols:

There is no need prolonging this unnecessary argument especially when it has nothing to do with the op. People who have experienced that attest to it.

You are right on that, let them come and testify smiley

Back to the topic; where did the issue of hate comes from then? wink
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by Mustymohd2: 4:13pm On May 17, 2013
[quote
author=victorazy]
grin grin grin yes ur right. I got 10 last friday night grin grin
But serious o! Islam would hav been the best religion on earth, but.....
angry undecided
I hav muslim friends, my MD is a muslim man but he loves us too.
I pity Northerners cuz BH just brought war on them bcuz they refused to
expose them because of religion. Here we're at the South hearing and
enjoying the shw. It was us number of yrs back (Biafran. War) is that
what God meant by "the battle is mine" we dey enjoy the show GEJ grin eyaa
but I pity them. [/quote] dat mean u contribut 2
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by kadree(m): 4:14pm On May 17, 2013
jude33084:

Boko Harams are Muslims, maybe the confused ones. And it is also true that most Hausa youth cannot read the Koran,...cough! cough!! undecided

....and yet they(Hausa call southern Muslims un serious) grin

Asari Dokubo is also a Muslim, abi him na Christian?
Is Asari Dokubo not living in predominantly xtian region of dis part of d world?from day 1,his fight has bn in support of d president-a xtian
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by Bsmartt(m): 4:20pm On May 17, 2013
alhamdulillah for a topic like this.it is now left to the muslims to play his/her part in preaching the gospel of islam and the teachings of the Holy prophet(S.A.W).may ALLAH guide those muslims that have went astray and continue to guide and guard us to the right path to paradise.ameen. PEACE

1 Like

Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by hafsylam: 4:33pm On May 17, 2013
Fear that which you worship being it a "stone" for one day you shall return to him and account for your deeds!!!
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 17, 2013
xbalm: @op may Allah increase u in knowledge n aCcpt dis as an act of ibadat.

It is rather unfortunate that we choose 2 cloud our sense of judgment wit extremism rather than clear comprehension n careful attention 2 detailed explanations and asking sensible questions where n when necessary. And dis cud b attributed 2 d sheer hatred we hold in our minds towards ppl of different faith n religious background which is evidently most common amongst d xtians n muslims.

Wot d op iterated r d stance of Islam itself on dis unholy blood shed perpetrated by sme individuals who bliv dey r fighting a just cause. Bt, wot I reli dnt undrstand is why we choose to attritube the beliefs of a particular faction to the whole. Does this justify in any sense the assumption or conclusion that "the Olumba oluma" faction of the xtian faith portray in perfection what xtianity stands 4 or that the Ombaitse traditional faith justifies what traditional religions signifies? Little wonder, an islamic scholar of blessed memory tried clearing the air on the yard stick upon which our judgments shud b based. In his words, he said, "if you want 2 judge Islam, judge it for what it is (its doctrines with absolute comprehension) and not by the actions or inactions of muslims."

Many of us today r either xtians or muslims because we r born of xtian or islamic homes. We believe and act towards ppl of a different faith with as much dexterity as they r looked upon by our household because, it has been imbibed in us from d cradle. How else can 1 explain d mere assumption by d non muslims that, since the B.H r muslims, d unjust killings dey perpetrate r directives of Islam n neva see any sense in any attempts by d the learned muslims 2 mke clear issues on the stance of Islam on this? In this sme Nigeria, we hear stories of pastors performing "juju" as their source of power, commiting adultery in disguise for deliverance, even holding claims 2 jsutify their actions according 2 d scripture. Does it then imply that, since I'm a muslim, I shud conlcude these are wot xtianity as a religion holds?

The issue of religion is that which only an unbiased mind can relate to n understand vividly. That u choose 2 castrate muslims because of B.H n label their religion as a blood sucking one only tells of how much understanding u hve of evn ur own religion and the contemporary world of today.
. . .If only we'v had the choice frm birth 2 choose where we belong in faith, I reli truely wonder, how many of us today 'll b left lost in the wilderness!

. . .Jst ma 1 cent!

1 cent Only one?!?!o_O Where's the other 1??! It's normally two though....

1 Like

Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 17, 2013
paranod123: Of all I wrote up there the only thing u see is my error and I wrote some christian now u call urself believer nd insulting another religion nd looking another Man wrong. I respect Christian a lot I do go to church and my wife is christian even she was Igbo nd I don't have problem with that. My advice for you stop reading negatively to what other people say try to be positive nd correct others peaceful when wrong. (When ever I have issue I don't understand I read any of the two book around me Holy Bible nd Holy Quran)

Hahaha any of the two BOOKS So what are you then- a Chrislam ;-D
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by Mintayo(m): 5:22pm On May 17, 2013
jude33084:

You are right on that, let them come and testify smiley

Back to the topic; where did the issue of hate comes from then? wink

QURAN!

