Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

The Intern Show (Reality TV) - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Intern Show (Reality TV) (32480 Views)

The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! / Help Afolabi Become The Intern / Bank Phb's "the Intern" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by liteman(m): 12:16am On Feb 10, 2007
Now I'm particularly unhappy about the turn out of last night's episode. Oh how sad that the my sweet Rhona is on her way home. I can believe that the girls actually made Damy to fill smart with is sorry ass by voting him to stay before them. it was really pathetic.
Well the show is getting more interesting and i must say things are still far from being over.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Seun(m): 12:18am On Feb 10, 2007
I still find the show unbelievably boring, but Ogechi is definitely cute. The boardroom pretentiousness bores me.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Bizl4Rizl(m): 1:25am On Feb 10, 2007
I was sad to see Rhona go. My beautyful, sweet Rhona. When it was up to either Ogechi or Rhona, I wanted Oggs to go. She's always hogging the camera's attention and wants to always be seen in the action. She's good but she needs to tone down her attention-seeking behaviour.

What was with the mode of eviction this time around? I didn't like it, maybe because it didn't favour my beloved Rhona but then a lucky dip to decide who gets fired? Hell, they can do better.

The girls messed up when they both decided to let Dami go so easily. I thought they would at least make him sweat a little. But they both let him go, I guess they hated each other so much they were in a hurry to let the guy go so they could do battle.

Kudos to Dami, I liked his strategy for nominating. He started tallying the votes for everyone and by the time his turn came he nominated those who had an equal or higher number of votes to him to push them up. Brilliant thinking.

I think there's a dangerous trend going on here - Someone becomes the sacrificial lamb and everybody else starts to nominate him/her for eviction to save their necks. The Boss/Producers need to look at other ways to draw out objective nominations from the contestants.

Liked Kola's Press Conference, he was confident, smart and portraying why he was picked and should not have been evicted. He was always talking about the Kola D. brand. Watch out for him.

PS - I hope I win the Val's Day date to go out with Rhona!
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by fellow(m): 9:39am On Feb 10, 2007
So rhona is going home? well not a surprise shock really cause i didn't see her winning. I think she's the weakest link among them and why on earth would she go for ogechi's neck?
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by ifende(m): 9:42am On Feb 10, 2007
Guys, lets no loose focus right now.
I was sad with the way the board room turned out yesterday.
Can u call that world's best practice, Using a lucky dip to evict someone
Well i'll say its not.
They were asked to give us reason why they should remain in the house in 30 secs.
Rhona emphasized on what she had learnt so far and how educative and equiped she is now and Ogechi as usual was busy stating her strength, i, i, i, and i, thats bullshit.
The judges should have just fired her at that moment,
I can tell you guys that this is her last chance, thesame thing she did again Udokia and now Rhona,
lets wait and see,
the battle just began,
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Nobody: 12:39pm On Feb 10, 2007
well i was glad Rhona went out,Rhona was paranoid,she was always fault finding,that kind of person will nibble you to death,zero getting the job done no original ideas. but she was on the look out of who said what or who did what,she had no idea what the show was about ,it was about brains and brawns.
It was no surprise that Ayo was moaning,i call it misplaced priorities,you came on the show to contest not fall in love.
that shows a weakness on his part,keep ur emotions and business completely unrelated.
Using his emotions and not adhering to Amina's Instructions but later blaming Amina for his shortcomings, bad decision.
i missed Kola,his intellect was startling for someone saw young,instead of using his age like an excuse like Rhona did he maximized it.

calm,brilliant,brave, i recall he was the only one who stood up to the boss to clarify a point without cringing like a rabbit,if we had a thousand Kola in any enterprise my bet is the sky would be the limit.
i watched the interview yesterday and he had already moved on,he didn't lay blames or delve into the past,but he was always thinking ahead,my vision of him,school abroad for an MBA,choice Job success,he was the best.At twenty, i know a lot of young people are all about hanging out and are without vision or Focus.
My Message to Kola is that in life you will find a lot of pitfalls like the Intern,but just stay focused and you will touch the sky.