Going by d op post,then millions of ppl are not muslims-bokoharam; alqueda; countries like iran(who fund terrorists), pakistan, afghanistan,libya, egypt etc-then majority of the ppl in dis country are nt muslims den bcus dis countries fund terrorists heavily!
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by Mintayo(m): 5:25pm On May 17, 2013
Bsmartt: alhamdulillah for a topic like this.it is now left to the muslims to play his/her part in preaching the gospel of islam and the teachings of the Holy prophet(S.A.W).may ALLAH guide those muslims that have went astray and continue to guide and guard us to the right path to paradise.ameen. PEACE

'gospel ke'
Oti o; abeg rephrase am o!
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by Dewze(m): 5:26pm On May 17, 2013
If all wht d OP has said be true, then muslims (especialy those in the north) shld strive to become more muslims and less Arabs (like the muslims in the south).
I wish the OPs post was directed more to the elites and leaders of Islam (e.g. The supreme leader Ayatolah in Iran) .The majority of muslims (as well christains) are just mere pawns to the politics of power play by the elites (who usualy know better). It has always been like this and will always be like this (as long as man lives on this earth).
GOD IS NOT AN ARAB NEITHER IS HE ENGISH.
So muslim brothers and sisters posting on NL I wld ask u to stop those 'Arabic' quotes and languages u include in ur posts and instead convey those same words in a translation which is more general to us here (english as the case may be or even in ur own native tounge). When u are in an Arabic speaking forum u can spill out as much Arabic quotes as u wld like at them.
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by stankezzy: 5:54pm On May 17, 2013
Lilimax:
I am a sister grin grin grin . Can't you see shocked
u cannot be a sister with coarse voice like man.
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 17, 2013
[quote author=]For those who might think that
this is Jihad, let's be clear, this is
nothing like Jihad. This is nothing
sanctioned by the book of Allah,
it is a form of corruption and
manipulation of the sacred text.

[/quote]
You called Boko Haram a corruption? I was hoping you could make a unique logic from your fellow brothers. If you called Boko Haram a corruption, then you're also giving your religion a name tag. Maybe this is your own way commiting Jihad.... I like it though but next time be more logical. You're not making any sense to me.....thank you.
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by deols(f): 6:19pm On May 17, 2013
Chukskalidon:
You called Boko Haram a corruption? I was hoping you could make a unique logic from your fellow brothers. If you called Boko Haram a corruption, then you're also giving your religion a name tag. Maybe this is your own way commiting Jihad.... I like it though but next time be more logical. You're not making any sense to me.....thank you.
You are getting the point he made wrong. BoKo haram and people like them have made a manipulation and their interpretation is a corruption.
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by nnofaith: 6:34pm On May 17, 2013
christians are so gullible! chei!
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by salt1: 6:53pm On May 17, 2013
nnofaith: christians are so gullible! chei!
How? I thought this thread is for Muslims
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by salt1: 7:01pm On May 17, 2013
dridowu: ds hapins to muslims in south east and south south also. Ds rarely hapins in south west, may b because we SW have combine of religion in our family

Who's persecuting Muslims in SE and SS? Unless you mean mocking them because it's not easy in SE and SS for a married man to go and propose marriage to a girl. His family members even won't go with him.
And they carry talisman!
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by brunofarad(m): 7:26pm On May 17, 2013
Yawns
islam........
peace indeed
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by deols(f): 8:19pm On May 17, 2013
Read about prejudice here, https://www.nairaland.com/1292920/ten-reasons-why-shouldnt-fear#15776404

Posted by a Christian.
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by lampardizik(m): 8:22pm On May 17, 2013
My own God instead of misguiding His people sent His only Son so that the misguided ones can be called to the light.honestly Jesus is the only way!My own God instead of misguiding His people sent His only Son so that the misguided ones can be called to the light.honestly Jesus is the only way!My own God instead of misguiding His people sent His only Son so that the misguided ones can be called to the light.honestly Jesus is the only way!
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by Beync(f): 8:56pm On May 17, 2013
Story that touches the heart
by there fruits u shall know them
there's is no law greater than love ur God first and ur neighbor
of what use is all these preaching with love for God and humans?
nansense
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by internetpo(m): 9:03pm On May 17, 2013
I like this post. These are some of the coolest articles I hav read abt islam. I am not moslem and i hav come across those 'corrupt' verses in the koran. If only moslems in the north can b guided right rather than misguidedi this corruption may stop and peace will return.

May God help us. Amen.
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by AbuMikey(m): 9:25pm On May 17, 2013
I don't CARE
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by Gegz(m): 6:08am On May 18, 2013
I still insist.. Its not compulsory evrybody must comment. If u dnt av any meaningful contribution. Pls, sherrapp.
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by Gegz(m): 6:12am On May 18, 2013
internetpo(m):
I like this post. These are some of the coolest articles I hav read abt islam. I am not moslem and i hav come across those 'corrupt' verses in the koran. If only moslems in the north can b guided right rather than misguidedi this corruption may stop and peace will return.
May God help us. Amen..

God, I really appreciate learned fellows... Bros, may God bless ur wisdom.
Re: A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective by bobbteeth: 8:21am On May 18, 2013
Lilimax: Honestly speaking I like the way Southern Moslems practice their religion. They are very peaceful and tolerant.
How come the Northern Moslems are so violent .
I think they need to be re-educated undecided

I think the southern muslims are afraid of dying, lol!
The northern muslims lack self esteem and the fear of God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Pilgrim Returns Lost N500,000 To Pakistani Man In Mecca. Photo / Ruling On A Man Kissing His Adult Daughter And Hugging Her / Guidelines On Shaking Hands With Non-mahram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.