I like Emmanuel simple fact is that he does not nitpick Issues ,i liked Amina's concept and her leadership qualities it came as a surprise.
Bose and Oge kept saying she was selfish but she needed to be selfish because in the real world it is every one for himself.

Bose is a manipulator,she sweet tongues her way but the sooner people become wary of her,the better.
Ogechi is also manipulator but she is more subtle like a green snake .

Damilola is dull but he his coming up,i see a goldmine an ability to learn from mistakes,.
Ayo is a walking time bomb.i see some one who is domineering and always wants to have his way.

Afolabi is the most boring contestant,and his stress shows all the time when he sweats.bad leadership quality.controlling your emotions and response is one skill a leader must have.

i don't like the voting process,most of the contestant often have a bone to pick with each other and they bring it to the boardroom, so it is left for the judges to sift through the accusations impartially and they themselves are spectators and  judges .
what this implies is that ganging up is allowed and all manner of wild accusations against each other wins.
i thought it was about bringing out the best.
all that said the judges should identify each accusations and sift tthroughit,then people like Kola wwouldn'tbe voted out.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by bioye(m): 7:01pm On Feb 10, 2007
I like Rhona because of her beauty.   She is the finest on the show.  Those eyeballs are baaadd.  But I like Ogechi and Bose not only because I find them attractive but because I believe they'll make very good business women in future.

Kola's eviction interview was amazing.  Such confidence, and it's confirmed - most ideas/ concepts implemented by his team originated from him.

Bose appears to be the favourite among the interns. She's the only one that got 0 votes for eviction at the last boardroom meet and got the highest votes when the interns selected team leaders.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Tmoni(m): 2:51am On Feb 11, 2007
I HATE THE UK sad
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by LoverBwoy(m): 4:34am On Feb 11, 2007
hey Tmoni. there are daily flights to Nigeria what you waiting for, masters? there are many universities in Nigeria too wink

the Ado consult are rubbish, maybe its because of bar location or something but they are really boring, absolutely lost.

That tall guy was really acting like a manager-a bad manager, they didn't even work with the staffs that were there already. Instead of allowing the regular staffs serve and do some regular work, they sent only one person out to "market" even though the place is boring and dark
At one stage the 3 of them were serving just one customer one drink
that girl behind the bar was a bit rude as well- saying something about "are they going to have their drink hot, you should put it in the fridge or something, " why can't she just do it herself

the tall graphics guy should have been outside with damilola getting customers instead of just telling every customer he is on the intern show- " i don't know if you have been watching me on t.v" duhhhh he came for a drink not some soap gossip.

The other team are lucky with the location, kind of worked well at the same time i wont be surprised if the are backbiting later on, seems they've got it in for amina somehow even though Ive not seen her do anything bad

They were asked to give us reason why they should remain in the house in 30 secs.
Rhona emphasized on what she had learnt so far and how educative and equiped she is now and Ogechi as usual was busy stating her strength, i, i, i, and i, thats bullshit.

they were asked to give reason why they should remain in the house- and she did she is meant to market herself- nothing wrong with that
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Tmoni(m): 4:39am On Feb 11, 2007
angry
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by LoverBwoy(m): 4:40am On Feb 11, 2007
did you leave the show because you were going for your masters or because you didnt make the cut?
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Tmoni(m): 4:44am On Feb 11, 2007
did not make it, made some tactical mistakes, blame myself
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by LoverBwoy(m): 4:55am On Feb 11, 2007
Oh i thought u hate the uk because you were unable to participate

If you had would you have stayed back instead of going for your masters?
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Tmoni(m): 4:57am On Feb 11, 2007
funny enough, u re the second person to ask me that question,

cant seem to think of what to say now,

might have posponed sch till febuary
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Bizl4Rizl(m): 8:57am On Feb 11, 2007
I am beginning to get pissed off! angry

The contestants go about marketing their products with the punchline - "we are on the Intern show/have u been watching us on tv" . . . and stuff like that. Is that how marketing should be done? Is everyone who has a product to sell lucky to have a show on tv to back them up? I am sure if they were left on their own and had to market with hidden cameras, most of them would flop.

ADO Consults - I didnt get why Ayo Graphics Designer had to do the serving and introduce himself as "being on the intern show", who gives a f*ck? Are there no members of staff? They are supposed to run the place ie coordinate things. I didnt quite get why they missed the Nigeria/Ghana match which would have been a gold mine for them.
4 Senses - are doing well. They are lucky with their flavours cafe and its location. Man must wack!

All in all, i am beginning to get bored. The beauty (my Rhona) and the intellectual <Kola> are gone, no more incentives to watch.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by naijagal(f): 10:15am On Feb 12, 2007
i have a problem also with them always announcing "we are from the intern show" all the time
infact, some of the successes recorded is because of the camera that follows them all over the place, of course people will patronise them since its gonna be on tv.

on a lighter note, never knew there was something going on between ayo & rhona till amina mentioned it in the boardroom shocked
na wa oh! so love day blossom even in that tough environment?
d poor guy was almost in tears when she was evicted! embarassed

i like the last 3 ladies still in there, they are doing a great job as far as am concerned
amina, ogechi & bose.u go girls kiss kiss kiss
is it just me or does afolabi look lost most times these days? undecided undecided
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by GoToMan(m): 5:19pm On Feb 12, 2007
What's the point in launching a website when the show's almost finished?

I'm referring to the internshow.tv website that says "Website Launches Soon"!!

Tsk, tsk, the website is meant to be running parallel with the show!
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Bizl4Rizl(m): 10:20pm On Feb 12, 2007
@naijagal

I agree with you, Afolabi does seems to be lost. i dont know if he's lost in thot or distracted or bored
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by naijagal(f): 8:31am On Feb 13, 2007
me thinks afolabi will soon step, dont think we will miss him though
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Bizl4Rizl(m): 11:21am On Feb 13, 2007
I am not so sure how soon afolabi will leave. He made an impact early on & does not have any serious beef with anybody and most importantly he is flying below the radar not attracting any attention to himself. So if he's lucky & they dont pick or gang up on him, he may last a while and if he's luckier, he could get his game back and be back in contention.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by LoverBwoy(m): 12:06pm On Feb 13, 2007
which one of them is afolabi

I think the tall dude should go, his leadership skill are terrible. He chose those 2 for ADO consult because they just survived the eviction so he reckons "they'll be very eager to prove themselves" undecided

I notice he talks too much as well does very little
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by badesemowo(m): 1:59pm On Feb 13, 2007
naijagal:

i have a problem also with them always announcing "we are from the intern show" all the time
infact, some of the successes recorded is because of the camera that follows them all over the place, of course people will patronise them since its going to be on tv.

Imagine walking into your favourite bar / fast food. And see like 3 cameras and some guy wearing bank phb shirt,
I think you would want an explanation on whatz going on,
(the show is not mega popular you know and nigerians generally don't read!)

But I agree that a lot of their successes especially in marketting is based on the cameras. It also gives/gave them some level of credibility (which is always an issue for nigerians)

LoverBwoy:

which one of them is afolabi

I think the tall dude should go, his leadership skill are terrible. He chose those 2 for ADO consult because they just survived the eviction so he reckons "they'll be very eager to prove themselves" undecided

I notice he talks too much as well does very little
Ayo is good. He is experienced and plays the game well. They were just unlucky to get a SPORTS Bar,  Only people that love Arsenal and MAn U should have to do those kind of work.

Finally I think Bose and Ayo will make it to the finals. I also suspect that now that Bose is in the lime light, she ll make a minor mistake which would be emphasised and lead to her being fired.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by 3pledee(f): 4:55pm On Feb 13, 2007
guyss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

am makin a prediction,

sittn on my desk at work, with lil to do,
somehow a little birdie came close and told me
EMMANUEL
would be evicted.
i like dis guy cos he has dis funny way of hatein u and den paintin u gud on national tv.
i mean afta kola's eviction, h angrye was like , kola is dis n dat, "naija should watch out for kj.and did i hear he's comin out wit a big bank', wateva

but i think he's got a soft spot for dami

lets just see how it plays out
wink
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by 3pledee(f): 5:04pm On Feb 13, 2007
GUYS DID U SEE KOLA'S PRESS CONFERENCE, man dat guy is gud.
he was just dishn d answers like,
all about d paradigm shift, kola dairo brand name.

d answer dat tripped me d most was wen he was askd who he felt would turn out to be d intern.

he could nt av given a beta one.

watch out am sure Rhona would probably say AYO.

I tot emmy and lipsy were a couple.wats wit d bad blood and nominatin each other, IBO LOVE!!!
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by dhunter(m): 5:42pm On Feb 13, 2007
tripple d as in d d d, or dumb, dull, and ?
well i agree wit ur prediction,just dat mine was an eagle dat gave me dis info.
op emma misses lipsy and vise versa.
this intern love is one to believe.
sure d boss is in love with ms m. jones
regulate,
shocked
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Eastcoast(f): 7:12pm On Feb 13, 2007
The show is just ok; however, i believe it would be far better if they spend less time talking and more time showing the drama.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by hobgoblin1(m): 8:47pm On Feb 13, 2007
Up till last weekend, The Intern reality TV SHOW PROGRAM showed signs of evolving from just a PROGRAM to a SHOW and living up to its name.

If there was anything like a vote for the MVP of this thread, I'll nominate Seun, Loma, Tmoni & LoverBwoy!
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by 3pledee(f): 8:20am On Feb 14, 2007
hunter guy, dont take it personal! didnt u read d rules?

well its val's day so i wont get angry.

just dat i also think urself n emmy must have gotten real groovie at one point in time or u must have a deep crush on M.J,

wat is bi-se****
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by igbonla(m): 2:18pm On Feb 14, 2007
I had high expectations with 'tons' of fear about the intern show; the apprentice is not a show to copy in Nigeria - Donald Trump is putting so much into that program that makes it difficult to copy.

I commend the initiative but not impressed by the show, boardrooms are usually tougher than what I have seen on the program. Time will not permit me to do a good analysis here but the 'boss' and some of his colleagues are too soft in their approach (and to eliminate by ballot is simply unpardonable). Also, the two groups cheated at some point and everybody was pardoned (go and sin no more, eh).

The script may be the show's undoing, I think we are watching some acting. The viewers will have more fun if bank PHB can throw the script away and go get Gamaliel Onosode or Ben Bruce as the boss. I believe this will up the ante and add value even beyond the expectations of the producers.

I wish my boardroom at work was that easy!
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by fellow(m): 12:59am On Feb 15, 2007
hi
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Seun(m): 11:39am On Feb 15, 2007
Even though the show isn't that exciting, I think it's really helping the Bank PHB brand by just being on air.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Mustay(m): 1:03pm On Feb 15, 2007
@ seun, I disagree with ya. When the show just started, my popsi and I were like this is just a waste of money but when they begun their tasks, ,em, those guys 've covered bank phb's expenses cos they rake in millions of dollars.
The show is interesting especially durin boardroom times when e'body gets nervous.

d graphics guy that wears a specs(cant rememba his name now), Abosede and Amina seem 2 be d likely 3

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

DSTV Subscription Hike: I Won’t Subscribe Again – OPM General Overseer / BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss / Big Brother Titans Starts January 15, 2023 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.